Aaron747

Re: Mueller's Investigation/Report Complete!

Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:41 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
I think the constant talk about Mueller's report plays better for Trump than it does for the Democrats at this point. I'll try to remember this post for November 2020.

I’ll remember yours when survey after survey show American rankings are slipping in the world for science and critical thinking education.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

seb146

Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:51 am

trpmb6 wrote:
bhill wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:
They didn't charge. We were told on many occasions to accept the findings of the Mueller report. I am. Who isn't now? You? It's time to govern. Imagine what can be done right now from a democrats perspective. Trump is anxious to make deals. He'd probably accept some stuff most republicans would be opposed to. But that's a compromise. Continue down the investigations and impeachment route and you're just going to guarantee another Trump win, and possibly handing the house back to republicans. Then you get nothing.

You did not read the report... nor have you been listening to ANYTHING about DoJ POLICY!!!! Muller COULD NOT CHARGE!!!!! THAT is the policy of the DoJ!!! That is why Muller punted it to Congress, which is the ONLY body that can address alleged malfeasance!! Go do a word search on the phrase "we would so state" in the report.

Mueller didn't punt anything to Congress. He just laid out what they found in the report. It's for the DOJ and the public to determine beyond that. Now yes, congress will take what they see in the report to continue their own investigations but by and large those in congress have already laid their battle lines and the Mueller report wouldn't have changed anyone's damned mind. Hell, don't have to look further than this forum to see that to be the case.

Actually, Mueller DID hand this whole thing off to Congress.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/04/ ... orate.html

It is now up to the House to investigate allegations Mueller suggested, to subpoena witnesses, subpoena documents in regards to the investigation, and allow the House to do it's job and investigate. Because Mueller was simply gathering information. "Here is what happened but I can not charge anyone".

Not that it matters because the occupant of the White House has told all his minions not to testify before the House and told various agencies not to comply with requests and subpoenas. Which would be obstruction, wouldn't it?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

MikeDrop

Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:31 am

bhill wrote:

You must not have read the "UNREASONABLE" portion of that amendment's text. From the sworn testimony of Cohen, and the Committee's concern therein, this seems reasonable to most folks.

You are banking on sworn testimony from Cohen? An admitted liar? This guy:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/michael-co ... ding_now_2

Denying to Tom Arnold on tape that he committed the crimes he plead guilty to? In federal court? This liar?

By the time Trump is done with the Dems on this "most people" will see this for what it is, a political vendetta to bring down the duly elected president.

Mike Drop

MikeDrop

Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:41 am

BN747 wrote:

You and trump lovers absolutely wish people would stoop discussing the incomplete Mueller Report and move the narrative in a different direction, ignoring of course, the heart of the matter...the Russian interference is a factual harm to nation vs FAT Donny not lifting a finger to address it.

This is a load of crap. Obama was the president who did nothing to stop any foreign interference in the 2016 election, not Trump. I know that Obama famously told Putin to "Cut it out" and Im sure that Putin went right back to his minions and told them that Obama said to cut it out. What a laffer. Of course Obama didn't tell Richard Steele from British intelligence to "cut it out" now did he. I wonder why not? Is it because Obama was a traitor or because he was incompetent? I'm going with incompetent traitor - THAT will be Obama's legacy.

Anyway, again you are incorrect, the heart of the matter is that the accusations of treasonous Russian collusion by Trump by you and many here was a made up fantasy. That is the subject that you don't want to discuss.

But by all means, keep on going on the Michael Cohen lies and made up obstruction of justice. Ride that all the way to November 2020. It'l be fun to watch.

Mike Drop

Aaron747

Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:45 am

MikeDrop wrote:
BN747 wrote:

You and trump lovers absolutely wish people would stoop discussing the incomplete Mueller Report and move the narrative in a different direction, ignoring of course, the heart of the matter...the Russian interference is a factual harm to nation vs FAT Donny not lifting a finger to address it.

This is a load of crap. Obama was the president who did nothing to stop any foreign interference in the 2016 election, not Trump. I know that Obama famously told Putin to "Cut it out" and Im sure that Putin went right back to his minions and told them that Obama said to cut it out. What a laffer. Of course Obama didn't tell Richard Steele from British intelligence to "cut it out" now did he. I wonder why not? Is it because Obama was a traitor or because he was incompetent? I'm going with incompetent traitor - THAT will be Obama's legacy.

Anyway, again you are incorrect, the heart of the matter is that the accusations of treasonous Russian collusion by Trump by you and many here was a made up fantasy. That is the subject that you don't want to discuss.

But by all means, keep on going on the Michael Cohen lies and made up obstruction of justice. Ride that all the way to November 2020. It'l be fun to watch.

Mike Drop

There just aren’t enough gif and meme reactions for this level of denial. You are conflating collusion fantasy with the reality that a badly managed campaign with a zany cast of characters reached out to Russians on many occasions, and because it might look bad, 45 and his team obstructed attempts to uncover these episodes of stupidity in full detail. He’s not man enough to say ‘I hired people who ended up doing unpatriotic things, and in the chaos of the campaign, failed to put a stop to their attempts to get dirt from Russia’ so instead we have this situation.

Judge Nap really couldn’t make things more clear here:

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4406 ... -least?amp
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

seb146

Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:48 am

MikeDrop wrote:
BN747 wrote:

This is a load of crap. Obama was the president who did nothing to stop any foreign interference in the 2016 election, not Trump. I know that Obama famously told Putin to "Cut it out"

So, Obama did something. Two somethings, to be exact. One was tell Putin to knock it off and two was begin the Mueller investigation. But, yeah, he did nothing.

casinterest

Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:04 pm

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Mueller Report is now Text Seachable.

How is this not collusion?

https://www.justice.gov/storage/report.pdf

On July 27 2016, Unit 26165 targeted email accounts connected to candidate Clinton's
personal office . Earlier that day, candidate Trump made public statements that
included the following: "Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails
that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press."
183 The "30,000
emails" were apparently a reference to emails described in media accounts as having been stored
on a personal server that candidate Clinton had used while serving as Secretary of State.
Within approximately five hours of Trump's statement, GRU officers targeted for the first
time Clinton's personal office. After candidate Trump's remarks, Unit 26165 created and sent
malicious links targeting 15 email accounts at the domain including an email
account belonging to Clinton aide/[/color[color=#BF0000]]The investigation did not find evidence of earlier
GRU attempts to compromise accounts hosted on this domain.
It is unclear how the GRU was
able to identify these email accounts, which were not public. 184

Looks like States and the FBI have more work to do.

d individuals and entities involved in the administration of the elections. Victims included
U.S. state and local entities, such as state boards of elections (SBOEs), secretaries of state, and
county governments, as well as individuals who worked for those entities. 186 The GRU also
targeted private technology firms responsible for manufacturing and administering election-related
software and hardware, such as voter registration software and electronic polling stations.187 The
GRU continued to target these victims through the elections in November 2016. While the
investigation identified evidence that the GRU targeted these individuals and entities, the Office
did not investigate further.
The Office did not, for instance, obtain or examine servers or other
relevant items belonging to these victims. The Office understands that the FBI, the U.S.
Department of Homeland Security, and the states have separately investigated that activity

Obstruction??????
ernment lets them out of trouble" but that he "d[idn't] see Michael doing that."
After it was reported that Cohen intended to cooperate with the government, however, the
President accused Cohen of "mak[ing] up stories in order to get himself out of an unrelated jam
(Taxi cabs maybe?)," called Cohen a "rat," and on multiple occasions publicly suggested that
Cohen's family members had committed crimes. The evidence concerning this sequence of events
could suppot1 an inference that the President used inducements in the form of positive messages
in an effort to get Cohen not to cooperate, and then turned to attacks and intimidation to deter the
provision of information or undermine Cohen's credibility once Cohen began cooperating.

Seems to me that there are many other examples we can gleam from this document.
When will Congress act on Trump?
Where ever you go, there you are.

winginit

Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:07 pm

stratclub wrote:
Item-1. Hearsay accusations of tax irregularities years before Trump took office by a convicted felon and known lier is pretty flimsy and does not point to impeachable acts during Trump's Presidency. The fact that the IRS does not have Trump in prison is an affirmation of him not committing criminal acts.

Testimony under oath is not hearsay even from a convicted felon and known liar. Period. Additionally, these are not accusations of tax irregularities, these are accusations of inflation of wealth in order to secure a loan - a prosecutable crime. You'll find that's the reason Deutsche Bank is rapidly and willingly turning over Documents to the NY AG. Deal with that reality.

stratclub wrote:
Item-2 Can you cite exactly what law Cummings is charging? Cummings does not care exactly what the law says because he know that he can quote it out of context and be close enough to cause considerable political damage before his request travels through the courts and is rejected.

Cummings isn't legally required to cite a single law - here merely needs to establish concerns worthy of investigation, which he effectively does in his letter six times over.

Do keep up.

seb146

Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:59 pm

I just learned of a Supreme Court case where Congress can uphold their own subpoenas. Jurney v. MacCracken case against the then-Postmaster General who was on trial in the Senate. This could also be something here and now.