Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

StuckInCA

RE: U.S. Election - McCain/Palin Campaign - Part 7

Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:57 pm

Quoting PSA727 (Reply 348):
Khalidi has some very interesting views on Israel, and if the L.A. Times releases
the video of his farewell dinner attended by Obama AND Bill Ayers (I guess it was the 2nd
time Obama had met with Ayers in his lifetime Yeah sure ) we all could settle this issue.

I don't think anyone denies that he has "interesting" views on Israel.

But weren't Obama and Khalidi both professors (or lecturers) at the University of Chicago at the time of this dinner?

Why does it even matter? The GOP is painting a dangerous picture here that you can't have respectful associations with people who's views you don't completely agree with.

Moreover, do you think they'd be using Khalidi in their campaign the way they are if he were a white man? I don't. I think he's their perfect "scary Muslim."

This is all just diversionary fear mongering on the part of McCain/Palin. Again.

Why don't they spend a little more time talking about themselves and their plans.

Today Palin alluded to the idea that the mainstream media calling these attacks "negative campaigning" is threatening her first amendment rights.

LOL.

DocLightning

Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:06 pm

Quoting StuckInCA (Reply 350):

Today Palin alluded to the idea that the mainstream media calling these attacks "negative campaigning" is threatening her first amendment rights.

Deep breath, CA. Deep breath.

Come Wednesday morning, Diva Palin is going to be back in Juneau with a large plate of crow being served with her reindeer sausage.

santosdumont

Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:06 pm

Quoting RJdxer (Reply 349):
Quoting Santosdumont (Reply 339):
Playing fast and loose as always, RJ.

Yes you are. You are smart enough to know full well the meaning of terrorist yet you choose to play dumb and now have painted yourself into a corner.

I'm afraid that thanks to your myopic definition of terrorist, coupled with underwhelming posturing, you're the one with no wiggle room.

Otherwise they are common criminals?

Yes.

So then the Libyan intelligence agents that blew up Pan Am 103 were just common criminals, as are the drug lords that rule the favelas of Rio de Janeiro through murder and blackmail. You betcha.

Colombian narco-traffickers are pure terrorists, as are the Russian mafia.

They are criminals looking to make money illegally, not overthrow governments. Their first choice is to pay off authorities. The Weathermens first choice was to blow them up.

Those are two different flavors of terrorism. Like I said, play academic word games -- and assume that the drug cartels and the Russian mob try bribery first and shoot later --- at your peril.

So in that regard, Ayers already has a leg up on the G-man.

Never said he didn't.

So why the faux indignation over Ayers?

RJdxer

Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:15 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 351):
Come Wednesday morning, Diva Palin is going to be back in Juneau with a large plate of crow being served with her reindeer sausage.

A week ago, even a couple of days ago I would have agreed. Now, I wouldn't be so quick to count the chickens.

Quoting Santosdumont (Reply 352):
So then the Libyan intelligence agents that blew up Pan Am 103 were just common criminals,

Nope, they were representing the government of Libya. That is not terrorism.

as are the drug lords that rule the favelas of Rio de Janeiro through murder and blackmail. You betcha.

Thanks for answering your own question.

No false indignation. Again, if you are trying to lump G. Gordon Liddy in with William Ayers your sense of proportion is completely out of whack and I have to conclude intentionally to try and make some sort of insane point.

santosdumont

Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:24 pm

Quoting RJdxer (Reply 353):
So then the Libyan intelligence agents that blew up Pan Am 103 were just common criminals,

Tell that to the victims' relatives.

as are the drug lords that rule the favelas of Rio de Janeiro through murder and blackmail. You betcha.

Thanks for answering your own question.

Irony.

No false indignation. Again, if you are trying to lump G. Gordon Liddy in with William Ayers your sense of proportion is completely out of whack and I have to conclude intentionally to try and make some sort of insane point.

The only point I'm making is that if the Right is going to simulate going ape-shit over Ayers, then it needs to man up and answer the difficult questions about McCain's association with the G-man. Nothing insane about that.

While were at it, who actually did jail time?

AirCop

Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:21 pm

laughing   laughing  You're kidding. For decades, the Libyan regime of Colonel Muammar Qadhafi maintained a well documented history of extensive state sponsorship of terrorism.

Quoting StuckInCA (Reply 346):
Respectable people are calling the McCain camp out for this character assassination.

Hasn't this been his entire campaign for the last couple of weeks. Guess on November 4th we will see if it works. (I'm sure it will work with the white low informational voters in the south and hillbilly country).

That's a good one..If history is any guide, should the McCain/Palin ticket comes up short on Tuesday, we shouldn't hear of her again until she loses re-election in 2010. Right off the top of my head, I can't think of any losing Veep candidate that took control of a political party after a defeat.

AirCop

Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:46 pm

Quoting StuckInCA (Reply 350):

Interesting comments from the Salon's Glenn Greenwald:
This isn't only about profound ignorance regarding our basic liberties, though it is obviously that. Palin here is also giving voice here to the standard right-wing grievance instinct: that it's inherently unfair when they're criticized. And now, apparently, it's even unconstitutional.

OA260

Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:41 pm

Heres hoping. I have to admit I dont really pray but I will be praying in 4 days time. Hopefully we will never see her again.. It is encouraging to see her and her boss get weaker as everyday goes by.

NAV20

Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:22 pm

Quoting Oa260 (Reply 357):
It is encouraging to see her and her boss get weaker as everyday goes by.

That's my reading of the situation, Oa260. More desperate every day, anyway. One gimmick and scare tactic after another. And not a word about how, in practical terms, they'd set about mending the economy.

As an outsider, I'd say that my feeling is that, by comparison, the Obama people have run a masterly campaign. Obama in particular has just 'stayed on message' and kept his cool.

I get the feeling that only the 'Bradley/Wilder Effect' can possibly save McCain.

Superfly

Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:29 pm

Quoting NAV20 (Reply 358):
I get the feeling that only the 'Bradley/Wilder Effect' can possibly save McCain.

or another video tape by Bin Laden or capture of Bin Laden.
Usually those last minute tactics are done on the Thursday or Friday before the election. That way it would be in the news headlines and dominate the news over the weekend to distract from the campaigns.

Taking the 'Bradley/Wilder Effect' in to consideration wouldn't help McCain that much. Even if you take away all the states that Obama leads by less than 5 points and add those to the McCain column, Obama is still over the 270 electoral vote threshold.

AirportSeven

Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:45 pm

Palin: "If you criticize me, you are violating my first amendment rights."

Governor Palin has quite a refreshing take on how the first amendment works, doesn't she?

luv2fly

Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:38 am

Quoting AirportSeven (Reply 360):
Palin: "If you criticize me, you are violating my first amendment rights."

Governor Palin has quite a refreshing take on how the first amendment works, doesn't she?

OMG can she really be this dumb! It is both funny to read her take and then sad to see she believes what she is saying. Was she dropped on her head as a child.

RJdxer

Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:46 am

Quoting Santosdumont (Reply 354):
Tell that to the victims' relatives.

You mean the ones that recieved a pretty hefty payment from from the Libyan government?

Quoting Santosdumont (Reply 354):
The only point I'm making is that if the Right is going to simulate going ape-shit over Ayers, then it needs to man up and answer the difficult questions about McCain's association with the G-man. Nothing insane about that.

Again, if you are comparing to what William Ayers and the Weathermen were doing compared to G. Gordon Liddy then as with Luv2Fly, don't hurt yourself stretching. Ayers help kill someone as well as advocated the violent overthrow of the United States government. G. Gordon Liddy led a wire tap, bugging, and file rifling team against one office of the democratic national party.

Quoting AirCop (Reply 355):
For decades, the Libyan regime of Colonel Muammar Qadhafi maintained a well documented history of extensive state sponsorship of terrorism.

You mean the government that in 2003 submitted a letter to the UN acknowledging the actions of the Libyan government? Not a funded sub group but actual members of its government?

I find pretty amazing the lengths that the left will go in trying to redefine a word or to rewrite history in the name of protecting a candidate. Honestly, G. Gordon Liddy is on the same level as William Ayers?  rotfl   rotfl   rotfl  That's rich. The Libyan government didn't commit the Lockerbee bombing in retaliation for the United States bombing of Libya?  rotfl   rotfl   rotfl  When they've admitted it? That's a good one.

I can't think of any losing Veep candidate that took control of a political party after a defeat.

Ever hear of Richard Nixon?

luv2fly

Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:56 am

Quoting RJdxer (Reply 362):
I can't think of any losing Veep candidate that took control of a political party after a defeat.

WOW something I agree with, yes Palin is in the same catagory as Nixon.

StuckInCA

Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:58 am

Yeah. Another gem.

AirCop

Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:14 am

Hum, I don't recall Nixon running in 1964.. Real the entire sentence which I posted below to remind you.

Quite frankly based on all your posts regarding this election, I can't help to come to the conclusion that you won't be happy until the United States has a authoritarian conservative government.

if you are comparing to what William Ayers

Perhaps John Cleese had it right, why isn't anyone claiming that McCain is a communist. After all he accepted free room and board, and he associated with nothing but communists for 5 1/2 years...did propaganda for them  smirk 

RJdxer

Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:31 am

Quoting AirCop (Reply 365):

Hum, I don't recall Nixon running in 1964.. Real the entire sentence which I posted below to remind you.

You can't think of any losing Veep candidate that took control of a political party after a defeat. Since you don't clarify immediately or give any other frame of reference using time my answer is completely correct. Richard Nixon was the VP from 1952 to 1960. He lost the Presidential race in 1960 and then won it in 1968 thus becoming the titular head of the Republican party. As usual if you want to change the rules after you put the question out there fine, but that does not disqualify my answer to the original question.

I can't help to come to the conclusion that you won't be happy until the United States has a authoritarian conservative government.

Then as usual your conclusion would be wrong since the last thing I want to see is a authoritarian government of either party.

AirCop

Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:50 am

Quoting RJdxer (Reply 366):
Since you don't clarify immediately or give any other frame of reference using time my answer is completely correct.

spin   spin   spin   spin   spin  Perhaps you should have read the entire original statement before making a reply.

He lost the Presidential race in 1960 and then won it in 1968 thus becoming the titular head of the Republican party.

Nelson Rockefeller due to Nixon defeat in 1960 became the "head" of the Republican party until he lost the 1964 nomination to Barry Goldwater.

I want to see is a authoritarian government

Yep that about it in a nutshell.  praise   praise  **see the other tread regarding personal traits towards authoritarian rule**

DocLightning

Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:12 am

Quoting Luv2fly (Reply 363):

Woah woah woah.

Palin is not NEARLY as smart as Nixon was. He is WAY out of her league.

Nixon was a malevolent man, but intelligent.

I believe that Sarah Palin is a well-meaning idiot. Misguided, yes, as idiots tend to be, but well-meaning.

Now, which is more dangerous, a malevolent genius or a well-meaning idiot?

luv2fly

Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:27 am

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 368):
Quoting Luv2fly (Reply 363):

Woah woah woah.

Palin is not NEARLY as smart as Nixon was. He is WAY out of her league.

Nixon was a malevolent man, but intelligent.

I believe that Sarah Palin is a well-meaning idiot. Misguided, yes, as idiots tend to be, but well-meaning.

Now, which is more dangerous, a malevolent genius or a well-meaning idiot?

Your right Nixon did bring something to the table unlike Palin. Sorry for insulting Nixon for mentioning him in the same sentance as Palin.

Aaron747

Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:36 am

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 345):
The fact that Obama seems to know so many a$$holes and does not seem to have the instinct to stay clear indicates a lack of judgement and moral fiber. Does he have a concience?

Anyway, no better than Charlie Black, as previously quoted. Equally bad is the fact that McCain pals around with people who allow foreign lobbying money to influence US policy at the demerit of our security and interests. Such people should be excommunicated from Washington, PERIOD. The fact that they are given a prominent policy advisory role in a major campaign is a severe error in judgment, even for a person of McCain's moral fiber.

DocLightning

Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:39 am

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 370):
McCain's moral fiber.

You are aware the man dropped the C-bomb on his wife in public, right?

RJdxer

Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:54 am

Quoting AirCop (Reply 367):
Nelson Rockefeller due to Nixon defeat in 1960 became the "head" of the Republican party until he lost the 1964 nomination to Barry Goldwater.

Perhaps it is you that need to work on comprehension.

He lost the Presidential race in 1960 and then won it in 1968 thus becoming the titular head of the Republican party.

That means after he won it in 1968 he became the titular head of the Republican party. Not before.

Yep that about it in a nutshell.

Nice job of editing. Lets look at the whole sentence.

Then as usual your conclusion would be wrong since the last thing I want to see is a authoritarian government of either party.

As usual, take what works for you and twist it to fit.

