seb146

Re: CNN Chris Cuomo loses it over "Fredo"

Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:18 am

fr8mech wrote:
seb146 wrote:
So we are supposed to be outraged over a CNN host but not two people who have actual power and deny there is voting issues and health care issues and racial issues?

Actually, I'm not outraged. It takes a lot to outrage or offend me. I'm amused.

I don't think it's outrage you're witnessing. It's amusement. We watched a card-carrying liberal get baited. Take the bait and run like trophy fish on the hook.

But, to the point...you believe it's perfectly acceptable for people to stand on someone's lawn yelling profanities and wishing him death?

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/n ... 930377001/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-Cv0DhzWRw

Or, someone disrupting that same man's dinner, and disrupting others while they eat?

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/n ... 710755002/

That's OK right?

So baiting "card-carrying liberals" is funny when he does not make policy or pass bills who affect the entire country? Why is this even a thing?

Let's review:

Mitch McConnell refuses to hold a vote on making our elections more secure and balancing our budges and Ted Cruz refuses to put forward any bill for immigration security and health care.

But, yeah, let's put all the attention on a CNN host.....

fr8mech wrote:
seb146 wrote:
What if he had an ugly and bitter dispute with someone and this was simply a continuation of that dispute? That the person knew Cuomo and knew "Fredo" would trigger him? How is that not possible?

Ummm, yes it's possible. Do you have information that hasn't been released? Do they have a prior relationship?

Quite simply, his behaviour is still unacceptable, especially in front of his family...and cameras.

So, typical right wing baiting until someone goes over the edge. In other words: bullying. Now, the other guy can cry victim and the right will rally around him because Cuomo is a liberal and his actions. We need to examine the actions of the Fredo. Why was he so intent on bullying Cuomo? Why was Fredo doing this? Maybe instead of making Fredo the victim, call him the bully and instigator. As we should call him.

Think about it: Cuomo didn't simply walk over to Fredo and go nuts. He was baited. He was pushed and pushed and pushed and pushed. It takes two to tango. Let's call out the jerk who stared this.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

fr8mech

Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:43 am

seb146 wrote:
So baiting "card-carrying liberals" is funny when he does not make policy or pass bills who affect the entire country? Why is this even a thing?

Yup, it is funny.

seb146 wrote:
Let's review:

So, you're OK with the actions of the crowd. Shouting for McConnell's death? Yelling profanities in a residential area? You're OK with someone disrupting people's dinners and taking McConnell's food and throwing it on the street.

That's fine with you, right?

seb146 wrote:
Think about it: Cuomo didn't simply walk over to Fredo and go nuts. He was baited. He was pushed and pushed and pushed and pushed. It takes two to tango. Let's call out the jerk who stared this.

You saw the same video I did, right? Or, do you have some extended version referred to earlier?

The guy walked up to Cuomo and asked to get a picture with Fredo. Fredo then goes ahead and threatens the guy:

"I'll ******* ruin you"
"I'll ****** throw you down the stairs like a **** punk"
When seconds count...the police are minutes away.
Unless it's expressly prohibited, it's allowed.
You are not entitled to a public safe space.
Ego Bibere Capulus, Ut Aliis Sit Vivere

Aaron747

Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:00 am

fr8mech wrote:
The guy walked up to Cuomo and asked to get a picture with Fredo. Fredo then goes ahead and threatens the guy:

"I'll ******* ruin you"

Which is why Cuomo posted today that he basically embarrassed himself with his overreaction.

But it’s interesting Hannity came to his defense - as they both get shouted at when out with family with fair regularity. I have done a pseudo-psychoanalysis on them both - pampered TV hosts who spend a lot of time in the gym, and seem to feel guilty about their good fortunes. They hold a now-distant connection to working class roots by macho posturing and tough-guy words and antics. A pretty tired act, but whatever, there’s lots of it out there elsewhere.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

fr8mech

Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:14 am

Aaron747 wrote:

Which is why Cuomo posted today that he basically embarrassed himself with his overreaction.

Once again, the liberal mea culpa. All is forgiven...here take an Emmy.

He needed to apologize and I'm glad he did.

Aaron747

Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:28 am

fr8mech wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Once again, the liberal mea culpa. All is forgiven...here take an Emmy.

He needed to apologize and I'm glad he did.

Right, yet you call out his politics anyway. Which is why the first time, I asked if you’d prefer he double down and blame the world for his reaction? Because that’s what other macho posturing fake alphas in far higher positions are doing on the regular with every defender dismissing the immaturity as ‘oh he’s just a counterpuncher’.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

trpmb6

Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:09 pm

And somehow, nobody managed to read my post from yesterday linking to the article showing how Cuomo called himself Fredo. Sigh.

Here it is again..
https://nypost.com/2019/08/13/chris-cuo ... interview/

stratosphere
Topic Author

Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:18 pm

fr8mech wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Yup, it is funny.

seb146 wrote:
Let's review:

So, you're OK with the actions of the crowd. Shouting for McConnell's death? Yelling profanities in a residential area? You're OK with someone disrupting people's dinners and taking McConnell's food and throwing it on the street.

seb146 wrote:

You saw the same video I did, right? Or, do you have some extended version referred to earlier?

"I'll ******* ruin you"

I was going to bring this up. Liberals and the Democrats love to tell people to get in their face when it comes to Republicans they don't like but let them be confronted and harassed or even baited when they are out in public with their family.

casinterest

Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:47 pm

stratosphere wrote:
fr8mech wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Yup, it is funny.

seb146 wrote:
Let's review:

seb146 wrote:

"I'll ******* ruin you"

I was going to bring this up. Liberals and the Democrats love to tell people to get in their face when it comes to Republicans they don't like but let them be confronted and harassed or even baited when they are out in public with their family.

So you take one person and apply it everyone. You ever wonder why Republicans are called racists all the time and tone deaf?
Last edited by casinterest on Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Where ever you go, there you are.

seb146

Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:15 pm

stratosphere wrote:
fr8mech wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Yup, it is funny.

seb146 wrote:
Let's review:

seb146 wrote:

"I'll ******* ruin you"

Mitch McConnell is the actual Senate Majority leader. He decides what bills should be debated and brought up for a vote. Health care? no. Environmental bills? no. Voting rights? no. Gun control? no.
Chris Cuomo is a TV personality. He is neither a member of the House nor the Senate nor any state legislature. The only power he has is talking on the TV.

See the difference?

Republicans are all too happy to silence free speech and play "gotcha" with "liberals" while Democrats understand that calling names to TV personalities will do nothing to get their point across but, rather, protesting elected officials will.

trpmb6

Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:18 pm

seb146 wrote:

Mitch McConnell is the actual Senate Majority leader. He decides what bills should be debated and brought up for a vote. Health care? no. Environmental bills? no. Voting rights? no. Gun control? no.
Chris Cuomo is a TV personality. He is neither a member of the House nor the Senate nor any state legislature. The only power he has is talking on the TV.

See the difference?

Republicans are all too happy to silence free speech and play "gotcha" with "liberals" while Democrats understand that calling names to TV personalities will do nothing to get their point across but, rather, protesting elected officials will.

If you think talking on the TV is insignificant in today's world then I've got a bridge to sell you.

seb146

Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:25 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

See the difference?

If you think talking on the TV is insignificant in today's world then I've got a bridge to sell you.

You know what I mean. Talking heads can temporarily sway the opinion of the masses but the actual work of introducing bills and getting things done is in Congress.

DIRECTFLT

Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:29 am

casinterest wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:
casinterest wrote:
I hope someone calls you a racist slur when you are out with your kids. That will be ok right?
So Pathetic.

When everything becomes racist, then nothing is racist...

Mike Drop

Maybe everything is racist, and some people fail to see it?

Recent article near me.

https://abc11.com/society/racist-letter ... s/5456304/

Maybe everything is a Russian Conspiracy, and some people fail to see it?

See how that sounds??
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

fr8mech

Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:28 am

seb146 wrote:

See the difference?

So, you feel it's acceptable to harass such people and their families? To inconvenience all those around them? To threaten them? To call for their deaths? Just because they are "in power"?

I thought you liberals claimed to be the civil and compassionate ones. I guess I was wrong.

Go ahead and admit it.

seb146

Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:43 am

fr8mech wrote:
seb146 wrote:

See the difference?

So, you feel it's acceptable to harass such people and their families? To inconvenience all those around them? To threaten them? To call for their deaths? Just because they are "in power"?

I thought you liberals claimed to be the civil and compassionate ones. I guess I was wrong.

Go ahead and admit it.

Republicans have been doing it for years. Y'all weren't outraged then. In fact, it was encouraged and applauded. All the name calling, harassing, bullying, death threats, and murder. Y'all did nothing about it then. Y'all want compassion now. Ain't gonna happen, bub. Look at your party and your media if you want to know why.

https://johnpavlovitz.com/2018/06/26/so ... 3rgqOQQ1DQ

Civility and compassion don't work when only our side does it.

fr8mech

Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:22 am

seb146 wrote:

Republicans have been doing it for years. Y'all weren't outraged then. In fact, it was encouraged and applauded. All the name calling, harassing, bullying, death threats, and murder. Y'all did nothing about it then. Y'all want compassion now. Ain't gonna happen, bub. Look at your party and your media if you want to know why.

https://johnpavlovitz.com/2018/06/26/so ... 3rgqOQQ1DQ

Civility and compassion don't work when only our side does it.

I don't accept your premise, but:

So, it is ok? Goose/Gander? Eye/Eye? Tooth/Tooth? They go low, we'll go lower?

That's all I want to know:

That you, personally, believe it's ok to disrupt lives, to harass and berate, threaten violence and death, all because someone disagrees with your position. That's ok, right?

Because, I don't think it's ok.

The guy baiting Fredo was wrong; it was funny, but wrong. But you know what's not funny? Threatening violence...that's wrong. And, who did that in that little minute and-a-half tirade? Yeah, Fredo did.

TSS

Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:17 pm

seb146 wrote:

What's with all the "Y'all"s and the "Ain't"? Are you trying to turn Southern on us?
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

dmg626

Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:17 pm

TSS wrote:
seb146 wrote:

What's with all the "Y'all"s and the "Ain't"? Are you trying to turn Southern on us?

Sounds like Hillary Clinton when she made speeches down South

seb146

Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:37 pm

dmg626 wrote:
TSS wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Sounds like Hillary Clinton when she made speeches down South

I want to be very clear that I am speaking to a group and not just one person. I could say "you" but it sounds like I am speaking only to one poster. English does not have a group you like Spanish with ustedes.

casinterest

Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:32 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
casinterest wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:
When everything becomes racist, then nothing is racist...

Mike Drop

Maybe everything is racist, and some people fail to see it?

Recent article near me.

https://abc11.com/society/racist-letter ... s/5456304/

Maybe everything is a Russian Conspiracy, and some people fail to see it?

See how that sounds??

Russian Conspiracy , there is one of those too. But Racism is quite rampant.
Where ever you go, there you are.