Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

maps4ltd
Topic Author

How do companies in lower GNP per person finance aircraft?

Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:23 am

I'm doing this because the other thread was locked.

How much governmental assistance is required?
Do countries that have trade ties with Europe and North America get better access to Airbus and Boeing?
If China has such a strong relationship with Africa, then why don't they encourage African airlines to purchase Comac aircraft, Xian MA-60s (except for Air Senegal), etc.
Delta Gold Medallion

USAirKid

Re: How do companies in lower GNP per person finance aircraft?

Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:18 am

GNP is an old and generally disused term. It has generally been replaced by GDP.

But to answer your question, just because a country has a low GDP per capita, doesn't mean that there are not rich people who will want to fly in that country, and they can afford it.

TheFlyingDisk

Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:56 am

I would think that they could get loans from the EXIM banks of the respective countries that manufacture airliners. EXIM banks are there to promote exports after all.

Which is why Boeing is all for it - https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKBN1JG3KU
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO

Cunard

Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:45 am

It was all explained in the previous thread which was eventually locked, which I had foreseen happening and had stated so in my post on that particular thread.

So far the replies in this thread are very similar to the ones in the other thread.

Was there any need to start a similar thread when the answers and replies are going to be the same as in the other ''locked'' thread!

There is absolutely loads of information online regarding the OP's questions. The forums on Airliners.net are great place to discuss aviation topics but there is a World Wide Web out there where the answers are easily accessible by anyone.

This could well be another short lived thread as the last one started within the last couple of hours concerning the same topic didn't even last six hours before it was eventually locked and rightly so in my opinion.

Let's see how this one play's out!
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.

MIflyer12

Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:11 am

USAirKid wrote:
GNP is an old and generally disused term. It has generally been replaced by GDP.

Weak. GNP is indeed the better measure here because foreign transfers (whether from investments, or just remittances) can create air travel demand and/or buy aircraft.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos