Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

guyanam

Re: Why don't any US carriers fly to Guyana?

Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:46 pm

skystar767 wrote:
18:00 departure from MIA to GEO is not a good time. Arriving at 23:40 is a very bad time. Guyanese don’t like arriving to GEO at that time. Guyanese like to arrive in the morning so they can have a running start for business and driving home In the day light. Some people have to drive 2-3 hrs and driving at night in guyana bandits will hold up cars on the road. AA really need to rethink the arrival time for that flight to work.

Existing MIA flights all arrive in the evening so people work with what they have. The morning arrivals are the JFK and YYZ ones. T&T also has the same crime problems as does Guyana and yet AA runs an evening flight.

GEO is also too far to allow a morning MIA departure with a return arriving at a decent hour. MIA only works with feed. I doubt that there is as heavy northbound travel into SoFL from GEO that one will see out of POS or even BGI. AA isn't going to overnight a crew in GEO.

GUYAIR707

Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:19 am

skystar767 wrote:
18:00 departure from MIA to GEO is not a good time. Arriving at 23:40 is a very bad time. Guyanese don’t like arriving to GEO at that time. Guyanese like to arrive in the morning so they can have a running start for business and driving home In the day light. Some people have to drive 2-3 hrs and driving at night in guyana bandits will hold up cars on the road. AA really need to rethink the arrival time for that flight to work.

I flew on BW from MIA a late March and the flight was full with MIA and connecting pax in POS. No one seemed to mind the arrival time. I am sure some people do but you can’t please all the people all the time. There is the risk of bandits following you home but I travel virtually every month and it’s never happened to me. I wouldn’t say it can’t but as anywhere you have to be aware and vigilant.

GUYAIR707

Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:28 am

gunnerman wrote:
If Guyanese don't like the schedule, they have got alternatives: PY (three times a week, two arriving at 2200, one at 2245) and BW (daily one-stop via POS arriving 2150). And if these alternatives still don't look that good, well that's just the way it is. Guyana is a small market, so no airline is going to fly nice schedules for passengers when they are looking to keep costs low by working their aircraft and crews hard.

It is estimated after March 2020 there will be 200,000 expats in Guyana because of oil and gas so hang tight we may eventually have “nice” schedules. In the meantime we’ll take what we can get.

GUYAIR707

Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:34 am

With the United Airlines BGI-EWR seasonal service, I will be flying LI to BGI and connect with that flight later this month. OGL is a sweet option as I can get there 1 hour prior to departure compared to GEOs 3 hours.

GUYAIR707

Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:41 am

Apologies I meant JetBlue BGI-EWR.

guyanam

Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:18 pm

GUYAIR707 wrote:
skystar767 wrote:

I flew on BW from MIA a late March and the flight was full with MIA and connecting pax in POS. No one seemed to mind the arrival time. I am sure some people do but you can’t please all the people all the time. There is the risk of bandits following you home but I travel virtually every month and it’s never happened to me. I wouldn’t say it can’t but as anywhere you have to be aware and vigilant.

Doubt that AA can do better with its GEO unless they decide to have an mid afternoon arrival and then overnight the plane in GEO. MIA thrives on connections, unlike YYZ and JFK which are mainly O&D.

Guyair what % of the MIA passengers disembarked at POS? Were the ones continuing onto GEO mainly Guyanese or expats?

GUYAIR707

Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:29 am

guyanam wrote:
GUYAIR707 wrote:
skystar767 wrote:

Doubt that AA can do better with its GEO unless they decide to have an mid afternoon arrival and then overnight the plane in GEO. MIA thrives on connections, unlike YYZ and JFK which are mainly O&D.

Guyair what % of the MIA passengers disembarked at POS? Were the ones continuing onto GEO mainly Guyanese or expats?

The flight was 80% full from MIA. About 2/3 (66%) came off in POS and then the flight was full to capacity to GEO. Appeared mostly Guyanese but more expats than I usually see. I would say about 5-10% expats. Will let you know about Liat next week.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos