MrGtheSheepA346

Re: LH introduces revised livery

Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:17 pm

The livery reminds me of the Skyteam livery too somehow, maybe because the dark shade of blue is kinda similar.

jworks158

Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:42 pm

MrGtheSheepA346 wrote:
The livery reminds me of the Skyteam livery too somehow, maybe because the dark shade of blue is kinda similar.

Much closer to the star allience
(A359,A343/A346,A332,A319/320/321,A220-100)(B788,B772,B762,B752,B744/B748,B732/B737/B738,B717)(E190,E145)(CRJ100/200, Dash 8-200)(MD-83)
JB,UA(C5,EV,CHQ,AX),AA(EGF,ZW,AX,PT),DL(OH,YX),FL,WN,LH,BA,AF,AZ,IB,VX,CO
https://my.flightradar24.com/theorangetechie

lerc

Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:34 pm

My two cents...

The beauty of design in general is that no one will be right or wrong because its purpose is to be subjective, aka “beauty is in the eye of the beholder”. That being said , an airline’s revised livery should be a reflection of who they are or want to be, not a copying of a style so as to blend in.
In the end, an airline is a business, and to be successful, they have to do, or at least appear to do, something to be different than the competition and attract customers.

What this livery does for Lufthansa is a HUGE step back. Why? Because it makes this company look like the competition. The new Lufthansa planes look like United or like Malev. They look like Iberia (only in blue).
As an uneducated or non-airline-geek customer I would think the livery would tell this person that Lufthansa is no different than United or Iberia.
I look at an Apple store and immediately understand the brand. I look at a Microsoft store and immediately understand they tried to copy Apple.

What the hell is this “yellow surprise” anyways?
Yes, all other aspects of rebrand look nice. But the airplanes are what make an airline an airline.
The fan image of the crane and circle on the tail painted in yellow immediately come across as more sophisticated and classy. Stay true to yiur identity in a new way. The new livery does NOT do that. At all. It is a watered-down drink. Boring. Bland. “I’ve already seen this before”.

There is a thing as trying too hard. There is also a thing as blending in with the times. But this is the absolute destruction of an image. A huge step back. A Lufthansa bird will now only come across as another generic airline when you see it parked on the tarmac.

I never thought I would be capable of comparing United to Lufthansa. Yet here we are.

Absolutely disgusting rebrand....wait. What rebrand? This has been done before. Should instead say, what and absolutely disgusting copy.

AirCalSNA

Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:55 pm

BobMUC wrote:
I like this photo of both planes together in Munich:

https://www.facebook.com/Aeronews.ro/ph ... 26/?type=3

Why oh why did they not make the crane and the circle around it Lufthansa Yellow? It would have looked great and very distinctive, and provided terrific continuinty with Lufthansa's history. I'm baffled.

O530CarrisPT

Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:50 pm

AirCalSNA wrote:
BobMUC wrote:
I like this photo of both planes together in Munich:

https://www.facebook.com/Aeronews.ro/ph ... 26/?type=3

Why oh why did they not make the crane and the circle around it Lufthansa Yellow? It would have looked great and very distinctive, and provided terrific continuinty with Lufthansa's history. I'm baffled.

Yes. It could have look better with the yellow. Although the new livery is, in my opinion, perfectly good - since is a bit bland, but not too much, and not like AA's new (2013) livery, which was a bit too garish for me (despite also liking it).
Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968)

AnsettB727

Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:58 am

On the LH YouTube channel there is about a 15 min video presentation on 'the whole new vibe of the thing' - you'll need to be a German speaker. It's a very intimate audience with alleged LH employees, none of whom look older than 30. In it, a casually dressed man tries to justify his no doubt very high salary...and why they got rid of yellow on the aircraft. Big mistake, in my opinion. I suppose we'll get used to it, though.

aerokiwi

Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:27 pm

Braybuddy wrote:
N415XJ wrote:
Incredible... they managed to pick the most bland and uninspiring scheme out of a sea of bland and uninspiring schemes.

This has clearly been a process of consultation, discussion and elimination over a very long time. I see where you're coming from, and I can understand why some of the alternative liveries posted on here might be popular (particularly with aviation geeks), Lufthansa clearly wanted a break with the past without dumping their whole identity. The Lufthansa design team are not a bunch of amateurs who sat down and drew a design on the back of a napkin and handed it to the board and said "this is what we're going for". They know the airline inside out and its mindset, and the image they want to project. They clearly had a lot of alternatives, which probably initially looked nice -- like some renditions on here -- but after much consultation and discussion and a process of elimination, arrived at the current design. They obviously decided that the yellow was dragging the brand downmarket, yet didn't want to dump it completely as it has been an important part of their identity. So they cleverly reduced it to flashes and "surprises", which, IMHO, is the master stroke of this whole revamp. No other airline has done this before (as far as I know). As I've said before, reducing it actually makes it more noticeable. I'm not a huge fan this minimalist look, but in some cases it works (particularly Qantas and Air France), however it looks incredibly smart in this livery, given the dark shade of blue and the way it's applied (with the white strip at the front of the tail and they way the blue separates and flows down the back of the fuselage). Given that new liveries generally get a roasting on here, the way it has been received has been remarkably positive. How many times have you heard "I didn't like it at first, but now it's starting to grow on me" on these forums? I think this is what will happen here. I'll bet my yellow socks on it . . . :D

Interesting. What you consider an appropriate and worthwhile process smacks of groupthink and over-consultation to me. So you end up with a hollow, bland Qantas/UTA knockoff, minus the personality. I'm sure a lot of us have experienced similar in the corporate world. Would much rather a passionate vision shone through and stamped its mark.

A great shame.

gzm

Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:35 pm

When one makes something new, he thinks it is a work of art or a masterpiece. Let it pass the test of time and you will see the shortcomings. Personally I have learned to hear the opinions of others who are the recipients. I find them invaluable. So, if you want the livery to literally shine,why don't you go back to the polished metal underbelly? Several layers of lacquer should protect the metal like common spray. The new livery looks like those old timetables...

CarbonFibre

Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:26 pm

A CRJ900 has just been repainted as well.

TC957

Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:48 pm

How have the general German press received this LH makeover ?

A350900
Topic Author

Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:20 pm

CarbonFibre wrote:

Do you have the reg. please?

Braybuddy

Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:30 am

aerokiwi wrote:
Interesting. What you consider an appropriate and worthwhile process smacks of groupthink and over-consultation to me. So you end up with a hollow, bland Qantas/UTA knockoff, minus the personality. I'm sure a lot of us have experienced similar in the corporate world. Would much rather a passionate vision shone through and stamped its mark.

A great shame.

I doubt any corportation making major changes to its image would do it without a lot of consultation and discussion. Do you really think a major international airline -- or any large corporation -- would give the project to a handful of designers and say "We'll leave it up to you and whatever you come up with, will run with it"? It's clear that a lot of designs were considered, and rejected, which clearly shows a lot of thought has gone into this change. Bearing in mind that it would be difficult to come up with anything original or radical in livery design nowadays -- and I really doubt that would be in keeping with Lufthansa's image anyway -- any change would no doubt have similiarities with existing liveries. So I suppose being compared to just two isn't bad at all, but it does have the completely white fuselage, wings and nacelles, which really finishes it handsomely. You may see a hollow, bland knock-off (how exactly does the Qantas design have "personality"?), where I see restrained, smart, clean and beautiful:

I belive we're looking at a future classic here . :smile:

aerokiwi

Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:32 pm

Braybuddy wrote:
aerokiwi wrote:

A great shame.

I doubt any corportation making major changes to its image would do it without a lot of consultation and discussion. Do you really think a major international airline -- or any large corporation -- would give the project to a handful of designers and say "We'll leave it up to you and whatever you come up with, will run with it"? It's clear that a lot of designs were considered, and rejected, which clearly shows a lot of thought has gone into this change. Bearing in mind that it would be difficult to come up with anything original or radical in livery design nowadays -- and I really doubt that would be in keeping with Lufthansa's image anyway -- any change would no doubt have similiarities with existing liveries. So I suppose being compared to just two isn't bad at all, but it does have the completely white fuselage, wings and nacelles, which really finishes it handsomely. You may see a hollow, bland knock-off (how exactly does the Qantas design have "personality"?), where I see restrained, smart, clean and beautiful:

Again, because it's consultative, sensible, proper... it's soulless. Sometimes you need an individual - a leader - to overide the marketing "pros" and just say nah, I like it this way. Give it ten years, LH will move on. Though it does seem a trend of late to adopt generic, "virtual" liveries... the type you see in airport mockups.

KLDC10

Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:33 pm

Braybuddy wrote:

Agreed. I showed some photographs of D-ABYA to a German friend of mine and asked for his opinions. His response was: "Traditional, Premium, Smart".

Frankly, the more I see this livery, the more I think that Lufthansa have absolutely nailed it. When watching the videos on the 'Explore the New' website (https://www.explorethenew.com/de/de), I really got the impression that the designers have a huge amount of respect for the brand and that they were working to refine and update, not just to change things for the sake of it. That respect really shines through in the final design - from the aircraft livery all the way down to the yellow boarding card. They've really considered everything thoroughly - take the new typeface for example: It would be tempting to employ some kind of modern typeface which looks fresh for a couple of years but then ages terribly (like the one used by American Airlines), but instead they simply refined the one they had, meaning that the airline still feels familiar to passengers. I really think they've done a fantastic job here and set a precedent for other airlines when it comes to rebranding.
DC9/MD90/MD11/F70/BAE146
737/738/739/744/748/752/763/772/789
A319/A320/A321/A332/A333/A346/A359
Q400/E170/E175/E190/CS300

Semaex

Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:40 pm

CarbonFibre wrote:

Any pictures yet?

TC957 wrote:
How have the general German press received this LH makeover ?

To be honest, I have not seen a single online article about the new c/s in any of the many newspapers I read on a regular basis.
Which I guess is a good sign. Germans are premium at moaning and complaining about their own inventions. So no news is good news, in that regard.

And it also supports my theory that the common pax will hardly notice anything. If the change is so subtle that only the subconciousness will recognize a change has been done at all - for the better - then that is clearly the point where a designer has perfected his art.
// You know you're an aviation enthusiast if you look at your neighbour's cars and think about fleet commonality.

PixelPilot

Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:43 pm

aerokiwi wrote:
Braybuddy wrote:
aerokiwi wrote:

A great shame.

Again, because it's consultative, sensible, proper... it's soulless. Sometimes you need an individual - a leader - to overide the marketing "pros" and just say nah, I like it this way. Give it ten years, LH will move on. Though it does seem a trend of late to adopt generic, "virtual" liveries... the type you see in airport mockups.

Soulless...
Well not for me. I think it looks like a premium brand should look. Clean, traditional and easily recognizable.
And I'm super glad we don't have more doodle noodles with rainbow colors singing kumbaya type of liveries that remind me of sandbox days and crayon bonanza :)
Last edited by PixelPilot on Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Braybuddy

Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:04 pm

aerokiwi wrote:

Yeah sure, slap a swoosh on here, a swirl on there, add a few more colours, change the font to Comic Sans, paint a pair of wraparound shades around the cockpit windows and add a nice big smile under the nosecone and give it plenty of "personality" -- and see how that goes down . . . :eyepopping: I have full confidence in the Lufthansa Design Team, and believe they know exactly what sort of image they want to project into the future.

KLDC10 wrote:
Agreed. I showed some photographs of D-ABYA to a German friend of mine and asked for his opinions. His response was: "Traditional, Premium, Smart".
Frankly, the more I see this livery, the more I think that Lufthansa have absolutely nailed it.

For sure. I can't remember loving a new livery so much in a long, long time. I think people who don't like it keep expecting to see yellow on the tail. You have to forget about the yellow: it's not gone completely, it's just not in your face anymore, which is a relief.

Blotto

Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:41 pm

holcakker wrote:
MUC and FRA will be quite a dull place in a few years.

Wait what happens to VIE and ZRH ;)

redcap1962

Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:25 pm

CarbonFibre wrote:

https://www.airliners.net/photo/Lufthans ... 24/4855085
This is your pilot speaking. Welcome to flight one from here to there. We'll be flying at a height of ten feet, going up to twelve and a half feet if we see anything big. My copilot today is a flask of coffee.

Eddie Izzard

TurboJet707

Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:48 pm

Braybuddy wrote:
Yeah sure, slap a swoosh on here, a swirl on there, add a few more colours, change the font to Comic Sans, paint a pair of wraparound shades around the cockpit windows and add a nice big smile under the nosecone and give it plenty of "personality" -- and see how that goes down . . . :eyepopping: I have full confidence in the Lufthansa Design Team, and believe they know exactly what sort of image they want to project into the future.

Well, I must say that I hate swooshes, billboard titles, fancy typefaces and 'wavy-gravy' designs. To me those liveries look dreadful from the beginning, let alone after a few years. Brrr. I actually prefer timeless and minimalist designs. But I think that one can create a timeless, minimalist livery without having to paint a plane at least 90% white. Why all that white in so many airline liveries?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think the new LH livery is ugly, far from that, it's just that many people had expected a bit more from a blue-chip airline like LH than trying to sell an almost literal knockoff of >30-year old Qantas, UTA and Malev designs as "fresh, modern and premium". Maybe expectations were set too high, I don't know, but I feel they could have done better.

As a Dutchman, I am quite a frequent KLM flyer. When I am waiting for my flight home at the end of a business trip, at an airport far away, I always get a warm feeling when I see 'my' blue plane coming in. Well, I can't imagine any LH passenger, whether a German national or not, getting that same warm feeling from this 90% white, nondescript new livery. The blue KLM plane stands out, I see it coming from miles away, the LH plane does not. You only see it when it's right in front of you at the gate.

BTW, I'm not a huge fan of the new "dolphin" curves in the KLM livery.

What I do like in the Lufthansa livery is the "Lufthansa" font. And while I think there's way too much white, I kinda like the white itself: it's a very bright white, almost 'whiter than white', a bit like chalk. Other airlines use a fractionally more creamy off-white. In sunny wheather, the dark blue looks OK, but on cloudy days it will look like black. I'm also glad to see the 'lufthansa.com' titles go, those looked so cheap and garish by now, as if it were surprising that an airline had a website anno 2018...

I still like the Braniff 'flying colors' liveries from the 60s. Those were (and still are) modern and minimalist, while they stood out at the same time.

lostsound

Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:44 am

I don't mind this new livery, but the inconsistency of the tail portion when you look at the 747/A321 vs the CRJ is a pretty big oversight. The livery should fit all aircraft types equally.

stylo777

Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:07 am

redcap1962 wrote:
CarbonFibre wrote:

https://www.airliners.net/photo/Lufthans ... 24/4855085

D-ACNM, based in MUC and got repainted in MPL.

stylo777

Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:15 am

DAISQ - an 321 - is in OSR since 6Feb.
It will probably get the new livery as well.

bwest

Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:27 am

I would urge frau Merkel to have a Thatcher moment

I love my Airport Job! :)

kimimm19

Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:04 pm

Very sleek and stylish (corporate), but it's missing that bit of yellow character...

GianiDC

Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:18 pm

There we go:

Silverstreak

Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:37 pm

The new livery is fine. To me, it projects an efficient image and just Lufthansa's name. Let's face it, that's all the pax look for.

LTU932

Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:04 pm

bwest wrote:
I would urge frau Merkel to have a Thatcher moment
I can assure you that the German federal government, especially Angela Merkel, do NOT care about LH's new livery. She wouldn't even care if LH rebranded into Interflug and the old IF livery returns.
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208

Braybuddy

Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:47 pm

TurboJet707 wrote:
Well, I must say that I hate swooshes, billboard titles, fancy typefaces and 'wavy-gravy' designs. To me those liveries look dreadful from the beginning, let alone after a few years. Brrr. I actually prefer timeless and minimalist designs. But I think that one can create a timeless, minimalist livery without having to paint a plane at least 90% white. Why all that white in so many airline liveries?
Don't get me wrong, I don't think the new LH livery is ugly, far from that, it's just that many people had expected a bit more from a blue-chip airline like LH than trying to sell an almost literal knockoff of >30-year old Qantas, UTA and Malev designs as "fresh, modern and premium". Maybe expectations were set too high, I don't know, but I feel they could have done better.

I'm not a huge fan of white fuselages, but in a handful of cases they work, IMHO, and I think this is one of them. The way the white extends all over the wings and horizontal stabilizers really is the finishing touch to this scheme. I think I have a grasp of what Lufthansa wanted to do this time, and revolution would have been anathema to them. Any of their livery changes in the last 60 years have always been evolutionary rather than evolutionary, but this time they started wtih a clean sheet and went for evolution max, if you like, which is wonderful.

TurboJet707 wrote:
As a Dutchman, I am quite a frequent KLM flyer. When I am waiting for my flight home at the end of a business trip, at an airport far away, I always get a warm feeling when I see 'my' blue plane coming in.

I know exactly what you mean. I used to feel the same when I'd see the green of Aer Lingus coming in, but I couldn't care less now.

TurboJet707 wrote:
BTW, I'm not a huge fan of the new "dolphin" curves in the KLM livery.

:yes:

TurboJet707 wrote:
I'm also glad to see the 'lufthansa.com' titles go, those looked so cheap and garish by now, as if it were surprising that an airline had a website anno 2018...

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

DCA-ROCguy

Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:14 pm

More blue, good.
No yellow, bad.
More white, bad.

Overall, not an improvement. The skies need more color, not less.

KLM, Southwest, Singapore, Korean, Wow, Vietnam Airlines have the right idea.

Jim
Need a new airline paint scheme? Better call Saul! (Bass that is)

EPA001

Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:46 pm

KLDC10 wrote:
Frankly, the more I see this livery, the more I think that Lufthansa have absolutely nailed it. When watching the videos on the 'Explore the New' website (https://www.explorethenew.com/de/de), I really got the impression that the designers have a huge amount of respect for the brand and that they were working to refine and update, not just to change things for the sake of it. That respect really shines through in the final design - from the aircraft livery all the way down to the yellow boarding card. They've really considered everything thoroughly - I really think they've done a fantastic job here and set a precedent for other airlines when it comes to rebranding.

Exactly my thoughts as well. :)

Braybuddy wrote:
For sure. I can't remember loving a new livery so much in a long, long time. I think people who don't like it keep expecting to see yellow on the tail. You have to forget about the yellow: it's not gone completely, it's just not in your face anymore, which is a relief.

The yellow has received a new role within LH corporate branding. And to me that is a very fine and well thought out role. So I can also totally agree on this with you. :)

GianiDC

Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:36 am

According to a survey by yougov 80% of Germans like the new livery. They describe it as "active, strong and dynamic".

http://www.airliners.de/lufthansa-logo- ... chau/43730 (german only!)

seahawk

Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:58 pm

It is logical as yellow and blue are more associated with brands like IKEA or Lidl while blue and white is a bit BMW or VW.

A321leo

Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:04 pm

LH has internally announced to implement minor adjustments. As it turned out in the daily business the new blue appears a little dull in certain circumstances.

InnsbruckFlyer

Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:09 am

A321leo wrote:
LH has internally announced to implement minor adjustments. As it turned out in the daily business the new blue appears a little dull in certain circumstances.

Link to the article (only in German):
vielfliegertreff.de/lufthansa/81247-uebersicht-ueber-die-14-lufthansa-liveries-46.html#post2546544
--
2019: A3 2x A320 | CL E195 | FB A319, E190 | LH A320, A321, A346, A359 | OS A320, B772, 3x DH8Q | UA A319

aerokiwi

Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:33 am

A321leo wrote:

Bahahahahaha! So much for "absolutely nailing it". All those design experts - I wonder if they get paid more for the adjustment.

I realise that the design profession goes orgasmic over the thought of a (white) room full chic designers wearing black turtlenecks and thick rimmed (or no-rimmed!) glasses tapping away at their apple whatevers at their minimalist communal desk before the big reveal of a 1980s knockoff sans the personality and newness, but... actually I forget. I just wanted to dump all over this poxy effort.

TurboJet707

Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:01 am

Not a big surprise that the blue turns out too dark. On cloudy days (and those are far from rare in Germany ;)), it can be mistaken for black:

The communication that Innsbruckflyer refers to also mentions that an alternative livery variant will be developed in which the 'Lufthansa' script will be joined by the crane logo.

An interesting development. There must be several LH planes that are currently undergoing maintenance and being prepared for a respray. What will they do with these planes? Will they wait for the adapted livery to be ready or would they still get the (too) dark blue tail fin?

Anyway, the pictures that we now have of the 747-8, the A321 and the CRJ with the new look will have a strong curiosity value in a few years, showing a very short-lived interim livery.

stylo777

Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:16 am

We currently have:
2x 321 (DAISP&SP)
1x 748 (DABYA)
1x CR9 (DACNM) and currently in paintshop:
1x 320 (DAIZC)
1x CR9 (DACNA)

EK413

Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:47 am

Well I guess it’s back to the drawing board and hate to say I told you so... It wasn’t broke in the beginning! BUT LH still tried to “fix it”...

EK413
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight’s entertainment!

Braybuddy

Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:13 pm

If I read this correctly, they are testing a variation of the current design whereby the blue will be changed and the crane logo placed next to "Lufthansa", but whether this will be used will depend on feedback? That lighter blue is more like (low cost) Ikea or Lidl blue.

mxaxai

Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:32 pm

TurboJet707 wrote:
The communication that Innsbruckflyer refers to also mentions that an alternative livery variant will be developed in which the 'Lufthansa' script will be joined by the crane logo.

An added crane will certainly help against the imbalance between the heavy, black-blue tail and the very white nose. Particularly when viewed from a forward angle.
I think this is what they wanted: Image
and this is what they got:
They wanted something to go with their new business class but did not realize that the varying light conditions and some dirt might turn a classy blue/white or blue/silver combo into a dirty black/grey combo. Assuming they get it right now it should be a very classy, business-oriented livery: Image

nitepilot79

Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:20 pm

Who cares about livery changes?? The public doesn't even notice. Oh wait, it's Lufthansa.

Ndebele

Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:35 pm

stylo777 wrote:
We currently have:
2x 321 (DAISP&SP)
1x 748 (DABYA)
1x CR9 (DACNM) and currently in paintshop:
1x 320 (DAIZC)
1x CR9 (DACNA)

Also D-AIQH (ex Germanwings) is currently in maintenance in SOF and will return to LH mainline fleet

N14AZ

Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:37 pm

TurboJet707 wrote:
Not a big surprise that the blue turns out too dark. On cloudy days (and those are far from rare in Germany ;)), it can be mistaken for black:

That’s embarassing… so all of sudden there was bad weather in NY and in Hong Kong?!?! Must be something new, most probably due to the climate change… :sarcastic:

So we can add another point to the list of things that Germans are no longer capable of:
1.) building an airport
356.) realizing that blue looks like rather black during bad weather

PM

Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:13 pm

Just saw D-ABYA at JNB. I think we'll grow to like it.

fortytwoeyes

Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:49 pm

TurboJet707 wrote:

That reads to me as not referring to the livery, but to other forms of marketing material.

Sooner787

Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:58 pm

I've been waiting to see LH's first A359 in the new livery, but now I'm betting
that frame will wear the revised "new 2.0" livery when she finally gets painted.

seahawk

Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:59 pm

It will only be a slightly lighter blue. Like BMW not IKEA.

Jawaiiansky66

Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:04 pm

This happens every time a new livery comes out. Initially, everyone freaks out and hates it. Then, a few months into the new design, when the planes can be seen in person, everyone slowly starts to accept it. Reminds me of American Airlines, Air Canada, etc. Yes its not fancy but it is simple and elegant. And the yellow is being used on the ground as the signature colour for check-in, paper products and the like.

Bavd

Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:32 pm

Braybuddy wrote:

Boy where you proved wrong fast!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos