Moderators: richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

sashobest
Topic Author

Frecce Tricolori to perform a series of flyovers in Italy

Sat May 23, 2020 6:09 pm

The Italian Air Force aerobatic team Frecce Tricolori prepares to perform a 5-day flyover trip at 21 cities around the Italy. The trip will end on June 2 with a fly over Rome during Italy Republic Day.
After the great success of US and Canada display teams’ flyovers around their countries, the Italian display team also will perform flyovers to honor the healthcare workers and to raise the spirit of Italian people after the COVID-19 pandemic.

Source: https://aerobaticteams.net/en/news/i315 ... Italy.html

SuperiorPilotMe

Re: Frecce Tricolori to perform a series of flyovers in Italy

Sat May 23, 2020 6:36 pm

If your country is having a military flyover, it's probably a sign your country's leadership has doomed you. So here's a military flyover as a consolation prize for either being too stuck inside to see it or too busy dying to see it.

Every government needs a complete changeover when this is done, but it won't happen, so this will repeat until we're forced to witness our complete extinction. As a certain foreign cartoon character is famous for saying, BELIEVE IT!

Stop the stupids!- Claus Kellerman

IADFCO

Sun May 24, 2020 12:22 am

SuperiorPilotMe wrote:
If your country is having a military flyover, it's probably a sign your country's leadership has doomed you. So here's a military flyover as a consolation prize for either being too stuck inside to see it or too busy dying to see it.

Every government needs a complete changeover when this is done, but it won't happen, so this will repeat until we're forced to witness our complete extinction. As a certain foreign cartoon character is famous for saying, BELIEVE IT!

Got up on the wrong side of the bed, huh?

I think it's a great idea. Here in the Washington DC area the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds flyover backfired a bit because a lot of people congregated to watch them, but still it was very nice. They took off from Andrews, flew North to Baltimore and then back South toward DC. The flight path was well advertised. Too bad we couldn't follow them on FR24, I don't know whether they had their ADS-B turned off or don't have it in the first place.

The Frecce Tricolori are fantastic. My favorite maneuver used to be the "pierced heart", but now it's the "horizontal bomb" (I don't know what the official name is): they fly toward the public and they open up, first the front 4 and a fraction of a second later the next 5. But even a straight flyover, like they are probably going to do, is uplifting, and not just for avgeeks like me. Bravi!

SuperiorPilotMe

Sun May 24, 2020 8:01 pm

IADFCO wrote:

Got up on the wrong side of the bed, huh?

Not my point. My point being is that it's a pittance of a consolation prize for tens of thousands of dying due to the genocidal selfishness of a minority of the voting population and the equally genocidal selfishness of the "president" they installed as figurehead.
Stop the stupids!- Claus Kellerman