Moderators: richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

AA777-200
Topic Author

Rock Band, Guitar Hero For Xbox360

Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:50 am

Hey all.
Im trying to talk my wife into letting me get a Xbox 360 and I was playing Guitar Hero
the other day at wal mart and loved it. I got booed off the stage in about 5 seconds lol. Does anyone have these games and what do you think about them? I have a question about compatability too. I know you can buy the different Guitar Hero games with out buying the guitar. Is it possible to buy Rock Band and just use that guitar for the Guitar Hero games and not have to buy both guitars? I hope this makes sense! Any help would be appreciated!

Brad

Alias1024

RE: Rock Band, Guitar Hero For Xbox360

Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:59 am

I think Guitar Hero is more addictive than crack.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems with just potatoes.

YYZflyer

Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:35 am

Quoting AA777-200 (Thread starter):
Is it possible to buy Rock Band and just use that guitar for the Guitar Hero games and not have to buy both guitars?

Guitar Hero and Rock Band are made by different companies, so AFAIK, the guitars can't be used interchangeably

I personally find Guitar Hero waaaay more fun than Rock Band. I really don't like the guitar that comes with it. The strummy (sorry don't know the real word  Wink ) thing doesn't click, which bugs me...alot. But you should try out both to see what you like.

Smile
Avoid hangovers, stay drunk.

deltairlines

Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:47 am

Quoting YYZflyer (Reply 2):
Guitar Hero and Rock Band are made by different companies, so AFAIK, the guitars can't be used interchangeably

I use the same guitars for both Rock Band and Guitar Hero for my PS2. No problems whatsoever.

antdenatale

Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:44 am

Quoting Alias1024 (Reply 1):
I think Guitar Hero is more addictive than crack.

I sure agree with you on that one, We bought Guiter Hero 3 for the Wii about 2 weeks ago and it has been played every day since.

Saying that it is a good game and I can't wait for the next release on the Wii

YYZflyer

Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:55 pm

Quoting DeltAirlines (Reply 3):
I use the same guitars for both Rock Band and Guitar Hero for my PS2

I don't have either, but I tried using them at a friend's and we couldn't do it. Probly didn't have the connections right.  boggled  We had trouble setting Rock Band up to begin with. Any difference between PS2 and 360 versions? (we used the 360)
Avoid hangovers, stay drunk.

SlamClick

Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:57 pm

I watched my son and a couple of friends playing it. Sitting behind them the clicking of the buttons on the plastic "guitar" drowned out the percussion of the music. Totally cheesy!
Happiness is not seeing another trite Ste. Maarten photo all week long.

Dougloid

Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:36 pm

Quoting SlamClick (Reply 6):
I watched my son and a couple of friends playing it. Sitting behind them the clicking of the buttons on the plastic "guitar" drowned out the percussion of the music. Totally cheesy!

How about learning how to play the guitar and become a real musician?
If you believe in coincidence, you haven't looked close enough-Joe Leaphorn

SlamClick

Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:45 pm

Quoting Dougloid (Reply 7):

This would sure NOT be the way to do that. All the 'fret' buttons are in a straight line along the neck. Muscle memory would be totally hosed.

Besides what you suggest would require some discipline, some dedication, practice, study. Are you daft?  Smile
Happiness is not seeing another trite Ste. Maarten photo all week long.

AA777-200
Topic Author

Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:23 pm

Cool thanks for all the info! Maybe will just wait till Guitar Hero World Tour comes out then! It sounds like its supposed to be awesome!

Brad

CXfirst

Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:36 pm

I read that the guitars between Rockband and Guitar Hero 3 are interchangeable in all consoles except the PS3 (due to Activision not wanting to share the PS3 technology in their guitar with the producer of Rockband [as well as the producer of Rockband not wanting to pay for it]).

I love GH3, I have it for PS3. Have not tried Rockband, but I'd think that game would be better if you have many people and want to play 'together.' GH3 will be better for 1 or 2 people (many people is fine too) and for more direct competion (as both play guitar).

Then again, it comes to preference, my friend loves the guitar and isn't a fan of drums, bass or singing, and says the GH3 is better than Rockband for the guitar.

-CXfirst

Alias1024

Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:21 pm

I read a story just a couple of weeks ago, which mentioned that guitar stores have seen a rise in business since Guitar Hero became popular. Some kids are taking your advice and learning how to play the real thing.

I've got a Taylor Big Baby acoustic guitar I've been trying to learn for much longer than I've had Guitar Hero. The game is so addictive because it's so much easier to get good at than the real thing.

extspotter

Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:24 pm

Rock Band is a great game, but is a bit wasted if it is just you who are going to play it. RB is much more of a group game, unlike GH3 which is much more single player oriented.
AF BE BY FR MV PD SZ U2 VZ DHC6, 8-3/4Q, 732/8, 763ER, A319, A380

Cadet57

Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:29 pm

Quoting AA777-200 (Thread starter):
Im trying to talk my wife into letting me get a Xbox 360

You need permission to get a video game? Jeeze....  Wink

But Im going to buck the trend here and say that I hate GH and Rockband is so much more fun, its an awesome party game.
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

dan2002

Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:02 am

For the 360 you can use the Guitar Hero 3 wireless controller with Rock Band but not the other way around.
A guy asks 'What's Punk?'. I kick over a trash can and its punk. He knocks over a trash can and its trendy.

Dougloid

Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:19 am

Quoting Alias1024 (Reply 11):

I read a story just a couple of weeks ago, which mentioned that guitar stores have seen a rise in business since Guitar Hero became popular. Some kids are taking your advice and learning how to play the real thing.

Judging by the turnover on craigslist as soon as it starts to look like some work to be another Eddie Van Halen, the cheapie Chinese Squier Strat and cheeseball transistor amp get dumped pretty quick.

I've been playing off and on since my teens, and the cheap guitars that are available today are a lot better than what we had. I've got an old Teisco to remind me how lousy they were.
If you believe in coincidence, you haven't looked close enough-Joe Leaphorn

KL773ER

Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:35 am

I am personally afraid to try this game as I will also get addicted to it. Just like the internet, facebook, etc. But it's awesome from what I read / hear.  yes 

-KL

Alias1024

Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:25 am

Quoting Dougloid (Reply 15):
Judging by the turnover on craigslist as soon as it starts to look like some work to be another Eddie Van Halen, the cheapie Chinese Squier Strat and cheeseball transistor amp get dumped pretty quick.

It wouldn't surprise me if many drop it, but a few will stick with it. How many video games have been able to get any kids interested in music? It's certainly better for kids than Grand Theft Auto.

andrewuber

Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:42 pm

I have Guitar Hero 3 and Rock Band for my PS3, and it's true - they are awesome games and VERY addictive. I have a band online with a fellow a.netter, we are "The Asshats".  Big grin
I'd rather shoot BAD_MOTIVE

acho

Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:20 pm

I have both games for XBOX 360, and I use both the GH3 and the RB guitar to play at the same time. I personally like RB much better because the songs are waaaaaaay better. Great games to play.

planewasted

Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:55 pm

I find GH funny for a few minutes maybe. Playing music for real is much much more fun. You don't have to be good at all to play with a few friends just for fun..