Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:42 am

Article in English.....      

http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.693528

SOBHI51
Topic Author

RE: Hebrew Translation

Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:39 am

Quoting TheCommodore (Reply 1):

That was the same article in Arabic but just wanted to make sure, there are extremists in every religion it seems.

777way

Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:44 pm

Disagree with yahoo's comments, its both secular and orthodox Iraelis that are a threat, infact comparatively the orthodox seem almost docile regarding Palestine, its mostly secular israel that is shown full of vile dislike of Arabs.

solarflyer22

Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:33 pm

You know I was quite shocked by this behavior. I don't consider myself naive on the middle east's issues but seeing a Jewish wedding party dancing with a Gun was not something I ever expected. I spoke about this with a friend and we had a long conversation about it but we all came to the same conclusion.

Israel is becoming a nation state for religious extremists. Its like Syria in a way. Its unstable and kind of self radicalizing. The only people who would want to stay there are extremist Jews or extremist Muslims.

And virtually no media coverage of the 120 stabbings and vehicular homicides in the US. Since Oct, there have been more than 1 per day on average. Its clear there is some kind of insurgency going and at the point civilians are willing to stab and drive into each other, you are in big trouble. No way to stop it and you have a pseudo failed state imo.

MD11Engineer

Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:08 pm

Actually there are quite a few moderate Israelis moving to Germany. A few months ago I received a phone call from Israel from a Jewish woman I used to know many years ago. She and her adult daughter have moved to Israel due to some divorce and child custody related family matters of the daughter, but she told me that she would prefer if she could live in Germany again.

On the other hand the Haaretz article has a lot of very critical comments by Israelis, blaming the Netanyahu government for the radicalisation.

Jan

TheCommodore

Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:26 pm

Quoting solarflyer22 (Reply 4):
Israel is becoming a nation state for religious extremists.

Was always going to happen.

Another susses story from the ME.

Its clear there is some kind of insurgency going and at the point civilians are willing to stab and drive into each other, you are in big trouble.

Again... you reap what you sow.

If you are going to continually repress a people, like Israel is doing through stealth, and sanctioned by the west, expect to see them (the Palestinians) to fight back anyway that can.

Quoting MD11Engineer (Reply 5):
blaming the Netanyahu government for the radicalisation.

The maniac should be tried for war crimes and genocide.

Alfons

Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:57 pm

An Israel thread for Christmas as self-gifting? Don't forget new-year, it's soon.  

solarflyer22

Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:52 pm

Quoting MD11Engineer (Reply 5):

Actually there are quite a few moderate Israelis moving to Germany

I mean if I had to choose between the EU and Israel it would just be total no brainer. Even if you set aside the politics and violence of Israel its just no comparison. You'd have to be deeply religious and possibly extremeist to want to stay.

DocLightning

Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:15 pm

You know I was quite shocked by this behavior

You were? I wasn't.

jfk69

Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:52 pm

Extremists on both sides is a major issue, but the real difference is 95% of the extremists on the Israeli side will not act on it and turn to violence. The 95% on the Palestinian side will turn to violence. Now the fact that the Israelis do have any sort of violent extremists is just wrong and must be stopped.

DocLightning

Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:26 am

Quoting jfk69 (Reply 10):

Extremists on both sides is a major issue, but the real difference is 95% of the extremists on the Israeli side will not act on it and turn to violence.

No, they have a government to do it for them, which they will support.