Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Knightsofmalta
Topic Author

Air Europa Business Class Extravaganza: From Zürich to the outposts of Europe

Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:49 am

The moment I heard that Vueling was positioning a Wamos Air Boeing B 747-400 to Zürich for the month of July, I decided I had to find a way to secure a seat on one of those flights.

As usual, finding a suitable, read free day to make the trip on the Jumbo was an issue. In actual fact, Saturday, 9 July was my only option. But even so, there were quite a few constraints I had to deal with. First of all, I was in Vienna until the afternoon on the Friday, on the Sunday I was registered to do a triathlon and on Monday I would be travelling again.

In addition, a quick check indicated that on 9 July, the Jumbo was scheduled to operate the service from Zürich to Lanzarote and back, which was a bit unfortunate, given that the Canaries are somewhat remote.

But in any case, I decided that such minor details would deter me from securing a rendezvous with the gorgeous 747. And so it came that eventually I booked myself on a flight with Vueling from Lanzarote to Zürich. Now all I had to do was figure out a way to get from Vienna to Lanzarote.

A few weeks back I flew on Air Europa’s inaugural service from Madrid to Zürich. I rather liked them actually. Their crews were friendly and professional and the quality of the service was pleasant.

And so, ladies and gentlemen, I present you the trip reports for my positioning flights from Zürich to Lanzarote:

Air Europa Express , Business Class – Zürich to Madrid
Air Europa, Business Class – Madrid to Lanzarote

PhilInBRN

Re: Air Europa Business Class Extravaganza: From Zürich to the outposts of Europe

Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:49 pm

Thanks for the trip reports of Air Europa! With much pleasure I also read your report on the ZRH-MAD inaugural flight. I must say their business class offering looks very much up-to-par. Having flown UX on LPA-MAD-BCN in the past I had a rather pleasant experience. They also handled my missed connection just as well as you would expect from any airline.
I cannot wait to try them out on the ZRH-MAD route this fall. The entrance of Air Europa on this route has had a nice effect on ticket prices.

lychemsa

Re: Air Europa Business Class Extravaganza: From Zürich to the outposts of Europe

Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:44 am

Interesting.

I hate Lindt dark chocolate and Oikos Danon Greek Youghurt I find it isn't as good as the US company Greek Youghurt Chobani, which was actually introduced by a Turkish guy.

Would love to go to Lanzarote. Thanks for the report.

I just bought Oikos Danon a few days ago as it was on sale.

Knightsofmalta
Topic Author

Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:54 am

PhilInBRN wrote:
Thanks for the trip reports of Air Europa! With much pleasure I also read your report on the ZRH-MAD inaugural flight. I must say their business class offering looks very much up-to-par. Having flown UX on LPA-MAD-BCN in the past I had a rather pleasant experience. They also handled my missed connection just as well as you would expect from any airline.
I cannot wait to try them out on the ZRH-MAD route this fall. The entrance of Air Europa on this route has had a nice effect on ticket prices.

Hi Phil,
Thanks for taking the time to comment. I found Air Europa were very professional. Their operation seems well organised and I think their staff are well trained. Their entry into the Zurich market has gone rather well, and if things continue like this I'm kind of hoping they'll switch to the larger B 737 at some point soon.

Knightsofmalta
Topic Author

Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:56 am

lychemsa wrote:
Interesting.

I hate Lindt dark chocolate and Oikos Danon Greek Youghurt I find it isn't as good as the US company Greek Youghurt Chobani, which was actually introduced by a Turkish guy.

Would love to go to Lanzarote. Thanks for the report.

I just bought Oikos Danon a few days ago as it was on sale.

Hi lychemsa,

Still getting the hang of the new interface here... In any case, thanks for taking the time to post. Lanzarote is a nice place with some fascinating landscapes. Although I think it might get a bit boring after a while because it does feel kind of remote.

Cheers,
William