Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
alfa164
Topic Author
Posts: 3983
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:58 pm

The Wall Street Journal (yes, Rupert Murdoch's rag) reports that the Manhattan District Attorney's office will charge the Trump Organization and its chief financial officer with tax-related crimes on Thursday. These will be the first criminal charges against the former president’s company since prosecutors began investigating it three years ago. Of course, this opens up the possibility of testimony being demanded form even more members of the organization - including Trump's family, and even the losing candidate himself.

"The Trump Organization and Mr. Weisselberg are expected to face charges related to allegedly evading taxes on fringe benefits, the people said. For months, the Manhattan district attorney’s office and New York state attorney general’s office have been investigating whether Mr. Weisselberg and other employees illegally avoided paying taxes on perks—such as cars, apartments and private-school tuition—that they received from the Trump Organization. If prosecutors could show the Trump Organization and its executives systematically avoided paying taxes, they could file more serious charges alleging a scheme, lawyers said."


Its probably a good time to buy stock in some popcorn companies...

;)


https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-organization-and-cfo-allen-weisselberg-expected-to-be-charged-thursday-11625060765
 
wingman
Posts: 4173
Joined: Thu May 27, 1999 4:25 am

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:29 pm

Textbook prosecutorial strategy in dealing with Mafia-like organizations. It's a long and arduous path and ultimately hinges on turning people as you go. Best of luck to them. The quality of American social fabric will improve exponentially with each Trump family member that ends up behind bars. In the end they'll prove to be exactly what they promised the Q-Anon hordes they went to DC to fight - greedy and privileged coastal elites with zero redeeming value.
 
davidjohnson6
Posts: 1584
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:10 pm

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:06 pm

Good luck getting Republican supporters on a jury voting for a guilty verdict. NY may be pro Democrat but getting a jury without a single Republican seems unlikely
 
alfa164
Topic Author
Posts: 3983
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:23 pm

davidjohnson6 wrote:
Good luck getting Republican supporters on a jury voting for a guilty verdict. NY may be pro Democrat but getting a jury without a single Republican seems unlikely


Not all Republicans are Trump lemmings; you can count me among the group that wants a the G.O.P. to be a conservative political party, not a Snake Oil Salesman's personal cult.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 16006
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:29 pm

davidjohnson6 wrote:
Good luck getting Republican supporters on a jury voting for a guilty verdict. NY may be pro Democrat but getting a jury without a single Republican seems unlikely


Juries are not selected (nor allowed to perform) according to partisan demands or expectations.
 
davidjohnson6
Posts: 1584
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:10 pm

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:41 pm

Jurors are indeed meant to weigh the evidence objectively. Jurors are also human beings with their own opinions and biases on matters. Trump is a topic on which many Americans have strongly held opinions... thoses personal biases will exist in the minds of some of the jurors, and it would be naïve to expect them to ignore those biases entirely at the end of a trial when voting on the organization's guilt or innocence
 
User avatar
ER757
Posts: 4242
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 10:16 am

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:55 pm

The Donald is going to need a new lawyer now that ol' Rudy lost his license. I agree with the OP, buy stock in Orville Reddenbachers
 
Virtual737
Posts: 1212
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:16 am

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:58 pm

Am I the only one wishing Rudy could still act as the brief? It will be far less interesting if they end up with a lawyer that's at least half competent.
 
johns624
Posts: 4056
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:59 pm

alfa164 wrote:
davidjohnson6 wrote:
Good luck getting Republican supporters on a jury voting for a guilty verdict. NY may be pro Democrat but getting a jury without a single Republican seems unlikely


Not all Republicans are Trump lemmings; you can count me among the group that wants a the G.O.P. to be a conservative political party, not a Snake Oil Salesman's personal cult.
+1
 
User avatar
Francoflier
Posts: 5916
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2001 12:27 pm

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:21 pm

davidjohnson6 wrote:
Jurors are indeed meant to weigh the evidence objectively. Jurors are also human beings with their own opinions and biases on matters. Trump is a topic on which many Americans have strongly held opinions... thoses personal biases will exist in the minds of some of the jurors, and it would be naïve to expect them to ignore those biases entirely at the end of a trial when voting on the organization's guilt or innocence


So what you're saying is that no republican voter out there is capable of being impartial when presented with facts and evidence and that they would all fail to do what they swore to do in order to protect a man they revere as a God? That they all made a vow of loyalty to their spiritual leader which supersedes their loyalty to their own nation?

You certainly paint a chilling picture of the current American society...
 
davidjohnson6
Posts: 1584
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:10 pm

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:36 pm

Some Republican voters would cast politics aside if they were to serve on a jury examining the activities of the Trump Organization... and some would not
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 13938
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:44 pm

Can't wait to see the charges and supporting evidence.
 
ltbewr
Posts: 15805
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:46 pm

How long before the 'Trump Organization' business entity and all its sub parts declare Bankruptcy to avoid paying its debts and to try to preserve its property ? Maybe a few days. The unpaid and underpaid taxes would have to come off the top. It is possible that the TO will face immediate demands for repayment of debts to banks and others Of course, many of us want Trump himself to face the criminal dock, it may come in time but unlikely. If Trump's wealth is destroyed, dies a broke person, it may not be enough punishment, but it will some.
 
NIKV69
Posts: 14435
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:49 pm

From looking at the charges this doesn't seem like the big thing everyone said was coming? Paying taxes on perks?
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 16006
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:51 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
From looking at the charges this doesn't seem like the big thing everyone said was coming? Paying taxes on perks?


This is the city investigation. The bigger one is with the state and feds in SDNY. No need to conflate the two.
 
alfa164
Topic Author
Posts: 3983
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:11 pm

ltbewr wrote:
How long before the 'Trump Organization' business entity and all its sub parts declare Bankruptcy to avoid paying its debts and to try to preserve its property ? Maybe a few days. The unpaid and underpaid taxes would have to come off the top. It is possible that the TO will face immediate demands for repayment of debts to banks and others Of course, many of us want Trump himself to face the criminal dock, it may come in time but unlikely. If Trump's wealth is destroyed, dies a broke person, it may not be enough punishment, but it will some.


Bankruptcy protection is invalidated by fraud. Considering the extent of the efforts to create and then conceal the manipulation of the books, there should be more than a good chance a bankruptcy filing would have no effect on the proceedings here.


Virtual737 wrote:
Am I the only one wishing Rudy could still act as the brief? It will be far less interesting if they end up with a lawyer that's at least half competent.


The stores could never keep enough popcorn in stock!


Aaron747 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
From looking at the charges this doesn't seem like the big thing everyone said was coming? Paying taxes on perks?

This is the city investigation. The bigger one is with the state and feds in SDNY. No need to conflate the two.


And never forget: "taxes" are what brought down Al Capone.

;)
 
LCDFlight
Posts: 1266
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:22 pm

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:29 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
From looking at the charges this doesn't seem like the big thing everyone said was coming? Paying taxes on perks?


This is done by most scumbag organizations on both the left and the right. Including among real estate tycoons in NYC, rest assured. Trump probably isn't even in the top 10 of that category. But, whatever. It is clearly tax evasion.

The reason a giant number of government prosecutors were dedicated to this is obviously political.
 
davidjohnson6
Posts: 1584
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:10 pm

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:33 pm

It is indeed political.... but it also shows the rest of the USA and the world that even the most powerful are subject to the rule of law. In many countries, this principle does not always apply

Government of Laws and not of men.... etc...
Last edited by davidjohnson6 on Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 
luckyone
Posts: 4043
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:37 pm

LCDFlight wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
From looking at the charges this doesn't seem like the big thing everyone said was coming? Paying taxes on perks?


This is done by most scumbag organizations on both the left and the right. Including among real estate tycoons in NYC, rest assured. Trump probably isn't even in the top 10 of that category. But, whatever. It is clearly tax evasion.

The reason a giant number of government prosecutors were dedicated to this is obviously political.

If so, the Trump people would have only themselves to thank given the way he handled his time in office. You don't bring a knife to a gun fight.
 
Newark727
Posts: 2546
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:39 pm

LCDFlight wrote:

This is done by most scumbag organizations on both the left and the right. Including among real estate tycoons in NYC, rest assured. Trump probably isn't even in the top 10 of that category. But, whatever. It is clearly tax evasion.

The reason a giant number of government prosecutors were dedicated to this is obviously political.


If that's so, isn't it better that some of them be prosecuted rather than none?
 
LCDFlight
Posts: 1266
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:22 pm

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:50 pm

Newark727 wrote:
LCDFlight wrote:

This is done by most scumbag organizations on both the left and the right. Including among real estate tycoons in NYC, rest assured. Trump probably isn't even in the top 10 of that category. But, whatever. It is clearly tax evasion.

The reason a giant number of government prosecutors were dedicated to this is obviously political.


If that's so, isn't it better that some of them be prosecuted rather than none?


I would rather the law be applied normally without political reasons. Especially when control of the world is at stake.

The argument I am hearing is basically, the people who run NYC and Washington really hated Trump, so we need to make sure he is put in jail. Well, that is a slippery slope.
 
Virtual737
Posts: 1212
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:16 am

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:13 am

davidjohnson6 wrote:
It is indeed political....


I have no doubt that there are political ramifications, but that doesn't mean it is politically driven. You might rightly or wrongly say that the investigation wouldn't have happened if Trump himself wasn't such a "character", but even if true, he absolutely brought it upon himself.
 
T4thH
Posts: 1276
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:17 pm

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:58 pm

Seems it starts: The "Mafia" organization leaders get in trouble. "Omertà" or "Traitor"? Driving the train or thrown in front of it?
Top Trump Executive Allen Weisselberg Surrenders to Face Charges

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/01/nyregion/allen-weisselberg-charged-trump-organization.html
 
luckyone
Posts: 4043
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:10 pm

T4thH wrote:
Seems it starts: The "Mafia" organization leaders get in trouble. "Omertà" or "Traitor"? Driving the train or thrown in front of it?
Top Trump Executive Allen Weisselberg Surrenders to Face Charges

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/01/nyregion/allen-weisselberg-charged-trump-organization.html

Based on history, it would seem "omerta" is only a thing when there isn't something more powerful than the mafia. With enough pressure there's always a squealer.
 
ltbewr
Posts: 15805
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:48 pm

CEO Allen Weisselberg has already turned himself in early on Thursday, before the scheduled 2 PM announcement of the indictments likely on him, possibly other Trump Organization officials and the TO itself. https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/news/tr ... hp&pc=U531
Some here and elsewhere have implied that the investigations as to Trump and his businesses are 'political witch hunts'. I believe that Trump was so offensive in his personal self and as President that it encouraged investigations by news organizations like the NY Times into public records and found potential financial civil and criminal liability as to him and his companies that needed further investigation and actions by prosecutors.
 
wingman
Posts: 4173
Joined: Thu May 27, 1999 4:25 am

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:08 pm

ltbewr wrote:
CEO Allen Weisselberg has already turned himself in early on Thursday, before the scheduled 2 PM announcement of the indictments likely on him, possibly other Trump Organization officials and the TO itself. https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/news/tr ... hp&pc=U531
Some here and elsewhere have implied that the investigations as to Trump and his businesses are 'political witch hunts'. I believe that Trump was so offensive in his personal self and as President that it encouraged investigations by news organizations like the NY Times into public records and found potential financial civil and criminal liability as to him and his companies that needed further investigation and actions by prosecutors.


It's not hard to understand. Every single day for 4 years the President told the FBI, Dems, NY State, the CIA, DoD, China, France, NASA and every other conceivable party, person, country or organization that did not actively run its tongue up and own his jackboot to go eff themselves. People get offended by that, and when those people have investigative and prosecutorial powers they take notice and reprioritize their limited time and resources to focus on the person telling them what evil, socialist scumbags they are. Good, bad or ugly, everything that happens to Donald Trump and his family they alone bring upon themselves. The man is an utter piece of trash and his kids are just as bad. They represent, exclusively, the Republican Party and its core values today.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 18742
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:15 pm

ltbewr wrote:
CEO Allen Weisselberg has already turned himself in early on Thursday, before the scheduled 2 PM announcement of the indictments likely on him, possibly other Trump Organization officials and the TO itself. https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/news/tr ... hp&pc=U531
Some here and elsewhere have implied that the investigations as to Trump and his businesses are 'political witch hunts'. I believe that Trump was so offensive in his personal self and as President that it encouraged investigations by news organizations like the NY Times into public records and found potential financial civil and criminal liability as to him and his companies that needed further investigation and actions by prosecutors.

Trump is a poor man's Leona Helmsley, and she spent time in the clink for tax evasion after rubbing it in the face of the plebs famously saying "only the little people pay taxes". She was a nightmare human being too in the same vein of Trump.

Not much of a stretch to see history repeat itself.
 
ltbewr
Posts: 15805
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:35 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
ltbewr wrote:
CEO Allen Weisselberg has already turned himself in early on Thursday, before the scheduled 2 PM announcement of the indictments likely on him, possibly other Trump Organization officials and the TO itself. https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/news/tr ... hp&pc=U531
Some here and elsewhere have implied that the investigations as to Trump and his businesses are 'political witch hunts'. I believe that Trump was so offensive in his personal self and as President that it encouraged investigations by news organizations like the NY Times into public records and found potential financial civil and criminal liability as to him and his companies that needed further investigation and actions by prosecutors.

Trump is a poor man's Leona Helmsley, and she spent time in the clink for tax evasion after rubbing it in the face of the plebs famously saying "only the little people pay taxes". She was a nightmare human being too in the same vein of Trump.

Not much of a stretch to see history repeat itself.

Leona Helmsey was a jerk of the first degree. One thing that her criminal convictions meant was the suspension of liquor licenses of the hotels of the Helmsey group. Felony criminals generally cannot have liquor licenses in the USA states. It is possible that liquor licenses at Trump Organization [TO] hotels, golf clubs could be suspended by the state authorities where they are located (NJ, NY, FL, VA) as well as his VA winery if the TO or TO officers are indicted, more so if make a guilt plea deal or convicted. Losing the liquor licenses would badly hurt the revenue of Trump properties including bribe/campaign funding parties, weddings, etc. Couldn't be happier to see Trump being financially destroyed.
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 14754
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:47 pm

LCDFlight wrote:
Newark727 wrote:
LCDFlight wrote:

This is done by most scumbag organizations on both the left and the right. Including among real estate tycoons in NYC, rest assured. Trump probably isn't even in the top 10 of that category. But, whatever. It is clearly tax evasion.

The reason a giant number of government prosecutors were dedicated to this is obviously political.


If that's so, isn't it better that some of them be prosecuted rather than none?


I would rather the law be applied normally without political reasons. Especially when control of the world is at stake.

The argument I am hearing is basically, the people who run NYC and Washington really hated Trump, so we need to make sure he is put in jail. Well, that is a slippery slope.


Here is an idea : if you act illegally on a daily basis, don't run for office.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 13938
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:34 pm

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/c ... e/3135350/

15 Counts of Tax Fraud and Tax Evasion.

Something tells me, there are more charges coming for others , after reading the 15the count.

FIFTEENTH COUNT: AND THE GRAND JURY AFORESAID, by this indictment, further accusesthedefendants the Trump Corporation, d/b/a the Tramp Organization, and Allen Weisselberg of the crime of FALSIFYING BUSINESS RECORDS IN THE FIRST DEGREE, in violation of Penal Law § 175.10, committed as follows: The defendants the Trump Corporation, d/b/a the Trump Organization, and Allen ‘Weisselberg in the CountyofNew York and elsewhere, on or about September 2016, with the intent to defraud, altered, erased, obliterated, deleted, removed and destroyed a true entry in the business records of an enterprise, to wit, DonaldJ. Trump's Detail General Ledger, and defendants’ intent to defraud included an intent to commit another crime and to aid and conceal the commission thereof.
 
ltbewr
Posts: 15805
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:53 pm

casinterest wrote:
https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/trump-organization-charged-read-the-indictment-here/3135350/
15 Counts of Tax Fraud and Tax Evasion.

Something tells me, there are more charges coming for others , after reading the 15the count.
FIFTEENTH COUNT: AND THE GRAND JURY AFORESAID, by this indictment, further accusesthedefendants the Trump Corporation, d/b/a the Tramp Organization, and Allen Weisselberg of the crime of FALSIFYING BUSINESS RECORDS IN THE FIRST DEGREE, in violation of Penal Law § 175.10, committed as follows: The defendants the Trump Corporation, d/b/a the Trump Organization, and Allen ‘Weisselberg in the CountyofNew York and elsewhere, on or about September 2016, with the intent to defraud, altered, erased, obliterated, deleted, removed and destroyed a true entry in the business records of an enterprise, to wit, DonaldJ. Trump's Detail General Ledger, and defendants’ intent to defraud included an intent to commit another crime and to aid and conceal the commission thereof.


The Trump Organization [TO], certain parts of it and Allen Weisselberg were indicted for NY State tax fraud. The TO paid for an apartment for Weisselberg, leases on 2 M-B cars (for Allen and his wife), bonuses and other income where for over 15 years (2005-2016) NY State taxes were not properly reported or paid. Weisselberg also claims to not be a resident of NY State in that time although he was. Likely a lot of this info came from the financial disclosures in the divorce proceedings of the wife of Weisselberg's son, also a TO executive. She gave Grand Jury testimony as to the finances of her husband as well as Allen Weisselberg. This is all on paper or digital records. So a scorned woman is getting her revenge on her ex-husband and her ex-father in law by burning them over the untaxed excess compensation by the TO.
The 15th count could be more serious and hopefully take down the corporation entities. I don't know who is the CEO of the TO and its sub entities, but they may be next on the Grand Jury docket.
 
ThePointblank
Posts: 3829
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:39 pm

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:57 pm

The indictment is here:

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/ ... elberg.pdf

I count over a dozen charges of grand larceny, tax fraud, and falsifying business records for both Weisselberg and the Trump Organization.

Looks like the Manhattan DA threw the book at Weisselberg.
 
User avatar
ER757
Posts: 4242
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 10:16 am

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:08 pm

ThePointblank wrote:
The indictment is here:

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/ ... elberg.pdf

I count over a dozen charges of grand larceny, tax fraud, and falsifying business records for both Weisselberg and the Trump Organization.

Looks like the Manhattan DA threw the book at Weisselberg.

This should come as a complete shock to absolutely no one. Anyone with three working brain cells knew a long time ago that the whole Trump organization was a scam and a fraud and he was the definitive "emperor with no clothes." I truly hope this case goes to the very top of the organization, The Donald himself. As loathsome a person as has ever been in business in the USA
 
SL1200MK2
Posts: 218
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:00 pm

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:21 pm

It’s sort of like how if you’re pulled over for something minor, yet you have a load of drugs and guns in the trunk, you may not want to be a Richard to the cop. If so, they may pop you for the minor infraction. If you’re at the level of personality disorder that trump has, they’ll likely want to see what’s in the trunk.
 
johns624
Posts: 4056
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:31 pm

Trump's ego got him into this mess. If he had stayed a NY real estate magnate and unreality TV star, nobody would've investigated too deeply. When you run for office, become president and p*ss off a lot of people, it's different. Remember the old saying, "be nice to other people on the way up, because you'll meet them again on the way down"? Trump didn't.
 
LCDFlight
Posts: 1266
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:22 pm

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:47 pm

ThePointblank wrote:
The indictment is here:

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/ ... elberg.pdf

I count over a dozen charges of grand larceny, tax fraud, and falsifying business records for both Weisselberg and the Trump Organization.

Looks like the Manhattan DA threw the book at Weisselberg.


1.7 million in income that wasn't declared? I'm sorry. This is an IRS case that would not even make a local newspaper.

Former NY Gov Elliot Spitzer did the same thing. He was living in a fancy apartment owned by his real estate magnate father, without paying income or gift taxes on it. (Could not find the article sorry). This is just a normal shenanigan people get away with all the time.

Mis-labeling personal expenses as business expenses for tax purposes is something you will find at half the organizations in the country. I am actually stunned they didn't find anything amiss with Trump other than this. He must be more honest and a better bookkeeper than I ever imagined. I assumed there was a bunch of fraud there. This is nothing.
 
alfa164
Topic Author
Posts: 3983
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:08 pm

LCDFlight wrote:
[1.7 million in income that wasn't declared? I'm sorry. This is an IRS case that would not even make a local newspaper..


Really? 1.7 million? The only local newspaper that would ignore that when a local official cheats the government out of $1.7 million is called Pravda.


LCDFlight wrote:
Former NY Gov Elliot Spitzer did the same thing. He was living in a fancy apartment owned by his real estate magnate father, without paying income or gift taxes on it. (Could not find the article sorry). This is just a normal shenanigan people get away with all the time.


Living in daddy's apartment is a lot different than having your employer paying for something but not reporting it in your income taxes.


LCDFlight wrote:
Mis-labeling personal expenses as business expenses for tax purposes is something you will find at half the organizations in the country.


I am hoping you will report them to the appropriate government officials at your earliest opportunity. That sort of cheating is why the rest of us have to pay more taxes.


LCDFlight wrote:
I am actually stunned they didn't find anything amiss with Trump other than this. He must be more honest and a better bookkeeper than I ever imagined. I assumed there was a bunch of fraud there. This is nothing.


"Honest" and "Trump" are oxymorons. Sorry for your disappointment.
 
User avatar
OA412
Moderator
Posts: 4925
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2000 6:22 am

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:59 pm

johns624 wrote:
Trump's ego got him into this mess. If he had stayed a NY real estate magnate and unreality TV star, nobody would've investigated too deeply. When you run for office, become president and p*ss off a lot of people, it's different. Remember the old saying, "be nice to other people on the way up, because you'll meet them again on the way down"? Trump didn't.

This is the crux of the matter. His ego and stupidity (not to mention his family's stupidity) go the better of him. He would've just coasted by for the rest of his life. Instead, he wanted to run for president, clearly without realizing the full ramifications of being president and the scrutiny you fall under.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 16006
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:23 pm

LCDFlight wrote:
ThePointblank wrote:
The indictment is here:

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/ ... elberg.pdf

I count over a dozen charges of grand larceny, tax fraud, and falsifying business records for both Weisselberg and the Trump Organization.

Looks like the Manhattan DA threw the book at Weisselberg.


1.7 million in income that wasn't declared? I'm sorry. This is an IRS case that would not even make a local newspaper.

Former NY Gov Elliot Spitzer did the same thing. He was living in a fancy apartment owned by his real estate magnate father, without paying income or gift taxes on it. (Could not find the article sorry). This is just a normal shenanigan people get away with all the time.

Mis-labeling personal expenses as business expenses for tax purposes is something you will find at half the organizations in the country. I am actually stunned they didn't find anything amiss with Trump other than this. He must be more honest and a better bookkeeper than I ever imagined. I assumed there was a bunch of fraud there. This is nothing.


Are you forgetting their foundation was shut down by court order because it was stealing charity money from itself to pay TO legal bills? This stuff is just what the Manhattan GJ could charge. State and federal are looking into bigger stuff.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 14664
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:38 am

OA412 wrote:
johns624 wrote:
Trump's ego got him into this mess. If he had stayed a NY real estate magnate and unreality TV star, nobody would've investigated too deeply. When you run for office, become president and p*ss off a lot of people, it's different. Remember the old saying, "be nice to other people on the way up, because you'll meet them again on the way down"? Trump didn't.

This is the crux of the matter. His ego and stupidity (not to mention his family's stupidity) go the better of him. He would've just coasted by for the rest of his life. Instead, he wanted to run for president, clearly without realizing the full ramifications of being president and the scrutiny you fall under.


Mostly he didn´t realize that he may actually win, or plan to actually become president. Not even an acceptance speech was prepared, but one for losing. The whole run for office was a marketing campaign for his Brand.

best regards
Thomas
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 16006
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:25 pm

Yikes, have to echo this sentiment. How in the world is the TO legal team allowing the EVP to talk this way to any media that'll listen? He's making their case worse.

https://twitter.com/AndrewFeinberg/stat ... 29506?s=20

If these are indeed the type of perks he's talking about, they have to be declared. It's amazing how little his sons know despite being in 'business' for decades.
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 20121
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:35 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
It's amazing how little his sons know despite being in 'business' for decades.


The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Bigly.
 
extender
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:52 am

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:27 pm

They all lie. If you think Trump has a monopoly on that, you are fooling yourself. A point was made about ego. They are all ego maniacs to want the most powerful office. If there are right wing liars, there have to be left wing liars too.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 13938
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:34 pm

extender wrote:
They all lie. If you think Trump has a monopoly on that, you are fooling yourself. A point was made about ego. They are all ego maniacs to want the most powerful office. If there are right wing liars, there have to be left wing liars too.



So , we have had those threads. Why can't you involve yourself in the fact that a Man that is and always was a fraudulent liar , broke the law multiple times? Probably because it means none of his grand messages are based in any real reality other than manipulation of those that are willing to be manipulated?
 
tommy1808
Posts: 14664
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:39 pm

casinterest wrote:
extender wrote:
They all lie. If you think Trump has a monopoly on that, you are fooling yourself. A point was made about ego. They are all ego maniacs to want the most powerful office. If there are right wing liars, there have to be left wing liars too.



So , we have had those threads. Why can't you involve yourself in the fact that a Man that is and always was a fraudulent liar , broke the law multiple times? Probably because it means none of his grand messages are based in any real reality other than manipulation of those that are willing to be manipulated?


Logic dictates that there would not have been any need to try to blackmail Ukraine into making up criminal investigations if there had been anything to be found domestically. Even something to justify an investigation, not even indictments or convictions.

Best regards
Thomas
 
User avatar
OA412
Moderator
Posts: 4925
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2000 6:22 am

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:17 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
OA412 wrote:
johns624 wrote:
Trump's ego got him into this mess. If he had stayed a NY real estate magnate and unreality TV star, nobody would've investigated too deeply. When you run for office, become president and p*ss off a lot of people, it's different. Remember the old saying, "be nice to other people on the way up, because you'll meet them again on the way down"? Trump didn't.

This is the crux of the matter. His ego and stupidity (not to mention his family's stupidity) go the better of him. He would've just coasted by for the rest of his life. Instead, he wanted to run for president, clearly without realizing the full ramifications of being president and the scrutiny you fall under.


Mostly he didn´t realize that he may actually win, or plan to actually become president. Not even an acceptance speech was prepared, but one for losing. The whole run for office was a marketing campaign for his Brand.

best regards
Thomas

Absolutely! That was abundantly clear. And to think 70 million Americans wanted round 2…
 
johns624
Posts: 4056
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:27 pm

OA412 wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
OA412 wrote:
This is the crux of the matter. His ego and stupidity (not to mention his family's stupidity) go the better of him. He would've just coasted by for the rest of his life. Instead, he wanted to run for president, clearly without realizing the full ramifications of being president and the scrutiny you fall under.


Mostly he didn´t realize that he may actually win, or plan to actually become president. Not even an acceptance speech was prepared, but one for losing. The whole run for office was a marketing campaign for his Brand.

best regards
Thomas

Absolutely! That was abundantly clear. And to think 70 million Americans wanted round 2…
That's because the idiots thought he was "one of them". At the time, I worked as a manager in a large gun shop. I was the only non-Trumper there. They all raved about "he says what's on his mind and doesn't care". I replied, "I do that all the time and you think I'm an azzhole". We even had a Trump rally there with his son Eric. I was swamped doing receiving that day and never even bothered to walk up front to see him. That made everyone happy. Remember, they were afraid of my loose mouth...
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 18742
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:21 pm

ltbewr wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
ltbewr wrote:
CEO Allen Weisselberg has already turned himself in early on Thursday, before the scheduled 2 PM announcement of the indictments likely on him, possibly other Trump Organization officials and the TO itself. https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/news/tr ... hp&pc=U531
Some here and elsewhere have implied that the investigations as to Trump and his businesses are 'political witch hunts'. I believe that Trump was so offensive in his personal self and as President that it encouraged investigations by news organizations like the NY Times into public records and found potential financial civil and criminal liability as to him and his companies that needed further investigation and actions by prosecutors.

Trump is a poor man's Leona Helmsley, and she spent time in the clink for tax evasion after rubbing it in the face of the plebs famously saying "only the little people pay taxes". She was a nightmare human being too in the same vein of Trump.

Not much of a stretch to see history repeat itself.

Leona Helmsey was a jerk of the first degree. One thing that her criminal convictions meant was the suspension of liquor licenses of the hotels of the Helmsey group. Felony criminals generally cannot have liquor licenses in the USA states. It is possible that liquor licenses at Trump Organization [TO] hotels, golf clubs could be suspended by the state authorities where they are located (NJ, NY, FL, VA) as well as his VA winery if the TO or TO officers are indicted, more so if make a guilt plea deal or convicted. Losing the liquor licenses would badly hurt the revenue of Trump properties including bribe/campaign funding parties, weddings, etc. Couldn't be happier to see Trump being financially destroyed.


Giuliani put her in jail :rotfl:
Rudy Giuliani sent Trump business rival Leona Helmsley to prison for tax fraud
https://theweek.com/donald-trump/100222 ... -tax-fraud
 
ltbewr
Posts: 15805
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:24 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
ltbewr wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Trump is a poor man's Leona Helmsley, and she spent time in the clink for tax evasion after rubbing it in the face of the plebs famously saying "only the little people pay taxes". She was a nightmare human being too in the same vein of Trump.

Not much of a stretch to see history repeat itself.

Leona Helmsey was a jerk of the first degree. One thing that her criminal convictions meant was the suspension of liquor licenses of the hotels of the Helmsey group. Felony criminals generally cannot have liquor licenses in the USA states. It is possible that liquor licenses at Trump Organization [TO] hotels, golf clubs could be suspended by the state authorities where they are located (NJ, NY, FL, VA) as well as his VA winery if the TO or TO officers are indicted, more so if make a guilt plea deal or convicted. Losing the liquor licenses would badly hurt the revenue of Trump properties including bribe/campaign funding parties, weddings, etc. Couldn't be happier to see Trump being financially destroyed.


Giuliani put her in jail :rotfl:
Rudy Giuliani sent Trump business rival Leona Helmsley to prison for tax fraud
https://theweek.com/donald-trump/100222 ... -tax-fraud


Isn't that ironic Rudy got a conviction on crooks like Helmsley but then worked for a bigger crook in Trump.
 
johns624
Posts: 4056
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Trump Organization and CFO Expected to be Charged Tomorrow

Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:06 pm

ltbewr wrote:

Isn't that ironic Rudy got a conviction on crooks like Helmsley but then worked for a bigger crook in Trump.
That's what happens when you lose your moral compass.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dmg626 and 29 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos