steveinbc
Topic Author

Trump calls Canadian PM Trudeau “Two-Faced”

Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:34 pm

While at the NATO summit, Trudeau was caught on video mocking Trump with a number of other leaders including the French PM Macron.
Trump calls him “two-faced” in response.
On this one for sure, this is all on Trudeau. He is such an embarrassment as a Prime Minister and has ruined relationships with US, China, India by his conceited and arrogant behaviour in my view
A319 320 321 330 340 380 B707 727 737 747 757 767 777 787 BAe1-11 Trident 1, 2, 3B Viscount Lancaster VC10 HS748, ATP DHC-1, 3 Dash-8 Dash-400 Shorts 330 360 Embraer Banderiante Brasileria 175 190 BAe146 Saab 200 DC-3 -8 -9 -10 MD-11 ATR42-72

einsteinboricua

Re: Trump calls Canadian PM Trudeau “Two-Faced”

Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:38 pm

I actually find Trump being the more two-faced person after saying that Macron's recent statements on NATO were "insulting"...you know, because if there's anyone that has shown to be the biggest supporter of NATO in history, it's Trump.

steveinbc wrote:
On this one for sure, this is all on Trudeau.

Did the video show him saying "Trump"? Some egos are so easily bruised these days...
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

seb146

Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:39 pm

The leader of the MAGA base is constantly berating, name calling, and bullying others. Adam Schiff, Nancy Pelosi, Elizabeth Warren, mocking reporters, and his fan base cheers. Other world leaders talk about what they really think of him and he gets all snowflakey, throws a tantrum and leaves.

Don't dish it out if you can't take it.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

WarRI1

Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:19 pm

:liar: :liar: pants on fire. An absurdity for this wacky liar to call anyone two faced. This is the man who knows no one, remembers nothing, and cannot recall a thing.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

LMP737

Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:22 pm

seb146 wrote:
The leader of the MAGA base is constantly berating, name calling, and bullying others. Adam Schiff, Nancy Pelosi, Elizabeth Warren, mocking reporters, and his fan base cheers. Other world leaders talk about what they really think of him and he gets all snowflakey, throws a tantrum and leaves.

Don't forget him mocking the reporter who had a physical disability.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

Dutchy

Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:52 pm

Link to video

So a few leaders have a laugh, Macron, Rutte, Johnson and Trudeau. Mucking Trump is the new normal around the world and rightfully so.

Don't forget we are talking about the man who did this for the world's press: Trump appears to push aside Montenegro PM at Nato photocall

So I think mr. Trudeau is very diplomatic and polite for mr. Trump
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

Dieuwer

Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:59 pm

"When they go low, you go lower."

Caryjack

Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:08 pm

Rush Limbaugh called him a cross-dresser.

Aesma

Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:20 pm

Coming from Trump...

Anyway, the definition of being a politician is two faced...
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

wingman

Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:42 pm

He has black face and white face, but we knew this already.

einsteinboricua

Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:43 pm

WarRI1 wrote:
:liar: :liar: pants on fire. An absurdity for this wacky liar to call anyone two faced. This is the man who knows no one, remembers nothing, and cannot recall a thing.

But...but...he has one of the greatest memories of all time
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

1989worstyear

Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:49 pm

LMP737 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Don't forget him mocking the reporter who had a physical disability.

..and multiple US vets (McCain, Buttigieg...).
Stuck at age 15 thanks to the certification date of the A320-200 and my parents' decision to postpone having a kid by 3 years. At least there's Dignitas...

seb146

Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:42 pm

Dieuwer wrote:

He takes the low road and just sinks lower and lower. Taking the high road is not working. It never has with this man. He needs to be given what he gives.

casinterest

Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:58 pm

steveinbc wrote:
While at the NATO summit, Trudeau was caught on video mocking Trump with a number of other leaders including the French PM Macron.
On this one for sure, this is all on Trudeau. He is such an embarrassment as a Prime Minister and has ruined relationships with US, China, India by his conceited and arrogant behaviour in my view

How do yo call it all on Trudeau? This thread was started based on Trump's response.
Trudeau has his issues and detractors, and his actions and discussions only emphasized Trump's long assertion that other countries are laughing at us.

Trump is always laughing at other's expense.
Where ever you go, there you are.

TSS

Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:38 pm

I think the point being made is that Trump is Trump under all circumstances and, like it or not, you know what you're getting with him, whereas Trudeau likes to pretend he's "Mister Sensitive" and the perfect example of "The Enlightened Male" who's all about diversity, inclusion, social equity, intersectionality, etc., but who reverts to his stereotypical school bully roots when he thinks no-one is looking by mocking a fellow world leader who suffers severe challenges in both the personality and looks departments. Trump may be a narcissistic buffoon, but he's consistently a narcissistic buffoon and doesn't try to make people believe he's anything else but that.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

casinterest

Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:48 pm

TSS wrote:
I think the point being made is that Trump is Trump under all circumstances and, like it or not, you know what you're getting with him, whereas Trudeau likes to pretend he's "Mister Sensitive" and the perfect example of "The Enlightened Male" who's all about diversity, inclusion, social equity, intersectionality, etc., but who reverts to his stereotypical school bully roots when he thinks no-one is looking by mocking a fellow world leader who suffers severe challenges in both the personality and looks departments. Trump may be a narcissistic buffoon, but he's consistently a narcissistic buffoon and doesn't try to make people believe he's anything else but that.

But Trudeau was talking about something Trump had done and made others laugh. That is not two-faced. It is honestly. Trump is a laughing stock to all but his cult followers.

stl07

Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:29 pm

Actually Trump is right on this one, Trudeau has two faces, one white and the other brown.

But you can't be talking when the only face you have is one of an orangutang
Interesting how every thread is spammed with "bring back paid membership, there are too many spammers"

bennett123

Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:57 pm

I find it scary just how thin skinned Donald Trump is.

MaverickM11

Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:00 pm

World leaders aren't even hiding their cackling at our illiterate twitler. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic.

steveinbc wrote:

People have been making fun of Trump for 40+ years. At least the ones with working synapses.
E pur si muove -Galileo

TSS

Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:40 pm

casinterest wrote:
TSS wrote:

But Trudeau was talking about something Trump had done and made others laugh. That is not two-faced. It is honesty. Trump is a laughing stock to all but his cult followers.

The honesty of what Trudeau said is not in question. The fact that Trudeau was making fun of someone behind their back, which goes against all the ultra-PC ideals that Trudeau pretends to stand for, is what qualifies Trudeau as "Two-Faced". If Trudeau got caught doing an accurate but unflattering impression of someone's severe stutter or noticeable limp for laughs would you also then try to defend him by saying "It is honesty"? What if Trudeau got caught poking fun at an ethnic minority by appearing in blackface... wait, my bad, that already happened.

alfa164

Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:06 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
World leaders aren't even hiding their cackling at our illiterate twitler. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic.

You mean Trump? World leaders would laugh at the person who complained about French taxes by saying, “I’m not going to let people take advantage of American companies, because if anyone is going to take advantage of American companies, it’s gonna be us.”?

Surely nobody would deride our Mutant Cheeto...

:roll:
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

steveinbc
Topic Author

Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:38 am

TSS wrote:
casinterest wrote:
TSS wrote:

But Trudeau was talking about something Trump had done and made others laugh. That is not two-faced. It is honesty. Trump is a laughing stock to all but his cult followers.

The honesty of what Trudeau said is not in question. The fact that Trudeau was making fun of someone behind their back, which goes against all the ultra-PC ideals that Trudeau pretends to stand for, is what qualifies Trudeau as "Two-Faced". If Trudeau got caught doing an accurate but unflattering impression of someone's severe stutter or noticeable limp for laughs would you also then try to defend him by saying "It is honesty"? What if Trudeau got caught poking fun at an ethnic minority by appearing in blackface... wait, my bad, that already happened.

Yes. TSS. That's precisely my point. Trump is Trump and WYSIWYG. Whereas Trudeau is a veneer of righteousness and a true playground bully when he thinks noone is watching
A319 320 321 330 340 380 B707 727 737 747 757 767 777 787 BAe1-11 Trident 1, 2, 3B Viscount Lancaster VC10 HS748, ATP DHC-1, 3 Dash-8 Dash-400 Shorts 330 360 Embraer Banderiante Brasileria 175 190 BAe146 Saab 200 DC-3 -8 -9 -10 MD-11 ATR42-72

SanDiegoLover

Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:49 am

seb146 wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:

He takes the low road and just sinks lower and lower. Taking the high road is not working. It never has with this man. He needs to be given what he gives.

Exactly! And Trump stormed off, cutting short his NATO trip. Trump is a coward. He won’t fire people face to face, or deal with conflict mano e mano, but will only do it from afar.

Other leaders have learned Trump isn’t worth dealing with. At first they tried to be nice and turn the other cheek when Trump went on a tirade. Now they refuse to play his childish power games most of us outgrew by high school. I loved Macron fact checking Trump and putting him in his place this week.
https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/0 ... mit-074881

One of Trump’s favorite criticisms of previous Presidents Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, and Obama, was that other countries are “laughing at us”. No they weren’t. But now they are laughing AT YOU, Trump.

SanDiegoLover

Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:16 am

steveinbc wrote:

Yes. TSS. That's precisely my point. Trump is Trump and WYSIWYG. Whereas Trudeau is a veneer of righteousness and a true playground bully when he thinks noone is watching

So in your book if someone goes around 24/7 being a boorish arsehole and self-entitled, narcissistic, drunk...that’s laudable because they’re just being themselves WYSIWYG. But someone in a private moment with friends who jokes / gestures about another work colleague is a “true bully”.

I don’t think you know what that word means. https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/bully

Do you see Trump as vulnerable? For a “true playground bully” you need a power imbalance. Ie...stronger or bigger kid vs smaller or weaker one. PM of Canada is on an equal footing with POTUS, certainly as contemporary peers. That or you are finally seeing Trump for the snowflake he is.

A true bully would be when a boss bullies an employee. You know, like Trump did to Ambassador Yovanovitch. Or you use your power position to take advantage of a person under duress. You know, like Trump did to President Zelensky. Trump even has what we all acknowledge is “the bully pulpit”. Why is it Trumpettes always parrot “Trump’s a counterpunching guy” but get so offended when someone else proffers the slightest retort to Trump being Trump?

TSS

Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:12 am

SanDiegoLover wrote:
steveinbc wrote:

So in your book if someone goes around 24/7 being a boorish arsehole and self-entitled, narcissistic, drunk...that’s laudable because they’re just being themselves WYSIWYG. But someone in a private moment with friends who jokes / gestures about another work colleague is a “true bully”.

I don’t think you know what that word means. https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/bully

Do you see Trump as vulnerable? For a “true playground bully” you need a power imbalance. Ie...stronger or bigger kid vs smaller or weaker one. PM of Canada is on an equal footing with POTUS, certainly as contemporary peers. That or you are finally seeing Trump for the snowflake he is.

A true bully would be when a boss bullies an employee. You know, like Trump did to Ambassador Yovanovitch. Or you use your power position to take advantage of a person under duress. You know, like Trump did to President Zelensky. Trump even has what we all acknowledge is “the bully pulpit”. Why is it Trumpettes always parrot “Trump’s a counterpunching guy” but get so offended when someone else proffers the slightest retort to Trump being Trump?

You seem to be missing the point: No-one is denying that Trump is the way he is. The point is that Trudeau has shown himself to not be the person that he pretends to be, i.e. he is "Two-Faced".

As for a power imbalance being necessary for bullying, well, you've got young, good-looking, and charming versus old, unattractive, and abrasive. That seems like a pretty clear power imbalance to me.

casinterest

Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:17 am

TSS wrote:
casinterest wrote:
TSS wrote:

Trudeau is Trudeau, but putting this whole thread on him, ignores the fact that his point was far from being behind the back, and was definately not a "black -face" level event. But i can see how folks want to raise it as an issue. But a piranha in a shark tank is still not a top predator.

Aesma

Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:31 am

Trudeau isn't some kind of saint. Being nice and PC most of the time is good enough, especially when it's used to advance progressive issues. He's still in power despite what some here said about him so he must not be that bad.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

DLFREEBIRD

Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:00 am

steveinbc wrote:

you do realize Trump said he was two-faced, and then called him a nice guy. Did anybody catch how crazy our president logic is by saying that?

That said Trump got what he deserved, He should have prepared everyone that his opening statement was going to last for several days. He came late, he left early. World leaders are human, they also see Trump's faults, the way he talks, his convoluted logic, his bullying personality, the way he conquers and divides. What's there to like? Of course, they were laughing at him. And the stupid voters in America who haven't caught on.

SanDiegoLover

Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:53 am

TSS wrote:
SanDiegoLover wrote:
steveinbc wrote:

You seem to be missing the point: No-one is denying that Trump is the way he is. The point is that Trudeau has shown himself to not be the person that he pretends to be, i.e. he is "Two-Faced".

As for a power imbalance being necessary for bullying, well, you've got young, good-looking, and charming versus old, unattractive, and abrasive. That seems like a pretty clear power imbalance to me.

Stop with the faux indignation. I’m sick of Trump supporters whining. Trump supporters voted for this clown, and now get pissed it’s turned into a circus? Think not! You don’t vote for Jerry Springer and then grasp your pearls when chairs start flying across the room. You got what you wanted, you do not get to complain about it, and if you do, I simply don’t believe you.

Sokes

Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:24 pm

SanDiegoLover wrote:
I’m sick of Trump supporters whining. Trump supporters voted for this clown, and now get pissed it’s turned into a circus? Think not! You don’t vote for Jerry Springer and then grasp your pearls when chairs start flying across the room. You got what you wanted, you do not get to complain about it, and if you do, I simply don’t believe you.

I believe there are two type of politicians. Those interested in women and those interested in maps. Pick your choice.
Why can't the world be a little bit more autistic?

seb146

Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:43 pm

Sokes wrote:
SanDiegoLover wrote:
I’m sick of Trump supporters whining. Trump supporters voted for this clown, and now get pissed it’s turned into a circus? Think not! You don’t vote for Jerry Springer and then grasp your pearls when chairs start flying across the room. You got what you wanted, you do not get to complain about it, and if you do, I simply don’t believe you.

I believe there are two type of politicians. Those interested in women and those interested in maps. Pick your choice.

You post makes zero sense. Jefferson and Kennedy both had affairs. Jefferson expanded our land by half and Kennedy strengthened NATO. Likewise, GWB and Eisenhower were faithful AFAIK and brought nations together.

Look at the support for the current administration. They were shocked and horrified that a sitting president, Bill Clinton, would have a consensual relationship outside his marriage to the point they demanded he be removed from office. Now they say that does not matter and make up literally every excuse they can think of to support lying and cheating on a spouse. They want the Bible to be the basis for law in this country but will gladly ignore many Biblical laws because of this guy in the White House.

Sokes

Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:43 pm

seb146 wrote:
Sokes wrote:

You post makes zero sense. Jefferson and Kennedy both had affairs. Jefferson expanded our land by half and Kennedy strengthened NATO. Likewise, GWB and Eisenhower were faithful AFAIK and brought nations together.

Look at the support for the current administration. They were shocked and horrified that a sitting president, Bill Clinton, would have a consensual relationship outside his marriage to the point they demanded he be removed from office. Now they say that does not matter and make up literally every excuse they can think of to support lying and cheating on a spouse. They want the Bible to be the basis for law in this country but will gladly ignore many Biblical laws because of this guy in the White House.

I don't know about Jefferson.
Eisenhower must have been the only army general not interested in maps.
George W. Bush brought nations together? If he was so peace loving, why did so many people from the think tank "Project for the new American century" join his administration?
"Of the twenty-five people who signed PNAC's founding statement of principles, ten went on to serve in the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush, including Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, and Paul Wolfowitz."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_f ... an_Century
I think you may enjoy that link.

Kennedy is the prototype politician after women. He wanted to improve the relation to Russia. That didn't go well for him. If you can explain the magic bullet I'm happy to change my opinion.

Clinton: He was the only President who didn't send special forces abroad. Instead he sent Deltas and Rangers to Somalia. The difference: These don't train local soldiers. Indeed Clinton was a bit too peaceful for my taste.

Speaking of Bible: It is known in psychology that some people are not born to be faithful. It's very likely for people with narcissistic personality or people from that cluster (cluster B). Obviously if one had to go five generations back every one of us could find such a case among our ancestors. So it's there to a higher or lesser degree with every one of us. Jesus saw that:
"11 But Jesus said, "Not everyone is mature enough to live a married life. It requires a certain aptitude and grace. Marriage isn't for everyone. 12 Some, from birth seemingly, never give marriage a thought. Others never get asked - or accepted. And some decide not to get married for kingdom reasons. But if you're capable of growing into the largeness of marriage, do it."
Mt 19, 11-12
https://www.biblestudytools.com/msg/mat ... w+19:11-21

There is not one translation for that passage. I have a German New Jerusalem Bible from the Catholic Bishop Conference which says "some are incapable by birth, some are made incapable of marriage by humans and some make themselves so - for the sake of the kingdom of heaven."
Now why do translations differ so much?

And why therefore do Christians think that marriage is of universal value for everybody?
You can of course ignore that question if you believe Jesus gave speeches for eunuchs.
Why can't the world be a little bit more autistic?