Philippine747
Posts: 189
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:54 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:45 am

Devilfish wrote:
[i]"He said the carrier hopes to have a new lounge should the consortium looking to rehabilitate the Ninoy Aquino International Airport decide to put up a Terminal 2 annex.


I noticed they have been silent about the planned lounge in the North Wing of T2...

Personally though, PR shouldn't concentrate too much on MNL during their expansion efforts. CEB is a bit neglected, with no new international routes lately. DVO has a bit of potential (though they must time it well to prevent ramp congestion).
A319 A320 A321 A332 A333 A343 AT75 AT76 B732 B733 B738 B744 B752(M) B763 B772 B77W DHC7 DH8C DH8D D328 MA60

2P 5J 6K CX DG EK GA KE MI PR VN OS QR A3 OK TG RA U4 JL GK UB K7 WE
 
SleeplessInZh
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:24 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:45 am

Singapore will have an all-lie flat seating in business class by 2022.even their Silk air with the narrowbodies.I hope PAL is not making the mistake to install recliners in A321neos AFC.PAL should follow Singapore Airlines Strategy.
They will WOW the world, they shouldn't lose this opportunity, by also aiming to an `All-lie-flat Business` in their fleet
 
LurveBus
Posts: 319
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:21 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:33 am

SleeplessInZh wrote:
Singapore will have an all-lie flat seating in business class by 2022.even their Silk air with the narrowbodies.I hope PAL is not making the mistake to install recliners in A321neos AFC.PAL should follow Singapore Airlines Strategy.
They will WOW the world, they shouldn't lose this opportunity, by also aiming to an `All-lie-flat Business` in their fleet


Not very many people are willing to pay J fares on short haul flights, especially in the Philippines. Even CX will not be letting go of its recliners anytime soon. It’s a waste of resources and cabin space. PAL should concentrate on making money first
 
SleeplessInZh
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:24 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:38 pm

LurveBus wrote:
SleeplessInZh wrote:
Singapore will have an all-lie flat seating in business class by 2022.even their Silk air with the narrowbodies.I hope PAL is not making the mistake to install recliners in A321neos AFC.PAL should follow Singapore Airlines Strategy.
They will WOW the world, they shouldn't lose this opportunity, by also aiming to an `All-lie-flat Business` in their fleet


Not very many people are willing to pay J fares on short haul flights, especially in the Philippines. Even CX will not be letting go of its recliners anytime soon. It’s a waste of resources and cabin space. PAL should concentrate on making money first


I forgot to say, that this 'all lie flat seat' are meant to be flying internationally, like singapore.the older A321s can be transferred for domestic use and to PAL express (with the Philippines Express paint on the fuselage)
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 6526
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:14 pm

Philippine747 wrote:
I noticed they have been silent about the planned lounge in the North Wing of T2...

I assume they would just let the MIAA decide what to do with it...with PR transferring their international ops to NAIA T1 and only domestic staying at T2.



These are the reasons I'm bullish about the A321XLR..... :spin: .....

https://leehamnews.com/2019/06/06/how-u ... s-a321xlr/

Quote:
"The larger fuel volume is needed to stay in the air longer than the present nine hours of the A321LR. The A321XLR adds another hour and a half to the A321LR’s capability. This longer flying time translates to an additional 500nm of range with the same passenger load.

For a three-class cabin with a business section with lie-flat seats, we land at 150 to 160 seat cabins. There is not the place for more than 6 to 20 life flat seats combined with a 24 seat extended legroom Premium section, then the typical 18 rows of six abreast economy seats at 30-inch to 31-inch pitch, for a long-range three-class cabin of 150 seats.

This as the seat mile cost of the A321LR and A321XLR is the same as the costs of flying the same passenger on an A330neo or Boeing 787. But while these require a minimum of 220 passengers per departure to make a route viable, an A321XLR would work with routes offering 140 passengers per departure. With the same operating cost per seat as the next step-up widebodies, the A321XLR is a very flexible tool for an airline."



Unfortunately, still not viable enough for AKL-MNL apparently. :sigh: Perhaps PR must stick with the 180-pax, two-class configuration :?: More on PR's fleet plan below..... :airplane: .....

https://www.philstar.com/business/2019/ ... g-aircraft



SMC is back in the news again.....

http://philippineairspace.blogspot.com/ ... mment-form


With the bid opening reset for end of July this year, there doesn't seem to be another proponent prepared to challenge SMC's landbank-backed OPS advantage. :scratchchin:
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield
 
filipinoavgeek
Posts: 256
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:18 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:06 pm

I really don't understand why PR didn't order the A321LR as soon as it became up for order.
 
LurveBus
Posts: 319
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:21 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:30 am

filipinoavgeek wrote:
I really don't understand why PR didn't order the A321LR as soon as it became up for order.


They don’t exactly need the range of the LR. The LR can probably do just MEL in addition to other points that a regular NEO can already do. Besides, the availability of the regular NEO was already delayed, and if they waited for the LR, it wouldn’t have been a full year and a half before they’d get a delivery.

The XLR will be able to reach DXB and AUH. That might be more interesting to PAL. Maintain a presence in the Mideast with lower trip costs.
 
PR77W
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:02 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:30 am

LurveBus wrote:
SleeplessInZh wrote:
Singapore will have an all-lie flat seating in business class by 2022.even their Silk air with the narrowbodies.I hope PAL is not making the mistake to install recliners in A321neos AFC.PAL should follow Singapore Airlines Strategy.
They will WOW the world, they shouldn't lose this opportunity, by also aiming to an `All-lie-flat Business` in their fleet


Not very many people are willing to pay J fares on short haul flights, especially in the Philippines. Even CX will not be letting go of its recliners anytime soon. It’s a waste of resources and cabin space. PAL should concentrate on making money first


Recently NH release details of there new domestic interior for their B777 and B787. I will be the basis for PAL A321NX cabin interior. With the exception of the Y seat manufactured my Toyota Boshoku I believe the J seat is quite solid for flights shorter then 4 hours.

https://thedesignair.net/2019/05/29/ana ... c-flights/
 
filipinoavgeek
Posts: 256
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:18 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:15 pm

PR77W wrote:
LurveBus wrote:
SleeplessInZh wrote:
Singapore will have an all-lie flat seating in business class by 2022.even their Silk air with the narrowbodies.I hope PAL is not making the mistake to install recliners in A321neos AFC.PAL should follow Singapore Airlines Strategy.
They will WOW the world, they shouldn't lose this opportunity, by also aiming to an `All-lie-flat Business` in their fleet


Not very many people are willing to pay J fares on short haul flights, especially in the Philippines. Even CX will not be letting go of its recliners anytime soon. It’s a waste of resources and cabin space. PAL should concentrate on making money first


Recently NH release details of there new domestic interior for their B777 and B787. I will be the basis for PAL A321NX cabin interior. With the exception of the Y seat manufactured my Toyota Boshoku I believe the J seat is quite solid for flights shorter then 4 hours.

https://thedesignair.net/2019/05/29/ana ... c-flights/


Which domestic NH planes have IFEs? When I flew CTS-HND on a 789 last year none of the seats had IFEs.
 
StudiodeKadent
Posts: 401
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:43 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:48 pm

filipinoavgeek wrote:
I really don't understand why PR didn't order the A321LR as soon as it became up for order.


Probably because at the time they already had some longhaul-oriented A321s with extra fuel tanks. I mean sure, the proper A321LRs would be a better choice, but the extra-fuel-tank A321neos were easier to get presumably. Maybe PR will be upgrading in the future?
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 6526
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:50 am

The latest drama re the three major airport projects in the country, particularly the NMIA in Bulakan..... :stirthepot: .....

http://www.thinkingpinoy.net/2019/06/bu ... llion.html


And the DOTr's four-page response to the allegations.....

https://scontent.fmnl5-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5D7FC297

https://scontent.fmnl5-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5D846BC8

https://scontent.fmnl5-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5D832876

https://scontent.fmnl5-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5D834F16

posted on SkyscraperCity by @private-i
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield
 
PR77W
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:02 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:30 am

filipinoavgeek wrote:
PR77W wrote:
LurveBus wrote:

Not very many people are willing to pay J fares on short haul flights, especially in the Philippines. Even CX will not be letting go of its recliners anytime soon. It’s a waste of resources and cabin space. PAL should concentrate on making money first


Recently NH release details of there new domestic interior for their B777 and B787. I will be the basis for PAL A321NX cabin interior. With the exception of the Y seat manufactured my Toyota Boshoku I believe the J seat is quite solid for flights shorter then 4 hours.

https://thedesignair.net/2019/05/29/ana ... c-flights/


Which domestic NH planes have IFEs? When I flew CTS-HND on a 789 last year none of the seats had IFEs.


AFAIK only there A321neo has in-seat IFE. NH plans to start refurbishing 11B787-8 and 8 777-200 by the 3Q of 2019 and will be complete by 2020. No plans of other aircraft like the B787-9 and B777-300 have been announced when or if they will received retrofit the new interior.

ANA A321neo Akita to Tokyo-Haneda flight.
https://youtu.be/1MJP0VptukQ
 
SkyHigher
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:58 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:59 am

Well, with PR and Boeing in talks for 777X, it seems that the former will be getting 2 planes (either 777-8 or 777-9) replacing the first 2 leased 77Ws (RP-C7777, RP-C7776). If PR is indeed pushing thru with this, it should be delivered if NMIA is complete by 2024 or 2026.

https://simpleflying.com/philippine-airlines-boeing-777x/amp/

Philippine Airlines is in discussions with Boeing to acquire two new Boeing 777X aircraft. Boeing is reported to be pushing the 777X as a replacement for two of Philippine Airlines’ older 777-300ER aircraft. This would be welcome news for Boeing after it now seems like their 777X program will be delayed.
 
PR77W
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:02 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:01 pm

PAL 7th A321neo RP-C9937 at Hamburg XFW.

https://twitter.com/Tobias_Gudat/status ... 05376?s=19
 
LRB40
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:17 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:06 pm

PR77W wrote:
PAL 7th A321neo RP-C9937 at Hamburg XFW.

https://twitter.com/Tobias_Gudat/status ... 05376?s=19


Are all of PAL's incoming A321neo not equipped with the Radome/hump? I thought all their new incoming aircarft would be.

https://paxex.aero/2018/01/inmarsat-phi ... milestone/
 
SleeplessInZh
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:24 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:27 am

Evtl no ife in economy class.
 
PR77W
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:02 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:03 am

LRB40 wrote:
PR77W wrote:
PAL 7th A321neo RP-C9937 at Hamburg XFW.

https://twitter.com/Tobias_Gudat/status ... 05376?s=19


Are all of PAL's incoming A321neo not equipped with the Radome/hump? I thought all their new incoming aircarft would be.

https://paxex.aero/2018/01/inmarsat-phi ... milestone/


Could be retro-fitted later on. But I don't know PAL is very quiet with regards to the cabin interior of its 7th A321neo and onwards. I'm honestly not sure if they In-seat IFE or Streaming. Will just have to wait and see once RP-C9937 is delivered to PAL.
 
SkyHigher
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:58 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:46 am

PR77W wrote:
LRB40 wrote:
PR77W wrote:
PAL 7th A321neo RP-C9937 at Hamburg XFW.

https://twitter.com/Tobias_Gudat/status ... 05376?s=19


Are all of PAL's incoming A321neo not equipped with the Radome/hump? I thought all their new incoming aircarft would be.

https://paxex.aero/2018/01/inmarsat-phi ... milestone/


Could be retro-fitted later on. But I don't know PAL is very quiet with regards to the cabin interior of its 7th A321neo and onwards. I'm honestly not sure if they In-seat IFE or Streaming. Will just have to wait and see once RP-C9937 is delivered to PAL.


PR's upcoming A21N with ACF from RP-C9937 will be in regional config as they will replace A320; IFEs may not be present in that case. We'll see in 3Q 2019 (July-September) for the full details.
 
 
SkyHigher
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:58 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:10 pm

Devilfish wrote:
SMC's NMIA in Bulakan has found an ally in the Inquirer..... :spin: .....

https://opinion.inquirer.net/121887/bui ... ew-airport


And the Sangley Airport proposal of Cavite LGU will go out of nowhere, thanks to lack of support and also to Manila Bay rehab which makes reclamation inevitable. It's NMIA in Bulacan and CRK that will handle the air traffic from GMA (Greater MNL Area) in the next 10-20 years.
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 6526
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:42 am

In the meantime, NAIA is still there.....

Image
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2832/124 ... f922_b.jpg


We shall see if the Super Consortium will revise the design or really build this..... :wideeyed: .....

Image
https://www.bworldonline.com/wp-content ... 083117.jpg


PAL says they can't just go on buying planes without the pax terminal capacity/aircraft gate number increase.....

https://business.inquirer.net/272290/ev ... t-take-off



Meanwhile...NAIA Terminal 2 got a surprise inspection...hopefully, that would take care of the current problems there... :crossfingers: ...

https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2019 ... ght-delays
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 6526
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:41 pm

Apparently, the inspection and meetings pushed the opening of SGL to general aviation and turboprop operations earlier by a month..... :point:

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1129079/d ... y-november

https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2019 ... ort-cavite



At CEB...thankfully :thumbsup: a covered walk now shelters people transferring between MCIA T1 and T2 from the intense summer sun..... :hot: .....

source: @j.young_42
Image
https://instagram.fceb2-2.fna.fbcdn.net ... .fbcdn.net


Alas...airline passengers still have to get in a bus to take them where they need to go..... :tired: .....

source: @japatricia.denito
Image
https://instagram.fruh4-6.fna.fbcdn.net ... .fbcdn.net

source: @snow_puti
Image
https://instagram.fruh4-4.fna.fbcdn.net ... .fbcdn.net

photos posted on SkyscraperCity by: @Polarr_Acorn & @diehardbisdak



CRK will have a grander and quite different interpretation of that covered walk and waiting area..... :eyepopping: .....

Image
http://lifestyle.inquirer.net/files/201 ... port_5.jpg
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 6526
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:14 pm

Given the tight schedule, DOTr's USec says only a "basic facility" like the San Vicente terminal in Palawan could be opened at SGL by November. Haven't they been working on this for almost a year and a half now..... :confused: .....

https://business.inquirer.net/272481/sa ... -dotr-exec

Image
https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/11387649 ... me=600x314


Image
https://palawan-news.com/wp-content/upl ... rport3.jpg

Image
https://assets.rappler.com/EF5DB922DA68 ... 17-004.jpg

Image
https://sa.kapamilya.com/absnews/abscbn ... g?ext=.jpg

Image
https://i1.wp.com/www.sanvicentepalawan ... .jpg?ssl=1

Image
https://nolisoli.ph/wp-content/uploads/ ... 24x576.jpg

Anyway...the above should be fine (except for lack of air conditioning) -- provided it is staffed and functioning properly...with F&B outlets and enough clean toilets with running water. Raising the floor a little more above NGL may be a good idea considering the flooding problems at Sangley. :house: The access problem remains given the road project to there is in limbo.


The old T4 at NAIA could be used temporarily by PAA and others until the MIAA could decide what to do with it.....

Image
https://d0ctrine.files.wordpress.com/20 ... .jpg?w=960

Image
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/0-GF8uo092E/maxresdefault.jpg
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield
 
LurveBus
Posts: 319
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:21 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:21 pm

Devilfish wrote:
Given the tight schedule, DOTr's USec says only a "basic facility" like the San Vicente terminal in Palawan could be opened at SGL by November. Haven't they been working on this for almost a year and a half now..... :confused: .....


There’s only enough space in Sangley’s landslide for a simple passenger terminal building, and that’s what was bidded out sometime ago.

Even with limited road access, you can see how simple proximity is going to draw the turboprop ops from CRK to SGY.
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 6526
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:51 pm

LurveBus wrote:
There’s only enough space in Sangley’s landslide for a simple passenger terminal building, and that’s what was bidded out sometime ago.

As it turns out, the November milestone is for GenAv only...a few more important items need to be in place for commercial turboprop operations.....

https://business.inquirer.net/272481/sa ... -dotr-exec

Quote:
"Tamayo, a former airline pilot, said they are striving to meet the deadline for the transfer of general aviation, which refers to non-commercial operations such as private jets and training aircraft. But he said the use of Sangley Airport for broader commercial flights within Duterte’s timeframe is more complex.

Tamayo cited a string of factors, including Sangley Airport’s lack of facilities, limited road access and its close proximity to Naia, which could comprise safety for larger planes.

He said Sangley could be ready for commercial flights – or those operated by carriers such as Philippine Airlines and Cebu Pacific – but only for turboprop aircraft, which are used for local inter-island hops. Tamayo said Sangley has a 2,300-meter runway, which extension was finished earlier this year.

Congestion in Naia will further ease if some commercial flights are transferred. But sought for comment, commercial carriers were mum on whether they would launch turboprop flights from Sangley Airport."




http://philippineairspace.blogspot.com/ ... ights.html

Quote:
"Department of Transportation (DoTr) has disclosed that Sangley airport in Cavite is not ready to receive commercial traffic in December due to operational constraints. (See project here)

Transportation Undersecretary for Aviation Manuel Antonio L. Tamayo said they might be able to start handling general aviation flights by November but commercial flights operated by turbo propellers (turboprops) will have to be deferred for at least one year because of some concerns valid only for airline operations.

Operational constraints include among others the installation of runway lights and associated navigational equipment necessary for it to operate at night and bad weather. DOTr is scheduled to install them next year. 'We’ll be setting up a new control tower together with the night rating of the airport,' he said.

Four parking stands are being constructed to service passengers under a taxi-in/ taxi-out procedure similar to those employed in the provinces."



LurveBus wrote:
Even with limited road access, you can see how simple proximity is going to draw the turboprop ops from CRK to SGY.

I certainly hope that the hassles of road travel and ferry transfer would not discourage people from using SGL...that demand could outgrow the small facility. :crossfingers:


https://www.facebook.com/jacquemanabat/ ... 260701481/


https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2019 ... ngest-naia
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield
 
SkyHigher
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:58 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:12 am

Devilfish wrote:
LurveBus wrote:
Even with limited road access, you can see how simple proximity is going to draw the turboprop ops from CRK to SGY.

I certainly hope that the hassles of road travel and ferry transfer would not discourage people from using SGL...that demand could outgrow the small facility. :crossfingers:


https://www.facebook.com/jacquemanabat/ ... 260701481/


https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2019 ... ngest-naia


Ferry from CCP or MOA to SGL is fine, but not enough since it carries luggages and cargo that may affect the vessel that would carry it. Better open a P2P bus route to SGL, from PITX, MOA and other parts of MM, mostly CBDs with hotels. Just like what UBE Express us doing where they operate a P2P bus from MNL (NAIA) to CBD, Commercial and Business areas.
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 6526
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:49 pm

SkyHigher wrote:
Ferry from CCP or MOA to SGL is fine, but not enough since it carries luggages and cargo that may affect the vessel that would carry it. Better open a P2P bus route to SGL, from PITX, MOA and other parts of MM, mostly CBDs with hotels. Just like what UBE Express us doing where they operate a P2P bus from MNL (NAIA) to CBD, Commercial and Business areas.

The jetty should be inside the bay, close to the pax terminal...to protect it from the open sea (wonder what they'd do during typhoon season). :scratchchin: The issue with a P2P bus operation is it would be captive to chokepoints along the narrow route and might not be able to adhere to a definite schedule roughly coinciding with the flight times. Anyhow, that's the way things happen now around NAIA. The bizjet crowd will have no problem as they'd most likely use air taxis to their final destination. All they need is a helo landing pad (plus customs & immigration formalities). When all other in-country gateway projects are completed and the wide access road to SGL is in place, the facilities could potentially transition into, and be ideally positioned as an FBO.


To dispel notions that airlines are not committed to transferring their passenger TP operations to Sangley, the DOTr has this to say.....

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1130174/a ... rport-dotr

Quote:
"Airline companies have agreed to 'fully relocate' their general aviation freight turboprop as well as commercial turboprop operations to Sangley airport in Cavite once the infrastructure is in place, the Department of Transportation (DOTr) said Thursday.

The announcement was made after Transport Secretary Arthur Tugade met with officials from Philippine Airlines, AirAsia, and Cebu Pacific to discuss the immediate operationalization of Sangley Airport.

'During the meeting, airlines agreed to use Sangley airport for general aviation, freight turboprop operations, and commercial turboprop operations as soon as the infrastructure is in place,' the DOTr said in a statement."
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield
 
LurveBus
Posts: 319
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:21 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:03 pm

SkyHigher wrote:
Devilfish wrote:
LurveBus wrote:
Even with limited road access, you can see how simple proximity is going to draw the turboprop ops from CRK to SGY.

I certainly hope that the hassles of road travel and ferry transfer would not discourage people from using SGL...that demand could outgrow the small facility. :crossfingers:


https://www.facebook.com/jacquemanabat/ ... 260701481/


https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2019 ... ngest-naia


Ferry from CCP or MOA to SGL is fine, but not enough since it carries luggages and cargo that may affect the vessel that would carry it. Better open a P2P bus route to SGL, from PITX, MOA and other parts of MM, mostly CBDs with hotels. Just like what UBE Express us doing where they operate a P2P bus from MNL (NAIA) to CBD, Commercial and Business areas.


If anything, transporting cargo over water is far more efficient than transporting it over land.
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 6526
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:21 pm

The matter of road transportation is now the subject of an unsolicited P20B Expressway proposal.....

http://philippineairspace.blogspot.com/ ... -dotr.html


Image
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-FVY-SXOBW7c/ ... engr.2.JPG

Image
https://www.bworldonline.com/wp-content ... 040218.jpg


The clear height of the proposed viaduct above MSL will be critical to allow passage of vessels below.
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield
 
filipinoavgeek
Posts: 256
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:18 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:55 am

Does anyone know where the location of the new Sangley terminal will be? Will it be within the air base complex, or will it be on the west end of the runway, near the residential area and where (according to Google Maps) the small cargo planes stay at?
 
SkyHigher
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:58 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:03 am

Devilfish wrote:
The matter of road transportation is now the subject of an unsolicited P20B Expressway proposal.....

http://philippineairspace.blogspot.com/ ... -dotr.html


Image
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-FVY-SXOBW7c/ ... engr.2.JPG

Image
https://www.bworldonline.com/wp-content ... 040218.jpg


The clear height of the proposed viaduct above MSL will be critical to allow passage of vessels below.


The size of motorized bancas aa fishing vessels is not a hindrance to the MVP's proposal to extend CAVITEX to SGL via Kawit. It will obviously undergo in the DED (Detailed Engineering Design) phase to determine how tall should the viaducts be built. Engineers and other planners will do that job.
 
PR77W
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:02 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:15 pm

Some route update this week:

CEB temporarily reducing frequency between MNL-SYD from 5 times weekly to 4 times weekly from Aug 13 to 31

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... djustment/

Meanwhile Tigerair Taiwan is increasing frequency between TPE - KLO from 3 times weeky to 5 times weekly, starting July 01.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... july-2019/

All of this is subject to changed However and will be updated if there any changes.
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 6526
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:22 pm

SkyHigher wrote:
The size of motorized bancas aa fishing vessels is not a hindrance to the MVP's proposal to extend CAVITEX to SGL via Kawit.

Have the Navy/Coast Guard completely given up their area there in Sangley? I'd hardly call those vessels docked on the leeward side of the photo in post #442 as "bancas"... :shakehead:

SkyHigher wrote:
It will obviously undergo in the DED (Detailed Engineering Design) phase to determine how tall should the viaducts be built.

They cannot wait that late to know how high it should be as they're including a price in their proposal...their ballpark estimate has to be competitive otherwise the government will just seek other proponents or bid out the project openly.

The viaduct will only need to be higher at the portion over the deeper channel where the bigger vessels navigate (not along its entire stretch) then slope down to established street level. As it is, there seems to be this alternate proposal where those won't have to pass under the viaduct if the water is deep enough alongside it...and which goes directly to the bayfront area.....

Image
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-I4KXZSs1jtY/ ... gley22.jpg


This superimposed image of the ongoing development indicates the ferry dock might, afterall, be at the corner near the runway end, on the windward side.....

Image
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-SRjLnLGMvqE/ ... roject.jpg


Passenger Terminal Building rigid steel framework.....

Image
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5D984918


Lastly...the type of boat likely to be operated by PR and 5J for their passengers.....

Image
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-wdv93XvtepI/ ... Bferry.jpg



Nice shots of CRK T2 construction from SkyscraperCity..... :camera:

source: Shane Frias Velasco/Abet DC Vin @risingphilippines
Image
https://scontent.fcgy1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5D9B3806

Image
https://scontent.fcgy1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5D84FCCB

Image
https://scontent.fcgy1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5D95CAE3

Image
https://scontent.fcgy1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5D8FB80E

photos posted by: @rapraprogasan
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield
 
SleeplessInZh
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:24 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:43 pm

World airline Awards is tommorrow, 18th of june.

And then theres that video of josh cahill. *_*
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 6526
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:37 pm

LurveBus wrote:
The XLR will be able to reach DXB and AUH. That might be more interesting to PAL. Maintain a presence in the Mideast with lower trip costs.

Considering Leeham's analysis giving the A321XLR a much shorter real world range, it's curious that Airbus still show it capable of NRT-SYD and more interestingly KUL-AKL, which is some 373nm farther on Great Circle with an even more pronounced east-west-east component...but not MNL-AKL. Assuming a similar configuration, is the disparity solely due to airways, alternates and headwinds... :confused: ...or are they taking into account the longer time an aircraft wastes in the holding pattern over Manila and the heavy balikbayan boxes. :boxedin:

Image
https://airbus-h.assetsadobe2.com/is/im ... 1&qlt=85,0

http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=KUL-AKL,MN ... -SYD&DU=nm


In any case, hopefully the shortcoming can be overcome by the optional ACT or a reduction in payload. :crossfingers:

Image
https://airbus-h.assetsadobe2.com/is/im ... 1&qlt=85,0


Its economics are quite appealing... https://leehamnews.com/2019/06/13/how-u ... lr-part-2/ :thumbsup:



Incidentally, PR's president is retiring and the Chairman's daughter is appointed as OIC. JJB is at the 2019 Paris Airshow...perhaps to convert part of their existing A321NEO order to XLRs above...as his last official act for the airline..... :?: .....

https://business.inquirer.net/272781/ta ... rge-at-pal

Quote:
"Replying to the Inquirer’s request for a comment on the issue, the outgoing PAL chief only said he was currently in Europe attending the Paris Air Show. His retirement comes amid PAL’s ongoing refleeting and rebranding programs."
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield
 
filipinoavgeek
Posts: 256
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:18 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:30 am

A321XLR or LR makes more sense for PR than 5J, 5J for now should stick to their bread-and-butter which is domestic and regional. Don't really see why they had to order the A330neo now when they still have a bunch of relatively new A330s flying around and IIRC they have no plans of expanding long-haul in the short-to-medium term. They're not like AirAsia X which really needed the A330neo for their needs.
 
filipinoavgeek
Posts: 256
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:18 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:09 am

https://www.facebook.com/flyroyalair/ph ... 4458908342
Apparently Royal Air has some kind of partnership with AirAsia. Does anyone know the details of this?
 
SkyHigher
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:58 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:30 am

16 A330-900, 10 A321XLR and 5 more A320neo for 5J. Can't wait for PR's shopping cart at PAS2019.

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... os-459076/
 
SleeplessInZh
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:24 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:04 am

BREAKING NEWS: Philippine Airlines places 30 in worldairlineawards by skytrax.Congratulations PAL
 
SleeplessInZh
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:24 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:05 am

Yeheyyyy!!!! Qatar is again best Airline.
 
LurveBus
Posts: 319
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:21 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:37 pm

filipinoavgeek wrote:
A321XLR or LR makes more sense for PR than 5J, 5J for now should stick to their bread-and-butter which is domestic and regional. Don't really see why they had to order the A330neo now when they still have a bunch of relatively new A330s flying around and IIRC they have no plans of expanding long-haul in the short-to-medium term. They're not like AirAsia X which really needed the A330neo for their needs.


The A330 has a slightly different purpose at 5J. You notice that they don’t have any business class. With Manila being quite congested, if you can’t add more flights, you upgauge existing ones. The neo does short-haul pretty well, and it allows for them to grow their regional network without expending more slots.

The XLR, when filled to the brim, makes sense when you see that Australia and India are in range. If PAL had to reduce the number of seats in the A320neos to reach Australia, the XLR will not be as encumbered.

Also bear in mind that we have dormant 5th freedom rights in Thailand, Singapore, Australia, and India. It will make for interesting new possibilities.
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 6526
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:32 pm

SkyHigher wrote:
16 A330-900, 10 A321XLR and 5 more A320neo for 5J.

I think that deserves a few photos to go with it..... :bigthumbsup: .....


Image
https://airbus-h.assetsadobe2.com/is/im ... 1&qlt=85,0


Image
https://airbus-h.assetsadobe2.com/is/im ... 1&qlt=85,0


Image
https://airbus-h.assetsadobe2.com/is/im ... 1&qlt=85,0


Image
https://airbus-h.assetsadobe2.com/is/im ... 1&qlt=85,0


Note how the flag is reversed in the photos..... :biggrin:
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield
 
carlokiii
Posts: 140
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:03 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:01 am

LurveBus wrote:
filipinoavgeek wrote:
A321XLR or LR makes more sense for PR than 5J, 5J for now should stick to their bread-and-butter which is domestic and regional. Don't really see why they had to order the A330neo now when they still have a bunch of relatively new A330s flying around and IIRC they have no plans of expanding long-haul in the short-to-medium term. They're not like AirAsia X which really needed the A330neo for their needs.


The A330 has a slightly different purpose at 5J. You notice that they don’t have any business class. With Manila being quite congested, if you can’t add more flights, you upgauge existing ones. The neo does short-haul pretty well, and it allows for them to grow their regional network without expending more slots.


I am quite surprised at the A339 order of 5J. While 5J has indicated their need for more wide-bodies to haul passengers regionally, I believed the A339 couldn't offer 5J anything more than their 436-seat A333 already can (A339 isn't more efficient than an A333 for routes of 1-2 hours, and 5J has no need for A339's added range)...

...Until I found out the A339 will be configured to have 24 more seats than their A333. That is insane, and will be the ultimate CASM leader, and is perfect for intra-Philippine routes and high-demand SE/East Asian routes ex-MNL/CEB/CRK. Congratulations to the Airbus A330neo team and Cebu Pacific.
 
Bobby27ph
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:37 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:42 am

Re: Sangley

Hope they can make the Jetty Port nearer to the Passenger Terminal Building
PFSG Member

Avsim.net keyword: Bobby Santos
 
PR77W
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:02 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:57 am

Devilfish wrote:

Incidentally, PR's president is retiring and the Chairman's daughter is appointed as OIC. JJB is at the 2019 Paris Airshow...perhaps to convert part of their existing A321NEO order to XLRs above...as his last official act for the airline..... :?: .....

https://business.inquirer.net/272781/ta ... rge-at-pal

Quote:
"Replying to the Inquirer’s request for a comment on the issue, the outgoing PAL chief only said he was currently in Europe attending the Paris Air Show. His retirement comes amid PAL’s ongoing refleeting and rebranding programs."


Since there are no order announcement coming from PAL. I'm starting to think JJB was at Paris Air Show just for the Skytrex Airlines Awards. In which PAL recived the tittle "Most improve airline in the world"

Quote:
"The announcement of Bautista’s retirement coincided with PAL bagging this year’s title for the world’s most improved airline on Tuesday during the 2019 Skytrax Airline Awards, considered the Oscars of the aviation industry"

"It’s my finale act as president" Bautista said. “For the last 26 years, I worked very hard, working 24/7. I have not given much time to my family,” he said. “I have traveled a lot but I haven’t visited the places I wanted to see because whenever I travel it’s always for work, so I think I really need to have a break.”

"He said he looked forward to traveling the world with his family and grandchildren after his retirement."

“I’m already 62 years old and the position of the airline president is very taxing, very challenging. It’s really for young people,” he said, alluding to Tan."

Read more: https://business.inquirer.net/272864/pa ... z5rIKBTi8f
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook
 
SkyHigher
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:58 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:03 pm

PR77W wrote:
Devilfish wrote:

Incidentally, PR's president is retiring and the Chairman's daughter is appointed as OIC. JJB is at the 2019 Paris Airshow...perhaps to convert part of their existing A321NEO order to XLRs above...as his last official act for the airline..... :?: .....

https://business.inquirer.net/272781/ta ... rge-at-pal

Quote:
"Replying to the Inquirer’s request for a comment on the issue, the outgoing PAL chief only said he was currently in Europe attending the Paris Air Show. His retirement comes amid PAL’s ongoing refleeting and rebranding programs."


Since there are no order announcement coming from PAL. I'm starting to think JJB was at Paris Air Show just for the Skytrex Airlines Awards. In which PAL recived the tittle "Most improve airline in the world"

Quote:
"The announcement of Bautista’s retirement coincided with PAL bagging this year’s title for the world’s most improved airline on Tuesday during the 2019 Skytrax Airline Awards, considered the Oscars of the aviation industry"

"It’s my finale act as president" Bautista said. “For the last 26 years, I worked very hard, working 24/7. I have not given much time to my family,” he said. “I have traveled a lot but I haven’t visited the places I wanted to see because whenever I travel it’s always for work, so I think I really need to have a break.”

"He said he looked forward to traveling the world with his family and grandchildren after his retirement."

“I’m already 62 years old and the position of the airline president is very taxing, very challenging. It’s really for young people,” he said, alluding to Tan."

Read more: https://business.inquirer.net/272864/pa ... z5rIKBTi8f
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook


So Skytrax is now Skytrex? LOL. But yeah, that's his last job after serving PAL for decades.

PAS19 isn't over, so we'll know if there will be new aircraft orders from PAL.
 
PR77W
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:02 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:39 pm

SkyHigher wrote:
PR77W wrote:
Devilfish wrote:

Incidentally, PR's president is retiring and the Chairman's daughter is appointed as OIC. JJB is at the 2019 Paris Airshow...perhaps to convert part of their existing A321NEO order to XLRs above...as his last official act for the airline..... :?: .....

https://business.inquirer.net/272781/ta ... rge-at-pal

Quote:
"Replying to the Inquirer’s request for a comment on the issue, the outgoing PAL chief only said he was currently in Europe attending the Paris Air Show. His retirement comes amid PAL’s ongoing refleeting and rebranding programs."


Since there are no order announcement coming from PAL. I'm starting to think JJB was at Paris Air Show just for the Skytrex Airlines Awards. In which PAL recived the tittle "Most improve airline in the world"

Quote:
"The announcement of Bautista’s retirement coincided with PAL bagging this year’s title for the world’s most improved airline on Tuesday during the 2019 Skytrax Airline Awards, considered the Oscars of the aviation industry"

"It’s my finale act as president" Bautista said. “For the last 26 years, I worked very hard, working 24/7. I have not given much time to my family,” he said. “I have traveled a lot but I haven’t visited the places I wanted to see because whenever I travel it’s always for work, so I think I really need to have a break.”

"He said he looked forward to traveling the world with his family and grandchildren after his retirement."

“I’m already 62 years old and the position of the airline president is very taxing, very challenging. It’s really for young people,” he said, alluding to Tan."

Read more: https://business.inquirer.net/272864/pa ... z5rIKBTi8f
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook


So Skytrax is now Skytrex? LOL. But yeah, that's his last job after serving PAL for decades.

PAS19 isn't over, so we'll know if there will be new aircraft orders from PAL.


Oops my bad! nonetheless I'm also still hopeful PAL will expand there A350 fleet either with the 359 or 35K. If no new order could also wait for the Singapore Air Show in 2020. Which when PAL first signed and LOI for 12 A350 back in 2016.

PAL North America network changed:
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... y-changes/
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 6526
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:33 pm

Bobby27ph wrote:
Re: Sangley: Hope they can make the Jetty Port nearer to the Passenger Terminal Building

Based on the video linked above, there is still a big vacant space between the terminal and hangar structural frameworks. Maybe they still intend to build another hangar there in the next phase, to match the inset plan on the map. Indeed, the ferry dock should be closer to the PTB to minimize the number of inconvenient transfers for commercial TP passengers -- so this solution could be a success. Currently, commuters need to go through this gauntlet to get to Sangley..... :tired: .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YftUlNpi6jk



PR77W wrote:
I'm starting to think JJB was at Paris Air Show just for the Skytrex Airlines Awards. In which PAL recived the tittle "Most improve airline in the world"

I was hoping there was more to it than that (like an XLR conversion) but apparently, PAL's long time president would just quietly fade into the background.....

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... es-459146/

Kudos to JJB for a job well done :!: :praise:


PR77W wrote:
I'm also still hopeful PAL will expand there A350 fleet either with the 359 or 35K. If no new order could also wait for the Singapore Air Show in 2020.

Perhaps El Kapitan would go with a bang and order A35K Ultrafans before he retires..... :old:


SkyHigher wrote:
PAS19 isn't over, so we'll know if there will be new aircraft orders from PAL.

PR is waiting for Airbus's announcement that the A338 is finally EASA certified :!: :bigthumbsup:
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield
 
PR77W
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:02 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:09 am

Devilfish wrote:
PR77W wrote:
I'm starting to think JJB was at Paris Air Show just for the Skytrex Airlines Awards. In which PAL recived the tittle "Most improve airline in the world"

I was hoping there was more to it than that (like an XLR conversion) but apparently, PAL's long time president would just quietly fade into the background.....


Maybe PAL is waiting for Airbus to clarify how will they address the comfort issue of speding 10-12 hours on a narrow-body before ordering. AFAIK PR has purchased rights for 19 additional A321neo with some could be converted to the XLR variant. It is also possible they will wait for Airbus to develop the ''A322"or Boeing "NMA"

https://runwaygirlnetwork.com/2019/06/1 ... questions/

https://onemileatatime.com/should-passe ... e-a321xlr/

PR is waiting for Airbus's announcement that the A338 is finally EASA certified :!:

I'm not against PAL ordering the A338 like others said. if it will fit in there fleet then they will order it.
 
airlinebuilder
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:37 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:18 am

PAL for the time being is too conservative from fleet expansion to network expansion - for some reason, they need to poke the executive who are seated at the board for the convenience more than what is needed to be done. Objectively opportunities abound for PAL but ..... they opt to miss the ride

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos