Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

jfkaua
Topic Author

Progress On JFK Terminal 8

Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:43 am

Hey I was looking at this here...

New Terminal

I will be going through T8 this summer and I was wondering is it almost done.. or what parts are done. It says its predicted to be done by 2006 and the mock-ups certainly look really good. So what parts are done so far... are there any photos of it?

Thanks

NYC777

RE: Progress On JFK Terminal 8

Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:19 am

I think that's a little outdated. They are not going to have the regional jet gates anymore as they greatly reduced the commuter ops to/from JFK. The mid-field concourse is done and will open within 6 months. They're constructing the left (west side) of the terminal and then they'll work on the east (right) side of the terminal. I think the entire thing should be done by 2008.

Is there anyone else out there who can give a little bit more insight as well as a final artist rendering of the revised configuration of the new terminal?
That which does not kill me makes me stronger.

STT757

Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:24 am

There will be 37 gates instead of the originaly envisioned 55, the first sections should start opening by late '05 or Early '06. As mentioned the entire project should be open by '08.

They have removed Eagle's 18 gates from the plan, that website's information is about 4 years old. The project's work has been slowed and scaled back from the ambitious 1999 plan to meet the current enviroment, (ie Jetblue competition and depressed market conditions).

[Edited 2005-01-28 02:27:48]
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757

AA787

Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:48 am

The midfield concourse is supposed to open in April with most flights departing from there (all of the domestic) intl. arrivals will still use the junky T8. After T9 is vacated the new main concourse will be built in that direction and the main terminal will be extended. After that happens around 2007 the same process will take place on the T8 side.

So, unless you're planning on going through T8 in 2008-09, I doubt you will arrive in the new space.

Sorry!
AA787

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos