Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Ken777

Re: Trump says he is taking hydroxychloroquine

Wed May 20, 2020 4:25 am

Okie wrote:
winginit wrote:
Trump is now well aware that we're on the cusp of the death toll in the United States surpassing 100,000, thus putting us in the range of the initial death projections that terrified the country initially. That will be a very, very bad look, so he's distracting accordingly to muddy the media narrative even if it means making ridiculous claims like that he's currently taking Hydroxychloroquine.

I will politely ask for your source that Trump is not taking Hydroxychloroquine.

Okie

A lot of folks who are NOT Trumpers will hope that he IS taking that crap. We understand that it can really screw up heart rhythms and might be fatal.
Looking at Trump's obesity and heart issues we might see him having the same heart problems as those who believed him.

As the old joke goes: "If he dies he dies!"

afcjets

Wed May 20, 2020 4:28 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
When I first heard this, I immediately thought this either means he has it or was exposed to it and I thought that would be the headline, yet no one's mentioning that.

How is MAGA world spinning this? Since there's no reason for him to take it if he hasn't been exposed to Covid19, especially being a fat, unhealthy sack of garbage. My hunch is it is like when MAGAts scrambled to tell us all why injecting disinfectant and shining light up your butt was really smart...until Twitler undercut them all by saying he was being sarcastic 24 hours later.

That's exactly what I said why I think he's taking it. Btw Healight and Cedars Sinai are doing exactly that, although I think it can be inserted in other orifices and non-orifices alike. But here's how I'm spinning the other. The only difference between a disinfectant and an antibiotic, antiviral and antifungal is the first by definition is applied to non-living matter. They all kill pathogens so its just semantics and a poor choice of words. Deborah should have just said, we've already looked into that, it's called an anti-viral.

I don't own or wear a MAGA hat or attend rallies but I assume you're referring to me. I am finding myself more entertained by Stacey this week than Trump so she might get my support, at least for a little while.

casinterest

Wed May 20, 2020 4:59 am

afcjets wrote:
casinterest wrote:
afcjets wrote:
When I first heard this, I immediately thought this either means he has it or was exposed to it and I thought that would be the headline, yet no one's mentioning that.

I would expect him to be honest about it, but perhaps i expect too much?
My guess is that the staffers that were diagnosed, scared him into getting it prescribed as a precaution, but the logic still doesn't fit.

You expect him to be honest? Yet I could probably find over 100 posts of you calling him "the lying, racist coward"

:rotfl:

He will be honest about it if he has it, and it cures him, that you can be assured of.

He has to start some time right? Crickets? Silence ? :)

The Doctor should be worried that prescribed it.
Where ever you go, there you are.

Kiwirob

Wed May 20, 2020 5:10 am

winginit wrote:
distract. distract. distract.

Trump is now well aware that we're on the cusp of the death toll in the United States surpassing 100,000, thus putting us in the range of the initial death projections that terrified the country initially. That will be a very, very bad look, so he's distracting accordingly to muddy the media narrative even if it means making ridiculous claims like that he's currently taking Hydroxychloroquine.

100,000 deaths will likely happen this coming Sunday or perhaps Monday.

zkojq

Wed May 20, 2020 8:28 am

I fully support the president's right to self medicate himself. Maybe take a double dose to maximise his protection?

seb146 wrote:
I, personally, am taking great pleasure watching the MAGA melt down of Pelosi calling him "morbidly obese" after the years and years of his name calling and bullying and childish behavior

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pelosi-res ... dly-obese/

The irony of this is just so delicious it must be fattening!

Is there anyone in the universe afflicted with such thin skin as the Orange Buffoon?
First to fly the 787-9

hashtagconfused

Wed May 20, 2020 4:35 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Especially a morbidly obese man with heart issues taking a drug that could blow up his heart.

what is trump's BMI? "morbidly obese" is anything over 30, correct?

Pellegrine

Wed May 20, 2020 4:43 pm

Morbidly Obese is over 40 BMI.

Hydroxychloroquinone does nothing against COVID-19. Trump is saving face. He might even be lying about taking it. It certainly wouldn't be used by any doctor as prophylaxis who doesn't want a ding on their license.
We fly JETS, we don't fly donkeys.

MaverickM11

Wed May 20, 2020 5:07 pm

hashtagconfused wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Especially a morbidly obese man with heart issues taking a drug that could blow up his heart.

what is trump's BMI? "morbidly obese" is anything over 30, correct?

He definitely qualifies. And for someone so concerned with women's looks it's weird that he hired that morbidly obese crosseyed Huckabee creature too. I guess Kayleigh makes up for that mistake.
I don't take responsibility at all

tommy1808

Wed May 20, 2020 6:18 pm

Pellegrine wrote:
Morbidly Obese is over 40 BMI.

Hydroxychloroquinone does nothing against COVID-19. Trump is saving face. He might even be lying about taking it. It certainly wouldn't be used by any doctor as prophylaxis who doesn't want a ding on their license.

He almost certainly lies about it. He miss spoke that he "would take it" once during that announcement, and his doc didn't write a peep about Trump actually taking it.

Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

dragon-wings

Thu May 21, 2020 3:11 am

Now he is saying he is going to stop taking it in the next day or two.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... spartandhp
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano

volauvent

Thu May 21, 2020 5:30 am

We should know relatively quickly whether hydroxychloroquine works or not:

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-52737169

scbriml

Thu May 21, 2020 7:53 am

dragon-wings wrote:

And if he manages to avoid catching Covid-19, he'll claim taking hydroxychloroquine was why. :sarcastic:

Meanwhile, for me personally, regularly taking beer has proven to be as effective as hydroxychloroquine! :drunk:
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Jetty

Thu May 21, 2020 3:54 pm

Pellegrine wrote:
Hydroxychloroquinone does nothing against COVID-19.

:shakehead: How do you know that? Are you aware that it’s dangerous to make medical claims not based on facts?

Meanwhile Oxford University is holding trials to do have an answer. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... trial.html

You are no better than Trump.

seb146

Thu May 21, 2020 4:35 pm

Jetty wrote:
Pellegrine wrote:

:shakehead: How do you know that? Are you aware that it’s dangerous to make medical claims not based on facts?

Meanwhile Oxford University is holding trials to do have an answer. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... trial.html

According to the article, the only reason they are holding trials is because the occupant of the White House said he is taking it. There is still not evidence that hydroxychoroqinone blocks covid-19 in the body. There is not even any evidence that it helps lessen the effects of covid once a patient is hospitalized

https://www.jwatch.org/fw116555/2020/04 ... nia-timing

There is a non-peer reviewed study from Abu Dahbi that suggests hydroxychoroquinone actually lengthens the hospital stay for patients.

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20200 ... ients.aspx

I am wondering what these English doctors will get from the occupant of the White House for launching this worthless study?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

Jetty

Thu May 21, 2020 4:46 pm

seb146 wrote:
Jetty wrote:
Pellegrine wrote:

According to the article, the only reason they are holding trials is because the occupant of the White House said he is taking

Please quote the part of said article where this is stated. I can’t find it. :boggled:

alfa164

Thu May 21, 2020 4:51 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
Pellegrine wrote:
Morbidly Obese is over 40 BMI. Hydroxychloroquinone does nothing against COVID-19. Trump is saving face. He might even be lying about taking it. It certainly wouldn't be used by any doctor as prophylaxis who doesn't want a ding on their license.

He almost certainly lies about it. He miss spoke that he "would take it" once during that announcement, and his doc didn't write a peep about Trump actually taking it.

It is a typical Trump tactic: make some outlandish statement, and take attention away from real issues (i.e., the still-serious Covid-19 infection and death rates in the USA; Pompeo's malfeasance and corruption; etc., et al) with distraction. It is just a part of his playbook:

"As former Trump adviser Steve Bannon once told Michael Lewis, “The real opposition is the media. And the way to deal with them is to flood the zone with shit.” By filling the airwaves and the press with discussions of hydroxychloroquine, Trump has filled the commode to the point of overflowing. I’d like to think that calling attention to Trump’s decoy move might reduce its effectiveness. But I’d be wrong. In Trump’s book, any mention—neutral, praiseful or critical—is a win because it takes our eye off of what really matters."

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/05/19/donald-trump-hydroxychloroquine-268243

scbriml wrote:
Meanwhile, for me personally, regularly taking beer has proven to be as effective as hydroxychloroquine! :drunk:

I have found the gin-and-tonic prescription to be a life-saver... especially during the past three years and four months...

;)
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

seb146

Thu May 21, 2020 4:55 pm

Jetty wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Jetty wrote:

According to the article, the only reason they are holding trials is because the occupant of the White House said he is taking

Please quote the part of said article where this is stated. I can’t find it. :boggled:

The headline

alfa164

Thu May 21, 2020 5:01 pm

Jetty wrote:
Pellegrine wrote:

:shakehead: How do you know that? Are you aware that it’s dangerous to make medical claims not based on facts? Meanwhile Oxford University is holding trials to do have an answer. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... trial.html

Maybe he knows that because he read the article that you cited:

"Tests in the US have not shown any sign that the drug can help Covid patients"

- not to mention:

"Dr Stephen Griffin, associate professor in the school of medicine at the University of Leeds, also said those that follow Mr Trump's example might not only endanger themselves, 'but could also deprive patients with chronic autoimmune conditions of their much-needed medication'."

That might suggest that you are no better more honest than Trump.

Jetty

Thu May 21, 2020 5:49 pm

seb146 wrote:
Jetty wrote:
seb146 wrote:

The headline

It doesn’t say that. The headline just mentions that tests happen after Trumps comments, that is something different than because of Trump. Let alone Trump being the only reason. Do you even realize tests on humans are well prepared and there is no way that this test would have been ready to start in the timeframe after Trump made those comments?

If this wasn’t already clear from the headline you should have understood if you read the article itself.
Last edited by Jetty on Thu May 21, 2020 6:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Jetty

Thu May 21, 2020 5:58 pm

alfa164 wrote:
Jetty wrote:
Pellegrine wrote:

:shakehead: How do you know that? Are you aware that it’s dangerous to make medical claims not based on facts? Meanwhile Oxford University is holding trials to do have an answer. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... trial.html

Maybe he knows that because he read the article that you cited:

"Tests in the US have not shown any sign that the drug can help Covid patients"

Even if that’s true he shouldn’t have claimed it doesn’t do anything against Covid: if it can’t help people who are already Covid patients that doesn’t mean it isn’t valuable to prevent Covid. Your quote doesn’t implicate what you seem to think it does. From the article:

He added: 'If drugs as well tolerated as chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine could reduce the chances of catching Covid-19 this would be incredibly valuable.'

Besides that, are you suggesting that accomplished mainstream medicinal scientists are having a medicine tested on humans while they already know the outcome? :?

seb146

Thu May 21, 2020 8:49 pm

On a call in show today, someone pointed out that HCQ is supposed to be taken weekly. It was also mentioned that the White House pharmacy may have given him a placebo and told him it is HCQ. No matter what, he is not a doctor, he is not a professional chemist, he is not a scientist. Stop listening to him. Stop believing every word that comes outta his mouth.

wingman

Thu May 21, 2020 9:00 pm

Trump was crystal clear today when he said he's "testing very positively toward negative". There's no doubt he's taking the hydroxy on a daily basis. Words matter!

tommy1808

Fri May 22, 2020 4:37 am

wingman wrote:
Trump was crystal clear today when he said he's "testing very positively toward negative". There's no doubt he's taking the hydroxy on a daily basis. Words matter!

... paranoia is a side effect ;)

Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

marcelh

Fri May 22, 2020 6:41 am

scbriml wrote:
dragon-wings wrote:

And if he manages to avoid catching Covid-19, he'll claim taking hydroxychloroquine was why. :sarcastic:

Real beer or that yellowish water you call “beer” in the UK? :duck:

Sokes

Fri May 22, 2020 1:08 pm

Here some of his best corona statements so far. It's in English.
https://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/tru ... 64540.html

Why are so many people hostile to him? He isn't evil and laughing is healthy.
Why can't the world be a little bit more autistic?

scbriml

Fri May 22, 2020 1:54 pm

marcelh wrote:
scbriml wrote:
dragon-wings wrote:

Real beer or that yellowish water you call “beer” in the UK? :duck:

Real beer, brewed in our local pub (which also serves epic wood-fired pizza!)

https://brewingbrothers.org/
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

alfa164

Fri May 22, 2020 7:08 pm

seb146 wrote:
According to the article, the only reason they are holding trials is because the occupant of the White House said he is taking it. There is still not evidence that hydroxychoroqinone blocks covid-19 in the body. There is not even any evidence that it helps lessen the effects of covid once a patient is hospitalized
https://www.jwatch.org/fw116555/2020/04 ... nia-timing
There is a non-peer reviewed study from Abu Dahbi that suggests hydroxychoroquinone actually lengthens the hospital stay for patients.
https://www.news-medical.net/news/20200 ... ients.aspx
I am wondering what these English doctors will get from the occupant of the White House for launching this worthless study?

... and yet another study says hydroxychloroquine does more harm than good:

“It’s one thing not to have benefit, but this shows distinct harm,” said Eric Topol, a cardiologist and director of the Scripps Research Translational Institute. “If there was ever hope for this drug, this is the death of it.”

David Maron, director of preventive cardiology at the Stanford University School of Medicine, said that “these findings provide absolutely no reason for optimism that these drugs might be useful in the prevention or treatment of covid-19.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health-news/antimalarial-drug-touted-by-president-trump-is-linked-to-increased-risk-of-death-in-coronavirus-patients-study-says/ar-BB14sKRo?li=BBnb7Kz

Sokes wrote:
Here some of his best corona statements so far. It's in English.
https://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/tru ... 64540.html
Why are so many people hostile to him? He isn't evil and laughing is healthy.

Maybe because he is evil - and people actually believe some of the outlandish things he says. He has no concept of honesty, responsibility, or empathy.

LH658

Mon May 25, 2020 4:01 am

He and his friends probably invested in this drug, and hoping other people actually go out buy it etc and make him and his buddies rich.

alfa164

Mon May 25, 2020 4:57 am

LH658 wrote:
He and his friends probably invested in this drug, and hoping other people actually go out buy it etc and make him and his buddies rich.

No doubt you are right:

"Here’s the New York Times from April: “Some associates of Mr. Trump’s have financial interests in the issue. Sanofi’s largest shareholders include Fisher Asset Management, the investment company run by Ken Fisher, a major donor to Republicans, including Mr. Trump. A spokesman for Mr. Fisher declined to comment.”

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-is-president-trump-taking-hydroxychloroquine/

Pellegrine

Thu May 28, 2020 5:33 am

Jetty wrote:
Pellegrine wrote:

I'm a lot better than Trump. My biology and chemistry knowledge is up to 200 level. His is 002. I'm a betting man though, and I bet that hydroxychloroquine has a 0 to negative effect on the outcome of the average COVID-19 patient.

And in the mean time, WHO dropped their study on hydroxychloroquine re. COVID-19 because the heart effects were so voluminous that it was unethical to continue. You can't make this kind of idiocy up, and I subscribe to a couple Lancet journals. https://www.theguardian.com/science/202 ... tudy-finds

dtw2hyd

Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:11 pm

Pellegrine wrote:
And in the mean time, WHO dropped their study on hydroxychloroquine re. COVID-19 because the heart effects were so voluminous that it was unethical to continue. You can't make this kind of idiocy up, and I subscribe to a couple Lancet journals. https://www.theguardian.com/science/202 ... tudy-finds

Well, they resumed.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/03/world-h ... cerns.html

If it is so dangerous to human why FDA not banning it for Malaria and Lupus as well.

And why does John Hopkins still has this statement.
Long-term anti-malarial use is normally safe. However, if you stop taking your anti-malarial drugs, you may experience a lupus flare.

https://www.hopkinslupus.org/lupus-trea ... ial-drugs/

HCQ may be a known devil, but others with a whopping sample size of 8 and great success stories in the media are no angles.

Trump is doing for politics and others are doing to jack up stock prices.
All posts are just opinions.

MaverickM11

Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:33 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
Pellegrine wrote:

Well, they resumed.

If it is so dangerous to human why FDA not banning it for Malaria and Lupus as well.

Long-term anti-malarial use is normally safe. However, if you stop taking your anti-malarial drugs, you may experience a lupus flare.

HCQ may be a known devil, but others with a whopping sample size of 8 and great success stories in the media are no angles.

Is there even a stock price to jack up? I thought it was largely generic at this point. I think Trump just saw it in his coloring book one time and can never ever admit being wrong about anything, and the right wing circus echos and amplifies his every word, so here we are.
I don't take responsibility at all

atcsundevil

Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:31 pm

Please keep the thread on topic and avoid personal attacks. They just aren't necessary.

✈️ atcsundevil

dtw2hyd

Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:48 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Is there even a stock price to jack up? I thought it was largely generic at this point. I think Trump just saw it in his coloring book one time and can never ever admit being wrong about anything, and the right wing circus echos and amplifies his every word, so here we are.

HCQ is mostly generic. But other miracle drugs makers saw huge swings in stock prices and I believe at least one of them is under investigation.
All posts are just opinions.

Ken777

Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:53 pm

The recent medical problems that Trump has had - meddling two hands to doing water from a glass and the slow movement down the ramp at the West Point Graduation Ceremonies might be from the impact on Donald's heart rhythms - a problematic side effect of hydroxychloroquine . Or maybe he's just in pre-stroke status. He certainly doing anything to lower his risk of stroke.

Pellegrine

Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:23 pm

June 15th FDA ended EUA (Emergency Use Authorization) for hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine for treatment of COVID-19.

WHO just ended their study and released a statement, "Hydroxychloroquine does not result in the reduction of mortality of hospitalized COVID-19 patients."

There you go students of Trump Medical College.

In other news, the two most promising therapeutics are remdesivir (to be given ASAP) and dexamethasone (to be given for patients on ventilators or other oxy support).

Pellegrine

Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:28 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
Pellegrine wrote:

Well, they resumed.

It's the risk/benefit calculation. That has been proven for malaria and lupus, not for SARS-Cov-2 infection. In West Africa during the EBOV outbreak, doctors pumped critical patients full of xanax and morphine...that wasn't to help them live, it was to calm them and hasten their death. Same thing happened after Hurricane Katrina.