Americanil96
Topic Author

Future of DFW (future routes, future airlines Etc)

Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:01 pm

what you guys think is the future of DFW? any possible routes? or any possible airline coming there? (oneworld or not)
Rawr

Ishrion

Re: Future of DFW (future routes, future airlines Etc)

Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:04 pm

Not gonna lie... I feel like we get this thread at least twice a year... here we go.

DFW-HEL/MAN/TPE/PTY/BCN/KIX/AKL/MEL/BNE/BOM

On, I don't know?

Finnair, Iberia, Aer Lingus, Cathay Pacific?

More Qantas/Australian routes since the JV just got approved today.

Americanil96
Topic Author

Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:22 pm

Ishrion wrote:
Not gonna lie... I feel like we get this thread at least twice a year... here we go.

On, I don't know?

hm, CX is piggyback riding AA's DFW-HKG route, same with IB with AA's DFW-MAD route. I do see QF making a DFW-MEL route with a 789 though.
Aer Lingus? not with AA a starting a seasonal DFW-DUB route in T-minus 3 days along with Munich, San Pedro Sula, Tegucigalpa, and Santo Domingo.
Finnair, maybe if they get more a350s in, then that would a possibility
Last edited by Americanil96 on Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rawr

Sooner787

Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:24 pm

If QF/AA launch new nonstop service to BNE and MEL via BNE in addition to the SYD route,
That probably spells the end of A380 flights to DFW . They'll be a pair of Dreamliners instead.

MalevA346

Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:29 pm

Americanil96 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

On, I don't know?

hm, CX is piggyback riding AA's DFW-HKG route, same with IB with AA's DFW-MAD route. I do see QF making a DFW-MEL route with a 789 though.
Aer Lingus? not with AA a starting a seasonal DFW-DUB route in T-minus 3 days along with Munich, San Pedro Sula, Tegucigalpa, and Santo Domingo.

Even if AY gets A350 for free, this route won't materialize...

Americanil96
Topic Author

Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:30 pm

Sooner787 wrote:
If QF/AA launch new nonstop service to BNE and MEL via BNE in addition to the SYD route,
That probably spells the end of A380 flights to DFW . They'll be a pair of Dreamliners instead.

It would be sad to see it go as the QF A380 is the one of big highlights of DFW planespotting. it reminds me of BA downgrading the LHR-DFW route from a 744 to a 772.
Rawr

Brandon757

Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:33 pm

I hope Fiji was serious about possibly adding service to DFW in the future once they get more planes.

I could see LATAM adding one day.

AA will continue to dominate DFW and attempt to run others off. That story will never change.

Ishrion

Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:41 pm

Americanil96 wrote:
Sooner787 wrote:

It would be sad to see it go as the QF A380 is the one of big highlights of DFW planespotting. it reminds me of BA downgrading the LHR-DFW route from a 744 to a 772.

The A380 should be here for a bit more time as stated by QF when applying for the JV... at least they said that...

Good thing BA's returning to the 744 in October.

Americanil96 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

On, I don't know?

Aer Lingus was sort of sarcastic.

There was essentially a CX HKG-DFW discussion last week.

Planes4you

Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:13 pm

Brandon757 wrote:
I hope Fiji was serious about possibly adding service to DFW in the future once they get more planes.

I could see LATAM adding one day.

AA will continue to dominate DFW and attempt to run others off. That story will never change.

They said it could reach DFW not they will fly here

Planes4you

Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:15 pm

I’m guessing JAL will stay with the 789

bravotango75

Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:42 pm

Yeah, there have been any number of Texas-based topics posted here. No disrespect to those that reside in the Lone Star State but I just do not understand why you all believe that every international airline must serve Dallas, Houston or Austin. Again, nothing against Texas but it hardly seems to be much of interest unlike California, Hawaii, Vegas or Florida, especially to those from outside the US. I am guessing most of the flights are geared to the business traveler especially those in the oil industry. I just don't get it.

jfk777

Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:54 pm

DFW could attract some AA alliance partners like Cathay Pacific and more Qantas. AA has done an excellent job of filling the DFW route map, the only Asian destinations which could make sense are Taipei & Singapore. South America is well covered. Europe will always be the number one continent served. Oceania has some growth in it with a Qantas JV. Africa is probably not something viable from DFW, Johannesburg is too far away. Tel Aviv would be interesting but with TWA's history there, AA doesn't like to fly there.

Ishrion

Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:02 pm

jfk777 wrote:
DFW could attract some AA alliance partners like Cathay Pacific and more Qantas. AA has done an excellent job of filling the DFW route map, the only Asian destinations which could make sense are Taipei & Singapore. South America is well covered. Europe will always be the number one continent served. Oceania has some growth in it with a Qantas JV. Africa is probably not something viable from DFW, Johannesburg is too far away. Tel Aviv would be interesting but with TWA's history there, AA doesn't like to fly there.

DFW-JNB is ~142 miles longer than PER-LHR.

I'd say if AA and RAM were to develop relations after RAM joins OW, DFW-CMN may be a small possibility as the first Africa route.

DFW-SIN has obvious range issues.

Americanil96
Topic Author

Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:06 pm

jfk777 wrote:

I think Lagos or/and Cairo would be a viable routes and jo'burg would be possible (via a stop in ACC or DKR if AA has permission ofc)
Rawr

Ishrion

Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:11 pm

Americanil96 wrote:
jfk777 wrote:

I think Lagos or/and Cairo would be a viable routes and jo'burg would be possible (via a stop in ACC or DKR if AA has permission ofc)

Cairo might not work too well... no U.S. carrier flies there anymore and CAI only has flights to YYZ, JFK, and IAD in North America I believe...

I'd expect that there'd be more East Coast to Cairo first before DFW is considered...

Americanil96
Topic Author

Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:17 pm

Ishrion wrote:
Americanil96 wrote:
jfk777 wrote:

Cairo might not work too well... no U.S. carrier flies there anymore and CAI only has flights to YYZ, JFK, and IAD in North America I believe...

I'd expect that there'd be more East Coast to Cairo first before DFW is considered...

who knows?... A 788 might do the trick....
Rawr

aussie747

Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:19 pm

I think you could see BNE-DFW with QF on their 789 however from MEL there would be payload restrictions on the return from DFW. This would perhaps be a project sunrise route - thoughts ?
I would think the A380 would stay on DFW as any spare 789 capacity on QF would be used for new routes not already serviced to other US ports

Americanil96
Topic Author

Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:27 pm

aussie747 wrote:
I think you could see BNE-DFW with QF on their 789 however from MEL there would be payload restrictions on the return from DFW. This would perhaps be a project sunrise route - thoughts ?
I would think the A380 would stay on DFW as any spare 789 capacity on QF would be used for new routes not already serviced to other US ports

A project sunrise flight? debatable. as DFW-MEL/BNE's demand is a decent amount from the US side. dunno bout the AU side of things
but the demand is not as much as LHR-SYD or MEL-JFK or CDG which makes the idea of DFW as a project sunrise route,a straight out of left field idea but not a bad one tho.
Rawr

Ishrion

Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:53 pm

Americanil96 wrote:
aussie747 wrote:

A project sunrise flight? debatable. as DFW-MEL/BNE's demand is a decent amount from the US side. dunno bout the AU side of things
but the demand is not as much as LHR-SYD or MEL-JFK or CDG which makes the idea of DFW as a project sunrise route,a straight out of left field idea but not a bad one tho.

MEL-DFW is 17 miles shorter than PER-LHR... so they restrictions would probably be similar depending on the winds.

Americanil96
Topic Author

Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:05 pm

[code][/code]
bravotango75 wrote:
Yeah, there have been any number of Texas-based topics posted here. No disrespect to those that reside in the Lone Star State but I just do not understand why you all believe that every international airline must serve Dallas, Houston or Austin. Again, nothing against Texas but it hardly seems to be much of interest unlike California, Hawaii, Vegas or Florida, especially to those from outside the US. I am guessing most of the flights are geared to the business traveler especially those in the oil industry. I just don't get it.

it's mainly due to the state's economic growth in in recent decades, and with that, lots of people are moving to Texas thanks to lower taxes and better Job opper than NY or Cali and the aforementioned oil industry. but not just that, lot of companies from all walks of life (Apple has offices in Austin and the city of Austin is a big tech city not as much as the SFO bay area but still pretty nonetheless, the DFW area has tons of Fortune 500 companies HQs/Offices. Its #3 behind Chicago and New York.Toyota has moved it's NA HQ from L.A. to Plano, TX, and as for Houston, well, its home to a lot of oil and its a port city. Etc) thanks to said lower taxes.
So yeah... that's why Texas is talked bout here so much.
Rawr

klm617

Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:44 pm

Ishrion wrote:

On, I don't know?

Because DFW is the center of the universe and it's underserved.
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...

compensateme

Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:31 am

For DFW enthusiasts, we have an active DFW discussion thread open to discussing all things DFW:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1411945

Lately, it seems as if there's too many DFW-related threads in the main fourm. A quick search yields the following topics active in the past week or so:
- Could DFW one day rival/surpass ATL in total pax/ASM?
- Will DFW ever get 12:00am+(23:00) long haul departure?
- DFW-HKG and adding more flights?
- DFW - no immigrations control?
- DFW Announces Terminal F Plans & C Renovations
- DFW/DAL - Nasty Weather-Holding Patterns-Diversions & Cancellations
- WN and DFW
- DFW Foreign Carrier Estimated March 2019 Loads

Most of these topics would be better discussed in the DFW thread, rather than having their own dedicated thread. Just a suggestion.
We don’t care what your next flight is.

jfk777

Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:56 am

Ishrion wrote:
jfk777 wrote:

DFW-JNB is ~142 miles longer than PER-LHR.

I'd say if AA and RAM were to develop relations after RAM joins OW, DFW-CMN may be a small possibility as the first Africa route.

DFW-SIN has obvious range issues.

DFW to Casablanca is much more viable than South Africa for many reasons, RAM is a OW alliance member and Casablanca is a hell of a lot closer than 17 hours to Johannesburg. RAM offers connections to Europe, Africa and Middle East, Johannesburg offers little other then regional connections with no alliance member locally. DFW to Amman, Jordan would be a pioneering route.

dfwjim1

Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:50 pm

bravotango75 wrote:

Yes, you are exactly right. Texas metro areas simply are not international tourist attractions so therefore there will never be the variety of international carriers at DFW, IAH and AUS that there are at JFK, LAX, MIA...etc.

Americanil96
Topic Author

Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:00 am

dfwjim1 wrote:
bravotango75 wrote:

Yes, you are exactly right. Texas metro areas simply are not international tourist attractions so therefore there will never be the variety of international carriers at DFW, IAH and AUS that there are at JFK, LAX, MIA...etc.

But why IAH is getting so much foreign metal like the aforementioned airports you said?
Rawr

ArchGuy1

Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:33 am

Ishrion wrote:
Americanil96 wrote:
jfk777 wrote:

Even Chicago would be considered first from Cairo over DFW.

ArchGuy1

Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:25 pm

One airline that I could see operating to DFW Airport in the near future is Turkish Airlines with flights from Istanbul non stop.

HP69

Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:06 pm

DFW-India is a possibility.

ArchGuy1

Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:33 pm

HP69 wrote:

DFW-Istanbul on Turkish Airlines would be more likely.

Americanil96
Topic Author

Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:53 pm

ArchGuy1 wrote:
HP69 wrote:

As much I would love to see Turkish Airlines at DFW, but don't they fly to IAH?
Rawr

ArchGuy1

Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:57 pm

Americanil96 wrote:
ArchGuy1 wrote:
HP69 wrote:

They do, but Qatar Airways flies from Doha to both Houston Intercontinental and DFW despite being a OneWorld member.
Last edited by ArchGuy1 on Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Americanil96
Topic Author

Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:04 pm

ArchGuy1 wrote:
Americanil96 wrote:
ArchGuy1 wrote:

They do, but Qatar Airways flies from Doha to both Houston Intercontinental and SHE despite being a OneWorld member.

True, they also fly to ATL despite not being a Skyteam member
Rawr

supreme777

Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:00 am

Ethiopian is about to start Addis Ababa-Houston this December with a stop in Lome, Togo. Maybe they will expand onwards to Dallas if they make profit off of it.