Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

keesje
Topic Author

D Trump Jr looks like a type that can trigger wars

Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:45 am

Maybe it's just me, but I find this guy scary.. The aggressiveness, groupthink, no respect for the law, kind of speeches. If he was my neighbour, I would move, without discussing with him first.

.https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com ... ction/amp/
"Never mistake motion for action." Ernest Hemingway

WIederling

Re: D Trump Jr looks like a type that can trigger wars

Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:03 am

He is not alone.
... and it has been building for quite some time now.
Go back to at least Bush41 and Reagan and the troupe of young up and coming busybodies in their entourage.
Still around ... working their lies.
Murphy is an optimist

Scorpio

Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:14 am

Don't forget that 'triggering a war' is exactly what him and his Dad are trying to do right now: triggering a civil war. Their motto is simple: if they're going down, they're taking the whole country down with them.

Aaron747

Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:40 pm

It's the coke. Don Jr has looked batshit nuts for several months now, even moreso than in the previous few years. He is always a red-faced, sniffling, hyperventilating, fast-talking wreck these days.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

bgm

Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:53 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
It's the coke. Don Jr has looked batshit nuts for several months now, even moreso than in the previous few years. He is always a red-faced, sniffling, hyperventilating, fast-talking wreck these days.

You just need to look at his eyes to see he’s as high as a kite.

CitizenJustin

Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:53 pm

Aaron747 wrote:

Good observation. I always wondered what the hell was going on with that guy.

frmrCapCadet

Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:01 pm

Oddly enough Trump has over four years reduced our war making in the Middle East, it has not been done well, coordinated with our allies, the navy is still overbooked to the point of losing function, but much of it is done. Biden may be able to bring Iran back into the 'friends sort of' list, then even the later can be taken care of.
Buffet: the airline business...has eaten up capital...like..no other (business)

Aaron747

Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:48 pm

CitizenJustin wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Good observation. I always wondered what the hell was going on with that guy.

Check out his dad too - whether it’s the Adderall or some other stimulant, when he’s especially wound up he always has noticably dilated pupils.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

keesje
Topic Author

Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:36 pm

For me it's the evidence free hefty acquisations he makes and then people cheering him. WTF?

Combine that with Kimberly Guilfoyle and you have a pretty explosive fact free conspiracy couple.

But why give them air time & cheer them?
"Never mistake motion for action." Ernest Hemingway

vrbarreto

Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:03 pm

keesje wrote:
For me it's the evidence free hefty acquisations he makes and then people cheering him. WTF?

Combine that with Kimberly Guilfoyle and you have a pretty explosive fact free conspiracy couple.

Makes good airtime I suppose.. Seeing how much more unhinged they can get.. I suppose next he will go on TV and try and summon demons to help him

N14AZ

Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:58 pm

keesje wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but I find this guy scary.. The aggressiveness, groupthink, no respect for the law, kind of speeches. If he was my neighbour, I would move, without discussing with him first.

For someone from Europe and/or for people who lost relatives in WW2, this is extremely disturbing, watch at 1:40:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DRmHOSnehTk

johns624

Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:18 pm

The good thing is that with Daddy loosing the election, Junior won't have a springboard in 2024. He's gone and so is much of the family business. Most of his supporters don't travel to resorts and people who voted against him (the majority) aren't going to frequent his resorts. He's always made money on his name, and right now, it isn't worth much.
As an aside, back in 2016, Eric came to a rally at the gunshop I work at. I didn't even bother to walk outside to see him, which I'm sure the management and other employees appreciated, because I have a way of saying what's on my mind. Which, now that I think of it, was something that I said to many. I always retorted when someone would say they voted for him because "he said whatever he wants". I'd say "well, I'm like that and you all think I'm an a-hole". They generally had no response.

bennett123

Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:40 pm

N14AZ

Just watched it.

Pretty chilling stuff.

marcelh

Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:48 pm

N14AZ wrote:
keesje wrote:

For someone from Europe and/or for people who lost relatives in WW2, this is extremely disturbing, watch at 1:40:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DRmHOSnehTk

And daddy got more than 70 million votes.... There is definately something wrong in the USA

afcjets

Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:26 pm

One of the few things I agree with Trump haters on is Trump's extreme narcissism (where we (pretend) to disagree though is that in most cases when America wins, Trump wins).

Something I thought back in March Don Jr. confirmed on a Fox interview a few weeks ago. I think most people agree Trump would almost certainly be re-elected if covid had never happened and that it originated in China and that at best China was negligent and covered it up. (I personally think it's more sinister than that). China will have to pay a price for that (even if Trump wins after the election results become official). It would be against our interest to retaliate while we're still heavily dependent on China. Trump has been trying to ween us off China somewhat even before covid and afterwards it became clear IMO our national security depends on it now and that effort has increased. A Trump loss shortens Trump's window to carry out his personal vendetta against who caused his presidency to spiral downward from four years to ten weeks. Whether or not you agree with China's effect on his presidency he likely feels that way as he doesn't admit personal responsibility for failures even during the best of circumstances. The icing for Trump striking China is he might can justify staying in office for national security reasons if things become extremely chaotic and unstable on the international front.

Don Jr. said China will ultimately have to pay but that's for another time.

stratosphere

Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:53 pm

afcjets wrote:
One of the few things I agree with Trump haters on is Trump's extreme narcissism (where we (pretend) to disagree though is that in most cases when America wins, Trump wins).

Something I thought back in March Don Jr. confirmed on a Fox interview a few weeks ago. I think most people agree Trump would almost certainly be re-elected if covid had never happened and that it originated in China and that at best China was negligent and covered it up. (I personally think it's more sinister than that). China will have to pay a price for that (even if Trump wins after the election results become official). It would be against our interest to retaliate while we're still heavily dependent on China. Trump has been trying to ween us off China somewhat even before covid and afterwards it became clear IMO our national security depends on it now and that effort has increased. A Trump loss shortens Trump's window to carry out his personal vendetta against who caused his presidency to spiral downward from four years to ten weeks. Whether or not you agree with China's effect on his presidency he likely feels that way as he doesn't admit personal responsibility for failures even during the best of circumstances. The icing for Trump striking China is he might can justify staying in office for national security reasons if things become extremely chaotic and unstable on the international front.

I can't stand Don Jr. Trophy hunters are at the bottom of my list. .But I do agree with anything that puts a thorn in Chinas side. Liberals seem to want to give China a pass and blame Trump for all the wrongs in the world. China is the biggest threat to the world bar none and we have let them get to this point because our politicians including Biden got rich off them. I think it might be too late to stop this evil tho.

DLFREEBIRD

Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:11 am

keesje wrote:

He's paranoid, has a coke problem bloodshot eyes which look like he dabs them with Vaseline, I highly doubt he will do anything, since it would have to involve getting sober.

afcjets

Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:12 am

stratosphere wrote:
afcjets wrote:

I can't stand Don Jr. Trophy hunters are at the bottom of my list. .But I do agree with anything that puts a thorn in Chinas side. Liberals seem to want to give China a pass and blame Trump for all the wrongs in the world. China is the biggest threat to the world bar none and we have let them get to this point because our politicians including Biden got rich off them. I think it might be too late to stop this evil tho.

If liberals were truly afraid of Trump's narcissism, I don't think they would have tried so hard to defeat him. IMO they only pretended they were for political expediency. Hopefully I'm wrong but I wouldn't put it past him to personally hold China accountable for both covid and his loss in an extreme way, while he still can. Even though a more measured and future approach would be better for America, and which I would support and which Don Jr. hinted at, seemed to be the plan if Trump won.

Aaron747

Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:15 am

stratosphere wrote:
afcjets wrote:

Sorry but I don’t buy the thrust of this. Trump’s message has been China is responsible for job losses in America and we need to go after them on IP theft and trade imbalance. No criticisms of Walmart, Wall Street, or for 20+ years of 401Ks profiting off China relations. Zero nuance to this complex issue. He has rarely spoken about their effect globally. He has hardly mentioned Belt & Road’s massive expansion since 2015. Aside from higher USN presence in Asian waters, his administration has done absolutely nothing to slow China’s contractual investment takeover of resource and government interests in South Asia, Africa, and Latin America. The damage is already done - all the countries now on their books will be expected to return favors in coming years.

Aaron747

Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:47 am

afcjets wrote:
wingman wrote:
stratosphere wrote:

No he didn’t. We saw his tax returns and even Bow Tie Goebbels gave up on the story about China. Now your man Trump, we never saw his tax returns but you believed every word he said. You are one sorry goddamned excuse for an American. Add in the pathetic draft dodging and it’s official, you wouldn’t know a true patriot if he or she ever stood right in front of your face.

Unreported income and/or income paid to his son wouldn't appear on his tax returns and I am guessing he was never randomly selected for an IRS audit (but I could be wrong).

We've also seen his houses and he seems to be living a life outside the means of his government salary.

This trope keeps going around yet has been countered with facts time and again. It’s not that hard to buy a gorgeous home with the book deal he and his wife got.

https://www.businessinsider.com/persona ... 017-2019-7

Kent350787

Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:34 am

Aaron747 wrote:
[quote=afcjets]
We've also seen his houses and he seems to be living a life outside the means of his government salary.

This trope keeps going around yet has been countered with facts time and again. It’s not that hard to buy a gorgeous home with the book deal he and his wife got.

https://www.businessinsider.com/persona ... 017-2019-7[/quote]

The most expensive houses currently listed in Greenville DE are in the $2m to $2.35m range - huge 6br/6-8bath houses on large land.

My wife and I have earned government salaries our whole careers (admittedly in Australia). We could comfortably afford to buy any of those huge properties
S340/J31/146-300/F27/F50/Nord 262/Q100/200/E195/733/734/738/744/762/763/77W/788/789/320/321/332/333/345/359

afcjets

Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:04 am

Aaron747 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
wingman wrote:

No he didn’t. We saw his tax returns and even Bow Tie Goebbels gave up on the story about China. Now your man Trump, we never saw his tax returns but you believed every word he said. You are one sorry goddamned excuse for an American. Add in the pathetic draft dodging and it’s official, you wouldn’t know a true patriot if he or she ever stood right in front of your face.

Unreported income and/or income paid to his son wouldn't appear on his tax returns and I am guessing he was never randomly selected for an IRS audit (but I could be wrong).

Makes sense, I have no idea when he purchased his homes. Whatever post VP income he earned though is unrelated (hopefully) to influence peddling allegations against him made by his former business partner.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hunter ... han-turley

In other words, it's possible to have more than one source of income.

Aaron747

Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:08 am

afcjets wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
afcjets wrote:

Makes sense, I have no idea when he purchased his homes. Whatever post VP income he earned though is unrelated (hopefully) to influence peddling allegations against him made by his former business partner.

Then you should also allow for the possibility his former business partner is an election season grifter looking for bucks. Tucker’s show maintains high ratings primarily through muckraking.

afcjets

Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:35 am

Aaron747 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Then you should also allow for the possibility his former business partner is an election season grifter looking for bucks. .

Of course I do, but I would want it investigated. The media of course outside of Fox wouldn't, other than the usual knee-jerk reaction, nothing to see here, or it was discredited because Twitter flagged it, etc. This guy is a retired Navy lieutenant (virtue signal), so if he said this about Trump, anyone who didn't believe him would be unpatriotic and might as well slap our service men in the face.

9Patch

Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:49 am

keesje wrote:

Like father, like son.

9Patch

Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:49 am

Scorpio wrote:
Don't forget that 'triggering a war' is exactly what him and his Dad are trying to do right now: triggering a civil war. Their motto is simple: if they're going down, they're taking the whole country down with them.

Or the whole world...

9Patch

Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:53 am

marcelh wrote:
And daddy got more than 70 million votes.... There is definately something wrong in the USA

Half the country has been brainwashed by Rupert Murdoch's Faux News.

9Patch

Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:05 am

afcjets wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
afcjets wrote:

Biden served in the senate for 36 years. Most senators and house members have to have two homes, one in the state they represent and one in DC.
Since he lived so close to DC, he could take the train back and forth to Wilmington Delaware without the need for a second home in Washington.
While VP for eight years, he lived in the vice president's residence at the Naval Observatory. He saved a lot of expenses in both circumstances.

bennett123

Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:25 am

One point that gets lost in all this.

If people had stopped buying stuff made in PRC, and bought made in the USA what impact would that have had on prices assuming US workers not paid Chinese wages and Chinese living conditions.

scbriml

Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:11 am

bennett123 wrote:

If people had stopped buying stuff made in PRC, and bought made in the USA what impact would that have had on prices assuming US workers not paid Chinese wages and Chinese living conditions.

That’s a bit of a chicken and egg situation - it’s hard to buy “made in the USA” when lots of stuff is currently not “made in the USA”. It would require large corporates like Apple to bring that manufacturing back and it will result in more expensive stuff. I suspect too few people are principled enough or can afford it, for that to happen. I can’t see Apples shareholders being very happy about it either and Apple is run for their benefit.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Redd

Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:35 am

Scorpio wrote:

Kind of funny, considering that he's the first president in decades who hasn't triggered or escalated a war... :rotfl:

You people are Nazi's.... "Look at the way he looks, he must be evil" WHen do the witch burnings start fellas?

N14AZ

Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:45 am

Redd wrote:
Scorpio wrote:

Kind of funny, considering that he's the first president in decades who hasn't triggered or escalated a war... :rotfl:

You people are Nazi's.... "Look at the way he looks, he must be evil" WHen do the witch burnings start fellas?

No, we just listen to what they say in public speeches or what they write on Twitter. And nobody wants to burn anyone.

And it’s really funny. You call us Nazis when it was Trump jr. who used on of the most prominent Nazi terms... :scratchchin:
Last edited by N14AZ on Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Redd

Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:49 am

N14AZ wrote:
Redd wrote:
Scorpio wrote:

No, we just listen to what they say in public speeches or what they write on Twitter. And nobody wants to burn anyone. :scratchchin:

And it’s really funny. You call us Nazis when it was Trump jr. who used on of the most prominent Nazi terms...

You are what you are man.... Not my doing....

Olddog

Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:01 am

Trump Jr is a nobody that will disappear as soon as his dad his gone.

bennett123

Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:23 am

IMO, if the corporates believed that making more in the US was good business they would do so.

vrbarreto

Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:58 pm

Olddog wrote:

Maybe. Or see him and Tucker Carlson try and out nutter each other for the Republican 2024 ticket...

9Patch

Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:40 pm

bennett123 wrote:

Are you willing to give up your smartphone, computer, and TV, etc.?
Even electronics assembled in other countries (my Samsung phone was assembled in Vietnam) have Chinese components in them.
If people had stopped buying stuff made in PRC Walmart would be empty of merchandise except for groceries. Other big box stores would be too.

9Patch

Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:42 pm

Redd wrote:
Scorpio wrote:

You do realize the difference between a civil war and a foreign war, don't you?
Apparently not. :rotfl:

tommy1808

Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:57 pm

9Patch wrote:
If people had stopped buying stuff made in PRC Walmart would be empty of merchandise except for groceries. Other big box stores would be too.

If people stop buying stuff made in the PRC, it is going to be made somewhere else. Stuff in stores is made in the PRC because people buy it, not the other way round.

Stores would still have most clothes, because "if you stop buying made in PRC you have to run around naked" is no more.

Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

ltbewr

Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:02 pm

Olddog wrote:

As part of the management and ownership of the Trump companies, along with Eric, Ivanka and Daddy, I think after 1/20/21 the next things we will hear about him and the rest is facing criminal indictments at least in NYS and civil tax lawsuits, fighting off debt holders, seeing the properties of Trump gone to pay for those debts. I can't wait for the 'perp walk' for any and all of them.

9Patch

Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:00 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
9Patch wrote:

If people stop buying stuff made in the PRC, it is going to be made somewhere else. Stuff in stores is made in the PRC because people buy it, not the other way round.

Stores would still have most clothes, because "if you stop buying made in PRC you have to run around naked" is no more.

Best regards
Thomas

Of course China will quit buying our stuff too.
Not good for Boeing, Airbus and many other companies.

tommy1808

Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:19 am

9Patch wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
9Patch wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

And since we run a trade deficit with them, that is still a net win.

Best regards
Thomas

9Patch

Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:28 am

tommy1808 wrote:
9Patch wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

Best regards
Thomas

It's a lose-lose. The efficiency of the global supply chain is what gives us high quality products at affordable prices.
Oh, and don't forget China owns about $1.1 trillion in U.S. debt, so they have that card to play.

Confuscius

Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:34 am

keesje wrote:

BTW, who got the lap dance? My guess would be Sheldon Adelson!

"Senior campaign and GOP officials vented that Trump’s finance team, led by former Fox TV host and Donald Trump Jr. girlfriend Kimberly Guilfoyle, underperformed and was an HR nightmare...some donors were horrified by what they described as Guilfoyle’s lack of professionalism: She frequently joked about her sex life and, at one fundraiser, offered a lap dance to the donor who gave the most money."

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/07/this-f-ing-virus-inside-donald-trumps-2020-undoing-434716

...and at one time she was married to Gavin Newson. :eek:
Ain't I a stinker?

tommy1808

Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:49 am

9Patch wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
9Patch wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

It's a lose-lose. The efficiency of the global supply chain is what gives us high quality products at affordable prices.

lots of other places are cheaper than producing in China.

Oh, and don't forget China owns about $1.1 trillion in U.S. debt, so they have that card to play.

How? "We don´t want our money back"? Uh, yeah... that would be bad. Play havoc with the markets by selling them all at the same time? I bet the Treasury would just love buying those back for 50ct on the dollar....

best regards
Thomas

9Patch

Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:00 am

tommy1808 wrote:
9Patch wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

How? "We don´t want our money back"? Uh, yeah... that would be bad. Play havoc with the markets by selling them all at the same time? I bet the Treasury would just love buying those back for 50ct on the dollar....

best regards
Thomas

Who says they have to sell them to us?

tommy1808

Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:35 am

9Patch wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
9Patch wrote:

best regards
Thomas

Who says they have to sell them to us?

and anyone would care who owns them why?

best regards
Thomas

bennett123

Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:46 am

9 Patch

I am not saying that the impact would be small. Quite the opposite. IMO, if all that product was produced in the US, with US wage level, H&S and Environmental standards then Walmart customers would be hit in the pocket.

Thomas

If the PRC sold its Bonds at 50 Cents on the $, then that would surely impact the value of the Bonds held by everyone else.

If they sold cheap and bought back when the prices fell, could they even come out ahead.

What would the impact of all of this on the US economy.

DL717

Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:56 pm

keesje wrote:

He’s a bigger a hole than his dad. If a Trump ever runs again, I hope it’s Ivanka. She seems to be the calmest of the bunch.
Funny. It only took one pandemic for those who argue endlessly about natural selection to stop believing in natural selection.

Aaron747

Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:06 pm

DL717 wrote:
keesje wrote:

He’s a bigger a hole than his dad. If a Trump ever runs again, I hope it’s Ivanka. She seems to be the calmest of the bunch.

She’s also a snake in the grass - calmly talking about working class jobs while securing copyrights for her Chinese-made junk. No thanks, we don’t need any more dynastic political power...that finally ran its course with HRC losing in 2016.