casinterest

Re: Trump Repeatedly Pressed Ukraine’s President to Investigate Biden’s Son

Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:58 pm

SanDiegoLover wrote:
The whistle blower complaint has been released. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump- ... t-n1058971

Wow. That is stunning, and it pretty much outlines why Pelosi felt she could go ahead with the impeachment hearings. To get that many people concerned within the White House and outside of the White House, there was some serious shady stuff going on.

It wasn't a flippant remark or two by the President. It was a concentrated concerted effort to get Ukraine to "play ball" over Biden with Giuliani as the main goat and Barr running interference. The battle for the heart of the GOP has begun, and we can see by Trump's tweets today, he is not going to go down without a fight.
Where ever you go, there you are.

wingman

Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:07 pm

The whistleblower piece is one of the most stunning things I've ever read in my life. The President will be impeached or will resign his office by the end of the year. You can take that to the bank. And there was no witch hunt here, his undoing will be 100% attributable to his own actions, the actions of a white collar criminal born and bred to the role. The idiot thinks he's Al Capone and the entire Republican Party enabled him. The best part will be unraveling the attempted cover up of the call, that may land Barr and Giuliani in prison.

This is today's GOP people, witness the utter depravity the party has become.

2122M

Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:31 pm

I understand the role the acting DNI plays in this, but its interesting to me that the conservatives in this hearing are very concerned about how and why the info got out, and not really interested in talking about the content of the report or its implications.

Aaron747

Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:40 pm

2122M wrote:
I understand the role the acting DNI plays in this, but its interesting to me that the conservatives in this hearing are very concerned about how and why the info got out, and not really interested in talking about the content of the report or its implications.

I wouldn't call them real conservatives - at this point they are Fakepublicans. The real conservatives are obviously those who believe nobody is above the law.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

Tugger

Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:02 pm

How long till the storyline script is released for all the Trumps supporters to follow on this? They've been silent since the release so obviously waiting to get the right story.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

einsteinboricua

Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:04 pm

Tugger wrote:
How long till the storyline script is released for all the Trumps supporters to follow on this? They've been silent since the release so obviously waiting to get the right story.

That's because the actual talking points were disclosed already. There's no obvious counterargument since it's all been revealed.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

casinterest

Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:09 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
Tugger wrote:

That's because the actual talking points were disclosed already. There's no obvious counterargument since it's all been revealed.

Biden is more corrupt than Trump will be the new rally cry. Even if it has no legs. The Trump supporters will not go down without a fight.
The Trump voters, will probably start looking for the exits.
The GOP in the house will probably hope that Trump resigns rather than having their name go down on an impeachment vote with too many Trump supporters out there.
The GOP in the senate will go quiet hoping that Trump resigns.

Secretly, I still think a lot in the GOP knew this was happening, and Pelosi knew it as well, and there were private agreements for the impeachment to begin to start forcing Trump out.
Last edited by casinterest on Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SanDiegoLover

Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:16 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
It's reassuring to know there are still legit patriots looking out for the country in DC.

It's sad that patriots have to submit whistleblower complaints against high ranking officials in the first place. Not lamenting that a process exists, but rather that it's being used.

The sad thing most whistle blowers pay a heavy price for doing so, even when following protocol to do so. Both Obama and GW Bush, and now Trump have been awful in this regard.

wingman

Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:23 pm

Fox and Breitbart are saying that talking points will be coming from the WH shortly, they're just double-checking the distribution list. Once they're posted we should be hearing from the 5th Avenue Face Shooting Coalition. I imagine they will not be deterred.

casinterest

Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:34 pm

Someone on Twitter just brought it up, and i just checked. it is there. Check the appendix of the whistle-blower's document.

This is NOT the first time the White House staff has sealed a document for the political purposes of Trump per the White House staff.

//edit Found article on it:

https://www.newsweek.com/not-first-time ... er-1461581

einsteinboricua

Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:29 pm

casinterest wrote:
The GOP in the house will probably hope that Trump resigns rather than having their name go down on an impeachment vote with too many Trump supporters out there.

Secretly, I still think a lot in the GOP knew this was happening, and Pelosi knew it as well, and there were private agreements for the impeachment to begin to start forcing Trump out.

I don't tend to believe first person posts without a valid source being linked, but there was someone on Twitter who said that a GOP Senator told them that, if they were able to cast a secret ballot to convict Trump, about 30 of them would do so.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

casinterest

Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:11 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
casinterest wrote:

I don't tend to believe first person posts without a valid source being linked, but there was someone on Twitter who said that a GOP Senator told them that, if they were able to cast a secret ballot to convict Trump, about 30 of them would do so.

I saw that yesterday. Came from a former Bush/McCain staffer I think. Either way the key words here are "secret ballot". Unfortunately these people are public Senators. They will test the wind before pissing.

Trump has done something very wrong here, and in the short term they could lose votes over a pro impeachment vote, but in the long term, they don't want their legacies destroyed by 20/20 hindsight.

casinterest

Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:34 pm

Well the expected GOP talking points are out apparently. Blame the whistle-blower, and those that take his 2nd hand word for a document that Trump freely gave to us all.

wingman

Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:38 pm

The best Lindsay Graham can come up with is to demand to know who leaked this affair to the whistleblower. Trump followed with a speech to his staff the morning insinuating that he'd have the whistleblower killed. No joke, it's out there in the public domain. The guy really thinks he's Al Capone and he's living in 1920's Chicago.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white- ... c-n1059011
Last edited by wingman on Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:38 pm

afcjets wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
afcjets wrote:

Or manipulate bankruptcy laws, turning several hundred million dollars into several billion, building and marketing tons of luxury properties, creating a successful tv show for over ten seasons, winning the presidency of the world's greatest superpower, and according to you colluding with another superpower like Russia to pull off the greatest hoax in our nation's history, and get away with it despite a two year special counsel investigation.

LOL you are in *deep*...fooling the gullible: the art of the deal.

Manipulate bankruptcy laws...that's a new one. You guys just make up lies to tell yourself.

Other than colluding with Russia and getting away with it, which one is not true? You admit yourself he used bk laws to his advantage (it's a matter of public record) when you compared him to Richard Branson (this was before he ran for President as a Republican of course) and complimented both of them for their brilliance.

MaverickM11 wrote:
The only time I hear about Trump is when he's whoring himself out or one of his companies is going into bankruptcy protection. He and Branson seem to have the same talent of running a brilliant PR machine that hides the forgettable businesses.

Yeah that was a left handed compliment--"people seem to think you're sane in spite of you being a phenomenal #*(@ up!" At least Branson had a legitimate business to begin with. You're aware bankruptcy is not a good thing, right? Taking advantage of bankruptcy is not a talent unless you're some sort of corporate raider. Trump is not a corporate raider. He is just a terrible businessman, and the fact we have to re-litigate this after it was common knowledge for *decades* before he ran for President--the first time--shows how far gone the republicans are.

wingman wrote:
Fox and Breitbart are saying that talking points will be coming from the WH shortly, they're just double-checking the distribution list. Once they're posted we should be hearing from the 5th Avenue Face Shooting Coalition. I imagine they will not be deterred.

:rotfl: I can not stop cackling at the email recall. Gahd we have the dumbest crooks ever in this admin. Giuliani will be stepping into his own turd shortly thereafter

wingman wrote:
The best Lindsay Graham can come up with is to demand to know who leaked this affair to the whistleblower. Trump followed with a speech to his staff the morning insinuating that he'd have the whistleblower killed.

Psssssst Trump--you're the traitor. Although we agree on punishment!
E pur si muove -Galileo

casinterest

Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:53 pm

wingman wrote:
The best Lindsay Graham can come up with is to demand to know who leaked this affair to the whistleblower. Trump followed with a speech to his staff the morning insinuating that he'd have the whistleblower killed. No joke, it's out there in the public domain. The guy really thinks he's Al Capone and he's living in 1920's Chicago.

For a guy that is trying to push the idea that the whistleblower is not to be believed, he is using the wrong words and actions. This about makes it clear that it is a real issue.

MSPNWA

Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:11 pm

SanDiegoLover wrote:
The whistle blower complaint has been released. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump- ... t-n1058971

Any objective mind can read it and know there is nothing there except corruption by the Bidens and the DNC. I'm glad this all came out, because it exposes the Democrats for being the corrupt zealots for who they are.

Now the fallout is that foreign leaders can't trust their conversation with the President (R or D) won't be used against them. Well done, Dems!

2122M

Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:29 pm

MSPNWA wrote:
SanDiegoLover wrote:

Any objective mind can read it and know there is nothing there except corruption by the Bidens and the DNC. I'm glad this all came out, because it exposes the Democrats for being the corrupt zealots for who they are.

Now the fallout is that foreign leaders can't trust their conversation with the President (R or D) won't be used against them. Well done, Dems!

:roll: Looks like the talking points have been sent out by the Trump team.....

casinterest

Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:37 pm

MSPNWA wrote:
SanDiegoLover wrote:

Yeah, that's why Trump and his team hid the call on secret servers and involved a non Government Lawyer in the process. Yeah, that's the ticket. Everyone has known since Trump tore up the Paris agreement that the US can't be trusted.

seb146

Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:02 pm

So, the ACTING director of National Intelligence (he has not been confirmed by the Senate, simply placed there by the occupant of the White House) told the House committee that he went to the White House to ask what to do with the whistle blower complaint.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congre ... t-n1058981

Guess what the White House said?

And we also found out that phone calls are being moved to servers that have no reason to be on those servers.

EDIT:

He suggested the whistle blower is a spy and should be put to death?

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... ution.html
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

Tugger

Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:13 pm

MSPNWA wrote:

What are you on about? The transcript isn't being used against the Ukrainian president. He is not involved other than by what Trump did/attempted to do.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

jdstJD

Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:20 pm

MSPNWA wrote:
SanDiegoLover wrote:

Or maybe it will put foreign leaders (and future corrupt U.S. presidents) on notice that the United States doesn’t play that $hit and not to expect that they can get on an official call and conduct themselves in a corrupt manner. Talk about legitimate matters as heads of state and you don’t have to worry about being made a fool of by the American free press when they find out what your corrupt or would-be corrupt government is up to.
Lawyer, frequent air traveler and aviation enthusiast.

wingman

Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:27 pm

Tugger wrote:
MSPNWA wrote:

What are you on about? The transcript isn't being used against the Ukrainian president. He is not involved other than by what Trump did/attempted to do.

Tugg

MSP should wait for the official talking points. I understand it's taking a very long time and in your impatience you might invent your own. I think this is what he did because it reads like someone answering a test question "2+2=?" and answering "hamburgers!".

Aaron747

Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:59 pm

MSPNWA wrote:
SanDiegoLover wrote:

That you don’t see patriotic WH staffers alerting others to wrongdoing as important says everything. Aligning oneself with a wannabe Mafioso? Not a good look...
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

Lilienthal

Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:56 pm

wingman wrote:

Interesting to hear Trump complaining about people giving away secrets and how he would like for them to be executed... Wasn't he the one who blabbed away confidential information to the Russians, that exposed a high level CIA source in Russia? Coincidentally the one that exposed Russian meddling in the 2016 election to the CIA. But that was just a coincidence, mind you...

CitizenJustin

Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:45 pm

Hubris has been the downfall of many powerful men throughout history. Trump may just find himself amongst that very long list.

Aaron747

Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:53 pm

CitizenJustin wrote:
Hubris has been the downfall of many powerful men throughout history. Trump may just find himself amongst that very long list.

Poetic justice, in the end. For all the great schools he went to, Young 45 likely never bothered to completely read Antigone or Oedipus Rex.

MSPNWA

Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:03 am

Tugger wrote:

I need to spell that out? You don't see the ramifications of using typical, private conversations for political agendas? Wow. No wonder Dems get elected.

casinterest

Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:08 am

MSPNWA wrote:
Tugger wrote:

I need to spell that out? You don't see the ramifications of using typical, private conversations for political agendas? Wow. No wonder Dems get elected.

I do thnk the Ukranian President will suffer some backlash, but it will be minimal. He was clearly willing to take on the quid pro quo in order to get defensive weapons to challenge Russia. Trump was merely digging for dirt on an opponent who is not even guaranteed to run against him.

Some would say Trump is far too impetuous and short sighted.

seb146

Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:55 am

MSPNWA wrote:
Tugger wrote:

"If you investigate my biggest political opponent and I will make it worth your while" is not a typical private conversation. It is only to enrich the occupant of the White House. Not We The People. It is clearly unconstitutional.

https://www.justsecurity.org/66277/the- ... rainegate/

Read the third paragraph VERY CAREFULLY.

Aaron747

Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:19 am

MSPNWA wrote:
Tugger wrote:

Not a political agenda - some of the concerns are directly from WH staffers. It’s called, I dunno...the Constitution?

bgm

Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:37 pm

To those who blindly support Trump, It's going to be quite hard to nothingburger your way out of this one.
████ ███ █ ███████ ██ █ █████ ██ ████ [redacted]

kaitak

Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:56 pm

This is certainly not a "nothingberger" (berder?!). The seriousness of it can hardly be understated, but there is also no surprise that he did such a thing. He does not understand the gravity of what he did (or pretends not to); I think, personally, that he doesn't understand - not just because he is less intelligent, but also because he has no concept of morality or personal integrity. We've seen time and time again that this is the case and it galls me to see that so many of his closest supporters are religious zealots and evangelicals.

So, what now? What will it take? I don't think that impeachment will actually happen; the numbers aren't there and while there might be one or two Republicans who might back impeachment, I really doubt there will be enough. However, I think this will do damage and I think it will also focus attention on Mueller and what he said/did there. It's very difficult to believe that having done what he did in relation to Ukraine, that he did not commit illegal acts in relation to the 2016 election - either directly or indirectly. It does also focus attention on (a) why he was not interviewed directly and (b) why his financial records were not subject to sub-poena.

The basic message is: if you have a corrupt leader at the top, with a limited understanding of basic morality and common decency, this character defect will flow throughout the organisation, in the people he appoints and the standards that are deemed to be acceptable. In years to come, the Trump administration will be a lesson in (bad) political leadership.

One question I have - in general, rather than Trump generally: are all WH staff replaced at each change of administration; I know there are serving staff - butlers, serving staff - who remain on, but is there a "civil service", of people who can advise a new administration on protocol, practice and other issues pertinent to how government is/should be run.

DL717

Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:01 pm

Once again, the Dems roll the dice and come up snake eyes. What a sad state of affairs.
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?

Kno

Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:26 pm

777222LR wrote:
Y'all, any way you slice it, this president stinks to high heaven. Every day we find out about something he's done, said, tried, or lied about. I don't know how you can support this and call yourself a good person. Does this man inspire you to be a better person? Do you hold him up as a role model to your kids? Just curious. I get defending your party and values, fine...but this guy? Come on.

Thank you.

People are so caught up in their parties they can't objectively see this man for what he is on a human level. He's an absolute scumbag in plain sight, he was before politics and he will be after politics. The track record is out there for all to see.

casinterest

Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:38 pm

Trump is in a lot of trouble.

https://www.businessinsider.com/intelli ... ail-2019-9

Specifically, he wrote to Maguire, "alleged conduct by a senior US public official to seek foreign assistance to interfere in or influence a federal election would constitute a 'serious or flagrant problem'" and would also "potentially expose such a US public official to serious national security and counterintelligence risks with respect to foreign intelligence services aware of such alleged conduct."

Not withstanding the age old rumors of tapes of Trump, but even Trump's staff knew this call was so bad that they had to hide the evidence.

Tugger

Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:54 pm

MSPNWA wrote:
Tugger wrote:

You appear to be confused? You are actually saying that you totally disagree with what Trump did, as he used a private conversation for a political agenda.....

This is an interesting argument you are making.

Tugg

bgm

Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:05 pm

DL717 wrote:
Once again, the Dems roll the dice and come up snake eyes. What a sad state of affairs.

Really? That's the best you've got? With all the insurmountable evidence staring you right in the face?

What a sad state of affairs indeed...
████ ███ █ ███████ ██ █ █████ ██ ████ [redacted]

wingman

Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:07 pm

DL717 wrote:

Aaahh, the Orange Core begins to ooze out from under Cheeto Rock. Sadly with nothing to add to the conversation. Snake eyes on Day 2. Oh Pumpkin, we have so many miles to walk, so many interview to conduct under oath, so many revelations to ponder over, and so many punishments to mete out. Back under Cheeto Rock you go. The Talking Points are still under committee review so alas there is so little to say as your post clearly points out.

wingman

Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:00 pm

He doesn't look nearly as pathetic as Trump sniffing Putin's rear end while he trashes his own intelligence services. At least Zelensky has a legitimate reason to suck up. I mean who the hell wants to live under the hard boot of drunk Russian thuggery? Eastern Europe ran for better and greener pastures first chance they got. I don't see any them clamoring to get back into the toilet.

mham001

Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:44 pm

Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky: "We had, I think, a good phone call. It was normal. We spoke about many things. I think and you read it that nobody pushed me."

I keep wondering why the US media is not in Ukraine doing more interviews and research. For example they keep repeating one Bloomberg report from last May that others have said have changed, (such as a Biden investigation). I read last week the prosecutor - due to be replaced this month - directly quoted they are investigating - and looking for help on that. A direct quote, either this reporter for a major newspaper in the largest city in the country is flat out lying, or there is a concerted attempt to not look around.

The only thing that has come to light so far is Trump's Giuliani problem. Meanwhile Biden gets a complete pass - maybe Nancy's reason for pushing this, take the spotlight off the Democratic Party's preferred candidate. Now we learn Joe's brother came up with a $1.5 billion contract in Iraq to construct housing during Joe's tenure there and actively sold his brother's name. For sure, lots of stink around. From last month...https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... ign-227407

wingman

Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:46 pm

Trump will be taking all his kids with him, except maybe that one kid..I can't remember his name but it's Melania's son, he's probably got too much homework to be involved in daddy's dirty little missions in Ukraine.

Man, watching Jared, Ivanka and the Rhino Shooter testifying under oath and lying to keep their cut intact will be one for the ages. I hope Regal shows that in IMAX.

Spar

Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:54 pm

mham001 wrote:
Now we learn Joe's brother came up with a $1.5 billion contract in Iraq to construct housing during Joe's tenure there and actively sold his brother's name. For sure, lots of stink around.

You forgot to mention Hillary's E-mails or even Bengazi or Vince Foster.

You're slipping.

seb146

Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:56 pm

mham001 wrote:
Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky: "We had, I think, a good phone call. It was normal. We spoke about many things. I think and you read it that nobody pushed me."

I keep wondering why the US media is not in Ukraine doing more interviews and research. For example they keep repeating one Bloomberg report from last May that others have said have changed, (such as a Biden investigation). I read last week the prosecutor - due to be replaced this month - directly quoted they are investigating - and looking for help on that. A direct quote, either this reporter for a major newspaper in the largest city in the country is flat out lying, or there is a concerted attempt to not look around.

The only thing that has come to light so far is Trump's Giuliani problem. Meanwhile Biden gets a complete pass - maybe Nancy's reason for pushing this, take the spotlight off the Democratic Party's preferred candidate. Now we learn Joe's brother came up with a $1.5 billion contract in Iraq to construct housing during Joe's tenure there and actively sold his brother's name. For sure, lots of stink around. From last month...https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... ign-227407

interesting.

Funny how none of this was brought up while Biden was still vice president. How none of this was brought up by the Republican controlled Congress. hmmmmmm.....

casinterest

Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:57 pm

mham001 wrote:

Did you actually read the article?

In the end, the contracts did not work out, and HillStone did not end up building the housing. “I thought we had a good chance during a downturn in that market to become a player and I was wrong, so we closed it down,” Richter told the magazine Arabian Business in 2014.

You might find as you actually do some real investigating and research that the Biden's were already investigated and cleared in the Ukraine. Trump and his circle of associated will be investigated in the US. We will see what happens under Obstruction of Justice, Extortion, Campaign Finance violations, and a host of other charges.

seb146

Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:04 pm

The acting DNI, who had the original whistle blower complaint, went to the White House to seek advice on what to do with it. I wonder if the original complaint is locked away somewhere or the current complaint has been altered in some way? I have to ask because look at the disregard for the law and We The People this administration has.

Besides, the acting (fill in position here) was never sworn in or confirmed by the Senate. Simply appointed by the occupant of the White House.

wingman

Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:12 pm

casinterest wrote:
Did you actually read the article?

In the end, the contracts did not work out, and HillStone did not end up building the housing. “I thought we had a good chance during a downturn in that market to become a player and I was wrong, so we closed it down,” Richter told the magazine Arabian Business in 2014.

You might find as you actually do some real investigating and research that the Biden's were already investigated and cleared in the Ukraine. Trump and his circle of associated will be investigated in the US. We will see what happens under Obstruction of Justice, Extortion, Campaign Finance violations, and a host of other charges.

Read the article? He doesn't even remember the history from the last GOP administration prior to Trump's. He talks about the Biden's purportedly gaining economic benefit from rebuilding in Iraq, a country invaded by Republicans for completely bullshit reasons and orchestrated by the former CEO of Halliburton, a company which went on to directly and massively clean up on multibillion dollar contracts left and right in the aftermath? The brain goes numb trying to fathom how people can have the balls to concoct this kind of crap when known and factual history ids in the public domain for all to see. Again thigh, this is the 5th Ave Face-Shooting Coalition we're dealing with, you're wasting your cartilege tapping away on the keyboard.

jdstJD

Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:21 pm

anrec80 wrote:

What also stroke me here - is that as a lawyer, you must know what is a confidential information, and how to handle it. I am sure every lawyer gets situations in their practice when they feel that their client did the wrong thing knowingly and intentionally. And nonetheless, they don’t just publish the case details to all social media and press.

Yes, I am a lawyer and I am very familiar with the attorney-client confidentiality of communications. I am also very familiar with the rules that govern attorney-client confidential communications as well as how starkly different the concept of that rule is from the expectation, not requirement, of confidentiality between heads of state when it comes to communications regarding the affairs of their respective countries. One obvious distinction is that when two presidents are discussing foreign policy matters, they are supposed to be doing so in the interests of their countries, not in their personal interests or for personal political gain. It is not and should not be an expectation that in having a conversation that is intended to be a strategic communication by one or both leaders for the purpose of maximizing their country's benefit from working with the other country that communications outside of that scope and go into the realm of potential criminal activity will just be hidden away under the same protections that are supposed to be afforded to them for legitimate purposes. If that were the case then there WOULD be rampant corruption among and throughout all countries because they would know that whatever conversations they have that include inappropriate collusion, quid pro quos or incriminating information would never reach the light of day. So yes, as a lawyer and a person who takes the law very seriously I DO believe that it is critical to allow some limitations to the confidentiality of communications among world leaders for this reason...just as there are limitations to the confidentiality that attorneys and their clients enjoy in instances that involve the commission or criminal activity.

anrec80 wrote:
What will happen you start going and tweeting about what you and your clients talk about as part of client-attorney relationship?

I wouldn't do that. If my client were discussing things that implicate criminal activity there are rules that govern that. Once again, Different situation.

anrec80 wrote:
I assume you know the repercussions of this. To start, all your clients will run away from you, and new ones will stop coming. Then, you will probably have some very unpleasant communications with your local bar association. And you will be really lucky if you don’t get to deal with your state’s Attorney General on this matter. Same here.

anrec80 wrote:
What will happen you start going and tweeting about what you and your clients talk about as part of client-attorney relationship? I assume you know the repercussions of this. To start, all your clients will run away from you, and new ones will stop coming. Then, you will probably have some very unpleasant communications with your local bar association. And you will be really lucky if you don’t get to deal with your state’s Attorney General on this matter. Same here.

I appreciate the points you are trying to make but please don't presume you know more than I do on how the rules and concepts governing attorney-client communication matters work and how they differ from the issues in this thread and what has occurred between Trump and the President of the Ukraine.
Lawyer, frequent air traveler and aviation enthusiast.

windy95

Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:18 pm

Another nothing burger with a side of full blown Trump Derangement Syndrome. This "whistleblower" document reads like the "Pee Pee" dossier. All of which was proven wrong by the release of actual call and backed by the Ukrainian President. The deep state along with the criminal liberal media will stop at nothing. Meanwhile actual video of Biden admitting to doing what Trump is being accused of is being ignored by the MSM and the Dems.