Moderators: richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

Braybuddy

RE: Borat Sagdiyev From Kazakhstan

Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:31 pm

Quoting AerospaceFan (Reply 26):
However, why aren't the behaviors of the broad cultural group that resides in the South considered off limits, I wonder?

Not egtirely true AerospceFan, in one scene he's introduced to a black TV presenter. Borat turned to him and said "Hi there, at last I get to meet a real chocolotat face.

itsjustme

Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:42 pm

I had planned on seeing this film this week but it seems more and more incidents are being brought to light outlining how some people who appear in the film were duped into doing so under false pretenses. The first story to break, which has now resulted in a law suit, tells of 2 college kids in SC who were told they were participating in a documentary that would be shown outside the U.S. The latest complaints include a used car salesman and a driving instructor who were both lied to as well.
Yeah, I don't think I'll be rushing out anytime soon to put any more money in the pockets of the film's fine, upstanding makers.

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=2647648&page=1

walter747

Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:58 pm

pamellllllaaaaaaaaa. i was going to make romance explosions all over her stomach.
Hussel, Hussel, Husel, Grind, Grind, Grind

Continental

Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:05 pm

Quoting AerospaceFan (Reply 31):

Yup -- gonna buy a few and immediately trash 'em just so they're off the market.

Worst decision ever. That will only increase demand at the store where you purchase it from resulting in more coming out on the shelves and more money for Borat.

I saw Borat Saturday night. Easily the funniest movie I have ever seen and I will see it again in theaters soon!

DIJKKIJK

Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:16 pm

Quoting Kay (Reply 36):
I saw the movie on November 2nd, and I didn't see it at all as anti-American...

I haven't seen the movie but have looked at a number of clips on google video. It may be perceived anti-American by some. Like when he sings that 'throw the jew down the well' song in that pub in arizona, most of the audience clap and sing with him, and there is also that scene where the republican senator actually says that people who don't worship christ go to hell. These are clearly taking a dig at American people.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

jpetekyxmd80

Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:29 pm

Quoting DIJKKIJK (Reply 54):

I haven't seen the movie but have looked at a number of clips on google video. It may be perceived anti-American by some. Like when he sings that 'throw the jew down the well' song in that pub in arizona, most of the audience clap and sing with him, and there is also that scene where the republican senator actually says that people who don't worship christ go to hell. These are clearly taking a dig at American people.

Those are both from segments on Da Ali G Show, and not the actual movie.
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009