Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ltbewr
Topic Author

Possible bribes for pardons scandal ?

Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:22 am

A heavily redacted court order issued in late August by the US District Court of DC District has been publicly released suggesting a US Dept. of Justice investigation of a possible and until now secret, bribes for pardons scandal. There were court authorized raids this summer of is believed to be at least one law firm and the DOJ had to apply to the court to access the contents of significant amount of computers, hard drives, flash drives, I-phone and other devices seized during them. Apparently one person was arrested and at the time of the order was in a Federal detention facility. It appears it may be a bribe of a campaign contribution done before or after the pardon was to be granted by President Trump. I suspect in the next 24-48 hours the possible person seeking the pardon(s) will be figured out. Some speculate that Trump's infamous 'lawyer' Rudy Giuliani may be part of this, perhaps connected to his Ukrainian friends who have been investigated for violations of campaign finance laws. Just another day of the Trump mal-administration.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... d=msedgdhp

ArcticSEA

Re: Possible bribes for pardons scandal ?

Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:25 am

It was a perfect bribe, ok?
PNW-based private pilot and engineer. #fatpnw

tommy1808

Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:32 am

ltbewr wrote:
Justice investigation of a possible and until now secret

begs the question how many other investigations are currently still under seal.

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

alfa164

Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:24 am

I am betting the name "Rudy" is somewhere in the redacted area... wanna bet?

;)
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

Aesma

Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:21 am

With a Biden administration, can we expect judicial reform to include the justice department, or is that not going to be possible ? All the shenanigans that happened under Trump are really concerning, it's a wonder he wasn't able to keep power with that alone, it's probably only because of his ineptitude.

I see Barr is now basically conceding the election for Trump, is he trying to save his own ass ?

Doesn't the US constitution enshrine the separation of powers ?
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

Francoflier

Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:12 pm

Trump has always meant to milk his presidency for all it's worth. Next thing you know, he will go around selling state secrets to his dictator buddies... Might be a good way to, say, settle a debt you can't really afford to repay. :scratchchin:

It's not like his lack of ethics, decency or respect for the law were a surprise.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

tommy1808

Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:39 pm

Francoflier wrote:
Next thing you know, he will go around selling state secrets to his dictator buddies... .

will? Would monthly subscription plans to his unsecured phone, he insisted on using, be too surprising?. Heck, for some extra coin he could very well do express delivery via Twitter, like letting everyone know how good exactly NRO overheads are*.... wonderful plausible deniability in both cases.

best regards
Thomas

*and boy would it be hilarious if it turns out in a few decades that a NRO/CIA jointed operation showed him down-sampled imagery as disinformation
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

art

Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:41 pm

Francoflier wrote:
Trump has always meant to milk his presidency for all it's worth. Next thing you know, he will go around selling state secrets to his dictator buddies... Might be a good way to, say, settle a debt you can't really afford to repay. :scratchchin:

It's not like his lack of ethics, decency or respect for the law were a surprise.

I get the impression that there is such loathing for 'the other side' in American politics that if the devil presented himself as a candidate normally God-feating folks would vote for him if they thought he stood the best chance of stopping 'the other side' from winning. Case of the good voting for the bad to prevent a worst case scenario of 'the other side' winning?

casinterest

Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:21 pm

There is a lot of Attorney client privilege discussion in the document, Wonder who is being discussed?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/01/politics ... index.html
Where ever you go, there you are.