• 1
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:18 am

Sorry for the poor quality video.
AN124 taking off

https://youtu.be/qAGjoqNpiqQ
 
TheFlyGuy
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:10 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:32 am

Glad to see PHL gain nonstop service to Africa and be AA’s first step into the continent. With RAM joining OW next year, I am optimistic that this flight will be a success. I would have preferred to have seen RAM launch the route as it would be nice to see an additional foreign carrier at PHL, but beggars can’t be choosers. My hope is that in the long term this could result in PHL one day being a sort of gateway to Africa, perhaps with flights to cities such as CAI, NBO, LOS, or even JNB, but I’m getting ahead of myself.

However, I can’t help but be a little underwhelmed by today’s announcement. The CMN flight is only seasonal, just 3x per week, and on a 757, which is not many seats. Meanwhile, DFW gets year-round, 3x weekly service to TLV on a 789. My hope/assumption was that if AA were to ever bring back TLV service it would have been from PHL.

Additionally, while it’s nice to see the KEF flight moved to PHL, my fear is that this will result in FI terminating their PHL route and the airport lose one of its few foreign carriers. AAs launch of KEF from DFW was presumably to drive FI out of the market, which happened. If the same were to happen at PHL, I’m not convinced AA would continue serving KEF. However, my hope and what I could see happening, is the AA route to/from PHL serving connecting traffic with KEF as their destination (and vice versa for Icelanders traveling to/from U.S. destinations not served by FI), and FI serving local pax connecting to Europe.

Lastly, I’m glad to see TXL and DBV increased to daily next year. Maybe one or more of the many seasonal European destinations from PHL will eventually expand to year-round.

Apologies for my rant.
 
usairways85
Posts: 4031
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 11:59 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:08 am

It's unfortunate that PHL did not get TLV. But there are nice route/frequency additions. I think there is room for two airlines on PHL-KEF. The 752 additions provide some flexibility on the departure gate that they do not have with widebodies.
 
User avatar
chepos
Posts: 6785
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2000 9:40 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:41 am

I believe PHL will eventually see TLV again, I am certain DFW will do well to TLV and they will expand. I can see either PHL-TLV or ORD-TLV on a 788 come summer 2021.

Glad to see BUD continue to do well out of PHL, to the point that rumor has it a 330 is operating the route in 2020. I recall when the route was launched certain anetters said it would not last past 2018.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fly the Flag!!!!
 
jetsetter629
Posts: 470
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:07 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:50 pm

usairways85 wrote:
It's unfortunate that PHL did not get TLV. But there are nice route/frequency additions. I think there is room for two airlines on PHL-KEF. The 752 additions provide some flexibility on the departure gate that they do not have with widebodies.


And just to confirm, this is a route that cannot be opperated with the MAX or XLR because of the JV clause for lie-flat seats to Europe?

Also, is there any particular reason that AA cannot operate LUS A319s from PHL to the West Coast? This could help maintain year-round service to destinations such as PDX and SLC while also adding SMF, SJC, and SNA. I do recall US flew the A319 between PHL and SNA in the early 2000s
 
dfw88
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:25 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:03 pm

jetsetter629 wrote:
And just to confirm, this is a route that cannot be opperated with the MAX or XLR because of the JV clause for lie-flat seats to Europe?


That is sort of correct. The MAX cannot be used because it does not have lie-flat seats. However, most reliable intel suggests that AA plans to use the XLR for transatlantic flights, which implies that it will have lie-flats. Hence, it could be used on the KEF route once they start arriving, though personally I find that unlikely as there will be much better (read: longer and very thin) routes to use them on. Unless, of course, you meant the 321NEO, which, like the MAX, also does not have lie-flats, so it can't be used. In other words: MAX -> No, NEO -> No, XLR -> Yes.

