Airstud
Topic Author
Posts: 4680
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2000 11:57 am

The correct vintage video game

Sun May 27, 2018 2:17 am

is Parsec, for the TI 99/4A.
Pancakes are delicious.
 
jetero
Posts: 4457
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The correct vintage video game

Sun May 27, 2018 3:59 am

I have no idea what that is except I think it’s a calculator.

Pitfall for me.
 
Freakysh
Posts: 502
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:49 am

Re: The correct vintage video game

Sun May 27, 2018 5:25 am

Airstud wrote:
is Parsec, for the TI 99/4A.


Gross
 
BlueberryWheats
Posts: 546
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:46 am

Re: The correct vintage video game

Sun May 27, 2018 5:41 am

Sonic the Hedgehog.

More specifically, Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for the Sega Megadrive.
 
User avatar
Francoflier
Posts: 4890
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2001 12:27 pm

Re: The correct vintage video game

Sun May 27, 2018 6:42 am

Can we seriously start talking about organizing an intervention for Airstud?
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.
 
Airstud
Topic Author
Posts: 4680
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2000 11:57 am

Re: The correct vintage video game

Sun May 27, 2018 7:01 am

jetero wrote:
I have no idea what that is except I think it’s a calculator.

Pitfall for me.


I played Pitfall quite a bit except the truth is it gets to be a little plodding. Parsec - and a great many other games - have a difficulty curve that Pitfall lacks.

Also I didn't get why Pitfall Harry had long sleeves on. Seemed like maybe he should've been more of a loin cloth type person.


We enjoyed a lot of Activision's games for Atari 2600, mainly that one, "Skiing," and "Freeway." It always frustrated me that I could never get my hands on "Vanguard;" always wanted to try that one.
Pancakes are delicious.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 9396
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: The correct vintage video game

Sun May 27, 2018 7:19 am

Lunar Lander
Battle Zone
Tempest
Joust

Francoflier wrote:
Can we seriously start talking about organizing an intervention for Airstud?

Vastly better than the political battles that fly here.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin
 
BlueberryWheats
Posts: 546
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:46 am

Re: The correct vintage video game

Sun May 27, 2018 4:02 pm

Tugger wrote:

Francoflier wrote:
Can we seriously start talking about organizing an intervention for Airstud?

Vastly better than the political battles that fly here.

Tugg


Agreed. On here we get a new thread every time Trump so much as farts. I'm not American and I do not live in the United States so I'm sick of hearing about him. It's nice to have these light hearted Airstud threads purely to have something different to read.

And i would like to amend my previous post and give Tetris an honourable mention.
 
petertenthije
Posts: 3732
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2001 10:00 pm

Re: The correct vintage video game

Sun May 27, 2018 5:51 pm

I miss the real time strategy games. Someone should really work on a new version of Command & Conquer or Dune 2000.
Attamottamotta!
 
BlueberryWheats
Posts: 546
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:46 am

Re: The correct vintage video game

Sun May 27, 2018 5:58 pm

petertenthije wrote:
I miss the real time strategy games. Someone should really work on a new version of Command & Conquer or Dune 2000.


This.

A new version of Command & Conquer Red Alert or Generals would be amazing. Although I find that Civilization V keeps me going for now (although it's turn based).

Was anyone else here a massive fan on Theme Hospital back in the 90's? There's a game being released at some point this year that will basically be a modernised version, complete with silly ailments. Look up Two Point Hospital.
 
jetwet1
Posts: 2908
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:42 am

Re: The correct vintage video game

Sun May 27, 2018 7:35 pm

Real vintage, Elite.

Not so vintage, Defender
 
User avatar
fr8mech
Posts: 7733
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:00 am

Re: The correct vintage video game

Sun May 27, 2018 11:02 pm

Zaxxon for ColecoVision.
When seconds count...the police are minutes away.
Unless it's expressly prohibited, it's allowed.
You are not entitled to a public safe space.
Ego Bibere Capulus, Ut Aliis Sit Vivere
 
User avatar
TheFlyingDisk
Posts: 1842
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:43 pm

Re: The correct vintage video game

Sun May 27, 2018 11:56 pm

petertenthije wrote:
I miss the real time strategy games. Someone should really work on a new version of Command & Conquer or Dune 2000.


They should make a Command & Conquer version with real life leaders. Play as Trump or Putin!
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO
 
Airstud
Topic Author
Posts: 4680
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2000 11:57 am

Re: The correct vintage video game

Mon May 28, 2018 12:32 am

TheFlyingDisk wrote:
Trump or Putin!


Not.

On.

This.

Thread.
Pancakes are delicious.
 
User avatar
Jouhou
Posts: 1967
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 4:16 am

Re: The correct vintage video game

Mon May 28, 2018 1:38 am

BlueberryWheats wrote:
Tugger wrote:

Francoflier wrote:
Can we seriously start talking about organizing an intervention for Airstud?

Vastly better than the political battles that fly here.

Tugg


Agreed. On here we get a new thread every time Trump so much as farts. I'm not American and I do not live in the United States so I'm sick of hearing about him. It's nice to have these light hearted Airstud threads purely to have something different to read.

And i would like to amend my previous post and give Tetris an honourable mention.


However, I'm still considering eating you even if you aren't rich in vitamin A.

Also, chrono trigger.
 
BlueberryWheats
Posts: 546
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:46 am

Re: The correct vintage video game

Mon May 28, 2018 7:41 am

Jouhou wrote:

However, I'm still considering eating you even if you aren't rich in vitamin A.

Also, chrono trigger.


Image

THPP THPP THPP THPP!
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 8690
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: The correct vintage video game

Mon May 28, 2018 7:53 am

Elite, AH-64 Gunship, Revs later Doom.
 
User avatar
2707200X
Posts: 6324
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:31 am

Re: The correct vintage video game

Mon May 28, 2018 9:43 am

From Atari 2600 Pitfall and Pole Position

From NES besides the Mario franchise I like Zelda 1, Metroid, Duck Tales, Kid Icarus, Mega Man series, Castlevania, and Final Fantasy
"And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by." John Masefield Sea-Fever
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9232
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: The correct vintage video game

Mon May 28, 2018 11:52 am

Pong
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
Grizzly410
Posts: 220
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 8:38 pm

Re: The correct vintage video game

Mon May 28, 2018 12:46 pm

BlueberryWheats wrote:
Was anyone else here a massive fan on Theme Hospital back in the 90's? There's a game being released at some point this year that will basically be a modernised version, complete with silly ailments. Look up Two Point Hospital.

Huge Theme Hospital fan here ! :bigthumbsup:
And now looking forward for this Two Point Hospital, I'm afraid it will disappoint me but will gladly give it a try :bouncy:
In order to be old and wise, one must first be young and dumb.
 
User avatar
ER757
Posts: 3490
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 10:16 am

Re: The correct vintage video game

Mon May 28, 2018 5:03 pm

Way back in the 80's I had Mattel's Intellivision - was better than the Atari 2600 by far. They eventually came out with a voice module which was revolutionary at the time and there were a couple great games for that - B-17 Bomber was the best one, but there were a couple others that I don't recall the name of. One was a replica of the final battle scene in the first Star Wars movie but it wasn't licensed by Lucas so they couldn't call it Star Wars.
There were also some excellent games put out by other companies such as Activision (and yes, Pitfall was great) - my favorite was one called Microsurgeon which was based on the movie Fantastic Voyage
 
chimborazo
Posts: 239
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:51 pm

Re: The correct vintage video game

Mon May 28, 2018 5:45 pm

Wizards and warriors... obvs
 
User avatar
Revelation
Posts: 21362
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:37 pm

Re: The correct vintage video game

Tue May 29, 2018 3:37 pm

NES Ice Hockey.

https://redrobotblog.wordpress.com/2011 ... ce-hockey/

"This is one of those games that knew how to make competitive play fun. The controls were good, the gameplay was balanced and the AI for your teammates was damned good for the time."
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own
 
vikkyvik
Posts: 12490
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2003 1:58 pm

Re: The correct vintage video game

Tue May 29, 2018 3:57 pm

For NES:
Tecmo Super Bowl
RBI Baseball 2

For Sega:
NHL '95 (I think it was 95)
NBA Jam

For computer:
Space Quest
Gunship 2000
X-Wing
TIE Fighter
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".
 
cledaybuck
Posts: 1535
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:07 pm

Re: The correct vintage video game

Tue May 29, 2018 4:05 pm

Tecmo Super Bowl or Baseball Stars
As we celebrate mediocrity, all the boys upstairs want to see, how much you'll pay for what you used to get for free.
 
desertjets
Posts: 7693
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2000 3:12 pm

Re: The correct vintage video game

Tue May 29, 2018 5:19 pm

Ms. Pac Man on the Atari 7800.
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia
 
1989worstyear
Posts: 640
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:53 pm

Re: The correct vintage video game

Tue May 29, 2018 6:57 pm

BlueberryWheats wrote:
Sonic the Hedgehog.

More specifically, Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for the Sega Megadrive.



I wish I was born in the real '80s ('89 does not belong) so I could actually play these two games when they were first out - I was only about a year or two off for Sonic 3 :crying:

Damn lazy parents...
Stuck at age 15 thanks to the certification date of the A320-200 and my parents' decision to postpone having a kid by 3 years. At least there's Dignitas...
 
BlueberryWheats
Posts: 546
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:46 am

Re: The correct vintage video game

Tue May 29, 2018 7:17 pm

1989worstyear wrote:
BlueberryWheats wrote:
Sonic the Hedgehog.

More specifically, Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for the Sega Megadrive.



I wish I was born in the real '80s ('89 does not belong) so I could actually play these two games when they were first out - I was only about a year or two off for Sonic 3 :crying:

Damn lazy parents...


I've said it before, I'll say it again... you need help.
 
User avatar
northstardc4m
Posts: 3242
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2000 11:23 am

Re: The correct vintage video game

Wed May 30, 2018 12:59 am

No love for Looping on the Colecovision in here? That was my first airplane game!

Castle Adventure... can't leave that out!

And as an 8 year old I spent far too much time getting to know the Peter Gunn Theme playing Spyhunter
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
 
bhill
Posts: 1655
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2001 8:28 am

Re: The correct vintage video game

Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:33 pm

Duke Nukem...Atomic Edition!!!!

COME GET SOME!!!
Carpe Pices
 
User avatar
Revelation
Posts: 21362
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:37 pm

Re: The correct vintage video game

Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:04 pm

bhill wrote:
Duke Nukem...Atomic Edition!!!!

COME GET SOME!!!

I was all in when it came out.

Also was all in on Wolfenstein -> Doom -> Quake.

Did Half Life for a while but didn't find it as compelling.

And.. after that period, no video games for me.
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own
 
Airstud
Topic Author
Posts: 4680
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2000 11:57 am

Re: The correct vintage video game

Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:35 am

Airstud wrote:
jetero wrote:
I have no idea what that is except I think it’s a calculator.

Pitfall for me.


I played Pitfall quite a bit except the truth is it gets to be a little plodding. Parsec - and a great many other games - have a difficulty curve that Pitfall lacks.

Also I didn't get why Pitfall Harry had long sleeves on. Seemed like maybe he should've been more of a loin cloth type person.


We enjoyed a lot of Activision's games for Atari 2600, mainly that one, "Skiing," and "Freeway." It always frustrated me that I could never get my hands on "Vanguard;" always wanted to try that one.


I may have recently discovered that "Vanguard" for the Atari 2600 was actually not an Activision opus.

I had it somewhere in my head for these past 35 years that 'twas. :boggled:
Pancakes are delicious.
 
kellyon
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:17 am

Re: The correct vintage video game

Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:13 pm

Counter-Strike (CS) 1999. One of my fav games of all times. I play CS:GO currently. I found eSports platform at https://dreamteam.gg/csgo/players where I can find new players and create different tournaments. Now it's even more entertaining to play such games.
 
vikkyvik
Posts: 12490
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2003 1:58 pm

Re: The correct vintage video game

Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:43 pm

Revelation wrote:
Also was all in on Wolfenstein -> Doom -> Quake.


I was SOOOO excited the one time I flew Virgin America, and found they had Doom on the IFE. One of the more entertaining flights I've been on.
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aerlingus747, excc, GalaxyFlyer, NIKV69 and 51 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos