Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

767Forever
Topic Author

How to hire a private jet

Sun May 10, 2020 3:29 pm

Hi all,

A close friend is desperate to travel from London to Turkey. Due to flight cancellations and no repatriation flights, she is now looking at private jets.

How does one go about hiring a private jet (3-6 people) from London To Turkey?

More specifically:
-How do you search for the safety record of private jet charter companies?
-How do you know which company is reputable?
-I see a lot of charter brokers on the internet, but not actual companies that own planes. How do you find charter jet companies? or Is the way to do book a flight through a broker?

Hopefully this thread will serve as a guide to those people who want to hire private jets for the first time.

Thanks.

767Forever

GalaxyFlyer

Re: How to hire a private jet

Sun May 10, 2020 3:40 pm

Check ARG/US (or EU version, that’s the US one) or Wyvern for safety audits. You can even specify your crew’s training/experience level there. Avinode is a pretty online broker site, put in trip requirements, it’ll return bids. Jet Aviation in Switzerland is gold, usually. VistaJet or Net Jets Europe are also reliable charter companies. Not perfect, but do the job safely and reliably.

NozPerry

Sun May 10, 2020 4:08 pm

As GalaxyFlyer said checking out ARG is your best bet, It can show you aircraft stationed at airports near you.
My experiences are limited in this field, however Air X although registered in Malta you see a couple of Challengers in Luton, former colleagues who work there seem to enjoy it and are trained well. The only other that I have heard decent reviews of Is Vistajet.

TC957

Sun May 10, 2020 4:36 pm

Hi - I have PM'd you a message to help with this.

cuban8

Sun May 10, 2020 4:45 pm

I would recommend you to go to two specific companies. Either TAG aviation or Gama Aviation. Both of them are reputable companies, they are based in London and has plenty of different aircraft’s and prices. Good luck!!
When business goes to hell, you get rid of three things. Your private jet, your yacht and your mistress..........and most importantly in that order.
~ Russian Billionaire ~

Sun May 10, 2020 6:06 pm

As a person who once chartered a private passenger jet on short notice here in the USA (our company needed to move precision explosives for a heat exchanger repair job) you might wish to contact your local or regional airport and inquire if they have any companies that supply charter jets to major companies in the area (in our case, when I found the company and described what we needed: Their answer was show up with a check that we can verify with the bank by 4 pm and we will have the jet airborne within 45 minutes of that).. As an example, I live about 45 minutes from Sheboygan Wisconsin; and Kohler Company does a lot of business charter business to many places in the world. They require high standards - and I'd trust a company that does the Kohler charters.

In our case we were flying from the Milwaukee Airport; and there are several charter companies who provide service to multiple Fortune 500 companies in the area. I'd trust those as well (and we chose one of those - even though we were only moving a few boxes of explosive devices).

I wish you well with this,

mattyfitzg

Sun May 10, 2020 6:20 pm

cuban8 wrote:
I would recommend you to go to two specific companies. Either TAG aviation or Gama Aviation. Both of them are reputable companies, they are based in London and has plenty of different aircraft’s and prices. Good luck!!

Used TAG aviation a few times with work and would recommend them, highly professional.
Likewise, LuxAviation and SaxonAir are both used my company to ship employees around and both are equally reliable.

eurotrader85

Thu May 14, 2020 2:51 am

Yes I wouldn't worry about the fact the brokers don't own the jets. Ultimately is a commodity game for the airlines, same as you would book space on a cargo vessels etc with a freight broker. Depending on your leg of where you are flying from and too, and demand etc the broker will just price it up. Prices of legs can go up and down quite heavily depending (e.g. a London to Zurich leg would be 'reasonable' as there is a lot of two way flow and capacity-in normal times, but a more ad hoc route can suddenly be very expensive, if the plane has no need to be at one of those two positions). As people have said above you can specify needs etc. Ultimately best way is to phone around a few brokers, as people have suggested above, and just get quotes for what you need.

IPFreely

Thu May 14, 2020 4:45 pm

Isn't this ban on international flights still in effect in Turkey?

http://web.shgm.gov.tr/documents/sivilh ... VID-19.pdf