Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

trijetfan1
Topic Author

Hows Your MLB Team Going To Do?

Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:40 am

The Cleveland Indians, I think are going to win the central.
1. Coco Crisp
2. Aaron Boone
3. Travis Hafner
4. Victor Martinez
5. Juan Gonzalez
6. Casey Blake
7. Benny Broussard
8. Ron Belliard
9. Jhonny Peralta

1. Sabathia
2. Westbrook
3. Lee
4. Millwood
5. Elarton

Projected AL Central
1st-Cleveland 90-72
2nd-Minnesota 88-74
3rd-Chitcago 80-82
4th-Detroit 78-84
5th-Kansas City 67-95
Earned PPL June 26, 2007

garnetpalmetto

RE: Hows Your MLB Team Going To Do?

Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:45 am

Wait a second, how do I know which bandwagon to hop onto before the end of the season?!?

-Signed,
USairwys757
South Carolina - too small to be its own country, too big to be a mental asylum.

garnetpalmetto

Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:47 am

Seriously, I think the Pirates are finally going to have a winning season this year. Not going to get into projecting records, but I think NL Central will be

1. St. Louis
2. Houston
3. Chicago
4. Pittsburgh
5. Cincinnati
6. Milwaukee
South Carolina - too small to be its own country, too big to be a mental asylum.

CaptOveur

Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:16 am

Both my teams, the Reds and the Astros are in for lousy years I think.

The Reds did snag a left handed starter, that isn't burned out, retarded, or in prison and a few teams actually wanted. So that has things looking up a little bit. They are still a young team and provided they don't trade away the whole team this year they may develop into something in the next few years.. Provided they get rid of that roid-raging liability in the outfield, Griffey.

The Astros inability to pony up a few more million to keep Beltran is probably the first domino to fall causing them yet another season of mediocrity. Clemens and Pettit are good starters but that is all the Astros really have, starters and a closer, the bullpen is a joke. I am not expecting much out of them. Apparently neither is Clemens, I heard a rumor floating around that his contract is supposed to have the Astros try to trade him back to the Yankers if it looks like the Astros are going to have a shitty year.
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.

Logan22L

Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:24 am

Like it or not, it looks as thought the Red SOx and the Yankees will be battling it out for 1-2 in the AL East. The Yanks made some very good moves in the off season (most notably Randy Johnson), as did the Sox, but I think NY got the better of the free agents this year. As usual, we have some reclaimation projects (e.g., Wade Miller), who, if they turn out well, could be great assets.

I figure the AL East shapes up:

Yankees
Red Sox
Blue Jays
Orioles
Dead-Rays

(Gee, that's going out on a limb!) Sox get the wildcard, and we have another crazy October. Let's see what happens.

Logan
"The deeper you go, the higher you fly. The higher you fly, the deeper you go."

CactusA319

Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:17 am

Quoting Garnetpalmetto (Reply 2):
1. St. Louis
2. Houston
3. Chicago
4. Pittsburgh
5. Cincinnati
6. Milwaukee

The Cubs in third?? No way! I see them snagging the NL wild card this year. The team has lost or dealt a pair of sluggers (Alou and Sosa) but given the fact that they led the league in homers yet finished 7th in runs scored, that might not be such a bad thing. The line-up will be a little more balanced this year and still has some pop with 30 HR guys in Aramis Ramirez and DerekLee and potential 30 HR seasons from Nomar Garciaparra and Jeromy Burnitz. The starting pitching is still among the best in the majors provided Kerry Wood and Mark Prior stay healthy. The bullpen is a major concern however since they don't have a bona fide closer.

LHMark

Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:19 am

Just fine. That Burt Shilling gent sure can pitch a doozy, and with Johnny Damien and the guy with the cornrows in the outfield, we should be A-OK.

Signed, most Red Sox fans.
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

texan

Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:42 am

My Rangers are not going to do as well as last year, I'm afraid. Our relief pitching is still good, our starting pitching atrocious, but our hitting improved. Hidalgo is a couple steps up from Brian Jordan, and Adrian Gonzalez, our projected DH, is having a knockout spring batting over .410. Our backup infielder Ian Kinsler is also performing extremely well, batting around .370 and showing excellent plate discipline. The AL West should shape up as follows:
Angels
A's
Rangers
Mariners

AL Central:
Cleveland
Minnesota
ChiSox
Detroit
KC

AL East:
Yanks
Red Sox
Blue Jays
Orioles
Devil Rays

NL East:
Braves
Marlins
Phillies
Mets
Nationals

NL Central:
Cardinals
Brewers
Cubs
Pittsburgh
Astros
Reds

NL West:
Padres
Giants (without Bonds. with Bonds they are in first)
Dodgers
D-Backs
Rockies

That's right, the Brewers are going to do well and will fight for a Wild Card berth! Lee will provide the solid right handed bat, Miller will improve the pitching staff dramatically, and they will fight for the playoffs.

Texan
"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library."

ANCFlyer

Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:48 am

Who gives a shit - didn't care too much for the game before, now turns out nearly all the heavies, and I'd bet a good portion of the rest are all dopers, so I really could care less who wins or loses . . .
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

goCOgo

Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:43 pm

The Tribe will go to the playoffs, get knocked out early as they lack veteran experience (no doubt Juan Gon will be injured), and Jacobs will dismantle the team in an effort to further cut the payroll at the end of the season, continuing his whining that the Indians don't make enough money. Next year, the Indians will field a AAA club in the MLB.

Problem is, no one cares about the Indians now the we have Lebron, and even more importantly, our (awful) football team.
"Why you fly is your business, how you fly is ours"

garnetpalmetto

Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:44 pm

Quoting Texan (Reply 7):
That's right, the Brewers are going to do well and will fight for a Wild Card berth! Lee will provide the solid right handed bat, Miller will improve the pitching staff dramatically, and they will fight for the playoffs.

Mind passing some of what you're smoking this way so I can justify the Pirates going to the Series?

PilotJmartin

Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:31 pm

Well no doubt the Toronto Jays are going to suck but I am still going to go to the games and have a laugh when they lose. But lets see what's in store this season for MLB.

Usairwys757

Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:35 pm

Where on earth did you guys get the idea that I'm a bandwagon fan??  Wink

I'm really not though, I've been a Braves fan all my life. I just get frustrated because we choke in the postseason EVERY damn year.

I was pulling for the Sox to win it all, yes.
Inactive.....

CaptOveur

Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:47 pm

Quoting Usairwys757 (Reply 12):
I just get frustrated because we choke in the postseason EVERY damn year.

So you become a BoSox fan? you are what some might call an Airbus landing

RETARD!!
RETARD!!

I was pulling for the Sox to win it all, yes

I bet you were sitting there with your pants down watching the Red Sox run around pulling on something.

Dealing with a team that chokes is called being a real fan, not the bandwagon variety. Pick a team, stick with it through thick and thin, richer and poorer, sickness and health. It is a little like marriage, thats why im not nuts about my polygamous fanship, but I can't help it. I grew up with the Reds and I live so close to the Astros now.

Usairwys757

Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:50 pm

Whats wrong with pulling for another team after yours has been eliminated? I never said I would have started crying if they would have lost. I didnt go out and buy a Sox jersey and hat and parade around like I've been a fan for 20 years.

Like I said, I've been a Braves fan my whole damn life, and I dont need anybody to tell me that.
Inactive.....

CaptOveur

Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:52 pm

Quoting Usairwys757 (Reply 14):
Whats wrong with pulling for another team after yours has been eliminated?

Nothing, except when you cross the line into calling them your team... I like any AL team that beats the Yankees. I will even watch an AL game if the Yankees are losing.

aerobalance

Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:17 pm

9 to 1 on my California Angels (yes, that is what I'M calling them!) to win the series.

Got a $100 on them...

At the minimum, I'll take another sweep of the Yankees at their house!
"Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy..."

StevenUhl777

Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:30 pm

Wake me up when everyone is suspended for being on 'roids and the season is cancelled.

Yaaaaawwwwwwnnnnn.....
And the winner for best actress is....REESE WITHERSPOON for 'Walk the Line'!!!!!!!!

Airlinerfreak

Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:37 pm

I am surprised Yanksn4 hasn't commented. I am going to say the Dodgers are going to make it to the NL Championship. Nobody, and I mean nobody can bet their pitching rotation, except of course for the Yankees.

[Edited 2005-03-30 07:41:30]

SonOfACaptain

Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:48 pm

Quoting TrijetFan1 (Thread starter):
3. Travis Hafner

How in the hell did you guys steal him from my Rangers.  banghead 

-SOAC
Non Illegitimi Carborundum

CaptOveur

Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:53 pm

Quoting SonOfACaptain (Reply 19):
How in the hell did you guys steal him from my Rangers.

Probably the same way the Yankers got Pay-Rod: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

tbar220

Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:07 pm

Dodgers? Eh, they're pitching rotation isn't as good as everybody says. Its good, I'll say that, but they lost big names in Beltre and Green, and they can never replace Lo Duca. They might win the NL West with Bonds out of the picture, but I'm skeptical this year.

Angels? Now they kept most of the same offensive firepower, and they have a solid but not great starting rotation. They're rotation has good lasting power, so they don't need a great relief. They lost Percival so it should be interesting to see how Rodriguez plays. The A's, they're biggest challenge, took a hit to their starting rotation which I think will help the Angels repeat as AL West Champs.
NO URLS in signature

KROC

Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:11 pm

The Mets improved all over and I am looking forward to a full season with David Wright at third base. I think a decent goal for this year would be a winning record and maybe a 2nd place finish in the division. The Playoffs are still a year or two away.

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 8):
Who gives a shit - didn't care too much for the game before, now turns out nearly all the heavies, and I'd bet a good portion of the rest are all dopers, so I really could care less who wins or loses . . .

Spoken like a true NFL Fan...Especially since NFL Players NEVER dope right? I-:

I'm really not though, I've been a Braves fan all my life. I just get frustrated because we choke in the postseason EVERY damn year.

So what. You are a Braves Fan until you get frustrated then you look for the team with the best chance of winning and become their "Fan".

I was pulling for the Sox to win it all, yes.

You started pimping the Sox right around August. Well Done. You know the Braves are gonna choke, its a given, so you jumped on the Wagon early last year. Well done. You are truly the prototypical ATL Fan.

Quoting Usairwys757 (Reply 14):
Whats wrong with pulling for another team after yours has been eliminated? I never said I would have started crying if they would have lost. I didnt go out and buy a Sox jersey and hat and parade around like I've been a fan for 20 years.

Like I said, I've been a Braves fan my whole damn life, and I dont need anybody to tell me that.

Slow down. You obviously need to be reminded you are a Braves Fan. Nobody gave you more shit last year than me about you jumping teams. You spent allot of time trying to justify your jump too including saying you have been a Red Sox Fan for a long time...you just never said anything about it. You are a typical ATL Braves Fan...only when they win and even not all the time. And you may not have bought a new Sox hat, but I bet you went to EBAY about bought a used one so you could say you had the hat for years now. My favorite par to f all this though is once all the Red Sox hooplah started dying down, you jump right back to being a Braves Honk, saying you couldn't "not root for them". Come on man. You are just better off answering who your favorite team is after the first round of the MLB playoffs.

trijetfan1
Topic Author

Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:00 pm

Quoting CaptOveur (Reply 20):
Probably the same way the Yankers got Pay-Rod: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

HUH?? money, are you honestly saying that CLE stole Hafner because of money?! Hafner played about 20 games with the Rangers and Shapiro traded Einar Diaz and Ryan Drese for Travis Hafner. And CLE is never a city to "steal" a player with money, infact it happens all the time every time a great is up
1996-ALbert Belle
2000-Manny Ramirez
2002-Jim Thome
(B-Ball)2004-Carlos Boozer

AND IT WAS ALMOST....
Travis Hafner
AND
HANK BLALOCK
AND
MARK F'en TEXIERA!
for
Ryan Drese
and
Einar Diaz
Thank god for you Texas fans he didnt do that! It would have ended up like what Hart did in CLE
Jeff Kent
Brian Giles
Jeromy Burnitz
Richie Sexson
Earned PPL June 26, 2007

futureualpilot

Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:12 pm

I think the San Diego Padres will take the NL West. They look to be the most solid of the NL West teams to me. As I said, the Pads look the most solid out of the teams, if they can get their 3-4-5 hitters to produce, namely Phil Nevin, Ryan Klesko and Brian Giles. With Jake Peavy and Woody Williams as starters, plus Otsuka and Hoffman in the bullpen, I think their staff will be a good one. I project:

San Diego Padres
Los Angeles Dodgers
San Francisco Giants
Colorado Rockies
Arizona Diamondbacks
Life is better when you surf.

trijetfan1
Topic Author

Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:15 pm

What about the braves? Will they do it again this year? some say that the offense is not enough....Mondesi and Jordan,I heard are not doing well. However their pitching is doing alright.
Earned PPL June 26, 2007

tbar220

Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:18 pm

KROC,

Dude, chill out. What's with all the hate man? Why can't he say he's a Braves fan? What makes you the judge on who's a "real" fan or not?

FutureUALPilot,

I would switch the Padres and Dodgers, just because I'm from Los Angeles =). Seriously though, I think it will be between those two teams for the NL West. Without Bonds, the Giants aren't the same team and cant compete at the same level. The Dodgers took hits to their offense but have a solid pitching roster which will have to carry them this year. Padres are a solid team all around, and their improvement last year was noticed. This will be a fun division to watch.
NO URLS in signature

yokohama1970

Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:17 pm

I agree with Logan22L

The Yankees have the best starting pitchers & a solid bullpen! Great & strong line-up all around. All Red Sox fans fear Mariano Rivera.

With the addition of Mike Myers to a very strong Bullpen, the Red Sox starting rotation is relying on healthy & successful recoveries for Curt Schilling & Wade Miller. We shall keep our fingers crossed!

The Blue Jays have adequate starting & relief pitchers. The Blue Jays Infield & Outfield is outstanding!

We all have to keep an eye on the Baltimore Orioles, if they can trade or aquire some better starting & relief pitchers, they will be tough.

Scott Kazmir for the Devil Rays looked amazing this Spring Training! Too bad Lou, the Devil Rays 2005 season will be a very long one.

2005 AL East (same as Logan22L)

Yankees
Red Sox (Wild Card)
Blue Jays
Orioles
Devil Rays (healthy recovery for Rocco Baldelli)

[Edited 2005-04-01 11:22:49]
Thank You Derek! Good Luck with the LA Dodgers