BoeingGuy
Posts: 6314
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:01 pm

Re: OAG Changes 1/20/19:DL Adds RDU-PIT/MSY;F9 Adds BNA-ORD;FI Drops DFW;WW Closes MCO;VC Drops TLH-SFB

Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:05 am

LAX772LR wrote:
KICT wrote:
"Alaska" is not a name for a nationwide airline.
Virgin America was.

Ah yes, because we all know that a name like "Southwest" isn't well-received in places like Chicago, Nashville, Baltimore, Atlanta, New Orleans, and S.Florida. ;)


What’s even worse is that an airline named after the Mississippi River Delta couldn’t possibly have brand recognition in Paris, Amsterdam, Asia, Salt Lake City or the West Coast.
 
smokeybandit
Posts: 1074
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:24 pm

Re: OAG Changes 1/20/19:DL Adds RDU-PIT/MSY;F9 Adds BNA-ORD;FI Drops DFW;WW Closes MCO;VC Drops TLH-SFB

Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:23 am

KICT wrote:
"Alaska" is not a name for a nationwide airline.
Virgin America was.


Only if all of America was virgin
 
steeler83
Posts: 7637
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: OAG Changes 1/20/19:DL Adds RDU-PIT/MSY;F9 Adds BNA-ORD;FI Drops DFW;WW Closes MCO;VC Drops TLH-SFB

Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:52 pm

Nice to see DL add RDU-PIT. I don't think they should have any trouble at all with this route. I give it a week or two tops before AA announces they're ending PIT-RDU. How many seats do DL's CR9s seat? Is it 76 or 88?
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.
 
User avatar
flymco753
Posts: 3271
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: OAG Changes 1/20/19:DL Adds RDU-PIT/MSY;F9 Adds BNA-ORD;FI Drops DFW;WW Closes MCO;VC Drops TLH-SFB

Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:49 pm

tphuang wrote:
hockyluv21 wrote:
Delta seems to be anticipating that AA will drop RDU-PIT and G4/F9 will drop RDU-MSY sooner or later.

NK entering RDU-MSY is what's going to cause other ULCCs to drop. NK entering 9 RDU routes is pretty big deal, especially on RDU-BWI where DL is having a real hard time and RDU-DTW where DL had been milking. AA will probably drop RDU-PIT, but I really don't see how DL will perform beter on it than AA.

*NK ATL-DEN MAY 0>1.0[0] JUN 0>1.0[0] JUL 0>1.0[0] AUG 0>1.0[0]
*NK BOS-RDU MAY 0>1.0[0] JUN 0>1.0[0] JUL 0>1.0[0] AUG 0>1.0[0]
*NK BWI-RDU MAY 0>1.3[0] JUN 0>2[0] JUL 0>2[0] AUG 0>2[0] SEP 0>0.3[0]
NK CLE-RSW MAR 1.0>1.4[1.0] APR 1.0>1.3[0.4]
NK DTW-FLL MAR 2>3[2]
*NK DTW-RDU MAY 0>1.0[0] JUN 0>1.0[0] JUL 0>1.0[0] AUG 0>1.0[0]
*NK FLL-RDU MAY 0>1.0[0] JUN 0>1.0[0] JUL 0>1.0[0] AUG 0>1.0[0]
*NK MCO-RDU MAY 0>1.0[0] JUN 0>1.0[0] JUL 0>1.0[0] AUG 0>1.0[0]
NK MSP-RSW MAR 1.0>1.4[1.0] APR 1.0>1.3[0.4]
DL and NK add at the same time
*NK MSY-RDU MAY 0>1.0[0] JUN 0>1.0[0] JUL 0>1.0[0] AUG 0>1.0[0]
*NK ORD-RDU MAY 0>1.0[0] JUN 0>1.0[0] JUL 0>1.0[0] AUG 0>1.0[0]
*NK PHL-SJU JUN 0>0.5[0] JUL 0>0.5[0] AUG 0>0.5[0]

a lot of really impressive adds here. Both ATL-DEN and PHL-SJU just got added out of nowhere.

Interesting to see how most of these routes affect DL? DL hasn't been aggressively pricing matching NK on its routes, whereas UA/AA have been. Not a surprise to see NK continuing to go after DL strong stations.
NK is already strong at DTW. A lot of people who fly them have been for a very long time, ever since the airline was headquartered there. I don't think there's much DL can do at DTW but coexist with NK. It'll be interesting to see how it unfolds with RDU and AUS.
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...
 
RDUDDJI
Posts: 2103
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:42 am

Re: OAG Changes 1/20/19:DL Adds RDU-PIT/MSY;F9 Adds BNA-ORD;FI Drops DFW;WW Closes MCO;VC Drops TLH-SFB

Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:12 pm

steeler83 wrote:
Nice to see DL add RDU-PIT. I don't think they should have any trouble at all with this route. I give it a week or two tops before AA announces they're ending PIT-RDU. How many seats do DL's CR9s seat? Is it 76 or 88?


As someone who travels to PIT fairly often for work, I'm happy with this add (saves me an ATL/DTW connection). Wish it was at least 2x daily. I guess I missed the DL presser on it, but that's why I check out enilria's threads!
Sometimes we don't realize the good times when we're in them
 
freakyrat
Posts: 1732
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: OAG Changes 1/20/19:DL Adds RDU-PIT/MSY;F9 Adds BNA-ORD;FI Drops DFW;WW Closes MCO;VC Drops TLH-SFB

Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:14 pm

UA ORD-SBN JUL 5>4[4]

UA went to 5 flights a day to ORD when they made the EWR flights seasonal. By dropping the 5th flight they may be planning to bring back the EWR flights a month or so early.
 
User avatar
spinotter
Posts: 598
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 1:37 am

Re: OAG Changes 1/20/19:DL Adds RDU-PIT/MSY;F9 Adds BNA-ORD;FI Drops DFW;WW Closes MCO;VC Drops TLH-SFB

Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:08 pm

KICT wrote:
"Alaska" is not a name for a nationwide airline.
Virgin America was.


Is Southwest a proper name for a nationwide airline? I think that the name Alaska can be an ASset!
 
NCAD95
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:11 am

Re: OAG Changes 1/20/19:DL Adds RDU-PIT/MSY;F9 Adds BNA-ORD;FI Drops DFW;WW Closes MCO;VC Drops TLH-SFB

Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:09 pm

SRQKEF wrote:
FSDan wrote:
Is FI completely dropping DFW-KEF? I notice that in this report DFW-KEF is still showing some flights in May... So is the season just reduced to peak summer months, or is it really fully gone?


It’s unfortunately fully gone as things stand, announced earlier this month. I hope it’ll come back though at some point in the future as I still believe there’s room for ~180 seats a day on that route, especially once more European connections are added to FI’s network.


AA is stile flying DFW-KEF in S19 as far as I know.
 
NCAD95
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:11 am

Re: OAG Changes 1/20/19:DL Adds RDU-PIT/MSY;F9 Adds BNA-ORD;FI Drops DFW;WW Closes MCO;VC Drops TLH-SFB

Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:14 pm

ty97 wrote:
**WW KEF-MCO FEB 0.3>0[0] MAR 0.4>0[0] APR 0.4>0[0]

This one surprises me, not just the timing. They can't make low-fare leisure traffic route work to the Mouse House?


The problem is I think it's too long to make a turnaround in the same day to meet the European connections. Right now they need the shortest markets to KEF so that they can keep their operation on schedule.
 
FlyPNS1
Posts: 5466
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:12 am

Re: OAG Changes 1/20/19:DL Adds RDU-PIT/MSY;F9 Adds BNA-ORD;FI Drops DFW;WW Closes MCO;VC Drops TLH-SFB

Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:13 pm

enilria wrote:
UA IAD-SEA JUN 3>4[3] JUL 3>4[3] AUG 3>4[3]


IAD-SEA is getting quite competitive this year. UA is adding a 4th flight, AS is adding a 2nd flight and DL is launching their first. Just four years ago, this route was only UA 3x and that was it.
 
User avatar
SRQKEF
Posts: 1874
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:10 pm

Re: OAG Changes 1/20/19:DL Adds RDU-PIT/MSY;F9 Adds BNA-ORD;FI Drops DFW;WW Closes MCO;VC Drops TLH-SFB

Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:38 pm

NCAD95 wrote:
SRQKEF wrote:
FSDan wrote:
Is FI completely dropping DFW-KEF? I notice that in this report DFW-KEF is still showing some flights in May... So is the season just reduced to peak summer months, or is it really fully gone?


It’s unfortunately fully gone as things stand, announced earlier this month. I hope it’ll come back though at some point in the future as I still believe there’s room for ~180 seats a day on that route, especially once more European connections are added to FI’s network.


AA is stile flying DFW-KEF in S19 as far as I know.


Yes, I’m aware. FI has been operating year-round so I was more referencing to that. However, while I really hope AA stays in KEF because the more variety the better, I’m not too optimistic their DFW route is here for the long run now that FI and WOW are gone. I hope they’ll prove me wrong though!

Also, if three airlines saw an opportunity to add a total of 700 seats a day on a route, like the situation was last summer, that same route must at least have some basis in a more balanced competitive environment. That’s the reason I still believe AA might stay or FI could return one day.
Nothing compares to taking off in an empty 757 with full thrust!
 
chrisair
Posts: 2046
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2000 11:32 pm

Re: OAG Changes 1/20/19:DL Adds RDU-PIT/MSY;F9 Adds BNA-ORD;FI Drops DFW;WW Closes MCO;VC Drops TLH-SFB

Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:47 pm

Sydscott wrote:
4) Alaska needed a larger Corporate presence in the Bay Area to compete with Southwest which Virgin gave it.


Kind of hard to get any traction in the Bay Area when they are constantly cutting flights. But hey, if you need to fly to Fresno or Seattle, Alaska is your airline!

#mostwestcoast
 
NCAD95
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:11 am

Re: OAG Changes 1/20/19:DL Adds RDU-PIT/MSY;F9 Adds BNA-ORD;FI Drops DFW;WW Closes MCO;VC Drops TLH-SFB

Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:16 pm

SRQKEF wrote:
NCAD95 wrote:
SRQKEF wrote:

It’s unfortunately fully gone as things stand, announced earlier this month. I hope it’ll come back though at some point in the future as I still believe there’s room for ~180 seats a day on that route, especially once more European connections are added to FI’s network.


AA is stile flying DFW-KEF in S19 as far as I know.


Yes, I’m aware. FI has been operating year-round so I was more referencing to that. However, while I really hope AA stays in KEF because the more variety the better, I’m not too optimistic their DFW route is here for the long run now that FI and WOW are gone. I hope they’ll prove me wrong though!

Also, if three airlines saw an opportunity to add a total of 700 seats a day on a route, like the situation was last summer, that same route must at least have some basis in a more balanced competitive environment. That’s the reason I still believe AA might stay or FI could return one day.


Actually that's not how it went WOW and Icelandair did the same thing like they did in CLE they both announced a market that could only sustain as you say 180 seats a day then American reacted to that by adding their own flight after the fact and now we are down to the capacity that the market can bear one AA flight on a 757 just like CLE one flight on a 737.
 
User avatar
SRQKEF
Posts: 1874
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:10 pm

Re: OAG Changes 1/20/19:DL Adds RDU-PIT/MSY;F9 Adds BNA-ORD;FI Drops DFW;WW Closes MCO;VC Drops TLH-SFB

Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:27 pm

NCAD95 wrote:
SRQKEF wrote:
NCAD95 wrote:

AA is stile flying DFW-KEF in S19 as far as I know.


Yes, I’m aware. FI has been operating year-round so I was more referencing to that. However, while I really hope AA stays in KEF because the more variety the better, I’m not too optimistic their DFW route is here for the long run now that FI and WOW are gone. I hope they’ll prove me wrong though!

Also, if three airlines saw an opportunity to add a total of 700 seats a day on a route, like the situation was last summer, that same route must at least have some basis in a more balanced competitive environment. That’s the reason I still believe AA might stay or FI could return one day.


Actually that's not how it went WOW and Icelandair did the same thing like they did in CLE they both announced a market that could only sustain as you say 180 seats a day then American reacted to that by adding their own flight after the fact and now we are down to the capacity that the market can bear one AA flight on a 757 just like CLE one flight on a 737.


Well, AA doesn't fit that same criteria though. The market I'm talking about is not KEF-DFW per se but the people who are willing to fly Europe-DFW (or Europe-CLE) via KEF on the way over. AA is going after KEF O&D to the US only.
Nothing compares to taking off in an empty 757 with full thrust!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos