ParkFSI
Topic Author

The Space Force

Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:39 am

I did a search for the new Space Force on this forum but I didn’t find anything. I don’t know much about the topic but l think it’s very exciting.
I heard that there was a flight path programming error that caused the “vehicle “ to miss the Space Station. But there’re going to bring it back to earth Sunday to New Mexico. Where in New Mexico ? If you don’t succeed, try, try, again !

aumaverick

Re: The Space Force

Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:38 pm

Not a flight path error but an issue with the clock on board, which reverted to the incorrect Mission Clock causing a fault in the burn.

The Starliner returned to White Sands in New Mexico yesterday (Sunday 12/22).
I'm just here so I won't get fined. - Marshawn Lynch

TWA772LR

Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:02 pm

So is this thread about the Starliner or the Space Force?
When wasn't America great?

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

dragon6172

Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:21 pm

TWA772LR wrote:
So is this thread about the Starliner or the Space Force?

Yes
Phrogs Phorever

Reddevil556

Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:49 am

Space Force taking control of the space station to ensure global dominance.
Jumped out of: C130H, C130J, C17A, C212, CH47, and UH60. Bucket list: C160, A400, C2

DarkKnight5

Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:53 am

If you’re looking to improve your knowledge about space flight, start by reading up on United Launch Alliance, SpaceX, and their contracts for sending NASA astronauts to the Space Station. From there you can expand to other companies like RocketLab, or into government spacecraft like SLS and the Artemis program. Oceans of digital ink have been spilled on these topics.

I like nasaspaceflight.com and spaceflightnow.com.
Happy hunting.

ParkFSI
Topic Author

Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:33 am

Thanks for the info !
I’m 58 and when I was in grade school they would roll out the TV’s to watch all the launches and slash downs, great memories. Nowadays on most TV networks, nothing.
A couple of weeks ago I ran across the NASA channel for the first time in awhile and was blown away with what was going on, the mainstream media (local over the air in central Texas ) doesn’t say a thing about the great things that Space exploration is doing now.
It’s a little pricey, but I think necessary.

DarkKnight5

Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:02 am

ParkFSI wrote:
Thanks for the info !
I’m 58 and when I was in grade school they would roll out the TV’s to watch all the launches and slash downs, great memories. Nowadays on most TV networks, nothing.
A couple of weeks ago I ran across the NASA channel for the first time in awhile and was blown away with what was going on, the mainstream media (local over the air in central Texas ) doesn’t say a thing about the great things that Space exploration is doing now.

Youtube is your best friend. NASA and spacex and the rest have dedicated channels for live launch videos and all sorts of other stuff. While you’re on YouTube, check out Tim Dodd the Everyday Astronaut. Great videos that are super informative.

ParkFSI
Topic Author

Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:05 am

DarkKnight5 wrote:
ParkFSI wrote:
Thanks for the info !

Youtube is your best friend. NASA and spacex and the rest have dedicated channels for live launch videos and all sorts of other stuff. While you’re on YouTube, check out Tim Dodd the Everyday Astronaut. Great videos that are super informative.

Thanks buddy, I will check it out.