Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
PSU.DTW.SCE
Posts: 9333
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2002 11:45 am

Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:53 am

9539 N994AT B712 SBD-MSP, storage exit Thu 12/16, been stored at SBD since 12/2020. Brings the active fleet up to 55
 
777Mech
Posts: 1341
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:54 am

audidudi wrote:
    The newest A339, ship #3411, N411DX, has been spotted with a new livery with "TEAM USA" in large cobalt blue letters emblazoned on the fuselage between doors L2 and L3, a red livery going from the wings where they join the fuselage, and going to the rear, and a light/medium blue sash going from under door L2 going over the top of the fuselage. Someone must have a photo that can be posted here if it’s already on FB!


    I can't share a picture, but I do know it will be officially revealed Friday morning!
     
    SEAorPWM
    Posts: 229
    Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:41 pm

    Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

    Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:00 am

    Seeing that Hauerstein recently mentioned the A321N's replacing the 752's out of BOS, and said there would be about 60 752's disposed of by 2027, did he mention anything about the oldest block (90-93) of A320's?

    I thought the A321N's and used 739's coming online were also going to start replacing the oldest A320's within the next few years, if DL's upgauging strategy is still in place.
     
    audidudi
    Posts: 3506
    Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

    Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

    Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:02 am

    777Mech wrote:
    audidudi wrote:
      The newest A339, ship #3411, N411DX, has been spotted with a new livery with "TEAM USA" in large cobalt blue letters emblazoned on the fuselage between doors L2 and L3, a red livery going from the wings where they join the fuselage, and going to the rear, and a light/medium blue sash going from under door L2 going over the top of the fuselage. Someone must have a photo that can be posted here if it’s already on FB!


      I can't share a picture, but I do know it will be officially revealed Friday morning!

      But I can...here she is:

      https://scontent-sjc3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=61BD8821
       
      n515cr
      Posts: 2607
      Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 am

      Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

      Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:02 pm

      174 and 181 to begin ferries to ICN 12/16
      181 should get 76K mods
      174, unsure if that's L-to-Z mods or maintenance-only.

      IFC
      5656 entered mods
      3890 back in service
      3801 RTS 12/16
      3913/3037 to enter 12/16
      674/3022 RTS 12/17
      6704 to enter 12/17
       
      PSU.DTW.SCE
      Posts: 9333
      Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2002 11:45 am

      Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

      Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:24 am

      Thu 12/16 (9936) 1029 N129DN A321 BFM-MSP delivery flight. 127th and final A321CEO livery. Supposedly end-of-the-line A32xCEO delivery.
      Thu 12/16 (9937) 8310 N310DU A223 BFM-MSP delivery flight. 10th A223 delivery
      Thu 12/16 (9938) 1604 N1604R B763 VQQ-ATL ferry flight after repairs after tail strike in BOG
      Thu 12/16 (9960) 9539 N994AT B712 SBD-MSP, storage exit, stored at SBD since 12/2020. Brings the active fleet up to 55

      Looks like a swap-out of A332s to/from mods scheduled for Thu or Fri as well.
       
      n515cr
      Posts: 2607
      Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 am

      Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

      Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:03 am

      PSU.DTW.SCE wrote:
      Looks like a swap-out of A332s to/from mods scheduled for Thu or Fri as well.

      Those would be 3358 and 3361.

      3032/3037 appear delayed again.
      3904 entered SSW mods
      3068 appears to have entered MCI Dec 14
       
      n515cr
      Posts: 2607
      Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 am

      Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

      Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:37 pm

      3904 to RTS 12/19 with SSWs
      3828 looks set to enter SSW mods today
      9539 exit from SBD potentially delayed
      174/181 to ferry to CAN 12/19
      1704 to exit CAN 12/19
      3308 showing revenue flights 12/19

      IFC
      658 back in service
      678 entered mods
      659 appears to have entered mods
      660/5653 RTS 12/18
      672/6704 entries delayed
      3068 showing exit and revenue flights from MCI 12/18-onward. Not sure what's going on there.
       
      MIflyer12
      Posts: 11169
      Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 pm

      Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

      Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:59 pm

      SEAorPWM wrote:
      Seeing that Hauerstein recently mentioned the A321N's replacing the 752's out of BOS, and said there would be about 60 752's disposed of by 2027, did he mention anything about the oldest block (90-93) of A320's?

      I thought the A321N's and used 739's coming online were also going to start replacing the oldest A320's within the next few years, if DL's upgauging strategy is still in place.


      You raise some good points.

      Is the Hauerstein remark the first time DL has publicly acknowledged that many of the one hundred 757-200s (not counting the 75Cs) will not see the end of the decade?

      The upgauging plan is still very much in place -- see the Capital Markets presentation just yesterday.

      https://d18rn0p25nwr6d.cloudfront.net/C ... 27227c.pdf

      It seems really implausible to think that 36 year-old A320s will be flying for Delta in 2027. Planespotters.net shows 28 A320s in the DL fleet delivered before June '93. If age, hours, or cycles doesn't kill them off, operating economics will: they're going to be wholly inferior in op cost to a MAX9, MAX10, or 321neo -- even as a flex fleet. It's not too earlier to queue up deliveries for 2024-2027. Southwest has firm orders going out to 2031.
       
      n515cr
      Posts: 2607
      Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 am

      Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

      Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:33 pm

      audidudi wrote:
      777Mech wrote:
      audidudi wrote:
        The newest A339, ship #3411, N411DX, has been spotted with a new livery with "TEAM USA" in large cobalt blue letters emblazoned on the fuselage between doors L2 and L3, a red livery going from the wings where they join the fuselage, and going to the rear, and a light/medium blue sash going from under door L2 going over the top of the fuselage. Someone must have a photo that can be posted here if it’s already on FB!


        I can't share a picture, but I do know it will be officially revealed Friday morning!

        But I can...here she is:

        https://scontent-sjc3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=61BD8821


        And the official press release: https://news.delta.com/delta-unveils-cu ... e-team-usa
         
        PSU.DTW.SCE
        Posts: 9333
        Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2002 11:45 am

        Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

        Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:34 pm

        I think everyone "knows" some of it an extent but no one wants to publicly/absolutely/definitively disclose more granular numbers and fleet plans for a variety of reasons.
        There are a lot of entities involved and affected in fleet planning decisions and DL wants to keep some negotiating leverage with them (e.g., OEMs, engine manufacturers, vendors, third-party MRO, DALPA, competitors, other suppliers).

        Also, just some of the stuff is so granular that its at a level of detail to convey or disclose at investor day or financial earnings calls.

        Most people know that there is a whole tranche of older 757s and A320s that have been through their final heavy maintenance cycles that will fly until they are due for a major check. I believe most of the older A320s have about 2-4 years of service left, tops.
         
        n515cr
        Posts: 2607
        Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 am

        Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

        Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:45 pm

        n515cr wrote:
        3904 to RTS 12/19 with SSWs
        3828 looks set to enter SSW mods today
        9539 exit from SBD potentially delayed
        174/181 to ferry to CAN 12/19
        1704 to exit CAN 12/19
        3308 showing revenue flights 12/19

        IFC
        658 back in service
        678 entered mods
        659 appears to have entered mods
        660/5653 RTS 12/18
        672/6704 entries delayed
        3068 showing exit and revenue flights from MCI 12/18-onward. Not sure what's going on there.


        9539 is in the air
         
        flyboy80
        Posts: 2169
        Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2001 8:10 am

        Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

        Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:36 pm

        I really wonder how the 109 seat 220 works for Delta on cost and what they envision for that plane in the future. The 717s must be incredibly cheap to keep around and who knows, maybe Delta will keep them until the latter part of the decade. It's obviously a mainline plane with mainline expense so probably doesn't stand to help Delta reduce more RJ flying but I remember at the time of their entry Delta was taking a portion of RJ capacity into mainline.

        I wonder when we'll see a new order for 223 and a larger variant for EIS maybe end of decade? With the strategy of increasing gauge... seems like there'd be priority buying 739max to replace 738 and 320s 2025-2030. Does the Delta of the future need 160 seaters? Seems like 130, 180, 194 is a good blend.
         
        dalmit
        Posts: 77
        Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:25 pm

        Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

        Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:25 pm

        Deleted
         
        MIflyer12
        Posts: 11169
        Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 pm

        Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

        Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:33 am

        flyboy80 wrote:
        I really wonder how the 109 seat 220 works for Delta on cost and what they envision for that plane in the future.


        They converted thirty A220-100 orders to 223s, and then ordered twenty more 223s (and no addtional 221s). That says something.
         
        n515cr
        Posts: 2607
        Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 am

        Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

        Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:02 pm

        3358/3361 swapped at SAL for PS mods
        3828 SSW entry delayed to today
        181/174 ICN-CAN ferries pushed to 12/20
        1704 exit from CAN pushed to 12/20
        3308/3326 to exit SAL 12/19
        3354 to enter SAL 12/19

        IFC
        672 entered mods 12/17
        660/5653 back in service
        3914 RTS 12/18
        674 RTS 12/19
        678 did not enter mods but appears to be headed in 12/19
        6704 to enter 12/20
         
        audidudi
        Posts: 3506
        Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

        Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

        Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:04 pm

        3324 to enter SAL 12/20...one day delay!
         
        n515cr
        Posts: 2607
        Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 am

        Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

        Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:19 pm

        3904 back in service with SSWs
        181/174 entered CAN
        1704 on track to exit CAN
        3326 en route to ATL
        3354/3308 to swap out 12/20

        IFC
        678 on track to enter today
        674 on track to RTS today
        6704 on track to enter 12/20
        659 to RTS 12/21
        3036 appears to be entering MCI 12/21
        3068 is back in service. Going to assume it now has IFC
         
        n515cr
        Posts: 2607
        Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 am

        Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

        Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:11 pm

        3354 en route to SAL
        3308 on track to exit
        3905 appears to be entering ATL 12/22 (last 739 to get SSWs)

        IFC
        674 back in service
        6704 entering today
        659 RTS 12/21
        686 to enter tomorrow
        672/5656 RTS 12/22
         
        n515cr
        Posts: 2607
        Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 am

        Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

        Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:53 pm

        n515cr wrote:
        3354 en route to SAL
        3308 on track to exit
        3905 appears to be entering ATL 12/22 (last 739 to get SSWs)

        IFC
        674 back in service
        6704 entering today
        659 RTS 12/21
        686 to enter tomorrow
        672/5656 RTS 12/22

        6704 on its way to ATL for mods. Now into single digits of 75Ds remaining to get Viasat IFC.
         
        PSU.DTW.SCE
        Posts: 9333
        Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2002 11:45 am

        Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

        Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:48 am

        Retired aircraft update:
        7008 B77E N867DA is now the NFL Arizona Cardinals team plan
        3606 B73G N306DQ scheduled to ferry SBD-TPA under DAL9950 on Tue 12/21, assume for cargo conversion
         
        wjcandee
        Posts: 11468
        Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2000 12:50 am

        Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

        Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:55 am

        PSU.DTW.SCE wrote:
        Retired aircraft update:
        7008 B77E N867DA is now the NFL Arizona Cardinals team plan
        3606 B73G N306DQ scheduled to ferry SBD-TPA under DAL9950 on Tue 12/21, assume for cargo conversion


        Good post!

        Yeah, N867DA has kept its tail number, and word on the relevant thread is that it's being operated by Jet Aviation as a Part 125 contractor for the Cardinals until next season, and that it will transfer post-season to the Eastern certificate (while the Patriots team planes are rumored to go from Eastern to Omni as the operator -- an upgrade).

        Airborne (PEMCO) in TPA has been converting 73Gs into cargo or combi aircraft. Oddly, having been a huge converter of 734s, for example, it only has an STC for the -700, not the -800, so it's a niche market for sure. Good deduction of the likely future of N306DQ based on its size and destination!

        Nice to see both of these aircraft with illustrious post-DL futures!
         
        User avatar
        DL_Mech
        Posts: 2893
        Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2000 7:48 am

        Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

        Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:24 am

        wjcandee wrote:

        Nice to see both of these aircraft with illustrious post-DL futures!


        Delta has released a lot of planes for cargo conversion but how many have gone to a 121 airline operator? Were the last ones the 763As that went to Hawaiian?
         
        n515cr
        Posts: 2607
        Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 am

        Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

        Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:20 pm

        3828 RTS 12/23
        3905 to enter mods 12/22 and finish the SSW mods on 739s

        IFC
        5656 back in service
        686 to enter mods
        659 RTS tonight
        672 RTS 12/22
         
        DiamondFlyer
        Posts: 3629
        Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:50 pm

        Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

        Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:26 pm

        DL_Mech wrote:
        wjcandee wrote:

        Nice to see both of these aircraft with illustrious post-DL futures!


        Delta has released a lot of planes for cargo conversion but how many have gone to a 121 airline operator? Were the last ones the 763As that went to Hawaiian?


        USAJet has converted and placed into service the first of the 88s they bought.
         
        bigbird
        Posts: 382
        Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:38 pm

        Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

        Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:29 pm

        I assume all of the -900 s from Indonesia will be re-equipped with SSW s as they go to DL standard? Where will this work be done? Will it be ATL, QRO, MSP, or MCI?
         
        wjcandee
        Posts: 11468
        Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2000 12:50 am

        Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

        Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:14 pm

        bigbird wrote:
        I assume all of the -900 s from Indonesia will be re-equipped with SSW s as they go to DL standard? Where will this work be done? Will it be ATL, QRO, MSP, or MCI?


        Why not CGK? Or another contractor? CGK has one of the largest 737-sized hangars anywhere.

        [SSW=Split Scimitar Winglets]
         
        User avatar
        Scoreboard
        Posts: 60
        Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:06 pm

        Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

        Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:01 pm

        wjcandee wrote:
        bigbird wrote:
        I assume all of the -900 s from Indonesia will be re-equipped with SSW s as they go to DL standard? Where will this work be done? Will it be ATL, QRO, MSP, or MCI?


        Why not CGK? Or another contractor? CGK has one of the largest 737-sized hangars anywhere.

        [SSW=Split Scimitar Winglets]


        Because most have already been ferried to San Bernadino, so no point in flying them back again
         
        jbs2886
        Posts: 4032
        Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:07 pm

        Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

        Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:09 pm

        Scoreboard wrote:
        wjcandee wrote:
        bigbird wrote:
        I assume all of the -900 s from Indonesia will be re-equipped with SSW s as they go to DL standard? Where will this work be done? Will it be ATL, QRO, MSP, or MCI?


        Why not CGK? Or another contractor? CGK has one of the largest 737-sized hangars anywhere.

        [SSW=Split Scimitar Winglets]


        Because most have already been ferried to San Bernadino, so no point in flying them back again


        I don't think it will be CGK, but if the price were right, it would still be cheaper to send them back across the ocean. Could also be a capacity issue so they may need to go back east just based on availability. On that note, anyone know how the maintenance availability is? Any better? I recall discussion that there was a substantial backlog due to having aircraft parked and then all needing service at similar times.
         
        n515cr
        Posts: 2607
        Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 am

        Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

        Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:51 pm

        IFC
        3035 to RTS 12/22
        3036 to enter today
         
        User avatar
        Phosphorus
        Posts: 1518
        Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 11:38 am

        Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

        Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:31 am

        flyboy80 wrote:
        I really wonder how the 109 seat 220 works for Delta on cost and what they envision for that plane in the future. The 717s must be incredibly cheap to keep around and who knows, maybe Delta will keep them until the latter part of the decade....

        Delta is on record, saying 717 will be retired in (or by) 2025.
        Of course, they could reverse that decision, but the effort to do so would be large and expensive. They must return to the negotiating table with the lessors -- as a large portion of that fleet is leased.
        They need to go talk to parts suppliers. Common theme on this forum is that many of these parts sources are about to go extinct, as it makes little sense to keep around capacity (tooling, people, paperwork, certifications, upstream suppliers) with no realistic prospect of future orders.
        And 717 is in an unenviable situation here -- only Delta, Hawaiian and QantasLink fly it. With replacement lined up on Qantas side, and Delta retiring it in 2025, the logic says Hawaiian alone will find it difficult to sustain the fleet long-term. Not impossible, just much more expensive than until now.

        So, no, it will not be cheap for Delta to extend 717. On the other hand, if they change their mind about 717 retirement, it will be cheaper if they do it sooner rather than later, IMHO.
         
        BoeingG
        Posts: 106
        Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:01 pm

        Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

        Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:19 pm

        Are DL's 321ceos equipped with 1 or 2 ACTs?
         
        n515cr
        Posts: 2607
        Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 am

        Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

        Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:19 pm

        3905 on track to enter today for SSWs (last 739)
        3828 to RTS 12/23 with SSWs
        8310 to enter revenue service 12/23

        IFC
        3035 back in service
        672 on track to RTS today
        3037 to enter MCI today
        5655 on track to enter mods 12/23
        3022 RTS 12/23
         
        gdavis003
        Posts: 1440
        Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:59 am

        Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

        Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:12 am

        Did 1028 have an incident at DCA on the 17th? Brand new aircraft delivered just a few months back. Has been at DCA since the 17th, and it is scheduled to ferry DCA-BHM as DL9936 tomorrow. BHM's facility hasn't done any A321 work yet, although I'm sure that they can.
         
        NW747-400
        Posts: 489
        Joined: Tue Jun 08, 1999 4:42 am

        Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

        Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:11 pm

        BoeingG wrote:
        Are DL's 321ceos equipped with 1 or 2 ACTs?


        All CEO’s are equipped with zero ACT’s ;)
         
        n515cr
        Posts: 2607
        Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 am

        Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

        Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:18 pm

        3828 back in service. With 3905 entering mods. No more 739s are in service without SSWs
        8310 to enter service today

        IFC
        3022 back in service after a lengthy visit at MCI
        5655 should enter mods tonight
        5657 and 6702 may be entering tonight...monitoring
        6704 RTS 12/25
        6715 should take its place

        Remaining 75Ds (active) to get ViaSat:
        667
        670 (@VQQ mx)
        678 (in mod)
        686 (in mod)
        692
        5655
        5657
        6715
         
        DeSpringbokke
        Posts: 375
        Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:27 am

        Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

        Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:34 pm

        NW747-400 wrote:
        BoeingG wrote:
        Are DL's 321ceos equipped with 1 or 2 ACTs?


        All CEO’s are equipped with zero ACT’s ;)


        As a result, what is their range? I think the longest I read they could do without having to limit capacity was ATL-SFO/LAX.
         
        NW747-400
        Posts: 489
        Joined: Tue Jun 08, 1999 4:42 am

        Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

        Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:43 pm

        DeSpringbokke wrote:
        NW747-400 wrote:
        BoeingG wrote:
        Are DL's 321ceos equipped with 1 or 2 ACTs?


        All CEO’s are equipped with zero ACT’s ;)


        As a result, what is their range? I think the longest I read they could do without having to limit capacity was ATL-SFO/LAX.


        Yep, that’s about the limit without taking a payload hit. They have other aircraft that can cover the longer stage lengths, and the NEO of course will be arriving very soon with plenty more range. So no need for ACT’s on the CEO.
         
        MIflyer12
        Posts: 11169
        Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 pm

        Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

        Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:46 pm

        DeSpringbokke wrote:
        NW747-400 wrote:
        BoeingG wrote:
        Are DL's 321ceos equipped with 1 or 2 ACTs?


        All CEO’s are equipped with zero ACT’s ;)


        As a result, what is their range? I think the longest I read they could do without having to limit capacity was ATL-SFO/LAX.


        Delta declares a range of 2,565 miles. (Yes, statute miles, not nm.)

        It's 2,810sm for the 739s.
         
        DeSpringbokke
        Posts: 375
        Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:27 am

        Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

        Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:57 pm

        NW747-400 wrote:
        DeSpringbokke wrote:
        NW747-400 wrote:

        All CEO’s are equipped with zero ACT’s ;)


        As a result, what is their range? I think the longest I read they could do without having to limit capacity was ATL-SFO/LAX.


        Yep, that’s about the limit without taking a payload hit. They have other aircraft that can cover the longer stage lengths, and the NEO of course will be arriving very soon with plenty more range. So no need for ACT’s on the CEO.


        Yeah, I figured as much but as Delta has so many routes that are less than that, the A321s are perfect replacements for MD-88/90s. I know the 737-900ERs really make a cost difference DTW/ATL-West Coast which is why the bean counters preferred them to replace the older 757s. But, as you said over well over a hundred NEOs on their way, the remaining 757s can be retired and the CEOs can just stay on routes under 4 hours.
         
        BoeingG
        Posts: 106
        Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:01 pm

        Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

        Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:10 pm

        DeSpringbokke wrote:
        NW747-400 wrote:
        DeSpringbokke wrote:

        As a result, what is their range? I think the longest I read they could do without having to limit capacity was ATL-SFO/LAX.


        Yep, that’s about the limit without taking a payload hit. They have other aircraft that can cover the longer stage lengths, and the NEO of course will be arriving very soon with plenty more range. So no need for ACT’s on the CEO.


        Yeah, I figured as much but as Delta has so many routes that are less than that, the A321s are perfect replacements for MD-88/90s. I know the 737-900ERs really make a cost difference DTW/ATL-West Coast which is why the bean counters preferred them to replace the older 757s. But, as you said over well over a hundred NEOs on their way, the remaining 757s can be retired and the CEOs can just stay on routes under 4 hours.


        Are the NEOs suitable for Jackson Hole?
         
        777Mech
        Posts: 1341
        Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:54 pm

        Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

        Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:20 pm

        gdavis003 wrote:
        Did 1028 have an incident at DCA on the 17th? Brand new aircraft delivered just a few months back. Has been at DCA since the 17th, and it is scheduled to ferry DCA-BHM as DL9936 tomorrow. BHM's facility hasn't done any A321 work yet, although I'm sure that they can.


        I do know it sustained major damage from a lav truck striking it, but as to why it's going to BHM is either Stewart is doing the final repair, or it's going into storage awaiting a hangar space/parts for a repair.

        It just ferried unpressurized, so I'm going to assume it's going to storage.
         
        gdavis003
        Posts: 1440
        Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:59 am

        Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

        Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:15 am

        777Mech wrote:
        gdavis003 wrote:
        Did 1028 have an incident at DCA on the 17th? Brand new aircraft delivered just a few months back. Has been at DCA since the 17th, and it is scheduled to ferry DCA-BHM as DL9936 tomorrow. BHM's facility hasn't done any A321 work yet, although I'm sure that they can.


        I do know it sustained major damage from a lav truck striking it, but as to why it's going to BHM is either Stewart is doing the final repair, or it's going into storage awaiting a hangar space/parts for a repair.

        It just ferried unpressurized, so I'm going to assume it's going to storage.


        Yikes. Storage probably makes the most sense. I'll probably go out there in the next week or so, can hopefully see where its parked at Stewart
         
        MIflyer12
        Posts: 11169
        Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 pm

        Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

        Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:09 am

        BoeingG wrote:

        Are the NEOs suitable for Jackson Hole?


        How far do you want a full 321neo to go from JAC?
         
        777Mech
        Posts: 1341
        Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:54 pm

        Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

        Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:19 am

        For those tracking, 6811 is in paint at CWF, and will lose it's SkyTeam livery. That leaves (I think) 3 aircraft left with it. 2 738s and one 764.

        I expect 1820 to lose it as well coming up this year, so catch it while you can.
         
        B757Forever
        Posts: 989
        Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 3:23 am

        Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

        Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:13 am

        777Mech wrote:
        gdavis003 wrote:
        Did 1028 have an incident at DCA on the 17th? Brand new aircraft delivered just a few months back. Has been at DCA since the 17th, and it is scheduled to ferry DCA-BHM as DL9936 tomorrow. BHM's facility hasn't done any A321 work yet, although I'm sure that they can.


        I do know it sustained major damage from a lav truck striking it, but as to why it's going to BHM is either Stewart is doing the final repair, or it's going into storage awaiting a hangar space/parts for a repair.

        It just ferried unpressurized, so I'm going to assume it's going to storage.


        The BHM Stewart facility has been performing some sheet metal repairs for DL. I suspect this is what is planned.
         
        n515cr
        Posts: 2607
        Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 am

        Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

        Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:40 pm

        n515cr wrote:
        3828 back in service. With 3905 entering mods. No more 739s are in service without SSWs
        8310 to enter service today

        IFC
        3022 back in service after a lengthy visit at MCI
        5655 should enter mods tonight
        5657 and 6702 may be entering tonight...monitoring
        6704 RTS 12/25
        6715 should take its place

        Remaining 75Ds (active) to get ViaSat:
        667
        670 (@VQQ mx)
        678 (in mod)
        686 (in mod)
        692
        5655
        5657
        6715


        8310 induction exit delayed to 12/24
        3905 RTS 12/26. SSW mods complete

        IFC
        6704 RTS appears to be late 12/25 or early 12/26
        678 RTS 12/26
        5657/6702 appear to have entered mods
        5655 did not enter mods
        6715 continuing revenue flights
         
        n515cr
        Posts: 2607
        Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 am

        Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

        Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:20 pm

        8310 entered service
        3905 back in service. 739 SSW mods officially complete with all in service

        IFC
        678/686/6704 back in service
        6702 RTS 12/29
        5655 appears to have gotten IFC during a 12/12-16 DTW visit.
        6715 to enter mods today
        Remaining active 75Ds: 667, 670, 689, 692
         
        User avatar
        Boeing757100
        Posts: 980
        Joined: Wed May 06, 2020 10:09 pm

        Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

        Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:34 pm

        777Mech wrote:
        For those tracking, 6811 is in paint at CWF, and will lose it's SkyTeam livery. That leaves (I think) 3 aircraft left with it. 2 738s and one 764.

        I expect 1820 to lose it as well coming up this year, so catch it while you can.




        Isn't N705TW still painted in the skyteam colors? Recent pic from 4th of December shows her still in action!
        Image
         
        777Mech
        Posts: 1341
        Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:54 pm

        Re: Delta Fleet Thread - 2021

        Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:56 am

        Boeing757100 wrote:
        777Mech wrote:
        For those tracking, 6811 is in paint at CWF, and will lose it's SkyTeam livery. That leaves (I think) 3 aircraft left with it. 2 738s and one 764.

        I expect 1820 to lose it as well coming up this year, so catch it while you can.




        Isn't N705TW still painted in the skyteam colors? Recent pic from 4th of December shows her still in action!
        Image


        N705TW is 6811. Just finished up paint at CWF.

        Popular Searches On Airliners.net

        Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

        Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

        Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

        Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

        Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

        Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

        Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

        Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

        Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

        Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

        Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

        Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

        Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

        Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

        Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos