jgcotter
Posts: 686
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:13 pm

MD-83 N9616G is en route from DFW to ROW for retirement.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N9616G
 
jgcotter
Posts: 686
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:17 pm

MD-83 N9615W is en route from DFW to ROW for retirement.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N9615W
 
jgcotter
Posts: 686
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:20 pm

MD-83 N968TW is en route from STL to ROW for retirement.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N968TW
 
jgcotter
Posts: 686
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:29 pm

MD-83 N9619V is en route from DFW to ROW for retirement.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N9619V
 
jgcotter
Posts: 686
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:36 pm

MD-83 N9681B is en route from DFW to ROW for retirement.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N9681B
 
jgcotter
Posts: 686
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:38 pm

MD-83 N9620D is en route from TUL to ROW for retirement.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N9620D
 
musman9853
Posts: 823
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 12:30 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:39 pm

o7

you were a terrible bird but people like you for some reason. enjoy the desert
Welcome to the City Beautiful.
 
maps4ltd
Posts: 375
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:01 pm

This is a field day for Jgcotter.
Delta Gold Medallion and Southwest A-List
 
jgcotter
Posts: 686
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:37 pm

MD-83 N983TW is en route from DFW to ROW for retirement.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N983TW
 
jgcotter
Posts: 686
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:45 pm

MD-83 N984TW is en route from ORD to ROW for retirement.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N984TW
 
Dominion301
Posts: 2256
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:52 pm

And here's the last one headed for ROW out of ORD: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAL ... /KORD/KROW

Due into ROW at 15:32 local time.
 
jgcotter
Posts: 686
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:16 pm

MD-83s N501AA and N9621A ferried DFW to TUL today to be donated to flying training schools according to the LA Times. N9677W will remain at DFW for future de-icing practice.
 
Buffalomatt1027
Posts: 391
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:02 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:19 pm

This might be a dumb question ........ but with the maxes shelved for the time being. What aircraft is replacing all these mad dogs being retired today?
 
Ishrion
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:28 pm

Buffalomatt1027 wrote:
This might be a dumb question ........ but with the maxes shelved for the time being. What aircraft is replacing all these mad dogs being retired today?


Many past MD-80 routes (LBB, AMA, etc.) are being replaced by A319/738s.
 
alasizon
Posts: 1931
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:57 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:23 pm

jgcotter wrote:
N9677W will remain at DFW for future de-icing practice.


Seems like there is a need for at least two for deicing practice when you also factor in ORD & PHL; of course there is no room there for storage of another plane.

Ishrion wrote:
Buffalomatt1027 wrote:
This might be a dumb question ........ but with the maxes shelved for the time being. What aircraft is replacing all these mad dogs being retired today?


Many past MD-80 routes (LBB, AMA, etc.) are being replaced by A319/738s.

Also it is a slow(er) season currently so many of the routes are trimmed during the September time frame and not as many aircraft are needed.
Manager on Duty & Tower Planner
 
FSDan
Posts: 2611
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:27 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:02 pm

So at this point the mainline fleet is FINALLY all in the new livery (special schemes notwithstanding)!

Still some old school Eagle liveries out there on ERJ-140s, I believe...
This is my signature until I think of a better one.
 
User avatar
American 767
Posts: 4439
Joined: Wed May 19, 1999 7:27 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:26 pm

FSDan wrote:
So at this point the mainline fleet is FINALLY all in the new livery (special schemes notwithstanding)!

Still some old school Eagle liveries out there on ERJ-140s, I believe...


Yes, other than retro liveries, all aircraft in the mainline fleet are now in the new livery. The new livery was unveiled six years ago. The three-color livery on silver and the AA logo is now a thing of the past. An era has now closed in the history of American Airlines. N921NN, a 738 in the clAAssic livery, I would now consider that as retro livery.

There are, I believe, still a few ERJ-140s left in the old Eagle livery, yes. But not too many of them.
Ben Soriano
 
TXRoadMan
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:04 pm

American 767 wrote:
There are, I believe, still a few ERJ-140s left in the old Eagle livery, yes. But not too many of them.

They don't even have enough 140s painted to fulfill the ultimate fleet plan with new livery aircraft. 3 or 4 still need to be painted for all of the remaining frames to wear the new livery after the 'temporary' frames go back to SJT.
 
User avatar
JetAwayDrew
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:58 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:22 pm

Wait, two aircraft headed to ROW from ORD? I thought only one was scheduled into ORD from DFW (Flight 80)?
 
jgcotter
Posts: 686
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:54 am

JetAwayDrew wrote:
Wait, two aircraft headed to ROW from ORD? I thought only one was scheduled into ORD from DFW (Flight 80)?

That was the same flight from ORD to ROW listed by registration number on one and by flight number on the other. Tap both FlightAware links to compare.
 
ckfred
Posts: 5148
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2001 12:50 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:02 pm

It seems to me that one of the MD-80s should go to the Museum of Flight in Seattle.
 
DeltaMD95
Posts: 502
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:37 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:18 pm

ckfred wrote:
It seems to me that one of the MD-80s should go to the Museum of Flight in Seattle.


It will be quite disheartening if not a single AA MD80 is persevered for the Museum of Flight or CR Smith. And at least at this point, it appears the odds are well stacked against it.
Did you know that a Boeing 717-200 is really a McDonnell Douglas MD95-30? ;-)
 
UpNAWAy
Posts: 524
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:42 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:32 am

CR Smith has no room. They have given a few to universities and flight schools in the last few years.
 
rj1385
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:09 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:57 am

So now that the MD80's are out, is there any word to the last E190 flight for AA? I assume that with AA owning the planes there is not an extreme rush with the 737Max stuck on the ground. Also assuming the life of the E190 is dependent on the ability to get the used A319's in the air?
 
anymaninfc
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 7:13 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:13 am

rj1385 wrote:
So now that the MD80's are out, is there any word to the last E190 flight for AA? I assume that with AA owning the planes there is not an extreme rush with the 737Max stuck on the ground. Also assuming the life of the E190 is dependent on the ability to get the used A319's in the air?


The last 14 E190s aren't scheduled to leave until sometime in 2020, according to the last plan.
 
Detroit313
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:56 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:06 pm

Are all the 319s from Frontier flying now?
 
anymaninfc
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 7:13 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:57 pm

Detroit313 wrote:
Are all the 319s from Frontier flying now?


No. I believe the two remaining to be N775XF and N776XF are still in prep. One is at GYR getting painted, other I don't know where it is. The one at GYR should be nearly ready to ferry to CLT for final prep before going into service.
 
AAPramugari14
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:35 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:42 pm

anymaninfc wrote:
Detroit313 wrote:
Are all the 319s from Frontier flying now?


No. I believe the two remaining to be N775XF and N776XF are still in prep. One is at GYR getting painted, other I don't know where it is. The one at GYR should be nearly ready to ferry to CLT for final prep before going into service.


Was talking to one of our pilots about the 319s from Frontier and from what he said they all have recurring electrical issues they can't seem to nail down.
 
Runway28L
Posts: 1825
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:13 am

Happened a while ago, but the first two E190s have exited the fleet. N950UW and N951UW ferried PHL-SAT for storage on 9/16 and 9/24.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N950UW
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N951UW
 
anymaninfc
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 7:13 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:25 am

Runway28L wrote:
Happened a while ago, but the first two E190s have exited the fleet. N950UW and N951UW ferried PHL-SAT for storage on 9/16 and 9/24.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N950UW
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N951UW


Has N949UW been retired? It's been at SAT since 9-1-19.
 
Phoenix757767
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:16 am

SAT is where the E190s get their heavy maintenance done v
 
anymaninfc
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 7:13 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:20 am

Has anyone seen a delivery schedule for A321Neos N705AN and N707AN? N707AN has flown it's first flight, and N705AN has had it Taxi Ck and RTO. Thanks!
 
User avatar
American 767
Posts: 4439
Joined: Wed May 19, 1999 7:27 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:42 am

anymaninfc wrote:
rj1385 wrote:
So now that the MD80's are out, is there any word to the last E190 flight for AA? I assume that with AA owning the planes there is not an extreme rush with the 737Max stuck on the ground. Also assuming the life of the E190 is dependent on the ability to get the used A319's in the air?


The last 14 E190s aren't scheduled to leave until sometime in 2020, according to the last plan.


That's right. And also 2020 is now when the last 767s are scheduled to be retired. The last one is expected to be phased out end of 2020. The MD-80s are gone. No new types are expected at this point, the A350s are not coming, so it looks like by 2021, there will be even fewer types and the fleet will look like this:

A319
A320
A321/321NEO
A332/333
B738/738MAX (if the MAX ever comes back, otherwise 738 of current generation only)
B757
B777-200/300ER
B787-8/9

So that'll bring the future mainline fleet down to only six types if you consider the A319/320/321 as one type. And again, I don't foresee the addition of a new type anytime soon.

Eagle fleet:
CR7/9
E145
E170
Ben Soriano
 
Runway28L
Posts: 1825
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:34 am

anymaninfc wrote:
Has anyone seen a delivery schedule for A321Neos N705AN and N707AN? N707AN has flown it's first flight, and N705AN has had it Taxi Ck and RTO. Thanks!

I think you meant N405AN and N407AN?

407 should arrive here at PIT late this week or early next week, while 405 will probably arrive late next week. Good to see A21N deliveries are picking back up. It has been nearly 3 months since the last one was delivered.
 
anymaninfc
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 7:13 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:45 am

Runway28L wrote:
anymaninfc wrote:
Has anyone seen a delivery schedule for A321Neos N705AN and N707AN? N707AN has flown it's first flight, and N705AN has had it Taxi Ck and RTO. Thanks!

I think you meant N405AN and N407AN?

407 should arrive here at PIT late this week or early next week, while 405 will probably arrive late next week. Good to see A21N deliveries are picking back up. It has been nearly 3 months since the last one was delivered.


Thanks, Runway...my mind was obviously up and locked on those bad tail numbers.
 
Miamiairport
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:14 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:43 am

American 767 wrote:
anymaninfc wrote:
rj1385 wrote:
So now that the MD80's are out, is there any word to the last E190 flight for AA? I assume that with AA owning the planes there is not an extreme rush with the 737Max stuck on the ground. Also assuming the life of the E190 is dependent on the ability to get the used A319's in the air?


The last 14 E190s aren't scheduled to leave until sometime in 2020, according to the last plan.


That's right. And also 2020 is now when the last 767s are scheduled to be retired. The last one is expected to be phased out end of 2020. The MD-80s are gone. No new types are expected at this point, the A350s are not coming, so it looks like by 2021, there will be even fewer types and the fleet will look like this:

A319
A320
A321/321NEO
A332/333
B738/738MAX (if the MAX ever comes back, otherwise 738 of current generation only)
B757
B777-200/300ER
B787-8/9

So that'll bring the future mainline fleet down to only six types if you consider the A319/320/321 as one type. And again, I don't foresee the addition of a new type anytime soon.

Eagle fleet:
CR7/9
E145
E170



I thought Eagle would retain around 20-30 CR2s (although hopefully I'll never be on any of them). Are all of the E140s expected to be retired? Still a number of them in the old livery.
 
User avatar
American 767
Posts: 4439
Joined: Wed May 19, 1999 7:27 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:27 pm

Miamiairport wrote:
American 767 wrote:
anymaninfc wrote:

The last 14 E190s aren't scheduled to leave until sometime in 2020, according to the last plan.


That's right. And also 2020 is now when the last 767s are scheduled to be retired. The last one is expected to be phased out end of 2020. The MD-80s are gone. No new types are expected at this point, the A350s are not coming, so it looks like by 2021, there will be even fewer types and the fleet will look like this:

A319
A320
A321/321NEO
A332/333
B738/738MAX (if the MAX ever comes back, otherwise 738 of current generation only)
B757
B777-200/300ER
B787-8/9

So that'll bring the future mainline fleet down to only six types if you consider the A319/320/321 as one type. And again, I don't foresee the addition of a new type anytime soon.

Eagle fleet:
CR7/9
E145
E170



I thought Eagle would retain around 20-30 CR2s (although hopefully I'll never be on any of them). Are all of the E140s expected to be retired? Still a number of them in the old livery.


Yes I know they still have a few 140s left, I spotted one in the old livery recently. But I'm not sure how much longer they'll be around that's why I didn't mention them. Same for the CR-2s I wasn't sure about those. I mentioned the ones that I was sure about.
Ben Soriano
 
bigb
Posts: 896
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:30 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:05 pm

Miamiairport wrote:
American 767 wrote:
anymaninfc wrote:

The last 14 E190s aren't scheduled to leave until sometime in 2020, according to the last plan.


That's right. And also 2020 is now when the last 767s are scheduled to be retired. The last one is expected to be phased out end of 2020. The MD-80s are gone. No new types are expected at this point, the A350s are not coming, so it looks like by 2021, there will be even fewer types and the fleet will look like this:

A319
A320
A321/321NEO
A332/333
B738/738MAX (if the MAX ever comes back, otherwise 738 of current generation only)
B757
B777-200/300ER
B787-8/9

So that'll bring the future mainline fleet down to only six types if you consider the A319/320/321 as one type. And again, I don't foresee the addition of a new type anytime soon.

Eagle fleet:
CR7/9
E145
E170



I thought Eagle would retain around 20-30 CR2s (although hopefully I'll never be on any of them). Are all of the E140s expected to be retired? Still a number of them in the old livery.


PSA will be down to 15 CR2s by the end of of year as more 900s are coming online. There are talks of pushing up some CR9 deliveries also. The plan is for the remaining CR2s to be around until the new DCA regional concourse is finished. Then they will he retired. Also all of the CR2s are being consolidated to DCA.
 
aaflyer222
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:34 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:33 pm

bigb wrote:
Miamiairport wrote:
American 767 wrote:

That's right. And also 2020 is now when the last 767s are scheduled to be retired. The last one is expected to be phased out end of 2020. The MD-80s are gone. No new types are expected at this point, the A350s are not coming, so it looks like by 2021, there will be even fewer types and the fleet will look like this:

A319
A320
A321/321NEO
A332/333
B738/738MAX (if the MAX ever comes back, otherwise 738 of current generation only)
B757
B777-200/300ER
B787-8/9

So that'll bring the future mainline fleet down to only six types if you consider the A319/320/321 as one type. And again, I don't foresee the addition of a new type anytime soon.

Eagle fleet:
CR7/9
E145
E170



I thought Eagle would retain around 20-30 CR2s (although hopefully I'll never be on any of them). Are all of the E140s expected to be retired? Still a number of them in the old livery.


PSA will be down to 15 CR2s by the end of of year as more 900s are coming online. There are talks of pushing up some CR9 deliveries also. The plan is for the remaining CR2s to be around until the new DCA regional concourse is finished. Then they will he retired. Also all of the CR2s are being consolidated to DCA.


how many cr2 remain at present?
74m, 772, 763, 764, 752, 733, 734, 738, 739, a319, a320, a321, s80, m88, m90, e190, e170, e175, e140, e145, cr2, cr7, cr9, dh1, dh3, dh4, at72, s340
 
anymaninfc
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 7:13 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:57 pm

AAs A321Neo N410AN made it's first flight today, Thurs. 10-10. It was assembled at Mobile, AL.
 
User avatar
American 767
Posts: 4439
Joined: Wed May 19, 1999 7:27 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:27 am

aaflyer222 wrote:
bigb wrote:
Miamiairport wrote:


I thought Eagle would retain around 20-30 CR2s (although hopefully I'll never be on any of them). Are all of the E140s expected to be retired? Still a number of them in the old livery.


PSA will be down to 15 CR2s by the end of of year as more 900s are coming online. There are talks of pushing up some CR9 deliveries also. The plan is for the remaining CR2s to be around until the new DCA regional concourse is finished. Then they will he retired. Also all of the CR2s are being consolidated to DCA.


how many cr2 remain at present?


According to Wiki, 28 of them remain at this point. They are all with PSA (IATA code OH), part of the American Airlines Group.
Ben Soriano
 
IAmGaroott
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:37 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:06 am

American 767 wrote:
anymaninfc wrote:
rj1385 wrote:
So now that the MD80's are out, is there any word to the last E190 flight for AA? I assume that with AA owning the planes there is not an extreme rush with the 737Max stuck on the ground. Also assuming the life of the E190 is dependent on the ability to get the used A319's in the air?


The last 14 E190s aren't scheduled to leave until sometime in 2020, according to the last plan.


That's right. And also 2020 is now when the last 767s are scheduled to be retired. The last one is expected to be phased out end of 2020. The MD-80s are gone. No new types are expected at this point, the A350s are not coming, so it looks like by 2021, there will be even fewer types and the fleet will look like this:

A319
A320
A321/321NEO
A332/333
B738/738MAX (if the MAX ever comes back, otherwise 738 of current generation only)
B757
B777-200/300ER
B787-8/9

So that'll bring the future mainline fleet down to only six types if you consider the A319/320/321 as one type. And again, I don't foresee the addition of a new type anytime soon.

Eagle fleet:
CR7/9
E145
E170

Some of those LUS A319/20/21s are getting on in years. Anyone have insight on when their leases are up or when they're due for D checks? I have to imagine they'll be on their way out sooner than later.
 
Runway28L
Posts: 1825
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:43 am

A21N N405AN scheduled to ferry XFW-PIT on 10/12 for delivery and induction.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/AA9707
 
Detroit313
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:56 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:52 am

So, whata going to happen with all the MAX that were supposed to be delivered in 2019 once the aircraft is back to flying again? Are they all going to be delivered in a very short period of time? Like within the first 1-2 months? Have they been assembled and just sitting somewhere? Sorry if it's a dumb question. I'm just curious.
 
User avatar
cathay747
Posts: 1115
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:47 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:43 pm

Runway28L wrote:
A21N N405AN scheduled to ferry XFW-PIT on 10/12 for delivery and induction.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/AA9707


I think I may have read somewhere, perhaps even way earlier in this thread but not sure...so can somebody explain why the 321neo's are delivered to/inducted in at PIT? Is it because of a LUS major Airbus MX base there?

While on the topic of MX bases, can anybody also list all of AA's current MX bases and what's done at each? I'm curious given what was inherited from US (and before that even HP like here at PHX). Thanks in advance.
Try a Little VC-10derness
 
MIflyer12
Posts: 5816
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:26 pm

IAmGaroott wrote:
Some of those LUS A319/20/21s are getting on in years. Anyone have insight on when their leases are up or when they're due for D checks? I have to imagine they'll be on their way out sooner than later.


The oldest 319s in the AA fleet are 21 years old. I doubt any with be retired soon.

The oldest 320 is just shy of 22 years old.

The oldest 321 is short of 19 years.

AA is talking about big reductions in CAPEX to improve cash flow. That requires a cut in new frame deliveries. The 319/320/321s will be flown to economic end of life.
 
Phoenix757767
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:29 pm

cathay747 wrote:
Runway28L wrote:
A21N N405AN scheduled to ferry XFW-PIT on 10/12 for delivery and induction.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/AA9707


I think I may have read somewhere, perhaps even way earlier in this thread but not sure...so can somebody explain why the 321neo's are delivered to/inducted in at PIT? Is it because of a LUS major Airbus MX base there?

While on the topic of MX bases, can anybody also list all of AA's current MX bases and what's done at each? I'm curious given what was inherited from US (and before that even HP like here at PHX). Thanks in advance.

Heavy maintenance is done at CLT, PIT, TUL, and some light Heavy at PHX. Line maintenance is around 50 stations.

Yes PIT and CLT are Airbus Heavy MTC.
 
Phoenix757767
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:34 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
IAmGaroott wrote:
Some of those LUS A319/20/21s are getting on in years. Anyone have insight on when their leases are up or when they're due for D checks? I have to imagine they'll be on their way out sooner than later.


The oldest 319s in the AA fleet are 21 years old. I doubt any with be retired soon.

The oldest 320 is just shy of 22 years old.

The oldest 321 is short of 19 years.

AA is talking about big reductions in CAPEX to improve cash flow. That requires a cut in new frame deliveries. The 319/320/321s will be flown to economic end of life.

They already announced deferments a long time ago, no others are planned. They actually increased the 787 order.

https://onemileatatime.com/american-787-order/

From last year.

American cancels orders, defers deliveries and selects regional jet replacements
So far in 2018, American Airlines has cancelled an order for 22 Airbus A350 widebodies, ordered 47 Boeing 787s, and deferred deliveries of 40 737 MAX jets and 22 A321neos.

At the same time, American has ordered larger regional aircraft – 15 Bombardier CRJ900s and 15 Embraer 175s to replace smaller gauge jets.
 
Runway28L
Posts: 1825
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:40 pm

B763 N394AN ferried PHL-ROW for retirement today.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/AA9647
 
JonNYC
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:26 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2019

Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:45 pm

cathay747 wrote:
..I think I may have read somewhere, perhaps even way earlier in this thread but not sure...so can somebody explain why the 321neo's are delivered to/inducted in at PIT? Is it because of a LUS major Airbus MX base there?


Of some note, some future 321Neos will be undergoing "final assembly" here in the U.S.:
https://twitter.com/xJonNYC/status/1182 ... 00416?s=20

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos