Topic Author

Rush Limbaugh dead at 70

Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:19 pm

Fox is reporting Rush Limbaugh has died of lung cancer at age 70

https://fox4kc.com/news/political-radio ... ng-cancer/

NIKV69

Re: Rush Limbaugh dead at 70

Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:27 pm

RIP El Rushpo. You have left a huge void there isn't many in radio that can fill.

LAX772LR

Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:30 pm

Few have done more to foster dissension, hatred, and division among people; both directly, and by launching a million 2nd-acts.

Rot In Pieces.

flipdewaf

Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:32 pm

Oh well, when a horrible specimen of a human being dies they become a dead specimen of a horrible human being. The only thing I’ll miss is laughing at the radio when I was in the states and thinking “wow, people take this shit seriously”.

Fred

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

luckyone

Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:35 pm

I love all of God's creatures. I just love some of them better stuffed. I am glad that he is no longer suffering.

Or we can borrow from Bette Davis when she was informed about Joan Crawford's death: "Mother said only speak good of the dead. Rush Limbaugh is dead. Good." Not that it matters much. There are plenty of people waiting in the wings to get paid to tell people that what they believe is right.
Last edited by luckyone on Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Confuscius

Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:39 pm

Say or write nothing but good things about the dead...

Thank you.

Aloha717200

Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:49 pm

Hopefully he dressed light for where he's going. :hot:

LAX772LR

Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:49 pm

For our non-USAmerican readers, who might not be as familiar with the deceased character in question, here's a few quotes, to set the tone:

"How many of you guys in your own experience with women have learned that ‘no’ means ‘yes’ if you know how to spot it?"

"Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream of society."

"I think it’s time to get rid of this whole National Basketball Association. Call it the TBA, the Thug Basketball Association, and stop calling them teams. Call 'em gangs."

"The unskilled jobs that take absolutely no knowledge whatsoever to do: let stupid and unskilled Mexicans do that work."

"Everything in Africa’s called AIDS. The reason is they get aid money for it. AIDS is the biggest pile of-the biggest pot they throw money into."

"I’m not saying we should bring it [slavery] back, I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark."

- Rush Limbaugh

Here's a few more, with video references, if you wish to suffer through them:
https://newsone.com/16051/top-10-racist ... gh-quotes/

We're truly rid of one of the most horrid creatures to ever befoul this planet.

vrbarreto

Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:58 pm

Oh noes how terrible...

petertenthije

Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:05 pm

I’m sure he’ll be missed by someone.

luckyone

Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:14 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
"The unskilled jobs that take absolutely no knowledge whatsoever to do: let stupid and unskilled Mexicans do that work."

Oh man. That one did not age well in the Trump era.

casinterest

Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:16 pm

Cancer Sucks.

My Condolences to his friends and family.

He made an amazing career out of abuse, gas lighting, scapegoating, and alternative facts.

flipdewaf

Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:45 pm

Confuscius wrote:

Thank you.

Why? Being dead doesn’t suddenly nullify ones behaviour when alive. By your standard we should only say nice things about Osama bin laden.

Fred

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luckyone

Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:48 pm

flipdewaf wrote:
Confuscius wrote:

Thank you.

Why? Being dead doesn’t suddenly nullify ones behaviour when alive. By your standard we should only say nice things about Osama bin laden.

Fred

It's possible you're missing the sarcasm. There's nothing good to say.

mbmbos

Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:49 pm

flipdewaf wrote:
Confuscius wrote:

He's making a joke. If you'll notice, you can scroll a long way down in his post indicating he had nothing good to say, just empty space - which says a lot about what he thinks about Limbarugh.

Thank you.

Fred

alfa164

Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:07 pm

stratosphere wrote:
Fox is reporting Rush Limbaugh has died of lung cancer at age 70
https://fox4kc.com/news/political-radio ... ng-cancer/

Only shortly after Limbaugh reported that Fox is dead.

It couldn't happen to a more deserving person. Limbaugh's death, I mean...

luckyone wrote:
Or we can borrow from Bette Davis when she was informed about Joan Crawford's death: "Mother said only speak good of the dead. Rush Limbaugh is dead. Good."

:checkmark: That... is perfect!

ltbewr

Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:08 pm

At least by dying during the pandemic it means it should be a small family ceremony. They will have to hide his grave site or put it behind walls of security so the public can't enter or have to install toilets or urinals adjacent to it.

flipdewaf

Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:32 pm

luckyone wrote:
flipdewaf wrote:
Confuscius wrote:

Thank you.

Fred

It's possible you're missing the sarcasm. There's nothing good to say.

Ha! Yes! I totally missed it. Lol.

ER757

Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:13 pm

I can only think of a quote by Mark Twain:
"I have never wished anyone dead, but I've read some obituaries with great pleasure"

emperortk

Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:28 pm

He can best be summed up by paraphrasing a line from an old Simpsons episode: an ignoble spirit embigots the smallest minds.

GalaxyFlyer

Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:47 pm

Like fingernails on a blackboard, never listened to him, but I’m guessing we’re aligned politically for the most part. Friends would quote him and I’d wince and go, “LA,LA, LA, I can’t hear you”. Just awful.

Aaron747

Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:35 am

Got rich off playing a polemicist character - dime a dozen. And will be remembered for little more than being an insufferable dick. What a legacy.

einsteinboricua

Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:39 am

ER757 wrote:
I can only think of a quote by Mark Twain:
"I have never wished anyone dead, but I've read some obituaries with great pleasure"

^^THIS!

zkojq

Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:49 am

Yeah I'm not feeling a lot of sympathy.

tommy1808

Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:55 am

zkojq wrote:
Yeah I'm not feeling a lot of sympathy.

pretty hard to figure out how many hate crimes per active year, and hence deaths, he has caused, but pretty safe to say it is going to be less now.

best regards
Thomas

extender

Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:34 pm

Will you all be so tolerant when someone like Pelosi or Schumer dies and people post the things similar to what is above? I doubt it, but he sure ruffled a lot feathers.

NIKV69

Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:44 pm

extender wrote:
Will you all be so tolerant when someone like Pelosi or Schumer dies and people post the things similar to what is above? I doubt it, but he sure ruffled a lot feathers.

You forgot Harry Reid. All three will not get any sympathy.

casinterest

Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:17 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
extender wrote:

And remember why.. . Dishonorable folks such as Limbaugh and his acolytes made it their career to destroy people looking for solutions. Limbaugh made it central that he attacked and made his followers hate people. It sold ads.

MaverickM11

Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:25 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
extender wrote:

Well none of them are bottom feeding, professional bigot, mouth breathing white rage machines, so no. Nor did they spend their lives sh!tting on other people's graves for ratings, as Rush did, so turning his grave into a gender neutral outhouse is fair turnabout. And if you can't tell the difference, you're just as bad. This is like saying Rosa Parks and Bull Connor dying are basically the same. But I'm sure they'll be super disappointed they won't be getting any sympathies from your violent, seditious, sIx MillIoN is NoT EnuFf crowd. :roll:
Last edited by MaverickM11 on Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GDB

Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:33 pm

extender wrote:

Sorry that your buddy who made a career out of direct, flat out racism, hating women, demonizing in general, plus on his trips to places like the Dominican Republic, wracked by poverty, had a liking for young prostitutes, as well as his misuse of drugs.
No wonder your other big bud Trump gave him a medal.
Birds of a feather.

His core audience, a white male, without or with little education, who just HAS to hear it's all the fault of blacks, women (in both cases the 'uppity' ones), not of course their own bad choices or just being none too bright, it's always 'the other' at fault, right?

And he celebrated people dying of AIDS, welcome to YOUR world?

To compare elected politicians (whatever your affiliation), to this obese old racist abuser, speaks volumes, bet most of that mob on 6th Jan were fans too.

What he was killed him.
Last edited by GDB on Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OA412

Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:36 pm

casinterest wrote:
And remember why.. . Dishonorable folks such as Limbaugh and his acolytes made it their career to destroy people looking for solutions. Limbaugh made it central that he attacked and made his followers hate people. It sold ads.

Yup. Plus, I don't remember Pelosi, Schumer, or Harry Reid saying or doing anything as vile as this:

-Airing “Barack, the Magic Negro,” a racist parody song about then-Sen. Barack Obama’s popularity with many white voters, in 2007.
-"When a gay person turns his back on you, it is anything but an insult; it's an invitation."
-"Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women access to the mainstream of society."
-"The Earth's eco-system is not fragile."
-"Women should not be allowed on juries where the accused is a stud."
-"The Los Angeles riots were not caused by the Rodney King verdict. The Los Angeles riots were caused by rioters."
-"I think it's time to get rid of this whole National Basketball Association. Call it the TBA, the Thug Basketball Association, and stop calling them teams. Call 'em gangs."
-Telling a Black caller to “take that bone out of your nose and call me back."
-"If any race of people should not have guilt about slavery, it's Caucasians. The white race has probably had fewer slaves and for a briefer period of time than any other in the history of the world."
-Re: people in the LGBTQ community being elected to public office: "I guarantee there'd be some people in the Republican establishment who will now think, yeah, we need to do this. We need to provide a home, we need to provide a comforting atmosphere for the tranny community and the gay community. But those people are voting Democrat anyway."
-"Translating a speech given by the Chinese presdient as "Ching cha. Ching chang cho chow. Cha Chow. Ching Cho. Chi ba ba ba. Kwo kwa kwa kee. Cha ga ga. Ching chee chay. Ching zha bo ba. Chang cha. Chang cho chi che. Cha dee. Ooooh chee bada ba. Jee jee cho ba."
-"Celebrating" the deaths of gay men at the height of the AIDS pandemic in the US by reading out names of the deceased and playing music.

MaverickM11

Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:41 pm

GDB wrote:
extender wrote:

Sorry that your buddy who made a career out of direct, flat out racism, hating women, demonizing in general, plus on his trips to places like the Dominican Republic, wracked by poverty, had a liking for young prostitutes, as well as his misuse of drugs.
No wonder your other big bud Trump gave him a medal.
Birds of a feather.

His core audience, a white male, without or with little education, who just HAS to hear it's all the fault of blacks, women, (in both cases the 'uppity' ones), not of course their own bad choices or just being none too bright, it's always 'the other' at fault, right?

To compare elected politicians (whatever your affiliation), to this obese old racist abuser, speaks volumes, bet most of that mob on 6th Jan were fans too.

What he was killed him.

:checkmark: :checkmark: He finally gave fragile, bigoted white guys a voice and let them know they're not alone, and there is always some minority to blame for their situation. And now the GOP has turned into that 100%.

ER757

Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:51 pm

I am truly sad that Rush has passed. I can't use one of my favorite riddles any longer>

What is the difference between Rush Limbaugh and the Hindenburg?

One is a flaming Nazi gasbag, the other is a blimp

seb146

Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:21 am

I never understood his obsession with the Clintons. Like he celebrated Bill having affairs to "bring down" the dynasty (is one, two term president a dynasty??) when Rush himself had affairs and was also addicted to pills. Like Rush was some beacon of morality.

Explain why we need to be respectful of this guy when he showed zero respect for anyone who dared disagree with him. All the name calling and hate and vitriol, not to mention he had no clue what the opposition party name was, so he was uneducated.

At least a majority of "liberal" commentators had been taking the high road away from name calling. Until MAGA came along.

DocLightning

Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:26 am

Go now, and sin no more, Mr. Limbaugh.

ltbewr

Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:13 am

DocLightning wrote:
Go now, and sin no more, Mr. Limbaugh.

Doc, were you raised Catholic with that reference to Confession ? But that is part of the problem with Rush, he was absolved of his sins every day on the air by those that made money from him and encouraged his racist, sexist anti-GLTBQ and offensive 100 different ways hate.

Rush came into the hate talk radio scene shortly after the end of the FCC 'Fairness doctrine' where radio (and TV) had to give balanced views on issues. AM radio was dying as almost all music had shifted to FM, so early on his syndicated show was a relatively cheap way to make money to stay on the air, no on air talent to pay for, stations made money. It made him and his distributor huge profits and Rush a very money rich person. He caused the rise of other right wing hate speech yackers on AM radio, drowning out any attempts of other views and in the long run led to persons like Donald Trump becoming President using hate. His rating had dropped in recent years as Fox News and other RW outlets including on the internet came to be. His will be a sad legacy that encourages the divisions in this country for generations.

WIederling

Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:00 pm

Confuscius wrote:
Thank you.

... late Valentine.

OK?

Tugger

Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:17 pm

Condolences to his loved ones and family.

I for one do not get how so many people support and condone certain people, "liking" them and using them as a basis for information while over looking all the vile or terrible things they say and do. Meanwhile those same people cannot look past other things with those they view as "opponents". If people can look past all the terrible things that Limbaugh said and encouraged, how can they NOT look past disagreements they may have with others regarding politics and such?

Tugg

MaverickM11

Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:10 pm

Tugger wrote:
Condolences to his loved ones and family.

I for one do not get how so many people support and condone certain people, "liking" them and using them as a basis for information while over looking all the vile or terrible things they say and do. Meanwhile those same people cannot look past other things with those they view as "opponents". If people can look past all the terrible things that Limbaugh said and encouraged, how can they NOT look past disagreements they may have with others regarding politics and such?

Tugg

They LOVE the terrible things Limbaugh said and encouraged. How do you think we got Trump? Love and understanding? It's always about nuclear white rage and revenge.

sebolino

Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:18 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
For our non-USAmerican readers, who might not be as familiar with the deceased character in question, here's a few quotes, to set the tone:

"How many of you guys in your own experience with women have learned that ‘no’ means ‘yes’ if you know how to spot it?"

"Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream of society."

"I think it’s time to get rid of this whole National Basketball Association. Call it the TBA, the Thug Basketball Association, and stop calling them teams. Call 'em gangs."

"Everything in Africa’s called AIDS. The reason is they get aid money for it. AIDS is the biggest pile of-the biggest pot they throw money into."

"I’m not saying we should bring it [slavery] back, I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark."

- Rush Limbaugh

Here's a few more, with video references, if you wish to suffer through them:
https://newsone.com/16051/top-10-racist ... gh-quotes/

We're truly rid of one of the most horrid creatures to ever befoul this planet.

Even in France we know how provocative, narrow minded, racist and full of hatred he was. Good riddance.
I remember having seen him mocking Michael J. Fox about his disease. He was really dark minded.

WIederling

Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:32 pm

sebolino wrote:
I remember having seen him mocking Michael J. Fox about his disease. He was really dark minded.

live by sword.
die by sword.
Karma.

Newark727

Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:56 pm

extender wrote:

It's really a question of respect. It's ultimately a two-way street. Limbaugh expressed very little respect for anyone - it's unsurprising that few have any left to give him.

DocLightning

Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:18 pm

ltbewr wrote:
Doc, were you raised Catholic with that reference to Confession ?

LOL, Jewish. But yes.

Mr. Limbaugh was a horrible hypocrite. He said that drug users and addicts should be "sent up the river" and then...even after suffering with addiction continued to play the moral crusader. A master hypocrite.

Hypocrites fall somewhere well below mass-murderers in my list of "people for whom I have no use." At least mass-murderers have some uses.

DarkSnowyNight

Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:54 pm

Newark727 wrote:

It's really a question of respect. It's ultimately a two-way street. Limbaugh expressed very little respect for anyone - it's unsurprising that few have any left to give him.

Indeed. I take as a sign of social maturation that we are backing away from the auto-sainthood effect death has. It is no one's fault but his own that this guy did everything he could to convert his grave into an outhouse.

DocLightning wrote:
mass-murderers have some uses.

Maybe if you are trying to curry favor with Elementary Particles...

stratosphere
Topic Author

Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:28 am

DocLightning wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

LOL, Jewish. But yes.

Mr. Limbaugh was a horrible hypocrite. He said that drug users and addicts should be "sent up the river" and then...even after suffering with addiction continued to play the moral crusader. A master hypocrite.

Hypocrites fall somewhere well below mass-murderers in my list of "people for whom I have no use." At least mass-murderers have some uses.

I do agree with you here. I was never a dittohead. My big issues with liberals is hypocrisy. But yes in his case he did demonize drug addiction while having a drug addiction himself so hence hypocrisy. But I find it funny the liberals who preach about hateful speech but yet yell out to Limbaugh rest in piss . Just saying

seb146

Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:53 am

stratosphere wrote:
DocLightning wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

LOL, Jewish. But yes.

I do agree with you here. I was never a dittohead. My big issues with liberals is hypocrisy. But yes in his case he did demonize drug addiction while having a drug addiction himself so hence hypocrisy. But I find it funny the liberals who preach about hateful speech but yet yell out to Limbaugh rest in piss . Just saying

Apples and oranges. Being a jerk to a jerk is very different than looking at someone's skin color or religious garb and making assumptions. Former presidential candidate Bob Dole has been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. The comments, left, right, and center are all positive. There were points I do not agree with Dole on, but he is a good man. What you call "hypocrisy" others call honest truth.

LAX772LR

Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:25 am

DarkSnowyNight wrote:
this guy did everything he could to convert his grave into an outhouse.

....stealing!

maverick4002

Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:46 am

Thoughts and Prayers. May he rest in piss!

Francoflier

Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:21 am

stratosphere wrote:
But I find it funny the liberals who preach about hateful speech but yet yell out to Limbaugh rest in piss . Just saying

One would hope that you could see the difference between spending one's life antagonising and belittling others, in a completely unprovoked and unwarranted manner, and the reaction to that attitude and the person it emanates from, dead or alive...

There's plenty of people out there and throughout history no one avoids speaking ill of just because they're dead, simply because they were horrible human beings.
Rush Limbaugh was a horrible human being.

sebolino

Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:53 am

stratosphere wrote:
DocLightning wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

LOL, Jewish. But yes.

Just saying BS.
What has this anything to do with being "liberal" whatever this means, it's ridiculous. This guy was a real moron, whoever said it doesn't change anything.

FYI, in the US "liberal" means left wing, in Europe it means right wing. In both cases, it's used as an insult :-)