Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
bralo20
Topic Author
Posts: 503
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 9:05 pm

Brussels Airlines introduces a "Tomorrowland" Airbus A320 OO-SNF, the 4th logojet

Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:41 pm

This evening, Brussels Airlines (SN), introduced their 4th logojet to the public. After the Tintin, the Magritte and the Red Devils jet another dedicated "Belgian icons" jet was introduced. OO-SNF, an Airbus A320 was painted into a beautiful Tomorrowland theme to celebrate 5 years of co-operation between Brussels Airlines & Tomorrowland. The Airbus will have this livery for the next 5 years, tomorrow it will carry out his maiden flight. Also the interior was changed with special mood lightning, decorations and the Tomorrowland theme music while boarding the plane.


More information and pictures can be found here: http://www.luchtzak.be/airlines/brussel ... re/oo-snf/


Image

Picture: luchtzak.be
 
bralo20
Topic Author
Posts: 503
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 9:05 pm

Re: Brussels Airlines introduces a "Tomorrowland" Airbus A320 OO-SNF, the 4th logojet

Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:48 pm

The official press release by Brussels Airlines: https://press.brusselsairlines.com/brus ... eate-amare

The presentation video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV19NaQLZK4
 
BelAviaFan
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:32 pm

Re: Brussels Airlines introduces a "Tomorrowland" Airbus A320 OO-SNF, the 4th logojet

Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:12 pm

Beautiful !! I like it ;-)
 
zrs70
Posts: 3904
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2000 4:08 am

Re: Brussels Airlines introduces a "Tomorrowland" Airbus A320 OO-SNF, the 4th logojet

Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:35 pm

I made this mistake of taking a Tomorrowland flight from tlv to Bru a few years back. I was in J on an A330. I was really looking forward to a relaxing flight. It was a late night departure. 11pm or something.

Loud, loud music throughout boarding. Roudy young adults drunk on board.

The FA said to me, "you chose the wrong flight."

She was right!
 
User avatar
kjeld0d
Posts: 531
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:21 pm

Re: Brussels Airlines introduces a "Tomorrowland" Airbus A320 OO-SNF, the 4th logojet

Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:17 pm

They eked out 3% profit last year on low fuel prices. Tomorrowland? They should be honoring "yesterdayland" -- high currency values, low fuel prices, no competition, colonial links. Those were the glory days for Sabena.
 
32andBelow
Posts: 6409
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:54 am

Re: Brussels Airlines introduces a "Tomorrowland" Airbus A320 OO-SNF, the 4th logojet

Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:20 pm

kjeld0d wrote:
They eked out 3% profit last year on low fuel prices. Tomorrowland? They should be honoring "yesterdayland" -- high currency values, low fuel prices, no competition, colonial links. Those were the glory days for Sabena.

It's a giant music festival in Brussels.
 
Scorpio
Posts: 5069
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2001 3:48 am

Re: Brussels Airlines introduces a "Tomorrowland" Airbus A320 OO-SNF, the 4th logojet

Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:57 am

kjeld0d wrote:
They eked out 3% profit last year on low fuel prices. Tomorrowland? They should be honoring "yesterdayland" -- high currency values, low fuel prices, no competition, colonial links. Those were the glory days for Sabena.

You understood the part where they were enormously affected by a terrorist attack that closed their home base for two weeks, right? In that light, it's a small miracle they made any profit at all. Without the attack, the profit would've been much higher.
 
Scorpio
Posts: 5069
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2001 3:48 am

Re: Brussels Airlines introduces a "Tomorrowland" Airbus A320 OO-SNF, the 4th logojet

Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:58 am

32andBelow wrote:
kjeld0d wrote:
They eked out 3% profit last year on low fuel prices. Tomorrowland? They should be honoring "yesterdayland" -- high currency values, low fuel prices, no competition, colonial links. Those were the glory days for Sabena.

It's a giant music festival in Brussels.

It's not in Brussels, it's in Boom, near Antwerp.
 
32andBelow
Posts: 6409
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:54 am

Re: Brussels Airlines introduces a "Tomorrowland" Airbus A320 OO-SNF, the 4th logojet

Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:11 am

Scorpio wrote:
32andBelow wrote:
kjeld0d wrote:
They eked out 3% profit last year on low fuel prices. Tomorrowland? They should be honoring "yesterdayland" -- high currency values, low fuel prices, no competition, colonial links. Those were the glory days for Sabena.

It's a giant music festival in Brussels.

It's not in Brussels, it's in Boom, near Antwerp.

Whatever. The country is like the size of a Costco. You fly into Brussels to get to tomorrowland and if you get a tomorrowland hotel package you stay in Brussels
 
Scorpio
Posts: 5069
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2001 3:48 am

Re: Brussels Airlines introduces a "Tomorrowland" Airbus A320 OO-SNF, the 4th logojet

Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:14 am

32andBelow wrote:
Whatever.


Hey, you're welcome. Thanks for being so respectful towards my country.
 
B777LRF
Posts: 3131
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:23 am

Re: Brussels Airlines introduces a "Tomorrowland" Airbus A320 OO-SNF, the 4th logojet

Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:05 am

32andBelow wrote:
Whatever. The country is like the size of a Costco. You fly into Brussels to get to tomorrowland and if you get a tomorrowland hotel package you stay in Brussels


Whatever, indeed. The UK consists of London only, right?
 
bralo20
Topic Author
Posts: 503
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 9:05 pm

Re: Brussels Airlines introduces a "Tomorrowland" Airbus A320 OO-SNF, the 4th logojet

Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:19 am

Guys,

I know that a lot of people aren't to fond of Belgium or Brussels but that's not the point here. As a Belgian I like our country even with it's many many flaws. Yes, Belgium is a tiny country and only a tiny spec on the globe, yes, we have terrible weather and unfortunately our country has become known for many bad things that happened in the past like the Dutroux issue for example. Yes, Belgium seems to be the European HQ for ISIS with links to our country at virtually every single attack but that's not who we are, that's not the true Belgium. Just like the USA can't be mirrored to Trump's actions, the lack of support to the LGBTQ community, the fact there are more mass casualty shootings than anywhere in the world, etc... Just like that isn't what the USA is really like, the same applies to Belgium. We aren't all paedophile's, we aren't all terrorists, we are just ordinary people like everybody else here. And while we may be only a tiny little country we have a lot to offer to the world and not only our delicious beers or our chocolate. The last big NASA announcement for example wasn't a true NASA discovery, it was a discovery by a Belgian funded and Belgian lead team from the university of Liege with co-operation of NASA. That's only a tiny example of what Belgians can achieve, Belgians invented many things, some well known, some not so much. Did you know that (modern) plastic is actually something that was created by Belgian chemist Baekeland? Or that "modern" maps were something that was created by a Belgian? It's called the Mercator projection and it's used by Google maps for example and was an invention of Gerardus Mercator in the 1500's. Even the world wide web is a co-invention from a Belgian. And let's not forget a lot of medical inventions... The famous "pill" aka contraceptive? Yup, that's Belgian as well. What about some music? The Saxophone? Yes, also Belgian. Just to say... Belgium as a lot to offer to the world. Not only inventions but our country itself is a nice country despite what the media shows. Belgium may have 3 languages and it may have a very complicated governmental structure we all love each other very much, politicians may fight all the time between the Flemish (Dutch speaking) & Wallonia's (French speaking) but we, the citizens, don't do that. I, as a Flemish guy love our higher part (we can't really call it mountains since the highest point is only a bit below 700 meters) and I come to peace there when I go for a walk. A friend, a Wallonian, loves to take a stroll on our beach in Flanders. It's all very peaceful and Belgians, regardless of where they live in the country, are friendly, generous and openminded people. So please, come over and visit our lovely country and it's lovely citizens.

Anyway, enough about that. It's about Brussels Airlines and their new theme jet and while you may or may not like it you can't deny that it's extraordinary thing these days, few airlines are having liveries that promote a country, we might be even unique in that part. While some airlines have also theme jets (Jetblue with their incredible FDNY jet for example) and some promote sport clubs or certain events their are, besides SN, no airlines that have planes who are promoting their home country. And it's something we can be proud about. It also gives a clear signal to, now sole, owner Lufthansa that Brussels Airlines is a Belgian company and that Brussels Airlines is proud to be Belgian. Will it help to prevent Lufthansa from scrapping the Brussels Airlines brand in favour for Carsten Spohr's pet Eurowings? I'm not sure about that but every step, how tiny it is, can help to keep our beloved airline. Until at least 2022 their will be SN jets flying around, the 4 icon planes will have the livery until 2022 when they probably will be repainted. And it seems that Brussels Airlines likes to keep adding "Belgian icons" jets in the future, so who knows what the future brings, maybe we'll see another A320 in the next year, there are still plenty of "icons" left to be used.

While some may disagree that "Tomorrowland" has become a true Belgian icon I think it is. It might not be (yet) on the same level as Magritte or Tintin but it can compete with the Red Devils... Tomorrowland has his 13th edition this year and 360.000 people (well probably quite a bunch less since 360.000 is the capacity of the 6 days and a lot of people have tickets for multiple days) from over 200 countries around the world will come visit Belgium and the Tomorrowland festival, that's something amazing. Maybe not the amount of people but the amount of countries attending the festival. That's something quite unique, regardless of faith, gender, sexuality, language, etc... all will be enjoying the festival in peace and have a lot of fun doing so. This achievement alone makes it eligible to be named a Belgian icon since Tomorrowland is certainly here to stay for the next 5 years and hopefully long after that...

Anyway, my apologies for my rant ;-) Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!
 
330lover
Posts: 697
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:11 am

Re: Brussels Airlines introduces a "Tomorrowland" Airbus A320 OO-SNF, the 4th logojet

Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:58 am

bralo20 wrote:
Guys,

I know that a lot of people aren't to fond of Belgium or Brussels but that's not the point here. As a Belgian I like our country even with it's many many flaws. Yes, Belgium is a tiny country and only a tiny spec on the globe, yes, we have terrible weather and unfortunately our country has become known for many bad things that happened in the past like the Dutroux issue for example. Yes, Belgium seems to be the European HQ for ISIS with links to our country at virtually every single attack but that's not who we are, that's not the true Belgium. Just like the USA can't be mirrored to Trump's actions, the lack of support to the LGBTQ community, the fact there are more mass casualty shootings than anywhere in the world, etc... Just like that isn't what the USA is really like, the same applies to Belgium. We aren't all paedophile's, we aren't all terrorists, we are just ordinary people like everybody else here. And while we may be only a tiny little country we have a lot to offer to the world and not only our delicious beers or our chocolate. The last big NASA announcement for example wasn't a true NASA discovery, it was a discovery by a Belgian funded and Belgian lead team from the university of Liege with co-operation of NASA. That's only a tiny example of what Belgians can achieve, Belgians invented many things, some well known, some not so much. Did you know that (modern) plastic is actually something that was created by Belgian chemist Baekeland? Or that "modern" maps were something that was created by a Belgian? It's called the Mercator projection and it's used by Google maps for example and was an invention of Gerardus Mercator in the 1500's. Even the world wide web is a co-invention from a Belgian. And let's not forget a lot of medical inventions... The famous "pill" aka contraceptive? Yup, that's Belgian as well. What about some music? The Saxophone? Yes, also Belgian. Just to say... Belgium as a lot to offer to the world. Not only inventions but our country itself is a nice country despite what the media shows. Belgium may have 3 languages and it may have a very complicated governmental structure we all love each other very much, politicians may fight all the time between the Flemish (Dutch speaking) & Wallonia's (French speaking) but we, the citizens, don't do that. I, as a Flemish guy love our higher part (we can't really call it mountains since the highest point is only a bit below 700 meters) and I come to peace there when I go for a walk. A friend, a Wallonian, loves to take a stroll on our beach in Flanders. It's all very peaceful and Belgians, regardless of where they live in the country, are friendly, generous and openminded people. So please, come over and visit our lovely country and it's lovely citizens.

Anyway, enough about that. It's about Brussels Airlines and their new theme jet and while you may or may not like it you can't deny that it's extraordinary thing these days, few airlines are having liveries that promote a country, we might be even unique in that part. While some airlines have also theme jets (Jetblue with their incredible FDNY jet for example) and some promote sport clubs or certain events their are, besides SN, no airlines that have planes who are promoting their home country. And it's something we can be proud about. It also gives a clear signal to, now sole, owner Lufthansa that Brussels Airlines is a Belgian company and that Brussels Airlines is proud to be Belgian. Will it help to prevent Lufthansa from scrapping the Brussels Airlines brand in favour for Carsten Spohr's pet Eurowings? I'm not sure about that but every step, how tiny it is, can help to keep our beloved airline. Until at least 2022 their will be SN jets flying around, the 4 icon planes will have the livery until 2022 when they probably will be repainted. And it seems that Brussels Airlines likes to keep adding "Belgian icons" jets in the future, so who knows what the future brings, maybe we'll see another A320 in the next year, there are still plenty of "icons" left to be used.

While some may disagree that "Tomorrowland" has become a true Belgian icon I think it is. It might not be (yet) on the same level as Magritte or Tintin but it can compete with the Red Devils... Tomorrowland has his 13th edition this year and 360.000 people (well probably quite a bunch less since 360.000 is the capacity of the 6 days and a lot of people have tickets for multiple days) from over 200 countries around the world will come visit Belgium and the Tomorrowland festival, that's something amazing. Maybe not the amount of people but the amount of countries attending the festival. That's something quite unique, regardless of faith, gender, sexuality, language, etc... all will be enjoying the festival in peace and have a lot of fun doing so. This achievement alone makes it eligible to be named a Belgian icon since Tomorrowland is certainly here to stay for the next 5 years and hopefully long after that...

Anyway, my apologies for my rant ;-) Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!


Well said ! One of the best comments I have read here in months, I must say.
And I totally agree.
 
ulker32
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:52 pm

Re: Brussels Airlines introduces a "Tomorrowland" Airbus A320 OO-SNF, the 4th logojet

Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:12 am

bralo20 wrote:
Guys,

I know that a lot of people aren't to fond of Belgium or Brussels but that's not the point here. As a Belgian I like our country even with it's many many flaws. Yes, Belgium is a tiny country and only a tiny spec on the globe, yes, we have terrible weather and unfortunately our country has become known for many bad things that happened in the past like the Dutroux issue for example. Yes, Belgium seems to be the European HQ for ISIS with links to our country at virtually every single attack but that's not who we are, that's not the true Belgium. Just like the USA can't be mirrored to Trump's actions, the lack of support to the LGBTQ community, the fact there are more mass casualty shootings than anywhere in the world, etc... Just like that isn't what the USA is really like, the same applies to Belgium. We aren't all paedophile's, we aren't all terrorists, we are just ordinary people like everybody else here. And while we may be only a tiny little country we have a lot to offer to the world and not only our delicious beers or our chocolate. The last big NASA announcement for example wasn't a true NASA discovery, it was a discovery by a Belgian funded and Belgian lead team from the university of Liege with co-operation of NASA. That's only a tiny example of what Belgians can achieve, Belgians invented many things, some well known, some not so much. Did you know that (modern) plastic is actually something that was created by Belgian chemist Baekeland? Or that "modern" maps were something that was created by a Belgian? It's called the Mercator projection and it's used by Google maps for example and was an invention of Gerardus Mercator in the 1500's. Even the world wide web is a co-invention from a Belgian. And let's not forget a lot of medical inventions... The famous "pill" aka contraceptive? Yup, that's Belgian as well. What about some music? The Saxophone? Yes, also Belgian. Just to say... Belgium as a lot to offer to the world. Not only inventions but our country itself is a nice country despite what the media shows. Belgium may have 3 languages and it may have a very complicated governmental structure we all love each other very much, politicians may fight all the time between the Flemish (Dutch speaking) & Wallonia's (French speaking) but we, the citizens, don't do that. I, as a Flemish guy love our higher part (we can't really call it mountains since the highest point is only a bit below 700 meters) and I come to peace there when I go for a walk. A friend, a Wallonian, loves to take a stroll on our beach in Flanders. It's all very peaceful and Belgians, regardless of where they live in the country, are friendly, generous and openminded people. So please, come over and visit our lovely country and it's lovely citizens.

Anyway, my apologies for my rant ;-) Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!



You sir, I am really proud to call you my fellow citizen :puckerup:
 
User avatar
aerorobnz
Posts: 8435
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2001 3:43 pm

Re: Brussels Airlines introduces a "Tomorrowland" Airbus A320 OO-SNF, the 4th logojet

Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:19 pm

I have an A320 flight on SN next month, and I am praying for Tintin jet, but if I can't have that I would love to fly this one. Thank you SN for brightening our skies. It is always very satisfying to photograph a special livery.
 
nadavatar64
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:44 pm

Re: Brussels Airlines introduces a "Tomorrowland" Airbus A320 OO-SNF, the 4th logojet

Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:32 pm

Cool livery! It really makes you wanna go to Tommorowland!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos