Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
gdg9
Topic Author
Posts: 1009
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:42 am

DFW Foreign Carrier Estimated September 2018 Loads

Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:47 pm

Here are the estimated load factors for the foreign carriers at DFW for September 2018. Interjet back to its usual half-empty/half-full planes (depending on your outlook)... Interesting that WOW dropped to 64% after being at 80, 91, 90 percent the prior three months. Icelandair mid 60s which is typical for them so far... wonder how things will shape out next year with Icelandair buying out WOW, certainly both carriers although operated separately won't both be at DFW? Japan Airlines at 86% after four months over 90% - they must be pleased with their return to DFW.

https://bit.ly/2JLe3pN
@dfwtower
 
4engines4lnghll
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:25 am

Re: DFW Foreign Carrier Estimated September 2018 Loads

Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:07 pm

LH still going strong. Anyone think they would've added MUC if AA didn't?
No surprise WOW stopped flights, 3 new carriers on one new route there was bound to be a loser.
4engines4lnghll
 
mfe777
Posts: 285
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:35 am

Re: DFW Foreign Carrier Estimated September 2018 Loads

Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:14 pm

September 2017 also saw big drops in LFs across the board, if you look at the statistics from Sept 2017. Seems like Sept is a weak month overall for DFW. I guess summer vacations are long over, student travel is done as the semesters are in full swing?

Another thing I have notice recently when planning international travel out of DFW.... Delta and partners are pricing very aggressively out of DFW. I mean downright cheap for international itineraries with stops in ATL, DTW, LAX, JFK, etc. This has to be hurting nonstop international out of DFW. Many destinations in Europe for $500-600 roundtrip. AA and OW seem to have responded and are matching prices now for the spring.
 
DFWAviator76
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:10 pm

Re: DFW Foreign Carrier Estimated September 2018 Loads

Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:03 pm

4engines4lnghll wrote:
LH still going strong. Anyone think they would've added MUC if AA didn't?

Possible, but unlikely. My guess is that LH figures it has Texas covered with nonstops to AUS, DFW, and IAH; I wonder if they have enough of the correct aircraft.

Plus, MUC traffic to the US is heavily concentrated on the coasts.
 
4engines4lnghll
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:25 am

Re: DFW Foreign Carrier Estimated September 2018 Loads

Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:21 am

DFWAviator76 wrote:
4engines4lnghll wrote:
LH still going strong. Anyone think they would've added MUC if AA didn't?

Possible, but unlikely. My guess is that LH figures it has Texas covered with nonstops to AUS, DFW, and IAH; I wonder if they have enough of the correct aircraft.

Plus, MUC traffic to the US is heavily concentrated on the coasts.


I hope MUC survives with AA. Maybe LH would upgage to A350?
4engines4lnghll
 
LH658
Posts: 1217
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:35 am

Re: DFW Foreign Carrier Estimated September 2018 Loads

Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:16 am

Lol Lufthansa is killing, their not going anywhere. They have been in DFW for I think 20 plus years. Though seeing them doing better than BA, EK, KE, and QR. Is quite impressive.
 
thomasphoto60
Posts: 3891
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2000 1:04 pm

Re: DFW Foreign Carrier Estimated September 2018 Loads

Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:31 am

LH658 wrote:
Lol Lufthansa is killing, their not going anywhere. They have been in DFW for I think 20 plus years. Though seeing them doing better than BA, EK, KE, and QR. Is quite impressive.

More like 30+ years, I believe they started DFW ops in the early 80s ( No doubt someone will correct me on this if I am wrong).
"Show me the Braniffs"
 
LH658
Posts: 1217
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:35 am

Re: DFW Foreign Carrier Estimated September 2018 Loads

Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:39 am

thomasphoto60 wrote:
LH658 wrote:
Lol Lufthansa is killing, their not going anywhere. They have been in DFW for I think 20 plus years. Though seeing them doing better than BA, EK, KE, and QR. Is quite impressive.

More like 30+ years, I believe they started DFW ops in the early 80s ( No doubt someone will correct me on this if I am wrong).


I think your right, cause they started IAH around the same time before.
 
thomasphoto60
Posts: 3891
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2000 1:04 pm

Re: DFW Foreign Carrier Estimated September 2018 Loads

Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:41 am

LH658 wrote:
thomasphoto60 wrote:
LH658 wrote:
Lol Lufthansa is killing, their not going anywhere. They have been in DFW for I think 20 plus years. Though seeing them doing better than BA, EK, KE, and QR. Is quite impressive.

More like 30+ years, I believe they started DFW ops in the early 80s ( No doubt someone will correct me on this if I am wrong).


I think your right, cause they started IAH around the same time before.


Yeah, I believe that IAH was started a few years later from what I was told (I was not living in Texas at the time).
"Show me the Braniffs"
 
DFWAviator76
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:10 pm

Re: DFW Foreign Carrier Estimated September 2018 Loads

Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:22 pm

thomasphoto60 wrote:
LH658 wrote:
thomasphoto60 wrote:
More like 30+ years, I believe they started DFW ops in the early 80s ( No doubt someone will correct me on this if I am wrong).


I think your right, cause they started IAH around the same time before.


Yeah, I believe that IAH was started a few years later from what I was told (I was not living in Texas at the time).


I think the original LH flight was routed FRA-DFW-IAH-DFW-FRA.

Later, they went to nonstop service to both DFW and IAH on certain days of the week, but retained the FRA-DFW-IAH routing on others.

Eventually, both DFW and IAH went nonstop.
 
Planes4you
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:35 pm

Re: DFW Foreign Carrier Estimated September 2018 Loads

Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:32 pm

4engines4lnghll wrote:
LH still going strong. Anyone think they would've added MUC if AA didn't?
No surprise WOW stopped flights, 3 new carriers on one new route there was bound to be a loser.



Wow didn’t stop the flight for now it’s still seasonal

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos