casinterest

Re: Hurricane Dorian Path

Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:53 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
A few things to note:

All I can say is that I hope people truly understand that a man who berates "fake news" sure comes up with a lot of fake data to advance his own ideas. I hope those willful cult members of his start to realize that he is and always has been a showman, with no clue about what really needs to be done.
Where ever you go, there you are.

727LOVER

Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:19 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
727LOVER wrote:
Currently pounding eastern Bahamas with 185 mph winds

Cat 5 is 156 or higher...so IF there were a Cat 6, this would be a Cat 6....WOW !! :eek:

Name to be retired for sure.....joining the ranks of Andrew, Camille, Hugo, etc...

3. Too early to see if Dorian will be retired. Usually, hurricanes have to cause significant damages and/or casualties (direct ones because of flooding, structure collapse, surge, and their aftermath; not indirect ones because of chaos in stores or making preparations for the storm). If damage is significant, The Bahamas can petition the WMO to have the name retired.

Yeah....I'm pretty sure the name will be retired
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

casinterest

Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:33 pm

casinterest wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:
A few things to note:

All I can say is that I hope people truly understand that a man who berates "fake news" sure comes up with a lot of fake data to advance his own ideas. I hope those willful cult members of his start to realize that he is and always has been a showman, with no clue about what really needs to be done.

Looks like the chief scientist in the NOAA is going to go after the REMFs that kowtowed to Trump.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/10/politics ... index.html

"If the public cannot trust our information, or we debase our forecaster's warnings and products, that specific danger arises," McLean wrote.
Trump falsely claimed on September 1 that Alabama "would most likely be hit (much) harder than anticipated" by Hurricane Dorian -- an assertion he later escalated in displaying an apparently altered map of a NOAA forecast that extended Dorian's path into Alabama with a black marker.

DIRECTFLT

Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:33 pm

Not getting in depth coverage by the national news, but the people of the Bahamas are very displeased with the current PM's govt's seeming lack of response to the crisis on Abaco Island and other aid related red tape issues.

Here's a YouTube video compilation of complaints. If it was Trump in charge, I'm sure the MSM would be full force airing every grievance...

https://youtu.be/IgUIinDXwXg
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

casinterest

Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:24 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Not getting in depth coverage by the national news, but the people of the Bahamas are very displeased with the current PM's govt's seeming lack of response to the crisis on Abaco Island and other aid related red tape issues.

Here's a YouTube video compilation of complaints. If it was Trump in charge, I'm sure the MSM would be full force airing every grievance...

https://youtu.be/IgUIinDXwXg

There is a huge problem for those that lack perspective. Infrastructure was wiped out. Massive relief is needed and is coming wth money donated, relief caravans being organized, but there is no place to bring it yet.

https://www.npr.org/2019/09/10/75943155 ... -not-exist
n the Abaco Islands and on Grand Bahama, two of the hardest-hit areas, air traffic controllers are struggling to keep up with the number of incoming flights carrying humanitarian aid, and transport vehicles to distribute it are in short supply. Delafield said aid workers are trying to make sure victims have food, water and shelter, but many of the people they're trying to help have little or no means of communication.

Let us also not forget that Trump is in charge of the US, the closest neighbor, and he sought to make things worse instead of better.

U.S. officials say they have processed thousands of evacuees from the Bahamas arriving by plane and on cruise ships. However, confusion lingers about whether people will be denied entry to the U.S. if they don't have travel documents. It's also unclear whether the Trump administration will grant Bahamians temporary protected status, which would allow evacuees to live and work in the U.S.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-mete ... florida-b/

Remember Trump said the following about people that just lost everything including papers.

When a reporter asked President Donald Trump to weigh in on whether people fleeing the Bahamas should get Temporary Protected Status, he didn’t answer the question directly.

"We have to be very careful. Everybody needs totally proper documentation. The Bahamas had some tremendous problems with people going to the Bahamas that weren’t supposed to be there," Trump said Sept. 9. "I don’t want to allow people that weren’t supposed to be in the Bahamas to come into the United States, including some very bad people and some very bad gang members and some very, very bad drug dealers."

DIRECTFLT

Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:33 pm

Thousands of Haitian Migrants (Illegal Immigrants), Devastated by Dorian, Face Deportation From the Bahamas

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/10/worl ... eport.html

My, how Trumpian of the PM. I guess he's not on board with the Open Borders message of the American and European Liberal Left.
I guess they should sit down and have a talk with him.

In an interview with The Nassau Guardian, immigration minister, Elsworth Johnson said that “at the end of the day, we must do what is in the best interest of the Bahamas while still protecting the dignity of the human person.”

Prime Minister Hubert Minnis has warned that undocumented migrants affected by Hurricane Dorian would not receive asylum or special treatment. He also warned Bahamian businesses not to hire migrants without work permits. Even those Haitians who were working legally but lost their jobs as a result of the storm were told that applications for new work permits must be filed from outside the Bahamas.
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

casinterest

Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:55 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Thousands of Haitian Migrants (Illegal Immigrants), Devastated by Dorian, Face Deportation From the Bahamas

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/10/worl ... eport.html

My, how Trumpian of the PM. I guess he's not on board with the Open Borders message of the American and European Liberal Left.
I guess they should sit down and have a talk with him.

In an interview with The Nassau Guardian, immigration minister, Elsworth Johnson said that “at the end of the day, we must do what is in the best interest of the Bahamas while still protecting the dignity of the human person.”

Prime Minister Hubert Minnis has warned that undocumented migrants affected by Hurricane Dorian would not receive asylum or special treatment. He also warned Bahamian businesses not to hire migrants without work permits. Even those Haitians who were working legally but lost their jobs as a result of the storm were told that applications for new work permits must be filed from outside the Bahamas.

Meanwhile in Haiti, there is a real humanitarian crisis. So there are still some items to work out . So maybe they will reevaluate.