Aaron747

Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:56 am

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 371):
You are aware the man dropped the C-bomb on his wife in public, right?

Maybe he had good reason to. Women are more than capable of behaving in a manner that would induce such language from their man. Never used the word for my wife, but certainly have for a couple of ex-girlfriends after less than sterling actions on their part. It happens man.

StuckInCA

Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:10 am

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 373):
It happens man.

Whoa. All of the women in my life would consider that word WAY over the line. In private. No matter the circumstance.

Maybe their more forgiving where you live  Wink

Not that that's why I won't be voting for McCain.

Aaron747

Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:43 am

Quoting StuckInCA (Reply 374):
Whoa. All of the women in my life would consider that word WAY over the line. In private. No matter the circumstance.

I bet you'd use it if they went way over the line and gave sordid personal details about you to your mother and grandmother as payback for breakup!

BN747

Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:59 am

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 368):

I find it interesting that the 'well-meaning idiot.' thinks no one has noticed that she 'forgot' to release her Medical Records' as she promised this week. It now is left up to anyone to guess why. Me, for the more prominent contestants (of office) to have done so..even McCains (which must be thicker than 3 King James Bibles)... means that she couldn't cajole enough Alaska medical officials to sign-off on a fake paper trail - leading up to a fake birth certificate for 'that 5th child'.

She just couldn't arm twist, promise, threaten enough to get that last annoying item 'switched up' to be put to bed. Thus the records can't be released. It's not your kid, Palin.

It's okay, Sarah, now we know why you stalled and stalled until the election was over...some of us knew you were a fraud from the moment you weren't vetted. Your inaction on this seeming small matter has confirmed that you certainly hoodwinked and BS a lot of Americans..but not just quite enough. The local AK pols are now awaiting their turn..it's gonna be one WARM WINTER in Alaska....let the games begin.

The Palins - easy to BS Alaskans, but out of their league in the lower 48. Don't come back...hear?

BN747

FruteBrute

Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:06 am

I find it amusing that the various uber-Republicons on this board keep carrying the water for the failed conservative policies that are about to be drubbed out of office. The sad thing is they can't acknowledge that the Republicans had full control of all levers of govt and screwed it up royally, and now the American electorate is throwing them out. Guess what guys? Republicans had their chance to rule for a very long time and blew it. The fault is no one else's but their own. Accept the responsibility that goes with doing a bad job and getting fired.

Now, will the Democrats follow their example? Only time will tell. Democrats will now control all levers of govt after the election. Instead of carrying water for failed policies I suggest you go out back to the woodshed with the rest of the dejected Republicans and decide what your party stands for and work on raising your party from the dead. Again, you only have yourselves to blame for your arrogant, reckless, ignorant governing that failed America.

This election will be won by a man that was a positive, bright light for America. Reagan knew that was a winning formula. Republicans played the fear card and hate card one too many times and are now being drawn and quartered for their behavior, and rightly so.

R.I.P. neo-con right wing, bible beaters of the Republican party of 1994 - 2008. What will the Republican party stand for after this election? I suggest you get busy rebuilding your party and quit spewing your hate and lies or you will be out of power for a generation.

RJdxer

Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:22 am

Quoting FruteBrute (Reply 377):
The sad thing is they can't acknowledge that the Republicans had full control of all levers of govt and

Exactly when did this occur? Full control would mean a 60 seat majority in the Senate and all 9 seats on the SC.

This election will be won by a man that was a positive, bright light for America.

You know, just for the fun of it I'm going to set this quote aside in a file so if for some reason, and it might yet happen, Sen. McCain is able to pull out a win, I can have a good laugh.

Quoting BN747 (Reply 376):
leading up to a fake birth certificate for 'that 5th child'.

Does that run in the same circle as Sen. Obama's birth certificate? You know, totally unsubstantiated rumor?

FruteBrute

Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:35 am

Quoting RJdxer (Reply 378):
You know, just for the fun of it I'm going to set this quote aside in a file so if for some reason, and it might yet happen, Sen. McCain is able to pull out a win, I can have a good laugh.

And Jesus might come back before Tuesday too.

Needless to say, get used to the idea otherwise it'll be a long 4 years for you. The better man and better ideas carry the day.

Hey maybe by 2012 Palin will be ready for prime time. LOL

Aaron747

Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:53 am

Republicans had their chance to rule for a very long time and blew it. The fault is no one else's but their own. Accept the responsibility that goes with doing a bad job and getting fired.

Very true. As posted in the commentary thread, I fully agree with this synopsis by two Reagan disciples on POLITICO today:

From steel tariffs to prescription drug benefits, to the massive expansion of the police powers of the national government, to bloated transportation and energy bills, to federal mandates to the states on education, to nation-building, Reaganism was not only thrown under a bus by this administration, it also repeatedly ran back and forth over it.

This future debate inside the GOP simply boils down to “Bushism” vs. “Reaganism.” Some have said, “Get over Reagan,” but in fact, that would be like saying get over Thomas Jefferson, for since his and Alexander Hamilton’s time, we have had a national debate over the role of government in our daily lives. Now that argument will be more difficult because Bush, Rove, Tom DeLay, Denny Hastert and others made the GOP into the second Big Government party in America, blurring the distinction between the two.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1008/15140.html

Couldn't be more correct. The most important point in this piece is that many have misidentified Bush policies as being conservative, when his administration has trashed everything traditional conservatism means. But independents have to be careful because Obama's plans only call for more of the same big government Bush has brought us - indeed, grave mistakes by an Obama administration will be what's necessary to right the GOP's ship and throw this greedmongering and faith-based initiative nonsense back into the garbage where it belongs.

As much as McCain is saying this election isn't about Bush, it is - and the fact that he hasn't actually ostensibly opposed the administration as much as his campaign would like us to believe is not working in his favor at all.

BN747

Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:25 am

Quoting RJdxer (Reply 378):
Quoting BN747 (Reply 376):
leading up to a fake birth certificate for 'that 5th child'.

Does that run in the same circle as Sen. Obama's birth certificate? You know, totally unsubstantiated rumor?

You've seen Obama's birth Certificate in this very thread, but you're they type that coulda been there when he was born in Hawaii and you'd still deny it had happened.

..no go did up Palin's certificate for that kid she says is hers...

Get ready to enjoy the Age of 'O'..you righties totally deserve this.

BN747

OA260

Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:25 am

Quoting NAV20 (Reply 358):
That's my reading of the situation, Oa260. More desperate every day, anyway. One gimmick and scare tactic after another. And not a word about how, in practical terms, they'd set about mending the economy.

Yes especially the recent ad where that annoying actress is saying '' Obama says that a child is a punishment''....Please, they are so clutching at straws.

DocLightning

Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:59 am

Quoting OA260 (Reply 382):

Yes especially the recent ad where that annoying actress is saying '' Obama says that a child is a punishment'

Why doesn't Obama slap a slander suit on that?

RJdxer

Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:40 pm

So lets see, if you're keeping score so far in this thread I am...

Quoting StuckInCA (Reply 169):
I get the feeling that you think the government should be about 8 people in a tuff-shed who do nothing other than fund the military.

Quite frankly based on all your posts regarding this election, I can't help to come to the conclusion that you won't be happy until the United States has a authoritarian conservative government.

Which don't quite square with one another but what the heck. Since neither of you really know me, I expect nothing less. The people who have met me probably did get a good chuckle though.

Quoting BN747 (Reply 381):
You've seen Obama's birth Certificate in this very thread,

What you've seen is a copy provided by the campaign, th real one is under seal out in Hawaii by order of the Governor. Let the rumor mill grind on.

NAV20

Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:13 pm

Please, they are so clutching at straws.

That's what I genuinely love about the United States, though, OA260. Big as the place is, communication is instant. A 'straw' can grow into a full-blown haystack, across the whole marvellous continent, in just a few hours.

Once had the privilege of getting (while having a quiet dinner with a friend in a nice restuarant near Union Station in DC) advance notice of an Op-Ed piece that would be published the next day. It was the famous article that blew the whistle on the Lewinsky thing - the guy who said how much he admired Hillary, because she was probably "...the only woman in Washington whose name has not been romantically-linked with the President......"

She swore me to secrecy and I promised to do so, and kept my promise. Didn't matter though - my first meeting was at 9.00 and we didn't talk any business until about 10.00. Everyone was too busy laughing and swapping stories.............

I don't have a lot of respect for any of the four candidates. None of them is a potential Lincoln. But I have more respect for Obama/Biden than I do for McCain/Palin. Simply because they have shown themselves to be experts (or, at the least, competent) at avoiding mistakes. While their opponents have walked into half-a-dozen of them, at regular intervals.

Don't know about the TV news in the USA. But sure as hell, just as I expected, McCain saying, "Stand up, Joe.......where are you, Joe?.....", led our evening news item on the US elections tonight.......

[Edited 2008-11-01 06:15:03]

baroque

Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:27 pm

Please, they are so clutching at straws.

Are we nearly there yet?

FruteBrute

Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:24 pm

Quoting NAV20 (Reply 385):
None of them is a potential Lincoln.

Lincoln was never a "Lincoln" either. As the years pass more myths and legends become fact for America's "heros". That is until you really dig into the facts.

ltbewr

Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:35 pm

As to the issues of Palin having to put out her medical records and Obama's official Birth Certificate from the State of Hawaii, ask yourself this: would you personally want such information made public?
An official, raised letter seal original or copy reissue of one's birth certificate is one of the most important documents for identiy from attending schools, to getting a drivers' license to a passport. As such there are strict laws on who can get copies and any disclosures from the issuing agency. I am quite sure Obama has had to show his personal, raised letter seal official original birth certificate to a number of agencies and none of them had any problems.
As to the medical, would you want such very personal info from operations, to mental health issues, to maybe having a STD out their on the internet? I doubt it, especially if it could affect your continued employment and ability to get health insurance.

AirportSeven

Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:58 pm

Quoting RJdxer (Reply 384):
What you've seen is a copy provided by the campaign, the real one is under seal out in Hawaii by order of the Governor. Let the rumor mill grind on.

When your candidate has no domestic policy, and his foreign policy is made up of threats, I guess it's hard to find something to run on besides lies and rumors.

"State officials say there’s no doubt Barack Obama was born in Hawaii.

Health Department Director Dr. Chiyome Fukino says she and the registrar of vital statistics, Alvin Onaka, have personally verified that the health department holds Obama’s original birth certificate.

Fukino says that no state official, including Gov. Linda Lingle, ever instructed that Obama’s certificate be handled differently from any other.

She says state law bars release of a certified birth certificate to anyone who does not have a tangible interest in it."

Of course, if everyone is in the tank for Obama, this could be a lie generated by the liberal media and the registrar of vital statistics for the state of Hawaii could be lying and the director of the state health department for Hawaii could also be lying. It could be a grand conspiracy to put a socialist in the White House. Sleep tight.

When did the GOP become a party of whiners? Oh yeah, right after the 2006 mid-term elections.

NAV20

Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:33 pm

Quoting FruteBrute (Reply 387):
Lincoln was never a "Lincoln" either.

Lincoln was just Lincoln, Frutebrute. To my mind, he was the greatest president so far - because he dealt with the biggest problem the United States has so far faced. At cost of his life.

But you're welcome to nominate your own candidate for 'greatest president,' and I'll respect your choice.

After all, 'it's a free country,' as they say.....  Smile

[Edited 2008-11-01 08:44:27]

FruteBrute

Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:16 pm

My point NAV20 was to show that while each President has presided there was bitter partisanship and many who were opposed to them. In addition, so much myth gets plied upon these "heros" that is really undeserved, and their flaws as humans completely erased.

Or as Lincoln himself wrote, "My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and it is not either to save or destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave, I would do it.."

If you study Lincoln slavery was a side issue, not "the" issue. Only thru rose colored glasses and the luxury of time can one look back and lament the "greatness" of Presidents of yore. In a hundred and fifty years George W. Bush might be the new Lincoln of the 22nd century.

RJdxer

Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:30 pm

Quoting AirportSeven (Reply 389):
Health Department Director Dr. Chiyome Fukino says she and the registrar of vital statistics, Alvin Onaka, have personally verified that the health department holds Obama’s original birth certificate.

Probably much the same as the Secretary of State of Ohio says that there are no fradulent registrations so she doesn't feel the need to look into them even though it's been proved different in at least one case.

She says state law bars release of a certified birth certificate to anyone who does not have a tangible interest in it."

Which begs the question, why doesn't the Obama campaign just end the speculation and release the original? He was in Hawaii just this past week. Speculation would end at th moment.

When did the GOP become a party of whiners? Oh yeah, right after the 2006 mid-term elections.

Should I start counting the number of posts where members have asked for various records from Gov. Palin to be released and have whined to high heaven about them not being? Wonder which side would have the most? Considering Luv2Fly is on a mission of volume posting and BN747 tosses up a whine with just about every post......

You think it's limited to one side but if you open your eyes and start looking back through the posts it's both sides. You want hatered and vitriol? Tune into Oberfurher. He'll out do Limbaugh on that score just about any weekday of the week. Then of course there is Bill Maher, he makes anyone on the right save that idiot Savage look absolutely tame. So no, the right does not have any sort of lock on whiners, on this forum or anywhere else.

luv2fly

Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:34 pm

Quoting RJdxer (Reply 392):
Considering Luv2Fly is on a mission of volume posting and BN747 tosses up a whine with just about every post......

Once again you might want to check your fact, per the weekly stats

Most Active Users Posts last 7 days
DocLightning 149
RJdxer 94
Superfly 85
ME AVN FAN 81
B747forever 75
WunalaYann 64
StasisLAX 45
AirCop 45
Dreadnought 44
Luv2fly 42
AGM100 41
Oa260 41
EZEIZA 41
StuckInCA 36
Aaron747 32
MadameConcorde 32
LAXintl 32
Dougloid 27
BlueElephant 27
StealthZ 27

You are double my posts. If this was an election you would have won.

mbmbos

Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:49 pm

Which begs the question, why doesn't the Obama campaign just end the speculation and release the original? He was in Hawaii just this past week. Speculation would end at th moment.

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/born_in_the_usa.html

Once again, this birth certificate thing is just plain nutty.

But then again, you may be right. Obama may be Angela Davis' and Vince Foster's love child! That's why Hilary and Bill had Vince killed. And, of course, Hilary celebrated the hit by having lesbian sex in front of a portrait of Eleanor Roosevelt.

AirCop

Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:55 pm

Quoting Luv2fly (Reply 393):

Once again you might want to check your fact, per the weekly stats

Never confuse RJ with the facts..
 banghead 

Probably much the same as the Secretary of State of Ohio says that there are no fradulent registrations so she doesn't feel the need to look into them even though it's been proved different in at least one case.

Let’s stamp out Voter Fraud in Texas - written by the Texas AG Greg Abbott in 2006
Of course, voter fraud is no newcomer to the Lone Star State. Six decades ago, the votes "found" in Jim Wells County's infamous Ballot Box 13 helped squeak Lyndon Johnson into the U.S. Senate.
http://www.oag.state.tx.us/alerts/alerts_view.php?id=128&type=3

OA260

Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:09 pm

Quoting NAV20 (Reply 385):
McCain saying, "Stand up, Joe.......where are you, Joe?.....", led our evening news item on the US elections tonight.......

Haha that gave us all a laugh over here. He is starting to make ''Bushism's'' already. Maybe we should call them ''McCainism's''. Joes gone AWOL.

The longer the debate goes on the weaker McCain seems and infact as much as I hate her Palin is actually more confident and a leader than McCain is.

There was an interesting article in the newspapers here today and it suggested that the current administration will try to spend as much of the $750 bn package before Obama gets in so that they can give it to their chosen people ''AKA friends''.

DocLightning

Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:36 pm

Quoting FruteBrute (Reply 391):
In a hundred and fifty years George W. Bush might be the new Lincoln of the 22nd century.

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 

Quoting MBMBOS (Reply 394):

But then again, you may be right. Obama may be Angela Davis' and Vince Foster's love child! That's why Hilary and Bill had Vince killed. And, of course, Hilary celebrated the hit by having lesbian sex in front of a portrait of Eleanor Roosevelt.

1) I swear if you ever bring up the idea that Hillary might possibly have ever had sex, has sex, or will ever have sex, I will cut off your gonads and present them to you in a jar of preservative with a pink ribbon tied around it. Clear?

2) You forgot about the aliens.

mbmbos

Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:47 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 397):
2) You forgot about the aliens.

You realize that where aliens are involved, the anal probe is not far behind (pardon the pun). I'm not saying anything, but if Hilary was visited by the aliens...

...now, where did my gonads go?

mdsh00

Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:51 pm

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...nowhere-to-be-seen-at-palin-rally/

Interesting how much Sarah Palin has made this campaign into her own.

Quote:
on closer inspection, the GOP nominee’s name was literally nowhere to be found on any of the official campaign signage distributed to supporters at the event.