Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

highliner2
Topic Author

AA Cuts At STL

Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:25 pm

Is AA axing AmericanConnection service from STL as part of their cuts? I'd hate for Marion, IL KMWA to lose their service since its close to where I go to school at SIUC.
Go Cubs!

RE: AA Cuts At STL

Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:28 pm

AX service will be reduced. Plug your city into AA.com's schedules and you'll find out if your flight(s) is effected.

American 767

Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:37 pm

I don't know what flights out of STL they are going to cut but it's obvious STL won't be a hub anymore. Out of STL, American will probably just have domestic flights to their large hubs and those main points in the system: DFW, ORD, MIA, JFK, LGA, BOS, LAX and SJC. I'm not sure about American Connection, I have no idea where they'll continue offering service to, perhaps they'll fly STL-ORD on a daily basis, I hope for you that your city won't get affected by the major cuts announced. I think you'll see just MD-80's, 757's and ERJ's at STL.

Ben Soriano
Brussels Belgium
Ben Soriano

atrude777

Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:40 pm

Hey!! I am also from Carbondale.

I am scheduled to fly out of Marion August 29th. I know for a fact that Marion will not lose commercial service as because even if American Airlines drops the contract to fly under American Connection, Corporate Airlines will still fly it as it is a government route I believe.

Alex.
Good things come to those who wait, better things come to those who go AFTER it!

AIR757200

Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:45 pm

Service route changes on Nov. 1 are (should be still) posted on AMR Corp's site.. amrcorp.com

timf

Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:46 pm

For the most part, any American Connection service discontinued at St. Louis will move to Chicago. On the same day they announced the cutbacks at St. Louis, they announced quite a bit of new service from Chicago. The whole plan behind the St. Louis cutbacks is to maintain non-stop service for cities with an O&D demand and move connecting services to Chicago or Dallas. Regardless, nothing happens until November 1.

SegmentKing

Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:59 pm

None of 3C's flights (Corporate Airlines) were cut. they will maintain their present schedules.

-n
~ ~ ~ ~ pRoFeSsIoNaL hUrRiCaNe DoDgEr ~ ~ ~ ~

Thu Aug 14, 2003 12:26 am

All cities but one who would otherwise lose all service with the STL cut gain Chicago service. South Bend, Indiana is the only city losing American completely.

Lincoln, Moline, Sioux Falls will gain Chicago non-stops, however lose their overall number of seats per day. For example, Lincoln goes from five to three flights a day, and gains AA service on a route United already flies multiple CRJ's.

atrude777

Thu Aug 14, 2003 12:37 am

IF and I said IF MWA were to lose that service to MWA, would they get regional jet service to ORD? Because I just can't see a PROP making its way on a 45-1 hour flight all the to ORD. Because, I think it would be cool to have a jet service to MWA!! even if it means flying all the way to ORD. and it would make a nice hcnage for when I go spotting at MWA.

Alex.
Good things come to those who wait, better things come to those who go AFTER it!

Thu Aug 14, 2003 12:47 am

IF and I said IF MWA were to lose that service to MWA, would they get regional jet service to ORD? Because I just can't see a PROP making its way on a 45-1 hour flight all the to ORD.

Marion would not get regional jet service to ORD. Corporate barely flies people on the Jetstreams. The regional jets certainly wouldn't operate at a good cost level off of the subsidy alone. The subsidy for service to STL will exist even if American's hub closes out, unless Corporate or another carrier applies to transfer service to another hub city.

Because, I think it would be cool to have a jet service to MWA!! even if it means flying all the way to ORD. and it would make a nice hcnage for when I go spotting at MWA.

You need to realize that airlines do things for monetary reasons. They do not start service just because "it would be cool" or to make your spotting activities more colorful. As explained in the post below, Marion is lucky to even have the 19-seaters to St. Louis:
https://www.airliners.net/discussions/general_aviation/read.main/1160694/

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos