airkas1
Head Screener

Re: Ural Airlines A321 VQ-BOZ 15 august 2019 Moscow emergency landing

Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:20 pm

Phosphorus

Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:25 pm

Silverstreak wrote:
There is another belly landing by a Russian airliner in history. A Tu-104 bellied landed in the Neva River in St. Petersburg. I recently came across this incident on the “The History Guy” on YouTube. I learned 2 things. This aircraft stayed afloat and was towed ashore with no pax injuries and Tu-104s were in Aeroflot service from 1956-1979. Incredible on both counts!

Discussed a bit up the thread, and it was actually Tu-124.
And yes, Tu-104 and Tu-124 were in service for more than a decade after. But this particular aircraft never flew again.
AN4 A40 L4T TU3 TU5 IL6 ILW I93 F50 F70 100 146 ARJ AT7 DH4 L10 CRJ ERJ E90 E95 DC-9 MD-8X YK4 YK2 SF3 S20 319 320 321 332 333 343 346 722 732 733 734 735 73G 738 739 744 74M 757 767 777
Ceterum autem censeo, Moscovia esse delendam

bourbon

Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:37 pm

tu204 wrote:
Armadillo1 wrote:
left engine stalled first, then right hit too and become unstable

take off
https://youtu.be/MXoBc5Swov8

landing
https://youtu.be/mkDXwUFRsBY

On the "landing" video, is that the sound of the engine surging? Like a spooling up (with a buzz) and then spooling down sound?

Miracle on the Huskin

OA940

Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:05 pm

Aesma wrote:
OA940 wrote:
It's definitely just as impressive and challenging as the situation the crew of US1549 faced. It's a shame this miracle won't gather as much attention simply because of where it happened. These pilots deserve all the awards. They truly did something very impressive here

I disagree somewhat. The pilots did well here and they deserve any praise they get, but they didn't have to make the kind of decision Sully did. Their engines quit while they were barely airborne, there was a flat field in front, you learn before you first take off that in this situation you put it down in front, the only decision was about lowering the landing gear or not, and that's not even sure, there was maybe no time (and no hydraulics) to do it.

Sully was higher, had a couple options to choose from, and the end result could have been a crater in the middle of a densely populated area.

Forced landings in the middle of fields barely ever go well. Sure it was lucky that they didn't hit that drainage ditch in a way that would have caused something far worse, but it's still skill that got everyone out without major injuries. In the case of US1549 if you add in the time it took for them to realise what had happened and figure out a game plan the plane was already too low to head to LGA with no engine power. Don't get me wrong, what those pilots did was nothing short of a miracle, and they deserve every bit of praise they get and maybe even more, but the hard part in my opinion wasn't deciding wether or not to land at LGA, but to make a successful ditching, which they most definitely did. Considering the kind of damage that can happen to a plane when landing on anything that's not a runway I just think these pilots deserve similar praise, and they won't really get it because of how the media works. This wasn't meant to bring down what the pilots of US1549 did, because God knows they actually pulled off a miracle, sorry if it came out in such a way
A350/CSeries = bae

tu204

Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:18 pm

OA940 wrote:
phugoid1982 wrote:
Erebus wrote:

I call fake. Only pilots with >20,000 hours and from the world's best aviation safety culture can pull off these things. :duck:

Haha. Of course. You know, I'm getting tired of the constant Sully adulation. I'm not taking away from his actions and to certain extent i feel it is more part of the hero obsessive culture in the US but he is everywhere now with the books, speaking engagements, even writing political op eds. I hope Captain Yusupov gets the credit he deserves but doesn't get as overexposed as Sully.

He won't, simply because this accident happened in Russia, even though what he and his first officer did was just as miraculous as US1549.

Well, wouldn't be so sure. Prime Minister Medvedev late yesterday recommened the flight crew for State awards. So Hero of the Russian Federation (at best) or Merit for the Fatherland (probably highest level) is the worst case scenario. Probably no book deals like Sully, but still something to "expose" him.

I wish him to get back to flying duties as soon as possible. He has been pulled from the roster since there are a lot of interviews that have to take place as part of the investigation and plus authorities did conclude that he is not ready to fly yet due to "emotional stress" (who wouldn't be? What counts is that he acted properly and timely when it counted, I'm all for the guy having a nice vacation, paid for by the company/government to take that stress off).
I do not dream about movie stars, they must dream about me for I am real and they are not. - Alexander Popov

phugoid1982

Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:38 pm

tu204 wrote:
OA940 wrote:
phugoid1982 wrote:

Haha. Of course. You know, I'm getting tired of the constant Sully adulation. I'm not taking away from his actions and to certain extent i feel it is more part of the hero obsessive culture in the US but he is everywhere now with the books, speaking engagements, even writing political op eds. I hope Captain Yusupov gets the credit he deserves but doesn't get as overexposed as Sully.

He won't, simply because this accident happened in Russia, even though what he and his first officer did was just as miraculous as US1549.

Well, wouldn't be so sure. Prime Minister Medvedev late yesterday recommened the flight crew for State awards. So Hero of the Russian Federation (at best) or Merit for the Fatherland (probably highest level) is the worst case scenario. Probably no book deals like Sully, but still something to "expose" him.

I wish him to get back to flying duties as soon as possible. He has been pulled from the roster since there are a lot of interviews that have to take place as part of the investigation and plus authorities did conclude that he is not ready to fly yet due to "emotional stress" (who wouldn't be? What counts is that he acted properly and timely when it counted, I'm all for the guy having a nice vacation, paid for by the company/government to take that stress off).

Absolutely. That's great news about the awards. He seems like a good guy. I also would like to see him return to flying as soon as possible considering he worked so hard to get there. And I wouldn't mind him getting a book deal. It'd be nice if the US centric media focused on a hero who wasn't from America but I doubt media bias will allow that. At some point I think I just got sick of Sully taking advantage of the attention especially in non aviation fields.

Armadillo1
Topic Author

Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:15 pm

actually pilots become Heros of Russian Federation and FAs got Orders of Courage

F9Animal

Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:52 pm

I am hopeful this will bring more precautionary measures for bird control at that airport. I know alot of airports have bird control measures. I worked at a very small airport, and one of my duties was to go out and scare the birds away with flares and a starter pistol.

Awesome job to the flight crew!!
I Am A Different Animal!!

Ty134A

Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:01 pm

Besides all the Hudson comparison... Victor Mostovoj was the first to actually successfully ditch a plane (TU124 in Neva River), and there were other miracles, such as Andrej Lamanov landing his TU5 in Izhma, a miracle as well and a true Hero of Russia (I met him personally, a wonderful person he is!!!). And never forget first officer Skiles, wo was at least as much responsible for the hudson miracle as Sully. He was a CPT himselve, but in the famous flight fulfilled his role as first officer, which is pretty hard taking into consideration the own skills...

All of these fine airmen are the best of the best, and non of them compares to another. And every once in a while another pilot adds himself to this very short list. This time the crew of CPT Yusupov and he himself have added themselves to this list.
flown on: TU3,TU5,T20,IL8,IL6,ILW,IL9,I14,YK4,YK2,AN2,AN4,A26,A28,A38,A40,A81,SU9,L4T,L11,D1C,M11,M80,M87,
AB4,AB6,318,313,342,343,345,346,712,703,722,732,735,741,742,743,74L,744,752,753,763,772,77W,J31,F50,F70,100,ATP,
142,143,AR8,AR1,SF3,S20,D38,MIH...

tu204

Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:10 pm

Armadillo1 wrote:
actually pilots become Heros of Russian Federation and FAs got Orders of Courage

http://www.kremlin.ru/acts/news/61322

Yup. Well deserved.

The FO has however been hospitalised for chest trauma. Best wishes for a quick recovery.
I do not dream about movie stars, they must dream about me for I am real and they are not. - Alexander Popov

tu204

Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:20 pm

Ty134A wrote:
Besides all the Hudson comparison... Victor Mostovoj was the first to actually successfully ditch a plane (TU124 in Neva River),

While I agree that he and his crew did an excellent job, we have to remember that they, just like the Air Canada crew and the Air Transat crew a decade and a half later after that got themselves into a shitty situation due to their own mistakes and then bravely got themselves out of it. Yes, everyone survived and it was incredible, but they had a play in the initial chain of events.

CPT Sully and yesterday CPT Yusupov and their crews ended up in a shitty situation that occured well out lf their control and did a magnificent job managing it.

Kilopond

Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:21 pm

F9Animal wrote:
I am hopeful this will bring more precautionary measures for bird control at that airport.[...]

Reportedly there are some measures underway. At least they have set up a commission that shall solve the problem of the numerous garbage deposits around Zhukovsky airport that attrackt gulls and ohter birds. (sources: google.ru, yandex, kommersant, aviaport etc.)

OA940

Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:24 pm

phugoid1982 wrote:
tu204 wrote:
OA940 wrote:

Absolutely. That's great news about the awards. He seems like a good guy. I also would like to see him return to flying as soon as possible considering he worked so hard to get there. And I wouldn't mind him getting a book deal. It'd be nice if the US centric media focused on a hero who wasn't from America but I doubt media bias will allow that. At some point I think I just got sick of Sully taking advantage of the attention especially in non aviation fields.

That's what I meant about the media, that he doesn't get the attention he should in the West. That's how it works unfortunately. However I'm glad he got awarded, and I too hope he gets over his stress and manages to return. Surviving a situation that could have easily turned deadly for you and 200+ others you're supposed to keep safe is a kind of emotional burden I can't even begin to understand.
A350/CSeries = bae

hivue

Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:29 pm

tu204 wrote:
(with a buzz)

Heard an ex-A320 pilot on the web speculate that it was the RAT.
"You're sitting. In a chair. In the SKY!!" ~ Louis C.K.

tu204

Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:37 pm

hivue wrote:
tu204 wrote:
(with a buzz)

But a RAT would buzz proportionally to the airspeed of the a/c. Here it is clearly "buzzing" up and down.

JetBuddy

Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:16 pm

Thanks to the impressive work by the pilots and crew, as well as a solid aircraft, this turned out to be a feel good story.

One person was injured, but hopefully he/she will be healed soon.

Both pilots will be awarded Hero of Russia awards, and the rest of the crew will be getting awards too.

DDR

Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:50 pm

CPT Yusupov is a hero in my book. Great job. From lawyer to hero pilot. Great story. I wish for him and the rest of the crew only the best!

triple3driver

Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:58 pm

Jouhou wrote:
Is it technically an "emergency landing" If it barely takes off and glides down onto a field with its landing gear up? It's more like a gentle and well handled crash.

"It was not a crash, it was a forced corn field landing"
If you can walk away from it intact, it was a good landing!

tu204

Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:46 pm

https://youtu.be/GXfgN11ZEuE

Hehehe. Remind anyone of anything? ;)

Crew gets a standing ovation in Ekaterinburg at the FC Ural vs. FC Soviet Wings match.

Don't know what's in the bags, but the commentator said they got a season pass to all Russian premier league matches.

Jouhou

Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:22 am

tu204 wrote:
hivue wrote:
tu204 wrote:
(with a buzz)

But a RAT would buzz proportionally to the airspeed of the a/c. Here it is clearly "buzzing" up and down.

Could a Russian speaker listen to the interview with the pilots and convey the timeline here? I think some of its been lost in translation in English language media- the pilot seems to imply that while the first engine outright failed the second engine was having a more slow motion failure and was putting out declining thrust- meaning they may have kept it on to try getting what they could out of it.

tu204

Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:24 am

Jouhou wrote:
tu204 wrote:
hivue wrote:

Could a Russian speaker listen to the interview with the pilots and convey the timeline here? I think some of its been lost in translation in English language media- the pilot seems to imply that while the first engine outright failed the second engine was having a more slow motion failure and was putting out declining thrust- meaning they may have kept it on to try getting what they could out of it.

To summarize:

Cpt. Yusupov stated that at takeoff first the left, then the right engine became "unstable" (he never actually uses the word "fail" (otkaz) in regards to the right engine). At first he believed that they would be able to climb, enter a hold, perform the engine out checklist on the working right engine. However shortly afterwards the right engine started to lose power and the aircraft was no longer able to climb or maintain altitude. When that happened the decision was made to land straight ahead. He also made the decision to not lower the gear as they thought it to be the safer course of action on a soft field, since landing with the gear down could have led them to break off and lead to the destruction of the airframe.

You will probably appreciate this, it is a transcript of the ATC. Unfortunately in Russian and unfortunately I am on a smartphone so translating it is problematic. So Google Translate ;)

https://baza.io/posts/7be00c62-1198-45f ... 4d6b26adfe

Found it interesting they didn't have time to call a Mayday, just a Pan Pan Pan when the left engine failed. Also the comms didn't fail after the crash landing and the PIC had to give ATC his coordinates.
Plus ATC was a bit improper in my opinion asking how many dead/injured you have...2 minutes after the crash :roll:

P.S. the callsign for Zhukovsky is "Гордый" (Gordiy -> Proud).

Jouhou

Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:21 am

tu204 wrote:
Jouhou wrote:
tu204 wrote:

To summarize:

Cpt. Yusupov stated that at takeoff first the left, then the right engine became "unstable" (he never actually uses the word "fail" (otkaz) in regards to the right engine). At first he believed that they would be able to climb, enter a hold, perform the engine out checklist on the working right engine. However shortly afterwards the right engine started to lose power and the aircraft was no longer able to climb or maintain altitude. When that happened the decision was made to land straight ahead. He also made the decision to not lower the gear as they thought it to be the safer course of action on a soft field, since landing with the gear down could have led them to break off and lead to the destruction of the airframe.

You will probably appreciate this, it is a transcript of the ATC. Unfortunately in Russian and unfortunately I am on a smartphone so translating it is problematic. So Google Translate ;)

https://baza.io/posts/7be00c62-1198-45f ... 4d6b26adfe

Found it interesting they didn't have time to call a Mayday, just a Pan Pan Pan when the left engine failed. Also the comms didn't fail after the crash landing and the PIC had to give ATC his coordinates.
Plus ATC was a bit improper in my opinion asking how many dead/injured you have...2 minutes after the crash :roll:

P.S. the callsign for Zhukovsky is "Гордый" (Gordiy -> Proud).

Thank you. I think the sound in the video was just the sound of the damaged and malfunctioning right engine- I'm assuming we haven't heard that sound in other engine failure videos because they'd probably normally shut it down if they hadn't already lost the other engine.

WIederling

Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:15 am

Aesma wrote:
Sully was higher, had a couple options to choose from, and the end result could have been a crater in the middle of a densely populated area.

The thing that makes the Hudson landing a show case was deciding early on an _achievable outcome_
what tends to kill people is going for something that creates new,added risks of failure.
( nothing is more dangerous than having to repeatedly fall back into riskier changed solutions.)

What I hold against Sullenberger is his forming the circumstantial presentation to suit his political agenda as a pilot.
Murphy is an optimist

snasteve

Re: Ural Airlines A321 VQ-BOZ 15.08.2019 Moscow emergency landing

Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:29 am

planecane wrote:
marcelh wrote:
OccupiedLav wrote:

At this point the aircraft was pretty much a glider, so I doubt the safe outcome was a result of advanced systems. This was good piloting/luck.

Those systems prevent the pilots to stall the plane when pulling on the stick too much.
And a nice big corn field also helped a lot!

The 767 with less advanced systems has been landed safely with dual engine failure. This (and Sully) is a result of pilot skill not being able to hold the stick back and avoid stalling. It didn't hurt but it wouldn't have helped if not for quick and correct actions by the pilot flying.

I think the winds were also fairly still that day. Could have been a very different crash if one wing/engine side dipped into the water just ahead of the other and they would be cartwheeling.

WIederling

Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:49 am

snasteve wrote:
planecane wrote:
marcelh wrote:
Those systems prevent the pilots to stall the plane when pulling on the stick too much.
And a nice big corn field also helped a lot!

The 767 with less advanced systems has been landed safely with dual engine failure. This (and Sully) is a result of pilot skill not being able to hold the stick back and avoid stalling. It didn't hurt but it wouldn't have helped if not for quick and correct actions by the pilot flying.

I think the winds were also fairly still that day. Could have been a very different crash if one wing/engine side dipped into the water just ahead of the other and they would be cartwheeling.

"767 engines out landing" can only relate to the Ghimli Glider unpowered landing?
Nothing in common with a dual bird strike incident in ground proximity.
Murphy is an optimist

Armadillo1
Topic Author

Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:38 pm

sad for bird...

airnorth

Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:00 pm

Well, I guess that ends the debate on whether or not that frame will see active service again! Still, great job by the crew, its like a reverse swiss cheese scenario where a lot of the holes lined up to result in a very good outcome.

litz

Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:45 pm

That's a sizeable bird!

b4thefall

Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:09 am

Just found a new video on YT of the entire event, from takeoff to landing in the field, with no edits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHNt4u6FdjM

zanl188

Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:25 am

Video of dismantling...

https://youtu.be/bdh9GbU1RUw
Legal considerations provided by: Dewey, Cheatum, and Howe

T4thH

Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:04 am

b4thefall wrote:
Just found a new video on YT of the entire event, from takeoff to landing in the field, with no edits.

They were really flat over the ground, when the bird strikes had occurred and the pilots did a great job. But I am missing one highly important point. The passengers have not been warned by the cabin crew. Of course the time was short, the pilots were busy in the few seconds, they had left,so they were just likely not any more able to warn the cabin crew, as they were not any more able the call "mayday". I do not know, if the cabin crew have the possibility on their seats during start, to look out of a window (fastened on their seats). When the pilots were not any more able to warn the cabin crew, does the cabin crew has had the chance, to identify the situation by themselves?
As we can see in the video, the passengers were totally unaware of the situation, they are not informed, they were not in the "brace position".
By luck, there was just no ditch e.g., so the belly landing could have gone much more worse, still there were several slightly injured and one serious, and this would have been avoidable, if passengers were in a "brace position".
And if the belly landing would have gone totally wrong (as example a ditch, a big rock e.g., which could not be seen by the pilots), in a brace position, there is a much higher chance to get out alive or on the own feet.

11C

Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:09 pm

jupiter2 wrote:
Chrisba320 wrote:
Well done to the pilots for putting this bird down safely with no casualties on board. I’m sure the A321’s advanced systems also played a major part in this not ending in disaster.

Is that what lucks called now ?

I don’t think the systems helped much in this case, nor did luck. But, don’t let me spoil your fun. I agree that a “Brace” call might have been a good idea, but I’ll leave that to the investigators.

Aquila3

Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:15 pm

I think they might have helped, like they did for Sully.
Sorry for spoiling your spoiling
chi vola vale chi vale vola chi non vola è un vile

Phosphorus

Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:37 pm

airnorth wrote:
Well, I guess that ends the debate on whether or not that frame will see active service again! Still, great job by the crew, its like a reverse swiss cheese scenario where a lot of the holes lined up to result in a very good outcome.

I wonder who will eat the write-off bill. Any insurance company (outside of Russia) could reject to pay out a policy on Bermudan frame, that was lost performing a ZIA-SIP flight -- under a flight plan, illegal as per British laws. (Foreign affairs of Bermuda are responsibility of the United Kingdom, AFAIR. And UK is a member of Eurocontrol. Eurocontrol recognizes illegality of occupation of Crimea, and the fact that SIP is legally closed to traffic).
AN4 A40 L4T TU3 TU5 IL6 ILW I93 F50 F70 100 146 ARJ AT7 DH4 L10 CRJ ERJ E90 E95 DC-9 MD-8X YK4 YK2 SF3 S20 319 320 321 332 333 343 346 722 732 733 734 735 73G 738 739 744 74M 757 767 777
Ceterum autem censeo, Moscovia esse delendam

Armadillo1
Topic Author

Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:09 pm

more dirty PR coming from various people.
blaming pilot for not aborting take-off on 5km runway, etc.

but some question not so easy to answer.

pls tell me what hydralic system will work in this case and is any influence on spoilers in this case

tu204

Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:07 pm

Phosphorus wrote:
airnorth wrote:

I wonder who will eat the write-off bill. Any insurance company (outside of Russia) could reject to pay out a policy on Bermudan frame, that was lost performing a ZIA-SIP flight -- under a flight plan, illegal as per British laws. (Foreign affairs of Bermuda are responsibility of the United Kingdom, AFAIR. And UK is a member of Eurocontrol. Eurocontrol recognizes illegality of occupation of Crimea, and the fact that SIP is legally closed to traffic).

Not certain who insures their (Ural's) aircraft, but most if not all Russian carriers are insured by Russian companies, which makes the policy valid.

I don't understand why they decided to scrap it like that. There should have been plenty of goodies that could have been salvaged in my opinion. Taking it apart like that they probably destroyed half the cockpit avionics too...

tu204

Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:23 pm

T4thH wrote:
b4thefall wrote:

They were really flat over the ground, when the bird strikes had occurred and the pilots did a great job. But I am missing one highly important point. The passengers have not been warned by the cabin crew. Of course the time was short, the pilots were busy in the few seconds, they had left,so they were just likely not any more able to warn the cabin crew, as they were not any more able the call "mayday". I do not know, if the cabin crew have the possibility on their seats during start, to look out of a window (fastened on their seats). When the pilots were not any more able to warn the cabin crew, does the cabin crew has had the chance, to identify the situation by themselves?
As we can see in the video, the passengers were totally unaware of the situation, they are not informed, they were not in the "brace position".
By luck, there was just no ditch e.g., so the belly landing could have gone much more worse, still there were several slightly injured and one serious, and this would have been avoidable, if passengers were in a "brace position".
And if the belly landing would have gone totally wrong (as example a ditch, a big rock e.g., which could not be seen by the pilots), in a brace position, there is a much higher chance to get out alive or on the own feet.

Agreed. That's the only thing I can hold against the crew. I know they had their hands full, but it would have taken all of three seconds to pick up the interphone and yell brace.

T4thH

Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:14 pm

tu204 wrote:
T4thH wrote:
b4thefall wrote:

Agreed. That's the only thing I can hold against the crew. I know they had their hands full, but it would have taken all of three seconds to pick up the interphone and yell brace.

Regular, it is the job of the cabin crew, to warn the passengers, So the pilots have to pick up the interphone, the cabin crew has also to pick up the phone,as response, has to be informed and than the pilot can take care again of his regular job. As the cabin crew has to pick up the phone....are they really so fast? I fear it is not done in three seconds, I fear it will need around 10 seconds? The pilots have not had 10 seconds to waste of the few they have had. To inform the cabin crew was secondary at that moment for the pilots.

This is the reason, why I have stated, if the cabin crew was able to identify the un-avoidable crash landing by themselves? Pretty sure, they were aware, something is wrong with the engines, but as example, do they have had the possibility to look out of a window (fastened on their seats! of course) and recognize, the jet is going down?

Yes, this is the difference between near perfect and perfect. And when there was just no time to warn the passengers and the cabin crew had no chance to identify the not avoidable crash landing by themselves, the whole crew has just done the perfect job.

tu204

Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:20 am

https://m.lenta.ru/news/2019/09/21/pilot/ (In Russian)

FO Georgiy Murzin is still on sick leave after receiving internal bruising during the crash landing while Capt. Damir Yusupov returned to flying duties on September 4th.

Looks like someone didn't tighten the harness enough before the forced landing ;) .

gregpodpl

Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:54 pm

I have to say it's impressive how quiet this thread is - especially in context of Airbus-made plane (not - for example - Russian made) crashing.

Q

Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:21 pm

Well, by the way, I saw FB posted. Car crashing people who survived. The seat belt G-Force impact and someone post picture a male chest naked.to show how bruised so badly all red/purple bruised from seat belt line stripe. It hurts! Same logically pilot may the same thing bruised his chest from two harness belts. Can't you image G-Force plane impact than car do? Think twice! Not what pilot made a mistake, not enough tight harness belts. SMH!

Edit:

I found it youtube here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s7nIRGhYRA

Q

Lukas757

Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:11 pm

tu204 wrote:
T4thH wrote:
b4thefall wrote:

Just as an example for a comparable situation, one of the flight crew members of the OS Fokker 70 which landed in an open field close to MUC shouted „brace for impact“ multiple times before they crash-landed.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos