aerohottie

Re: New Zealand Aviation Thread - January 2019

Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:22 am

777ER wrote:
Andrensn wrote:
After the decision to replace the 772s is made, NZs next fleet decision will likely be to replace the Q300s. Probably the most likely option would be to acquire 20-23 more ATR-72-600s. However, would aquring 10-12 A220-100s be an alternative?

These A220s could operate:
CHC to ZQN, DUD, IVC, PMR, WLG
WLG to ZQN, DUD, IVC
AKL to DUD, IVC, PMR, NPE
And perhaps allow NZ to open AKL to CBR, HBA, NCL, TSV to connect to North American widebodies.

The ATR-72-600s that would be freed up could then operate existing Q300 routes.

The A220 would fill the massive gap between the 68 seater ATRs and the 171 seater A320s, allowing NZ to grow smaller trunk and larger provincial routes easily.

Thoughts?

Wouldn't be surprised to see NZ order the ATR42 as a Q300 replacement. Some markets simply wouldn't be able to handle a 68 seater.

An A220 order would be good for some routes like WLG-ZQN, AKL-IVC and capacity increases at ports like TRG, NPE, HLZ and ZQN but generally I'll be surprised to see an A220 order as the ATRs are perfect for many routes currently

I think NZ would rather stick with ATR72's and just drop any routes that can't support that aircraft
What?

zkeoj

Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:42 am

DavidByrne wrote:
SCFlyer wrote:
torin wrote:

The original Australian used to fly 737's CHC-HBA at one point as well

The predecessor "TAA" also flew CHC-HBA as well, along with AN. Due to the Australian Government regulation era at the time allowing only "QF" to fly RPT International flights, TN and AN flights to CHC had to be scheduled as "Charter" services (not sure if it carried either a QF code or TN/AN's code - someone else may know).

The original airlines on CHC-HBA were Ansett (AN) and Trans-Australian (TN) in the mid-1970s. Reg Ansett had long held ambitions for Ansett to become an international carrier, but at that stage QF had a monopoly on international flights and the government was not backing down. Ansett saw CHC-HBA as a back-door way of establishing a precedent. However, with the two-(domestic)-airline policy that existed in the day (and which used to result in both airlines' flights literally shadowing each other pretty much over the entire network, to the obvious disbenefit of passengers), government allowed or required (not sure which) TAA to also operate on CHC-HBA. The two carriers competed for this meagre traffic with a weekly Boeing 727-200 flight each, one on a Wednesday and one on a Saturday. The CHC-HBA flight number, bizarrely, was QF393 for both carriers - this way it maintained the fiction that Qantas was the only international carrier.

Predictably, the route was not a success, and it was dropped. NZ later resurrected it with a weekly 737-200 Saturday flight (which I took on a number of occasions). Some summers the carrier ran two weekly flights - either on Saturday and Sunday or, bizarrely one year, two return flights on a Saturday (the same aircraft turned around at CHC and did another return flight).

The only other carrier to operate between Hobart and New Zealand was Qantas, which opened with a weekly 762 nonstop on HBA-AKL in around 1986-87. That flight didn't last long at all - I had taken the flight HBA-AKL in March 1987, but on my return flight to HBA a fortnight later found that it had been substituted by an AKL-MEL-HBA service. To save face, QF invested that (inaugural) indirect flight with a lot of hoop-la (free gifts etc) but it didn't really disguise the fact that it was a defeat, not a victory.

I'm off to HBA again from AKL in a few days - I would SO much like NZ to start a nonstop flight which would feed its Americas routes as well as provide for local traffic. Friends in HBA are involved in the tourism sector and have participated in local delegations to visit NZ at its HQ in Auckland. They've been telling me for years that it will "only" be another 12 months or so before NZ is on the route but . . . nothing ever changes. Meanwhile, the life lesson that I carry with me is: NEVER take VA to AKL-MEL-HBA because their bag drop at MEL is such a time consuming and unpleasant experience that it is the most stressful part of the whole trip.

What a super interesting read - thank you so much, David!