Interestingly, Iceland was not originally included in the JV and was added much later (either in late 2018 or early 2019, I can't remember).
 
gjrip
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:16 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:33 pm

Sorry but just to keep track internally, how many 787 routes are we expecting at PHL in the coming year-ish? I seem to be aware of AMS, MAN, and ZRH? Any additional 787s expected to replace 767s? And as far as international route changes go we are seeing a new 757 route to CMN, LH transitioning from 744 to A346 after the winter, Qatar to return to A359 but now with Qsuites, and Icelandair to (ideally) return to MAX service?
PHL spotter - Leonardo Helicopters Aerospace Engineer - Old City, Philly
 
User avatar
chepos
Posts: 6785
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2000 9:40 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:43 pm

gjrip wrote:
Sorry but just to keep track internally, how many 787 routes are we expecting at PHL in the coming year-ish? I seem to be aware of AMS, MAN, and ZRH? Any additional 787s expected to replace 767s? And as far as international route changes go we are seeing a new 757 route to CMN, LH transitioning from 744 to A346 after the winter, Qatar to return to A359 but now with Qsuites, and Icelandair to (ideally) return to MAX service?


787-8 is scheduled to operate
AMS
ZRH
MAN

New summer seasonal 757 routes for AA in 2020 - KEF, CMN

Dropped, BLQ.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fly the Flag!!!!
 
Ishrion
Posts: 1174
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:54 pm

chepos wrote:
gjrip wrote:
Sorry but just to keep track internally, how many 787 routes are we expecting at PHL in the coming year-ish? I seem to be aware of AMS, MAN, and ZRH? Any additional 787s expected to replace 767s? And as far as international route changes go we are seeing a new 757 route to CMN, LH transitioning from 744 to A346 after the winter, Qatar to return to A359 but now with Qsuites, and Icelandair to (ideally) return to MAX service?


787-8 is scheduled to operate
AMS
ZRH
MAN

New summer seasonal 757 routes for AA in 2020 - KEF, CMN

Dropped, BLQ.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


DBV/TXL are going daily, so presumably a few 763s will be going there.
 
smflyer
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 4:44 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:48 pm

jetsetter629 wrote:
usairways85 wrote:
It's unfortunate that PHL did not get TLV. But there are nice route/frequency additions. I think there is room for two airlines on PHL-KEF. The 752 additions provide some flexibility on the departure gate that they do not have with widebodies.


And just to confirm, this is a route that cannot be opperated with the MAX or XLR because of the JV clause for lie-flat seats to Europe?

Also, is there any particular reason that AA cannot operate LUS A319s from PHL to the West Coast? This could help maintain year-round service to destinations such as PDX and SLC while also adding SMF, SJC, and SNA. I do recall US flew the A319 between PHL and SNA in the early 2000s


US also flew SMF-PHL seasonal red-eye up until 2016 I believe and switched the route over to SMF-ORD
 
Ishrion
Posts: 1174
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:51 pm

smflyer wrote:
jetsetter629 wrote:
usairways85 wrote:
It's unfortunate that PHL did not get TLV. But there are nice route/frequency additions. I think there is room for two airlines on PHL-KEF. The 752 additions provide some flexibility on the departure gate that they do not have with widebodies.


And just to confirm, this is a route that cannot be opperated with the MAX or XLR because of the JV clause for lie-flat seats to Europe?

Also, is there any particular reason that AA cannot operate LUS A319s from PHL to the West Coast? This could help maintain year-round service to destinations such as PDX and SLC while also adding SMF, SJC, and SNA. I do recall US flew the A319 between PHL and SNA in the early 2000s


US also flew SMF-PHL seasonal red-eye up until 2016 I believe and switched the route over to SMF-ORD


AA has said they will install premium products such as lie-flat seats into their XLRs specifically for long-haul travel to Europe. It's meant to replace the 757, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it on the PHL-KEF flight one day.

If you're referring to the neo rather than the XLR, it could technically fly PHL-KEF, but it looks like AA will keep lie-flat opportunities on TATL flights and keep the neos on domestic/Hawaii.
 
usairways85
Posts: 4031
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 11:59 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:36 am

June Traffic Numbers

Domestic
Month: -0.1% YTD: +3.3%
International
Month: +3.3% YTD: +5.5%
Total
Month: +0.4% YTD: +3.6%
YTD Paxs: 15,843,071
 
crownvic
Posts: 2465
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:16 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:20 am

usairways85 wrote:
June Traffic Numbers

Domestic
Month: -0.1% YTD: +3.3%
International
Month: +3.3% YTD: +5.5%
Total
Month: +0.4% YTD: +3.6%
YTD Paxs: 15,843,071


Considering the constant cuts to the domestic system at PHL, I am surprised it was only off 0.1%...
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:36 pm

Just listening to the PHL podcast. With XLR coming, what routes would the XLR fill out for PHL? On the podcast the AA representative mention South America and more Europe destinations. Also the XLR supposedly will be a 3 class configuration with roughly 150+ seats.
 
Ishrion
Posts: 1174
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:44 pm

PHLspecial wrote:
Just listening to the PHL podcast. With XLR coming, what routes would the XLR fill out for PHL? On the podcast the AA representative mention South America and more Europe destinations. Also the XLR supposedly will be a 3 class configuration with roughly 150+ seats.


Rumored PHL-NCE/AGP, replacing 757 on KEF/EDI/SNN.

More secondary, possibly Porto, return to Brussels?
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:51 pm

Ishrion wrote:
PHLspecial wrote:
Just listening to the PHL podcast. With XLR coming, what routes would the XLR fill out for PHL? On the podcast the AA representative mention South America and more Europe destinations. Also the XLR supposedly will be a 3 class configuration with roughly 150+ seats.


Rumored PHL-NCE/AGP, replacing 757 on KEF/EDI/SNN.

More secondary, possibly Porto, return to Brussels?


I see, I would guess the PHL-NCE would be started on a B757 then switch over to the A321XLR. Those XLR are not coming until 2023.
 
usairways85
Posts: 4031
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 11:59 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:57 pm

Looks like AS SFO-PHL goes seasonal and LAX-PHL is cancelled.
 
jetsetter629
Posts: 470
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:07 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:15 pm

usairways85 wrote:
Looks like AS SFO-PHL goes seasonal and LAX-PHL is cancelled.


Yikes - not good for AS. LAX was always going to be tough for AS with strong AA presence on both sides and NK dominating the LCC. In SFO, they were also competing with UA.

On the flip side, they've doubled SEA
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:57 pm

usairways85 wrote:
Looks like AS SFO-PHL goes seasonal and LAX-PHL is cancelled.


Aww man that sucks I thought both routes were doing pretty good but obviously I was wrong.
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:04 pm

Bigant0408 wrote:
usairways85 wrote:
Looks like AS SFO-PHL goes seasonal and LAX-PHL is cancelled.


Aww man that sucks I thought both routes were doing pretty good but obviously I was wrong.


That is a massive shame. I thought the switching to the afternoon flight would boost numbers for the LAX flight
 
jplatts
Posts: 2768
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:00 am

PHLspecial wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:
usairways85 wrote:
Looks like AS SFO-PHL goes seasonal and LAX-PHL is cancelled.


Aww man that sucks I thought both routes were doing pretty good but obviously I was wrong.


That is a massive shame. I thought the switching to the afternoon flight would boost numbers for the LAX flight


While AA and NK are currently the other airlines serving LAX nonstop from PHL, DL adding PHL-LAX nonstop service is a possibility as:
(a) DL has a hub at LAX in addition to AA, UA, and AS,
(b) PHL is one of the top domestic destinations that DL doesn't currently serve nonstop from LAX,
(c) DL has more market share at PHL than UA, B6, AS, or ULCC's,
and
(d) DL already offers multiple daily nonstops out of PHL to its Midwest and East Coast hubs and focus cities.
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:56 am

jplatts wrote:
PHLspecial wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:

Aww man that sucks I thought both routes were doing pretty good but obviously I was wrong.


That is a massive shame. I thought the switching to the afternoon flight would boost numbers for the LAX flight


While AA and NK are currently the other airlines serving LAX nonstop from PHL, DL adding PHL-LAX nonstop service is a possibility as:
(a) DL has a hub at LAX in addition to AA, UA, and AS,
(b) PHL is one of the top domestic destinations that DL doesn't currently serve nonstop from LAX,
(c) DL has more market share at PHL than UA, B6, AS, or ULCC's,
and
(d) DL already offers multiple daily nonstops out of PHL to its Midwest and East Coast hubs and focus cities.


I remember DL did service this route few years ago granted the flight times weren’t that great.
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
Philly65
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:15 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:13 am

Considering the noncompetitive schedule of ASA's PHL/CALI flying, I am not surprised the routes are being dropped.
 
jplatts
Posts: 2768
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:42 am

Bigant0408 wrote:
I remember DL did service this route few years ago granted the flight times weren’t that great.


Chicago, Miami/Fort Lauderdale, and Houston are the only U.S. markets without DL nonstop service out of LAX that have higher PDEW's to Greater Los Angeles than Philadelphia does.

DL might be able to make PHL-LAX nonstop service work with better flight times as DL has been expanding at LAX during the last 5 years.
 
strfyr51
Posts: 3931
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:37 am

acentauri wrote:
TheFlyGuy wrote:
............-TLV (despite AA cancelling this route after the merger as it was reportedly due to profitability, I wouldn’t be surprised to see it reinstated)..............

If the route was canceled due to profitability, as stated by AA (which I profoundly doubt), why wasn't it moved to JFK, ORD, MIA or even LAX, or suspended seasonally, rather than essentially quitting Israel all together and handing it over to DL/UA ? I mean if AA can make ORD/PHL-ATH work seasonally, they sure should easily be able to make slightly further TLV work. I speculate that PHL-TLV will return NLT 2nd Qtr 2020.

Especially since AA could have offered the route feed from other western Hubs and propped it up until Local feed became available through marketing,,
 
phllax
Posts: 514
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:53 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:10 am

jplatts wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:
I remember DL did service this route few years ago granted the flight times weren’t that great.


Chicago, Miami/Fort Lauderdale, and Houston are the only U.S. markets without DL nonstop service out of LAX that have higher PDEW's to Greater Los Angeles than Philadelphia does.

DL might be able to make PHL-LAX nonstop service work with better flight times as DL has been expanding at LAX during the last 5 years.


Delta operated a red-eye and 6 am Westbound when they ran it. Clearly daylight flights work best, as seen with NK operating daylight Eastbound.
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:20 pm

So looks like PHL will gain Saturday only seasonal service to Bozeman, Montana next year. Not a bad addition especially with Eagle/Vail starting up this December.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/american ... 00641.html
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:30 pm

Bigant0408 wrote:
So looks like PHL will gain Saturday only seasonal service to Bozeman, Montana next year. Not a bad addition especially with Eagle/Vail starting up this December.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/american ... 00641.html


Well nice add for PHL. I guess AA is going to continue to add vacation destinations to PHL network
 
gjrip
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:16 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:39 am

PHL to get 2 more 787 routes starting in January. PHL-DFW and PHL-ORD. That will be 5 routes for the 787 very soon.

Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/tedreed/20 ... s-in-2020/
PHL spotter - Leonardo Helicopters Aerospace Engineer - Old City, Philly
 
gjrip
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:16 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:56 pm

Qatar back to A359
PHL spotter - Leonardo Helicopters Aerospace Engineer - Old City, Philly
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:59 pm

gjrip wrote:
Qatar back to A359


Yea would love for A350-1000 one day but at least the 350-900 for this route has Qsuites now.
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
gjrip
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:16 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:28 pm

Bigant0408 wrote:
gjrip wrote:
Qatar back to A359


Yea would love for A350-1000 one day but at least the 350-900 for this route has Qsuites now.


I'm really satisfied with the Qsuites addition, so I'll take it. Very excited to get these 5 American 787 routes in as well.
PHL spotter - Leonardo Helicopters Aerospace Engineer - Old City, Philly
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:48 pm

gjrip wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:
gjrip wrote:
Qatar back to A359


Yea would love for A350-1000 one day but at least the 350-900 for this route has Qsuites now.


I'm really satisfied with the Qsuites addition, so I'll take it. Very excited to get these 5 American 787 routes in as well.


I totally agree. Will be great seeing newer aircraft at PHL even the 321LR from Aer Lingus in November.
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
gjrip
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:16 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:18 pm

2 days ago Lufthansa ran the 748 on the usual 744 route from FRA to PHL. Didn't get to see it personally, but you can see her on FR24.
PHL spotter - Leonardo Helicopters Aerospace Engineer - Old City, Philly
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:24 pm

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadelphi ... ss-at.html

Article and pics of Qatar Qsuite service on the PHL route.
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:34 pm

Can anyone confirm that American stopped running the A330s on the LAX route and no more widebodies on the SFO route? Or is just is it seasonal?
 
PHL1013
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:30 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:57 am

I found out some AA PHL-LAS flights will be upguaged from A321 to 767 with one starting October 3 and a second one starting in November with the return trip being the red eye
 
usairways85
Posts: 4031
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 11:59 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:01 pm

July Traffic Numbers

Domestic
Month: +3.5% YTD: +3.4%
International
Month: +1.9% YTD: +4.8%
Total
Month: +3.3% YTD: +3.6%
YTD Paxs: 18,992,959

Total cargo continues to grow at a very good clip, led by airfreight (UPS) with airmail steadily declining.

Month: +12.8% YTD: +8.6%
YTD Total cargo (Mail+Freight) (tons): 333,779.5

To put that into context
July YTD Total cargo
2013: 217,481
2014: 225,241
2015: 223,222
2016: 233,462
2017: 236,542
2018: 293,502
 
User avatar
phlsfo
Posts: 179
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:18 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:12 pm

QR713 DOH-IAH diverted to PHL due to flooding at IAH and DFW having no available space. A350-1000 A7-ANG. Hopefully continuing to IAH today based on condition of the airport.
 
jetsetter629
Posts: 470
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:07 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:00 pm

I saw the French Air Force A330 (a la Air Force One) in PHL this morning - it was parked over near the GA terminal.

Assuming it's for the UN Week in NY and parked in PHL for overflow from JFK. Is Macron attending?
 
ChrisNH38
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:53 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:30 pm

phlsfo wrote:
QR713 DOH-IAH diverted to PHL due to flooding at IAH and DFW having no available space. A350-1000 A7-ANG. Hopefully continuing to IAH today based on condition of the airport.


That's pretty funny...an airport the size of DFW not having any available space. :lol:
https://my.flightradar24.com/ChrisNH
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:41 pm

https://viewfromthewing.com/camerican-a ... -to-begin/

Construction on the new AA lounge will finally begin. Great news for PHL IMO
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:57 pm

Bigant0408 wrote:
https://viewfromthewing.com/camerican-airlines-flagship-lounge-philadelphia-about-to-begin/

Construction on the new AA lounge will finally begin. Great news for PHL IMO


It does look beautiful. Wonder if the lounge will get showers.
The news has been quiet at PHL lately.
Any other interesting projects coming down the pipeline?
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:30 pm

PHLspecial wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:
https://viewfromthewing.com/camerican-airlines-flagship-lounge-philadelphia-about-to-begin/

Construction on the new AA lounge will finally begin. Great news for PHL IMO


It does look beautiful. Wonder if the lounge will get showers.
The news has been quiet at PHL lately.
Any other interesting projects coming down the pipeline?


I would assume they get showers since it seems like that’s major part of there offerings but we shall see. Yea I haven’t heard anything else about PHL newsworthy. Seems like fall/winter time is quiet time for PHL. If anything I feel Frontier will announce more dartboard routes for spring and AA announce more domestic routes for spring.
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
User avatar
chepos
Posts: 6785
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2000 9:40 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:57 pm

Per the linked article, it states the lounge will include private shower suites.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fly the Flag!!!!
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:53 pm

So looks like Spirit's PHL-SJU is doing well enough that they'll be adding an additional daily flight in March. That's great news http://www.globenewswire.com/news-relea ... -Juan.html
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
usairways85
Posts: 4031
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 11:59 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:23 pm

Bigant0408 wrote:
So looks like Spirit's PHL-SJU is doing well enough that they'll be adding an additional daily flight in March. That's great news http://www.globenewswire.com/news-relea ... -Juan.html

That's good.

Frontier also increased it's schedule under the radar. Currently, even in the Sept/Oct down season, F9 is 2x daily on PHL-SJU.
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:30 pm

usairways85 wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:
So looks like Spirit's PHL-SJU is doing well enough that they'll be adding an additional daily flight in March. That's great news http://www.globenewswire.com/news-relea ... -Juan.html

That's good.

Frontier also increased it's schedule under the radar. Currently, even in the Sept/Oct down season, F9 is 2x daily on PHL-SJU.


Yea I noticed it to for Frontier. I did a dummy booking in March and Frontier schedule going to SJU is awful IMO. A 12:39am and 6am departure meanwhile Spirit is 3:30ish pm and 8:30ish pm departure. Overall good to see competition
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
usairways85
Posts: 4031
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 11:59 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:33 pm

United will restart IAD-PHL with 4x daily on two-class aircraft. Starting 5/8/2020.
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2019

Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:01 pm

usairways85 wrote:
United will restart IAD-PHL with 4x daily on two-class aircraft. Starting 5/8/2020.


Interesting I wonder why the change of heart. Still good tho for connections
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
  • 1
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos