Moderators: richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

JakTrax
Topic Author

Photoshop Elements / Windows 10 problems

Thu May 21, 2020 8:47 am

All,

A friend of mine had been using Elements 5 but has recently upgraded to Windows 10 and it's not 100% compatible. He's looked at buying Elements 2020 but he has a 32-bit version of Windows 10 and the system requirements state the need for a 64-bit system.

What can he do? I suggested getting an older version of Elements, say 14 or 15, but you can't seem to get them any more. Surely there has to be some version available for him to use?

Thanks,
Karl

jetmatt777

Re: Photoshop Elements / Windows 10 problems

Sun May 24, 2020 9:34 pm

Not directly answering your question but I have Elements 2019 and Premier (for video) 2020 and both are extremely buggy and clunky. I used to have Element 4.0 years ago and really miss how lightweight and user friendly it was. I even had major difficulty registering my product, I purchased Elements in-store at BestBuy and it took a good 2 hours on the phone with Adobe to get the code activated, and that doesn't include the 2 or 3 times their phone system dropped my call. Later I purchased Premiere in store and had even worse luck, the code in the package was deemed "unsupported". BestBuy swapped me out with a new box with a new activation code and it was the same problem. BestBuy eventually completely refunded me and I went and purchased it directly from Adobe's website and downloaded it, and again had to spend several hours to get it activated. You can imagine my disappointment when I began to use the programs to find them unstable and buggy. I'm considering ditching Adobe altogether and finding better and more stable software, as I feel they have really gone downhill.

I use Windows 10 64-bit and Elements crashes on me about 30% of the time while using it, and Premier locks up (despite having a high-end gaming computer with 64GB of RAM for video editing) and lags so much it is nearly unusable and tasks take 10 times longer than they should.

Maybe your friend can try some other software?