einsteinboricua
Topic Author

Mbti Personalities Here?

Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:12 pm

If you don't know what MBTI is, it stands for Myers-Briggs Type Indicator. Everyone is classified into one of 16 categories based on the following criteria:

1. Are you an Extrovert or Introvert?
2. When you acquire information do you Sense or use your iNtuition?
3. When processing that information to make a decision, do you Think it through or do you base it on how you Feel?
4. When relating to the outside world, do you prefer using your Judging functions (feel, think) or your Perceived functions (intuition, sensing)?

I ended up being ISTJ, which according to the MBTI website, is a person that is

Quote:
Quiet, serious, earn success by thoroughness and dependability. Practical, matter-of-fact, realistic, and responsible. Decide logically what should be done and work toward it steadily, regardless of distractions. Take pleasure in making everything orderly and organized - their work, their home, their life. Value traditions and loyalty.

I think it describes me perfectly. When I took the test, the I, T, and J were strong factors (meaning I didn't show anything from the opposing side); the S was moderately strong (some factors from the N were present).

In a course I took last semester, the studies show that XXTJs are "natural born" leaders. With the exception of 2 classmates, everyone else was an XXTJ.

For those who have taken the official test, which is your type indicator and do you think it matches you?
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

bunumuring

RE: Mbti Personalities Here?

Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:38 pm

I absolutely despised this kind of thing at university, but had to spend years studying it. The irony is, I deal with such labels on a daily basis now, and have developed a good working knowledge of it all.
I don't know what MBTI label I can apply to myself, but I think I will research the specific labels and apply the indicators to me... I have always resisted labeling myself, lol.
Watch this space!
Cheers,
Bunumuring.
I just wanna live while I'm alive!

einsteinboricua
Topic Author

Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:54 pm

Quoting bunumuring (Reply 1):
I absolutely despised this kind of thing at university, but had to spend years studying it.

Hahaha I've been dealing with it since my classes deal with how to work with teams. One of the main things is knowing the personality traits of people.

I don't know what MBTI label I can apply to myself,

There are a couple of tests out there on the internet, though nothing is official. If it were for that I'd be an ESTJ or INTJ. The TJ part is definitely dominant, but had my doubts with E/I and S/N. Nonetheless, it CAN give you a certain indication of where you stand.

bunumuring

Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:57 pm

I've already started diagnosing myself...
And others... Lol.
Cheers.

VapourTrails

Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:57 am

I saw a book on this years ago, and really got into it. Maybe is was a self-discovery, who am I thing..

Anyway, it always comes out as ISTJ. I did the career test once and the E and the I came out equal, which was different!

It is said that as you get into your forties you develop your lesser sides more, for me it would be the N aspect. This is not a bad thing too as I can be so literal.

I see the type as dominant factors (only), but we are all each of them in varying degrees.

Yes, I think it matches me quite well.

=

[Edited 2015-01-17 17:06:35]

DocLightning

Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:17 am

The one I just took says ENTJ

But my T is only 1%.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

cjg225

Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:21 am

ISTJ through and through. I've taken these many times and always get that. I believe that, statistically, that is the smallest group.
Restoring Penn State's transportation heritage...

AR385

Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:26 am

I absolutely despised this kind of thing at university, but had to spend years studying it.

Same here. I hate it. But we had to get deep into it in Grad school. I was then typed as an INTJ. I don´t remember what it means though.

bunumuring

Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:02 am

Well I tried to diagnose myself... And got a headache trying to decide! Seriously! I will ponder and try again tomorrow.
But I did keep on thinking about others and diagnosing them as I went along...
Cheers,
Bunumuring.

VapourTrails

Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:20 am

Quoting cjg225 (Reply 6):

I thought ISTJ and the SJ were the more common group? NP are less common? I guess it depends on what resources you read, and I can't remember which ones these were, it was a while ago.

yfbflyer

Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:15 pm

I did mine about 20y ago if I remember properly at the time I was INTP which makes up about 3% of the population. I was also very near the end of the bell curve on the T
The rarest type is INFJ which only covers slightly more than 1% of the population.

Dreadnought

Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:58 am

I was tested some 20+ years ago during a management course. I am INTP.

According to their web site, INTP is : Seek to develop logical explanations for everything that interests them. Theoretical and abstract, interested more in ideas than in social interaction. Quiet, contained, flexible, and adaptable. Have unusual ability to focus in depth to solve problems in their area of interest. Skeptical, sometimes critical, always analytical.

I always thought they nailed me pretty well.
Democrats haven't been this angry since we took away their slaves.

Alias1024

Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:22 am

INTJ

It generally describes me well. Introversion is the weakest of the four, with Thinking being the strongest.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems with just potatoes.

Dreadnought

Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:33 pm

Quoting bunumuring (Reply 8):
Well I tried to diagnose myself... And got a headache trying to decide! Seriously! I will ponder and try again tomorrow.

Trust me, you can't do it yourself. The process is always a big surprise at the end. There is always a big difference between how you think you interact with others and how others perceive you.
Democrats haven't been this angry since we took away their slaves.

casinterest

Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:08 pm

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 11):
was tested some 20+ years ago during a management course. I am INTP.

It might be interesting to see it now.

I started as an INTP, and now I am more of an ENTP.
Where ever you go, there you are.

flyingturtle

Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:10 pm

INTJ or INTP, as far as I can remember the test I once did.

David
Reading accident reports is what calms me down

yowza

Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:31 pm

I last did this about 2 or 3 years ago at as part of my MBA program. I wound up as ENTP. The E was quite weak though. The T however was rock solid. Zero F in me apparently.

YOWza

einsteinboricua
Topic Author

Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:04 pm

Quoting casinterest (Reply 14):
Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 11):
was tested some 20+ years ago during a management course. I am INTP.

It might be interesting to see it now.

The premise of that is that as you age the dominant aspects may start ceding to the passive ones (or vice versa). Also, you may have answered the questions under a different scenario. I might be a shy person and hence why I tested with an I. However if I do develop more social skills and am more outgoing I might score an E.

casinterest

Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:31 pm

Quoting einsteinboricua (Reply 17):
The premise of that is that as you age the dominant aspects may start ceding to the passive ones (or vice versa). Also, you may have answered the questions under a different scenario. I might be a shy person and hence why I tested with an I. However if I do develop more social skills and am more outgoing I might score an E.

Correct,
My job responsibilities have also demanded more of an E personality . I was borderline I on the first go round, but over 20 years later, I am now firmly in the E camp.
Where ever you go, there you are.

texan

Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:27 am

INTJ. Strong introversion and thinking, moderate intuition and judging.

Texan
"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library."