Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

GEUltraFan9XGTF
Topic Author

Reopening US-EU Travel?

Wed May 20, 2020 3:21 pm

Would it be a good idea to have a place to discuss the reopening of US-EU air travel? In this thread, we can discuss news items related to reopening dates, applicable countries, and applicable procedures, such as mandatory quarantines, etc.
© 2020. All statements are my own. The use of my statements, including by journalists, YouTube vloggers like "DJ's Aviation", etc. without my written consent is strictly prohibited.

LAXintl

Re: Reopening US-EU Travel?

Wed May 20, 2020 3:47 pm

US-EU travel never closed.
Airlines and passengers continued to cross the Atlantic daily.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

GEUltraFan9XGTF
Topic Author

Wed May 20, 2020 3:48 pm

LAXintl wrote:
US-EU travel never closed.
Airlines and passengers continued to cross the Atlantic daily.

For essential travel only to my knowledge...
© 2020. All statements are my own. The use of my statements, including by journalists, YouTube vloggers like "DJ's Aviation", etc. without my written consent is strictly prohibited.

mercure1

Wed May 20, 2020 5:55 pm

One man's essential travel is someone else's leisure trip.

Sure we have seen big reduction in capacity, but flights have continued between the continents this whole time frame.
mercure f-wtcc

Ken777

Wed May 20, 2020 11:21 pm

I'm thinking of hoe long before I'm comfortable crossing the Pond. I'm looking forward to heading to the UK, France and Italy with my better half. Maybe even taking a cruise while we're there. Best bet now is next summer - maybe mid-May

Jacob02

Thu May 21, 2020 12:28 am

Restrictions are in place for non-US citizens/residents who have been in the Schengen area in past 14 days. I think those are less likely to help unlike on-board precautionary measures which can make a great difference (e.g. what KLM just announced: https://www.facebook.com/273795515772/v ... 074698653/ )

A good summary of some of the key considerations from a policy perspective: https://healthpolicy.usc.edu/evidence-b ... -pandemic/

TWA772LR

Thu May 21, 2020 4:36 am

I hope it’s good by September. I’m hoping to visit a new lady friend I met earlier this year in Krakow!
When wasn't America great?

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

IAHWorldflyer

Thu May 21, 2020 4:53 pm

While it's true that US-EU travel has not stopped, for at least the last month, the EU has banned any non-essential US passport holders from entering the EU. It is very limited who can come in, mostly medical professionals. LIkewise, the US still has bans in place for any Schengen citizens to enter the US except under a few provisions, and all flights into the US from the EU must land at a limited number of airports ( I think 9 or 10?).
The EU is opening up travel between Schengen countries for EU citizens, but those outside the zone are still banned at least until June 15th. Even after that date it looks like US travelers will be among the last to be allowed back as our infection numbers continue to rise.