Gasman

Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:13 am

aerokiwi wrote:
Quite remarkable that NZ doesn't see a market for Hobart - tourism to Tasmania has boomed in recent years to Tas, for both longer, nature based travel and weekend, city breaks.

I can't see the market in it at all, myself. Small population, already well served by QF and VA that provide frequency and all the onward connections via SYD or MEL.

In terms of O&D for New Zealand travelers, forget it. Tasmania is a destination like Adelaide and Canberra, only even duller and with a climate similar to that of Greymouth. You'll find people will wax lyrical about the virtues of those places; but deep down everyone knows they're rubbish. If there was an A320 load of New Zealanders wanting to travel to Tasmania daily, you can bet NZ would know about it.

zkojq

Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:16 pm

NZ6 wrote:
PA515 wrote:
The aircraft was ZK-MVA and most of the journey the speed fluctuates quite a bit. They even changed altitude, no doubt looking for smoother air. The return IVC-CHC NZ5716 was cancelled, but the aircraft positioned back to CHC as NZ5972 45 mins later. Passenger comfort would appear to be the reason for the cancellation, although the aircraft may have been a bit smelly and needing a good clean.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/zk-mva

PA515

I think there are few points here which need highlighting, almost in a summary

1. Structurally the aircraft can withstand those winds
2. That in itself doesn't define the flight as safe
3. As none of us has the finer details it's hard to define if it was 'unsafe' from an airframe integrity point of view
4. There is also a passenger safety issue, medical passengers, elderly, infants
5. Flights can operate in adverse weather, however, the 'risks' of an incident are significantly increased So is this flight beyond a safe operating environment for the airline.
6. Why was this weather so unexpected

Maybe the aircraft didn't have a functioning yaw damper...
First to fly the 787-9

NZ6

Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:02 pm

Gasman wrote:
aerokiwi wrote:
Quite remarkable that NZ doesn't see a market for Hobart - tourism to Tasmania has boomed in recent years to Tas, for both longer, nature based travel and weekend, city breaks.

I can't see the market in it at all, myself. Small population, already well served by QF and VA that provide frequency and all the onward connections via SYD or MEL.

In terms of O&D for New Zealand travelers, forget it. Tasmania is a destination like Adelaide and Canberra, only even duller and with a climate similar to that of Greymouth. You'll find people will wax lyrical about the virtues of those places; but deep down everyone knows they're rubbish. If there was an A320 load of New Zealanders wanting to travel to Tasmania daily, you can bet NZ would know about it.

You could apply that logic to ADL and look where that has come. Served extensively via MEL on VA and QF

Australian routes don't need to be daily runs to sunshine locations. A 3x weekly even seasonal service has been looked at and as aerokiwi states, tourism is booming and has done for some time, and that's without a direct flight linking NZ.

Remember, if you live IVC, NSN, PMR, NPE, TRG, PMR etc it's 3 flights and almost an entire day has gone by to get there. Reduce it to an AKL transfer and it's immediately more appealing.

Finally, if VA believes NTL has a potential, surely to heck HBA does.

aerokiwi

Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:58 pm

Gasman wrote:
aerokiwi wrote:

Clearly you haven't hit up the Museum of Old and New Art. That Wall of Vaginas is really something.

No doubt it's a niche market. But it's got history, events (Dark Mofo is huge with Melbourne hipsters), nature, treks etc. I was sceptical too but I count myself a convert.

As NZ6 notes, 3 times a week would do to kick things off. VA recently started direct flights to Perth so something's going on with demand to and from Tas.

NZ6

Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:16 pm

Something unique but something we'll likely see more of in the years ahead.

NZ26/27 for tonight is cancelled already, due to weather forecast in ORD.

Gasman

Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:22 pm

aerokiwi wrote:
Gasman wrote:
aerokiwi wrote:

Clearly you haven't hit up the Museum of Old and New Art. That Wall of Vaginas is really something.

No doubt it's a niche market. But it's got history, events (Dark Mofo is huge with Melbourne hipsters), nature, treks etc. I was sceptical too but I count myself a convert.

As NZ6 notes, 3 times a week would do to kick things off. VA recently started direct flights to Perth so something's going on with demand to and from Tas.

Sure, but if you can make an argument for HBA it's not a strong one. Not really in the "quite remarkable NZ doesn't see a market for it" category. The population of the whole island is half a million, and it's not LAS.

Speaking of which, I think it's quite remarkable NZ doesn't see a market for LAS. But I trust them that they know better than I do.

aerokiwi

Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:21 am

Gasman wrote:
aerokiwi wrote:
Gasman wrote:

Sure, but if you can make an argument for HBA it's not a strong one. Not really in the "quite remarkable NZ doesn't see a market for it" category. The population of the whole island is half a million, and it's not LAS.

Speaking of which, I think it's quite remarkable NZ doesn't see a market for LAS. But I trust them that they know better than I do.

Wow, semantics AND sarcasm - now there's a fun way to converse.

But I stand by it. It was served decades ago, has had a renaissance in domestic appeal in Australia, while NZ has developed this feed-the-AKL-hub-from-Oz strategy, and there's still no service, then yeah, quite remarkable.

It's a shame NZ doesn't maintain a low cost vehicle - a la Freedom - to dip their toes in new markets. I suppose seasonal routes is their new strategy, and I think that could very well work in Tassie.

A350OZ

Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:10 am

Just chiming in on the HBA discussion: I do not see the potential either. Yes, Tasmania does experience a significant uplift in visitors, and MONA, Dark MOFO etc. do attract a lot of international attention and visitors, but enough to fill 3+ flights a week from Auckland? Maybe not. What else do you come to Tassie for: nature, wineries, food etc. - reality is that a lot of this can be found in NZ too, so it is not that the whole experience itself is something completely different that people would need to go to Tasmania for to experience.

As for outbound demand, yes the population of Tassie is 525k, but half of those live in the north for whom a flight from LST, DPO or BWT via MEL will be easier and faster (and offers many more options) than driving 2 to 5 hours to HBA. Which reduces your catchment to 250-300k people. Comparing that to Adelaide (as suggested upthread) which has a population of 1.3m is just misleading.

I'd love to see it happening, but I do not think it will.

NZ6

Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:17 am

Gasman wrote:

How are we comparing LAS and HBA?

HBA is a natural escape allowing Kiwis to explore the whole of Tasmania, a very scenic tranquil destination rich of history and places to see. It would also connect NZ direct to Tasman for Tasmanian's with the added bonus of connecting the Pacific, North America and South American with one international transit.

The logistics are a short half day round trip using an A320 so low risk, risk management would be using QF over MEL if needed.

LAS is largely an outbound NZ leisure market with a very limited inbound appeal from the USA. The whole USA market works on inbound demand pooled by flying into geographical hubs of California, Texas and now the midwest.

LAS is less than an hours flight from LAX and there's a flight more than every 30 minutes (almost).

There has been talk of a few one-off 'GrabaSeat' deals to LAS but with the 787 issue, we won't see those for a while if they ever happen

Gasman

Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:33 am

NZ6 wrote:
Gasman wrote:

How are we comparing LAS and HBA?

HBA is a natural escape allowing Kiwis to explore the whole of Tasmania, a very scenic tranquil destination rich of history and places to see. It would also connect NZ direct to Tasman for Tasmanian's with the added bonus of connecting the Pacific, North America and South American with one international transit.

The logistics are a short half day round trip using an A320 so low risk, risk management would be using QF over MEL if needed.

LAS is largely an outbound NZ leisure market with a very limited inbound appeal from the USA. The whole USA market works on inbound demand pooled by flying into geographical hubs of California, Texas and now the midwest.

LAS is less than an hours flight from LAX and there's a flight more than every 30 minutes (almost).

There has been talk of a few one-off 'GrabaSeat' deals to LAS but with the 787 issue, we won't see those for a while if they ever happen

We're not, of course, comparing LAS and HBA. I was making the point that to some extent, Hobart is a destination you have to talk yourself into.

Although I think a Hobart themed hotel in Vegas could totally work....

zkeoj

Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:42 am

Re HBA, I do see the potential for a seasonal 3 per week service. I know of quite a few people who go there, and surely would use a nonstop if there was one. I am one of them (in 3 weeks), and it annoys me that I have to go via MEL or SYD - a 7+ hours trip! And that as an aviation enthusiast who loves flying....

I also don't buy the argument it is similar to what you get here in NZ, so kiwis won't go. There is much more there, and there are lots of differences. It is very attractive, also for kiwis.

However, I agree that the outbound market would be minimal. There would be odd Tasmanian who visits New Zealand, and the other odd one who would take advantage of a convenient one-stop connection to North America, but that really would be minuscule.

NZ6

Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:06 am

Gasman wrote:
Hobart is a destination you have to talk yourself into.

Speaking for one's self only I hope.

DavidByrne

Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:41 am

zkeoj wrote:
Re HBA, I do see the potential for a seasonal 3 per week service. I know of quite a few people who go there, and surely would use a nonstop if there was one. I am one of them (in 3 weeks), and it annoys me that I have to go via MEL or SYD - a 7+ hours trip! And that as an aviation enthusiast who loves flying....

I also don't buy the argument it is similar to what you get here in NZ, so kiwis won't go. There is much more there, and there are lots of differences. It is very attractive, also for kiwis.

However, I agree that the outbound market would be minimal. There would be odd Tasmanian who visits New Zealand, and the other odd one who would take advantage of a convenient one-stop connection to North America, but that really would be minuscule.

Me too, off to Tasmania tomorrow on QF. Eight hours . . . hmmmmm. I used to go to Tasmania a couple of times a year for a number of years way back when NZ ran there from CHC. Then I had a long period with no visit, but in the last couple of years I've had several more trips. Hobart changed sooo much in my perception in the 10-plus years between. It has certainly become quite a niche destination for Aussies who have been everywhere else, and there must be a good number of NZers who would likewise consider a visit. And foreign visitors are way up year-on-year. The biggest issue they seem to have is a lack of visitor capacity which pushes prices up.

I can't help thinking that given NZ managed to sustain the CHC-HBA connection for such a long time, twice weekly most summers and weekly throughout the winter, then there surely has to be a market now for an AKL connection, perhaps 3x weekly in summer at least. I don't pretend to know the origin/destination/travel purpose of the passengers who used to fly the old NZ route, and I have to acknowledge that it ultimately didn't pay its way. But these are different times, a different airport, and a different hubbing strategy. I hope they do give it a go.

Having said that, though, I have to agree with Gasman's argument re LAS - if HBA was that obviously a route that just HAD to be started, it would have happened by now. But it will, one day . . .
This is not my beautiful house . . . This is not my beautiful wife

PA515

Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:19 am

Air NZ's fourth A321NEO ZK-NND (msn 8629, D-AVYL) had it's first flight yesterday.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/d-avyl

PA515

PA515

Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:28 am

Air NZ cuts it's 2019 pre-tax earnings forcast by about NZD115 million.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/new ... d=12198445

PA515

ZK-NBT

Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:15 am

I notice NZ have reduced US service mainly April-June

LAX 11 weekly>14 77W
IAH 5 weekly >6 77W/772
SFO 5 weekly>7 77W/772 previously announced UA returning 3 weekly

Looks like HKG going back to 772, any ideas where the 2 freed up code 2 789’s go? Maybe YVR not yet loaded or second SIN service NRT?

ZK-NBT

Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:23 am

On checking again some weeks are lower frequency again.

LAX 10x
IAH 4x
YVR 3x

I can’t see the leased frames in there, maybe they will be used as back ups? And get a bit of use July August? How long are the leases at this stage? 12 months?

Gasman

Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:40 am

PA515 wrote:

PA515

So not *good* news - but arguably not bad news either. Taking this item in isolation, we really can't say.

While there's plenty about NZ's international product I don't like, I see no evidence of gross mismanagement. There's also been no indicators of a global (or regional) aviation downturn. So my guess is that this is nothing more than a blip.

Zkpilot

Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:36 pm

Gasman wrote:
PA515 wrote:

PA515

So not *good* news - but arguably not bad news either. Taking this item in isolation, we really can't say.

While there's plenty about NZ's international product I don't like, I see no evidence of gross mismanagement. There's also been no indicators of a global (or regional) aviation downturn. So my guess is that this is nothing more than a blip.

You could say “growing pains” too. NZ is slowing its capacity growth from around 6%pa to 4%
64 types. 43 countries. 24 airlines.

aerohottie

Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:31 pm

Zkpilot wrote:
Gasman wrote:
PA515 wrote:

PA515

You could say “growing pains” too. NZ is slowing its capacity growth from around 6%pa to 4%

Perhaps if NZ now has a bit too much capacity they could give some space back to passengers... 9 abreast 777's and wet-dreamliner worthy 8 abreast 787's (one can only dream)
What?

PA515

Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:42 pm

ZK-NBT wrote:
I can’t see the leased frames in there, maybe they will be used as back ups? And get a bit of use July August? How long are the leases at this stage? 12 months?

There are two 77Es and three 77Ws that were meant to get Wifi last year and missed out due to the Trent 1000 problems. They are ZK-OKA, ZK-OKE, ZK-OKM, ZK-OKN and ZK-OKR. They could start going to SIN from about the end of Feb. I thought 77W ZK-OKT was a six month lease, so Aug 2018 to Feb 2019. ZK-OKI was 12 months renewable. Don't know about ZK-OKJ, but expect it's the same as they are both leased from Boeing.

PA515

ZK-NBT

Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:52 pm

PA515 wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:

There are two 77Es and three 77Ws that were meant to get Wifi last year and missed out due to the Trent 1000 problems. They are ZK-OKA, ZK-OKE, ZK-OKM, ZK-OKN and ZK-OKR. They could start going to SIN from about the end of Feb. I thought 77W ZK-OKT was a six month lease, so Aug 2018 to Feb 2019. ZK-OKI was 12 months renewable. Don't know about ZK-OKJ, but expect it's the same as they are both leased from Boeing.

PA515

Then there is regular maintenance, did OKM have its 8 year check late last year? Followed by OKN and OKO. OKT is scheduled until end of March I thought at this stage?

PA515

Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:00 am

PA515 wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:

PA515

Correction: The two 77Es without Wifi are ZK-OKA and ZK-OKC.

PA515

PA515

Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:06 am

ZK-NBT wrote:
Then there is regular maintenance, did OKM have its 8 year check late last year? Followed by OKN and OKO. OKT is scheduled until end of March I thought at this stage?

I don't have a record of ZK-OKM and ZK-OKN going to SIN in 2018. The last AKL-IAH 77W is on Sun 03 Mar 2019, so down to seven 77Ws from Tue 05 Mar 2019.

PA515

aerorobnz

Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:43 am

gasman wrote:

So my guess is that this is nothing more than a blip.

Or a negotiating tactic to usher in more sweeping rationalisations that they have wanted to make but up until now haven't had unions onside or enough justification for??

It is probably nothing more than a softening on demand for New Zealand as a destination, which ebbs and flows like the tide. New Zealand was en vogue for a while, but markets move on (especially if there is a lack of reasonably priced accommodation and activities). For most people, it is a once in a lifetime kind of destination rather than a repeat destination. When a country drops down the value for money country rankings then it loses the mass tourism, the high-end tourism is still here, but the market is smaller.
Flown to 147 Airports in 62 Countries on 83 Operators and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

Gasman

Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:19 am

aerorobnz wrote:
gasman wrote:

So my guess is that this is nothing more than a blip.

Or a negotiating tactic to usher in more sweeping rationalisations that they have wanted to make but up until now haven't had unions onside or enough justification for??

It is probably nothing more than a softening on demand for New Zealand as a destination, which ebbs and flows like the tide. New Zealand was en vogue for a while, but markets move on (especially if there is a lack of reasonably priced accommodation and activities). For most people, it is a once in a lifetime kind of destination rather than a repeat destination. When a country drops down the value for money country rankings then it loses the mass tourism, the high-end tourism is still here, but the market is smaller.

I doubt it's a tactic. Whatever NZ management are, they have no precedent for being underhanded with staff. Just passengers.

Regardless though, it's hard to imagine this news will *expedite* a new long haul aircraft purchase. Maybe we should be debating the merits of the A360 vs 707neo?

axio

Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:41 am

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainmen ... d=12199374
It seems the rap 'safety' video is gone. Personally I'm thrilled I won't be subjected to that on a forthcoming flight.
Time for a new viewing deck at AKL!

Unclekoru

Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:23 am

axio wrote:
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=12199374
It seems the rap 'safety' video is gone. Personally I'm thrilled I won't be subjected to that on a forthcoming flight.

Well thank chr*#t for that.
It sounds like english, but I can't understand a word you're saying

zkojq

Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:32 am

What's up with NZ aircraft being out of service lately? Tuesday night's NZ87 to HKG actually departed around 1000/1100AM on Wednesday morning. Also on Wednesday morning there was a 77E positioning flight YVR-AKL with a NZ6xxx series flight number that arived at about 0300/0400AM?

I also note that NZ729 AKL-MEL operated by ZK-NNC diverted to SYD last night due to storms in Melbourne.

axio wrote:
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=12199374

Wonderful news. "Summer Of Safety" is going to be used in instead. I always quite liked that one.
First to fly the 787-9

planemanofnz

Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:35 am

Unclekoru wrote:
axio wrote:

Well thank chr*#t for that.

+1.

Let's face it, it was a disaster and embarrassment from the get-go. I honestly have no idea how NZ, the NZCAA and/or others approved of it. The safety message was completely lost - too long, and not easy for foreigners, the elderly and other groups in particular to understand. Also, it was not representative of New Zealand at all - repetitive and in-your-face American style MTV. Did she seriously call a cheese toastie a melt? Probably the worst safety video that NZ have ever made (and that's saying something, because the Richard Simmons one was also awful).

Cheers,

C.
Last edited by planemanofnz on Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

aerorobnz

Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:36 am

axio wrote:

Every flight I had with it I couldn't watch it without sliding down in my seat in embarrassment. cur eye rolls and cursive mutterings under the breath of both mine and my surrounding neighbours. Every bit the marketing faux pas as the Gillette advertisement.
Flown to 147 Airports in 62 Countries on 83 Operators and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

Gasman

Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:23 am

aerorobnz wrote:
axio wrote:

Every flight I had with it I couldn't watch it without sliding down in my seat in embarrassment. cur eye rolls and cursive mutterings under the breath of both mine and my surrounding neighbours. Every bit the marketing faux pas as the Gillette advertisement.

:checkmark: :checkmark:

I was at a cafe in Eden Tce a few days ago, and an early 20-something in yoga pants was sitting closeby having a cellphone conversation to someone about the "rap safety video" and "what we're doing next".

I have long suspected that this was the demographic of the NZ marketing dept, but I never imagined it was quite this bad.

Not that I have anything against this demographic particularly - it's a phase we all have to traverse after all - but the thing is, they're marketing to their own and this is not a group with money to buy a J ticket to LHR. Age inappropriate marketing (that's the nicest way I can put it) was one of the things that alienated me from NZ. As galling as it might feel, surely they need to target their spin more towards Luxon & Bradley lookalikes with discretionary cash.

NZ321

Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:59 am

I would appreciate a return by NZ to something less marketing driven and more about engagement of the passenger in essentials of passenger safety. I hope sincerely that the cancellation of this rap briefing has woken up the troops to reconnect with the essential elements that are befitting of a carrier with a reputation for safety. Time for some self-review here IMHO.
Plane mad!

qf789
Topic Author

Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:33 pm

Please continue discussion in New Zealand Aviation Thread February 2019

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1414445
Forum Moderator

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos