Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

tsully
Topic Author

Please Keep In Your Thoughts/Prayers

Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:27 am

I just found out that one of my good friends was killed, along with her mom, dad and little sister. They were driving from Texas to New Jersey when a semi truck hit their car. My friend would have been entering her 4th and final year at college in the fall.

Please keep the relatives and friends of this family in your thoughts and prayers...especially my friend's fiance who is out of the country at the moment, and unaware of the accident. Thanks.

This has been one heck of a week...London bombings, now this...

tsully
I love America. I guess that makes me Bush's poodle, but I'd rather be a dog in New York City than a prince in Riyadh.

ACDC8

Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:32 am

That's absolutely tragic. I am very saddened to hear this.

regards,
Patrick
A Grumpy German Is A Sauerkraut

aerobalance

Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:43 am

Horrible news, sorry to hear about this.
"Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy..."

L-188

Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:46 am

My condolences for your loss.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

Euclid

Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:48 am

Tsully, very sorry to hear about this.

I sincerely hope that all who are affected by this tragedy will somehow find the strength and courage to get through this.

Regards

Euclid

TedTAce

RE: Please Keep In Your Thoughts/Prayers

Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:54 am

That freaking sucks  

My best wishes..

Tsully if you can post a link to the article (when/if) there is one, I'd appreciate it!!

[Edited 2005-07-09 21:00:37]
This space intentionally left blank

stlgph

Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:57 am

Quoting Tsully (Thread starter):
This has been one heck of a week...London bombings, now this...

how are these related?

did you have friends that were killed there, too?

EDITED: for clarity

[Edited 2005-07-09 20:58:48]
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

TedTAce

Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:03 am

Quoting STLGph (Reply 6):
how are these related?

did you have friends that were killed there, too?

I think he was referring in general.. the sad news about London, then loosing a friend personally. Just because you don't know someone who looses their life doesn't mean you can't be sad for them.

stlgph

Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:18 am

well, i was being sincere in asking if he knew someone hurt, killed, etc. in the London bombings.

if there are links available to news sites for this story, i'd like to read them.

tsully
Topic Author

Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:53 am

Hi,

No, I didn't know anyone injured or killed in London...I was just making a general statement. A lot of momentous events have occurred in my life, or at least it would seem, in the past 7 days...

I'm sure there is an article out there...and when/if I find it, I will add the link here. If you want to do your own research in the mean while....here are the details, sketchy as they are at this point:

The crash occurred in the vicinity between San Antonio and Houston, I believe. I've also heard that it occurred somewhere on their way to New Jersey...but perhaps they were first visiting Houston to see relatives.

In any case, an accident of this magnitude must surely be in print somewhere. The accident occurred sometime on the 8th, as far as I know.

Again, with only one surviving family member, details are sketchy and hard to come by at this point. When I know more, I will post...and please let me know if you come across any news articles...

Thanks for your sentiments, they are much appreciated.

tsully
I love America. I guess that makes me Bush's poodle, but I'd rather be a dog in New York City than a prince in Riyadh.

AR1300

Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:00 pm

Man, this is Terrible.I also lost a very good friend two months ago, and it's really hard.My deepest condolences.Best wishes for you and all the affected by this sad loss.

Mike
You are now free to move about the cabin

FlyingTexan

Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:30 pm

Deepest sympathy.

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 5):
post a link to the article (when/if) there is one

http://www.itemonline.com/articles/2005/07/09/news/local/news1.txt

I think this is the wreck. I used to drive that stretch of IH-45 everyday between work and school in Huntsville.

New Waverly is a sleepy town just south of Huntsville, about 50 miles north of Houston.
"Wouldn't your boss like to fly home nonstop at 4:30 on a Friday afternoon?" -Airline Exec to Congressional Staffer

SFOMEX

Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:10 pm

Tsully:

I'm really sorry. I'll keep them in my prayers.

Best Regards.
The only thing worst than the GOP is the Democratic Party, think about it!

Newark777

Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:18 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm sure it doesn't help it all, but at least they all went out together. Either way, I'll say an extra prayer for you.  Sad

angel   angel   angel   angel 

Harry
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?

AA777

Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:43 pm

That is absolutely terrible. I am so sorry for your loss. My deepest sympathies for your loss. They will be in my thoughts & prayers.

-AA777

vaporlock

Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:30 pm

tsully, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and the family members who must be devastated. I know there is always a reason for everything but in cases like these....it is hard to imagine why???

God Bless the family and friends of the lost ones. Be strong!

Phyllis

TedTAce

Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:50 am

After reading the story I'm heartbroken. The guy in the offending truck ought to be executed...

CORULEZ05

Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:26 am

Truly sad story but you have to keep your chin up high and keep on living. Even after such tragedies occur, life goes on. People experience loss on a daily basis. I just heard of a woman that works for my mom who was pregnant with twins. She gave birth to both and 2 days later the little girl died. There really isn't much I or anyone could really say to make it better in your situation or this women's situation. After all, the future is just a promise that's why we all have to live for today. I will definetly keep you and this family in my prayers and my deepest condelences to all who are affected by this tragic loss.
Fly jetBlue today!!!!!!!

stlgph

Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:00 am

Flying Texan--thanks for the article.

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 16):
The guy in the offending truck ought to be executed...

not to defend the driver, but depending where the saturn is, depending on the model, can be small enough to not be visible in the line of sight for a tractor trailer, especially if the saturn was just too close, or in the wrong position.

of course i myself have been in the left lane clearly in the line of sight for a tractor trailer when one has just suddenly cut into the left lane to give room to a state trooper having someone pulled over, or debris in the road, etc. and i have had to hit the median or hit the brakes and head a safe landing in the ditch.

it's definitely one of those freak accidents, that's for sure. it can only be imagined how the driver of the truck in the other lane feels.

Quoting Tsully (Reply 9):
Again, with only one surviving family member, details are sketchy and hard to come by at this point

who is the surviving family member outside of the fiance? older/younger sibling?

NOTE: please don't take me asking for details or links to articles as trying to exploit or sound insensitive to their deaths. as with most reporters coming out of college, we don't get to do the nice heart warming packages about kids, courage, etc. your first two or three years out on the job is usually about...well, to be blunt, in the business it's known as "body counts" (i.e. fatal accidents, murders, etc.) i am just always curious to see other reports on such stories to see angles, views, how it's done, etc. etc.

Blackbird1331

Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:44 am

Tsully: Do you know which college she was attending? We just lost one of our student athletes a few weeks ago. It was so sad. We pray that your friend and family members who perished are now in the hands of God.
Cameras shoot pictures. Guns shoot people. They have the guns.