Kidbooo
Topic Author

Aircraft Spotting Logs

Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:46 am

Hello everyone,,
I currently run the B787register website, but I am also looking into creating a sister site that will allow fellow spotters to record aircraft they have seen etc.
I realise there are a few other sites out on the Internet but this is more of a hobby project to make use of a spare Raspberry Pi I have sat around not doing much.
basically what would you, an aircraft spotter like to see on a logging website? I have a few ideas etc but what I would like to gauge is what spotters really want from one of these websites.
Any input would be great....

TheRegHunter

Re: Aircraft Spotting Logs

Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:29 am

Hi there! I've been collecting aircraft regos for the past 16 years at least and have an excel document of over 2,000 as it stands. When I'm logging my registrations, I have the obvious headings such as airline, model and sub-model, MSN and location spotted. I've also added in the amount of times I've seen this aircraft, if I've flown on it before and its current status (active, stored or scrapped). I've also a "notes" column where I add any additional information that may interest me. I hope this helps and good luck with your little project!
:smile:
EI,LX, DL, BA, LH, WW, WS, UX, FR, D8, FI, RV, LA, WX, AA, CO
A220, A319, A320, A321, A321N, A333, B732, B737, B738, B744, B752, B753, B763, B773, B789, E190, MD88

388crazy

Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:25 pm

I started logging registrations in 2011, mainly commercial aircraft but also some general aviation and private aircraft.
I collect the same data as TheRegHunter except for the amount of times seen.
I have 2 sheets, one for any aircraft I have seen even if I have seen that aircraft before with a different airline or registration. The other I only list the aircraft once even if I see it with another airline/reg.

Something I would like is a way to import from excel as I currently have 7999 in my first sheet and 7898 in my second
319 320 A20N 321 332/3 346 359 388 737/8/9 74L/4/8 752/3 763/4 77E/L/W 788/9 AT75 CR7/9/K DH4 E145 E170/5 E190 MD88
4O 6E 9W AA AF AI AS AT AZ BA CA CX D7 D8 DI DL DY EI EK ET EY FJ I2 IB IR JJ JQ KL KQ LB LH MH MI MU NZ PC QF RJ SG SQ TG TP TT UA VA VY

nighthawk

Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:51 am

As you can see from my signature, I run http://www.planelogger.com - a website dedicated to allowing spotters to log aircraft they have seen and flown on. We have a massive database of almost every single historical aircraft that has ever operated, making it very easy to browse airline fleets, both active and historical, and record your sightings. We also allow uploading of photographs you have taken.

I'd be interested to see what additional features people may be looking for out of a spotting log tool. I think we have most covered, but we're always looking to improve :D

nighthawk

Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:54 am

388crazy wrote:

Something I would like is a way to import from excel as I currently have 7999 in my first sheet and 7898 in my second

if you email me your list we can import into our system from Excel/CSV.. Just drop me an email at [email protected] with the logs and your username on the site.