User001

Re: MAN news - 2018

Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:06 pm

Supposedly it will be star alliance carriers, with Lufthansa being the actual first carrier.

That hasn’t been confirmed however.

Cunard

Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:20 pm

seemyseems wrote:
Does anyone know which airlines will be first to fly from the new pier?

I honestly don't think anyone can actually answer that question, it could be any of the airlines that currently use MAN Terminal 2.
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.

8herveg

Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:46 am

Will the 'new T2' have facilities built to operate domestic flights? I don't quite understand what facilities are required for domestic flights, over international ones. Can someone explain please? Similarly, why can't T3 and T4 at LHR operate domestic flights, but T2 and T5 can?

If the 'new T2' at MAN won't be housing domestic flights, once T1 is closed, perhaps T3 could be for all domestic/Ireland/Channel Islands, IAG and regional airlines, and T2 for everything else?

So that would leave T3 with the following:

Aer Lingus
Aurigny
British Airways
EasyJet
Flybe
Iberia Express
Loganair
Vueling

BrianDromey

Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:06 am

In the U.K. there are at least three arrival streams.
Domestic arrivals don’t pass immigration or customs checkpoints. These passengers can take onward flights without further security screening.
CTA Arrivals (RoI, IoM, Channel Islands) bypass immigration (but need a separate channels as the CTA only applies to citizens of those countries). These passengers CANNOT mix with departing passengers until they have been resxreened.
All others - Customs and Immigration control points, security if connecting onwards.

All of this has an impact on departures too, as ID requirements differ for domestic, CTA and International departures. Previously domestic/international passengers were kept entirely separate, not Heathrow takes photos to ensure that the passengers checked in as domestic actually board and don’t enter the U.K. illegally.

8herveg wrote:

Aer Lingus
Aurigny
British Airways
EasyJet
Flybe
Iberia Express
Loganair
Vueling

I think easyJet will have around 17 based aircraft at MAN next summer. I think that alone would fill T3 to the rafters! Without easyJet this arrangement would pretty much return T3 to its “original” use. There are rumours that BA, AA and the rest will go to the TP. The evidence is weak, mainly because BA haven’t refurbished their lounge. Apparently FR will become the dominant airline at T3. They like the short taxy times.

8herveg

Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:22 am

BrianDromey wrote:
In the U.K. there are at least three arrival streams.
Domestic arrivals don’t pass immigration or customs checkpoints. These passengers can take onward flights without further security screening.
CTA Arrivals (RoI, IoM, Channel Islands) bypass immigration (but need a separate channels as the CTA only applies to citizens of those countries). These passengers CANNOT mix with departing passengers until they have been resxreened.
All others - Customs and Immigration control points, security if connecting onwards.

All of this has an impact on departures too, as ID requirements differ for domestic, CTA and International departures. Previously domestic/international passengers were kept entirely separate, not Heathrow takes photos to ensure that the passengers checked in as domestic actually board and don’t enter the U.K. illegally.

8herveg wrote:

Aer Lingus
Aurigny
British Airways
EasyJet
Flybe
Iberia Express
Loganair
Vueling

I think easyJet will have around 17 based aircraft at MAN next summer. I think that alone would fill T3 to the rafters! Without easyJet this arrangement would pretty much return T3 to its “original” use. There are rumours that BA, AA and the rest will go to the TP. The evidence is weak, mainly because BA haven’t refurbished their lounge. Apparently FR will become the dominant airline at T3. They like the short taxy times.

Thanks, that's really helpful. Infrastructure wise then, does it/would it have quite an impact if they implemented Domestic flights into terminals that don't currently have it?

And do you know if T2 at MAN will implement Domestic flights?

User001

Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:44 am

BrianDromey wrote:

Manchester also has biometric images for domestic passengers so that intl/domestic pax can mix.

T2 will have a domestic arrivals point and BA/EI/AA etc will all be in T2.

It’s also been confirmed Easyjet will be in T2.

LovePlanes74

Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:01 am

Hi guys, first time poster, although lurking for ages. Had to post as recently flew from MAN and have to say the changes cant come soon enough, check in and security at T2 were awful. Used to love flying from MAN, hope it gets back there soon

Scottiedog

Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:53 am

Various rumours are doing the 'rounds' including Star Alliance.

BrianDromey

Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:17 pm

Current T3 tenants are
AF/KL, BA/IB/VY, BE, BM, FR, LM.

FR wouldn't be a bad long-term tenant for T3. As is stands they have 12 aircraft and a fair bit of away based flying too, so the peaks and toughs would be much less than today. T3 would be relatively palatable as the FR terminal. Currently it is not planned to do much with T3 - only a reconfiguration has been mentioned. If T3 was to be mainly or solely FR, much of the check-in hall could be reconfigured as a larger security area with a better passenger route through the terminal. Or more likely refitted as airside shops...

User001

Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:27 pm

Air Canada Rouge will increase from 5 weekly to daily next summer. At a time there are a lot of cut backs on many other U.K. regional flights, it’s reassuring to see continued growth especially on long haul.

User001

Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:18 am

Qatar Airways further increases Manchester flights by adding a B77W to the afternoon flight instead of A359.

Overall this winter, the A359 operates in the morning, a B77W on the afternoon and B788 on the evening flight. They seem to have added a fair bit of capacity to Manchester lately.

DELTA711

Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:22 am

User001 wrote:
Qatar Airways further increases Manchester flights by adding a B77W to the afternoon flight instead of A359.

Overall this winter, the A359 operates in the morning, a B77W on the afternoon and B788 on the evening flight. They seem to have added a fair bit of capacity to Manchester lately.

Aww... I'm booked MAN - PER with QR on the afternoon flight in Feb 2019 and was looking forward to trying the A350 for the first time... just checked online and yeah the aircraft now shows 777-300ER... Oh well...

8herveg

Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:27 am

Re. the 'new T2', how many piers will it have now? Didn't it change from the original plan? What is the reason?

Also, does anyone know where Flybe will be based with the new plans? I would have thought remaining in T3 since it's better suited to smaller/regional aircraft....the 'new T2' gates seem to be more for widebody and A32X/B737 aircraft I believe?

Fiend

Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:34 am

User001 wrote:

It's also been announced that Qatar plan to increase MAN flights from 18 to 21 weekly effective 22nd May 2019,
BAC 1-11, A300, A320, A321, A330, A340, A350, A380, B737, B747, B757, B777, B787, L1011, Fokker 100, ATR 72, MD83

DobboDobbo
Topic Author

Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:09 pm

8herveg wrote:
Re. the 'new T2', how many piers will it have now? Didn't it change from the original plan? What is the reason?

Also, does anyone know where Flybe will be based with the new plans? I would have thought remaining in T3 since it's better suited to smaller/regional aircraft....the 'new T2' gates seem to be more for widebody and A32X/B737 aircraft I believe?

The current plans are to have 3 new piers:

Pier 1, is the one currently being built, and most of these stands are for code C aircraft (with some code D/E stands. It is rumoured that the LH group will be the first to use this pier.

Pier 2, adjacent to pier 1, will be the third pier to be built. I don't know which airlines are supposed to use this pier, but current designs indicate it is a "stub" half length pier. The full build out of which may depend on USPC, and that has been on the back burner for some time. Given that it is the most visible, I'm slightly surprised it hasn't followed the same template as pier 3 (see below).

Pier 3, is the second pier to be built. I suspect construction will start fairly swiftly after pier 1 is completed and the new terminal building is open. This pier is double height (i.e. 4
Floors - ground level, arrivals, departures, lounges) and (I think) slightly wider than pier 1, with lounges on the upper deck. This has 3 code F capable gates, and we can infer the likes of EK, EY, QR, SQ, CX will use this pier.

Pier 4 was intended to replace the old satellite of T1, but has been removed from the current scope of the TP project (presumably for budgetary reasons). The existing satellite pier will continue to be used (I suppose by TCX). The TP is supposed to be a rolling Programme, so this may be forthcoming post-2024.

My guess is that BE will continue in T3 until after at least Pier 4 is constructed but we don't know whether BE will even be around in its current form in 10 years so that may never come to pass.

GRJGeorge

Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:36 pm

Will Thomas Cook be operating some MAN-CPT flights again this upcoming season?

8herveg

Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:36 pm

DobboDobbo wrote:
8herveg wrote:

Pier 1, is the one currently being built, and most of these stands are for code C aircraft (with some code D/E stands. It is rumoured that the LH group will be the first to use this pier.

Pier 2, adjacent to pier 1, will be the third pier to be built. I don't know which airlines are supposed to use this pier, but current designs indicate it is a "stub" half length pier. The full build out of which may depend on USPC, and that has been on the back burner for some time. Given that it is the most visible, I'm slightly surprised it hasn't followed the same template as pier 3 (see below).

Pier 3, is the second pier to be built. I suspect construction will start fairly swiftly after pier 1 is completed and the new terminal building is open. This pier is double height (i.e. 4
Floors - ground level, arrivals, departures, lounges) and (I think) slightly wider than pier 1, with lounges on the upper deck. This has 3 code F capable gates, and we can infer the likes of EK, EY, QR, SQ, CX will use this pier.

Pier 4 was intended to replace the old satellite of T1, but has been removed from the current scope of the TP project (presumably for budgetary reasons). The existing satellite pier will continue to be used (I suppose by TCX). The TP is supposed to be a rolling Programme, so this may be forthcoming post-2024.

My guess is that BE will continue in T3 until after at least Pier 4 is constructed but we don't know whether BE will even be around in its current form in 10 years so that may never come to pass.

Thanks for the detailed response - really helpful. Can I ask, what is USPC?

But also, on this website - http://mantp.co.uk/gallery/ - there are two separate videos which show an overview of what MAN will look like, but there are two different designs for T2. The video further down the page shows 3 piers, whereas the most recent video shows 2 piers (no Pier 2). Which one is it going to be??

Can you also explain the 'code' aircraft letters please?

Many thanks

Dispatcher9999

Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:55 pm

8herveg wrote:
DobboDobbo wrote:
8herveg wrote:

But also, on this website - http://mantp.co.uk/gallery/ - there are two separate videos which show an overview of what MAN will look like, but there are two different designs for T2. The video further down the page shows 3 piers, whereas the most recent video shows 2 piers (no Pier 2). Which one is it going to be??

Many thanks

I was wondering the same, there are two different lay outs. One with T1 C-pier still constructed and one without (I hope it goes), also the piers on T2 are different in each video. I do have the two different layouts saved but don't know how to attach an image without using a photo sharing site :?: :?:

Dispatcher9999

Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:13 pm

Incorrect
Last edited by Dispatcher9999 on Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User001

Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:32 pm

The CPT flights won’t run this winter. The charters will operate to CMB/MRU instead.

8herveg

Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:29 pm

What flights do Eurowings operate to/from MAN? On Wikipedia (I know, I know!), it says Cologne, Dusseldorf and Hamburg. On the Eurowings website, you can book the Dusseldorf flights (3 x daily), but Cologne doesn't even show up on the destinations list (even though it's a huge base for Eurowings) and Hamburg flies you there via Dusseldorf.

Confused...

DobboDobbo
Topic Author

Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:18 pm

8herveg wrote:
DobboDobbo wrote:
8herveg wrote:

Many thanks

No problem.

USPC = United States Pre-Clearance, the same system as in DUB. Means you arrive in the US as a domestic passenger (the advantage being onward connections are far easier).

For questions on the evolution of the TP - please see the link below.

https://mediacentre.manchesterairport.c ... on-of-man/

For explanation of aircraft coding, see the link below.

http://www.boeing.com/assets/pdf/commer ... ngroup.pdf

8herveg

Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:30 pm

DobboDobbo wrote:
8herveg wrote:
DobboDobbo wrote:

Many thanks

No problem.

USPC = United States Pre-Clearance, the same system as in DUB. Means you arrive in the US as a domestic passenger (the advantage being onward connections are far easier).

For questions on the evolution of the TP - please see the link below.

https://mediacentre.manchesterairport.c ... on-of-man/

For explanation of aircraft coding, see the link below.

http://www.boeing.com/assets/pdf/commer ... ngroup.pdf

Thank you! USPC - yes, of course!

DobboDobbo
Topic Author

Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:01 am

User001 wrote:
Air Canada Rouge will increase from 5 weekly to daily next summer. At a time there are a lot of cut backs on many other U.K. regional flights, it’s reassuring to see continued growth especially on long haul.

Routesonline slightly behind the curve on this one (see link below).

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... f-10oct18/

DobboDobbo
Topic Author

Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:03 am

Emirates creeping towards the point of an additional rotation at MAN. Now, 2 of the 3 daily A388's are 2 class models.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... -dec-2018/

DobboDobbo
Topic Author

Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:05 am

User001 wrote:
The CPT flights won’t run this winter. The charters will operate to CMB/MRU instead.

No doubt a result of Ethiopian's presence from December this year. It will be interesting to see how they get on - the BRU stop will make it harder to be time competitive with the MEB3 to many places in Africa but I believe there are plans to change this arrangement in time.

8herveg

Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:41 am

DobboDobbo wrote:
Emirates creeping towards the point of an additional rotation at MAN. Now, 2 of the 3 daily A388's are 2 class models.

More capacity, but less F seats overall. Now only 1 flight out of the 3 x daily will have F Class.

On a side note, why do EK have 5 different variations of the 3-class A380's? All of them have 14 F and 76 J, but either 399, 401, 426, 427 or 429 Y. That's quite a difference in some cases. What's the reason and how is the layout that different? What's been put in place of the missing Y seats? Extra gallery, extra bar?

Thanks

BrianDromey

Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:38 am

8herveg wrote:
On a side note, why do EK have 5 different variations of the 3-class A380's? All of them have 14 F and 76 J, but either 399, 401, 426, 427 or 429 Y. That's quite a difference in some cases. What's the reason and how is the layout that different? What's been put in place of the missing Y seats? Extra gallery, extra bar?

Thanks

The difference in seat count has because of the positioning of crew rest bunks and small modifications to galley/toilet positions with later deliveries. I believe that some A380s have on-deck rest compartments, some below-deck and some none at all, depending on how far EK flies them. There is a detailed post somewhere, but I can't find it. The 77W fleet has equally numerous configurations, for similar reasons.

MANMatthew

Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:39 pm

8herveg wrote:
DobboDobbo wrote:

More capacity, but less F seats overall. Now only 1 flight out of the 3 x daily will have F Class.

Thanks

Does this mean there is only 1 flight that offers F from MAN now? Everyone else operates 2 class or 3 class with PE don’t they?

Armodeen

Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:42 pm

Yes that is correct, only 1 daily rotation with F. No other airlines fly F since SQ switched to the A350.

MANMatthew wrote:
8herveg wrote:
DobboDobbo wrote:

Thanks

Does this mean there is only 1 flight that offers F from MAN now? Everyone else operates 2 class or 3 class with PE don’t they?

DobboDobbo
Topic Author

Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:47 pm

Some interesting route development notes have been published by the consultative committee. The report is by MAN's Chief Operating Officer.

The date of the report is 13 July 2018 (I say this because some of the information has been superseded and/or is out of date e.g. they refer to Primera who are in liquidation).

See link below, starts at page 47.

https://live-webadmin-media.s3.amazonaw ... h-macc.pdf

What I think is new information is summarised below:

Jet2 are adding 300,000 new seats for S19, with two extra aircraft - there will be two based A330s and 2.8m seats on sale in total.

Hainan - the Beijing route continues to be a success (despite being scaled back from last year) and HU are in it for the "long haul". In addition to the proposed route to Guangzhou, they are also considering a route to Shanghai (if they can acquire the rights to it).

Thai Airways - sent a delegation to MAN in June, including the acting president. Apparently, they left with a "very positive view" and were "impressed with the scale of the opportunity". It sounds like this is headed in the right direction.

Singapore Airlines - have held a commercial review of SIN-MAN-IAH, which is apparently performing well and significantly ahead of Moscow, where this transit option was previously located. SQ is looking at several scenarios which could deliver passenger growth - and a few options are on the table.

WestJet - the MAN team had a meeting at WestJet HQ in Calgary. Apparently, MAN was "firmly within their shortlist" for the recent 787 routes (which we now know went elsewhere).

At Routes Europe, MAN met with a number of, primarily, existing carriers. This includes "Iberia Express" and "British Airways". I assume they mean "BA" as opposed to "BACF". If so, I don't see what they really have to discuss, other than the future of the (declining) LHR shuttle.

At "Slots Conference 2018", MAN spoke to a number of prospective airline customers. Excluding those mentioned above, this included LOT (who applied for double daily slots recently), Malaysian (who last served MAN over a decade ago), Biman Bangladesh (who seen intent on using MAN as a transit to JFK again), Kuwait (another possible standalone or JFK transit stop), Air China (holders of rights between MAN-PVG) and China Southern.

Who knows if any of this goes anywhere, and I doubt this is the complete picture. I'm sure some of the more commercially sensitive material is ignored in these summaries.

DobboDobbo
Topic Author

Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:34 am

Manchester: September 2018 Stats

Rolling 12 month total

September 2018 total

September 2018 % change year on year
-1.1%

With the demise of Monarch now worked through the system, it is reasonable to expect a return to decent single figure growth moving forwards.

The possible clouds on the horizon are BE's financial position and that of Jet Airways (the latter being an imminent addition).

sand26391

Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:11 am

DobboDobbo wrote:
Manchester: September 2018 Stats

Rolling 12 month total

September 2018 total

September 2018 % change year on year
-1.1%

With the demise of Monarch now worked through the system, it is reasonable to expect a return to decent single figure growth moving forwards.

The possible clouds on the horizon are BE's financial position and that of Jet Airways (the latter being an imminent addition).

Where can I see these stats for the previous months? :-)

David_itl

Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:46 am

Jet2 announced a 10% increases in capacity for winter 2019/2020 with Antalya and Paphos becoming year-round destinations.

http://aboutmanchester.co.uk/jet2-com-and-jet2holidays-announces-winter-sun-wonderland-from-manchester-airport/

Channex757

Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:05 am

Noticed yesterday one of the VS A332s off to China on a positioning flight (IIRC it was to Xiamen) for a winter tickle up and a brand new, more VS-compliant interior.

Another bit of interesting fleet news is that our resident TCX is leasing three A332s from Air Transat this winter. The interesting bit is that they are to go onto the UK register and be used to fly for Condor. Might be that TCX is expanding the A330 flying for DE in preparation for a joint A339NEO order

TurnaroudUK

Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:52 pm

Does anyone know with the MAN TP project if the new piers are going to have 1 or 2 airbridges for the widebodied aircraft?

Scottiedog

Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:40 pm

I don't know for certain, however I wouldn't imagine any airport building A380 stands with only a single airbridge.

I don't recall when I last did an update on the MANTP project, so here you are:

We are now up to Issue 63 of PlaneTalk's updates on MANTP, to whom full credit is given. Please do not copy to any other Forums or threads.

Wording is: Pier & Link - Floor Finishes Progressing
Looking at the photo I believe, although I'm happy to be corrected, that this view may be looking towards the end of Pier 1.

Is this really the Link Corridor? I ask because there is no sign of a travelator, which I believe was to be installed. Where ever it is there appears to be a considerable walk involved.

The fan in the background looks like the one that "Our Friend" provided an individual photo of.

Fantastic to see the amount of glass in the new airbridges

DobboDobbo
Topic Author

Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:53 pm

TurnaroudUK wrote:
Does anyone know with the MAN TP project if the new piers are going to have 1 or 2 airbridges for the widebodied aircraft?

I don't believe any of the stands on pier 1 (currently under construction) are any more than single airbridges. I don't know the configuration for pier 2, but for pier 3 at least 2, possibly three, of the stands are double airbridges (the Code F stands).

This strikes me as relatively low, as a number of stands in the current T1 are double airbridges.

P.s. Hope the message landed, wasn't clear to me that it did.

Cunard

Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:28 am

It's great to see that Manchester Airport has gone with glass enclosed AirBridges compared to the majority of the AirBridges installed at other airports within the United Kingdom that tend to be the fully enclosed version as we've recently seen at Edinburgh.

When LHR Terminal 2 was initially being built I at least expected to see glass AirBridges installed on what is a very modern structure so I'm very pleased that Manchester Airport has taken the choice and have selected in installing glass enclosed AirBridges.

I do have a question,

With the extensive transformation of the Terminal 2 both airside and land side is the rather ugly concrete being covered so that it blends in with the new terminal extension otherwise it's not going to look to good if it's not the case.
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.

DobboDobbo
Topic Author

Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:19 pm

Cunard wrote:
It's great to see that Manchester Airport has gone with glass enclosed AirBridges compared to the majority of the AirBridges installed at other airports within the United Kingdom that tend to be the fully enclosed version as we've recently seen at Edinburgh.

When LHR Terminal 2 was initially being built I at least expected to see glass AirBridges installed on what is a very modern structure so I'm very pleased that Manchester Airport has taken the choice and have selected in installing glass enclosed AirBridges.

I do have a question,

With the extensive transformation of the Terminal 2 both airside and land side is the rather ugly concrete being covered so that it blends in with the new terminal extension otherwise it's not going to look to good if it's not the case.

I think the glass airbridges was a good decision, but the overall level of glass on the terminal and pier is questionable.

For example, the airbridges is glass, but the bridge the the pepper pot and the pepper pot have no glass in them, so some of the benefit of having a glass airbridges is lost. Also, the amount of glass on the new terminal building is not yet known, but it looks okay.

Regarding the existing terminal building, MAN have said that it will be refurbished but I've not seen any detail about what that actually means. Presumably it will be internally reconfigured, but I'd be pleasantly surprised if it had an external facelift to match the new building.

TurnaroudUK

Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:30 pm

I agree the lack of glass in the terminal is questionable I do worry about lack of natural light especially in the areas connecting to the piers, it looks very minimal. Heres hoping that something is pulled out of the bag.
The other concern I have is how are buggies and gate bags going to get to ramp level. From experience airlines are seeing increasing amounts of gate luggage especially on city destinatons. A helter skelter would be ideal at the bottom of the airbridge or a chute from the boarding gates like at some LHR gates in T3.
I hope that airlines were consulted on practical designs because they could learn from some of the flaws LHR T2 has, great PAX experience but for staff the distances for a turnaround are woeful.

Regarding the existing terminal building, MAN have said that it will be refurbished but I've not seen any detail about what that actually means. Presumably it will be internally reconfigured, but I'd be pleasantly surprised if it had an external facelift to match the new building.

David_itl

Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:36 pm

in the late 1980s, the local aviation enthusiast society magazine had a Q and A interview with BA with one of the questions being about a Tokyo service where they said the known demand wasn't viable for operations It seems around 30 years later, it could go from extreme wishful thinking to being an outside chance of it occurring,

JAL (Japan Airlines) met our network team to lay the foundations for a long-term plan to secure a Tokyo service. We know that such a service is unlikely in the next two years, but it is important to position ourselves correctly as the Airline look to grow international services. Forecasts show very strong passenger demand for connectivity between Manchester and Tokyo, over the next five years. We need to harness this growth and continue our discussions. JAL showed a considerable level of interest and underlined that they saw Manchester as an Airport for their mainline product rather than their newly launched Low-Cost Carrier

ANA (All Nippon Airways) also met with the network team to discuss the Manchester opportunity and again, like JAL they showed a good level of interest. ANA believe that the additional capacity, which is being added to Narita and Haneda airports, brings with it opportunities for services to airports such as Manchester.

To be found on page 37 of the latest airport consultative committee meeting: https://live-webadmin-media.s3.amazonaws.com/media/4211/october-2018-19th-macc.pdf

it's hard not to imagine when T2 is fully developed that MAN's destinations in Asia would be Delhi, Mumbai, Dhaka, Islamabad, Lahore, Hong Kong, Beijing, Guangzhou, Shanghai, Tokyo, Bangkok and Seoul. Compare that to 4 years ago when it was just Islamabad and Lahore.

User001

Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:37 am

JAL showed a considerable level of interest and underlined that they saw Manchester as an Airport for their mainline product rather than their newly launched Low-Cost Carrier

I think this is the interesting quote to take away from the news too. Often we are reminded by people (and often those who don’t actually know MAN and it’s catchment), that it is almost a ‘yield wasteground’ and how inferior we are to other airports in our area.

Yet here we are, with what is considered quite a premium airline, telling us that if they were to serve MAN, they would rather use their mainline product over a potential new low cost product (ergo, more premium) over a very long flight sector.

Just shows more education is needed.

Mullion

Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:45 am

The more the tech industries grow in Manchester( which are growing at a very rapid rate and of interest taking business away from London) the more likely we are to get the Asian business carriers with premium seats. Just to add 1.5million sq feet of office space to be added this year alone many of the largest tech companies opening substantial offices (Hut Group HQ, Tech and web production upto 10,000 jobs with 2000 in next 2 years, Google, GCHQ, and lastest Amazon Tech 600 jobs to name 4 biggies)

sand26391

Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:56 am

Hi, where can I access the traffic stats for MAN in 2017 & 2018?

MancMAN

Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:38 am

Man stats,,,,, try caa website, click airport data ,it’s all there cheers
Last edited by MancMAN on Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

MancMAN

Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:39 am

MancMAN wrote:
Man stats,,,,, try caa website, click airport data ,it’s all there cheers

David_itl

Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:10 pm

Today's "when is someone going to fly MAN-BKK" article. This one from Anna Aero who have outlined the top 20 routes for passengers connecting onto other cities. This is the only route that features for all 3 airlines, and it the only city that the flow from MAN to wherever is noted in the top 20 for all 3 airline.

EK carried 52,571 passengers
QR carried 33,936 passengers
EY carried 27,950 passengers

Market size: it states just under 150,000 passengers flowm in 2017

Market share: EK 34% QR 23%, EY 19%, WY 5.7%, KL 3.3%, BA 2.9% and TK just 1,9%

https://www.anna.aero/2018/10/24/meb3-carriers-leading-airport-pairs-via-hubs/

Scottiedog

Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:32 pm

Today is Saturday which must mean that it's time for an update from PlaneTalk - to whom full credit is given. Please do not copy to any other forum or thread.

Part 1

Although not included in my previous reports there has been considerable work being undertaken within the outward baggage hall.

Cunard

Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:26 am

David_itl wrote:
in the late 1980s, the local aviation enthusiast society magazine had a Q and A interview with BA with one of the questions being about a Tokyo service where they said the known demand wasn't viable for operations It seems around 30 years later, it could go from extreme wishful thinking to being an outside chance of it occurring,

JAL (Japan Airlines) met our network team to lay the foundations for a long-term plan to secure a Tokyo service. We know that such a service is unlikely in the next two years, but it is important to position ourselves correctly as the Airline look to grow international services. Forecasts show very strong passenger demand for connectivity between Manchester and Tokyo, over the next five years. We need to harness this growth and continue our discussions. JAL showed a considerable level of interest and underlined that they saw Manchester as an Airport for their mainline product rather than their newly launched Low-Cost Carrier

ANA (All Nippon Airways) also met with the network team to discuss the Manchester opportunity and again, like JAL they showed a good level of interest. ANA believe that the additional capacity, which is being added to Narita and Haneda airports, brings with it opportunities for services to airports such as Manchester.

To be found on page 37 of the latest airport consultative committee meeting: https://live-webadmin-media.s3.amazonaws.com/media/4211/october-2018-19th-macc.pdf

it's hard not to imagine when T2 is fully developed that MAN's destinations in Asia would be Delhi, Mumbai, Dhaka, Islamabad, Lahore, Hong Kong, Beijing, Guangzhou, Shanghai, Tokyo, Bangkok and Seoul. Compare that to 4 years ago when it was just Islamabad and Lahore.

You missed out Singapore which has operated for many years now :-)

And if you include the Middle East considering that it's also part of Asia you can include the following destinations,

Abu Dhabi, Baghdad, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Muscat, Tel Aviv.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos