Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

hush-kit
Topic Author

Any AB3 On Regular Basis Transatlantic?

Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:01 am

Hi folks, just would like to know if any A300 (all series, pax and or/only cargo) currently fly transatlantic on a regular and non-charter basis, means scheduled flights. I know AA used A300 some years ago maily for flights from the northeast to the UK, but they withdraw the AB3 from these routes. Thanks, Chris

[Edited 2007-01-03 18:02:39]

cedarjet

RE: Any AB3 On Regular Basis Transatlantic?

Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:06 am

Here's one, off the top of my head.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Justin Idle
View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Justin Idle

Olympic were going to start ATH-MAN-BOS a few years back with the A300-600R, that would have been a great flight. I like Olympic for it's old style vibes, and giving Manchester a Boston nonstop would have been cool too. Don't know why it didn't happen. It may even have operated an inaugural, if not, it wasn't long before starting that they pulled it.
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz

A342

Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:07 am

I don't know if they still do it, but Monarch flew theirs to Florida (with a fuel stop), until recently at least. But I'm sure our British friends can tell you more on that one.

Edit: Yeah, Cedarjet was faster than me !

[Edited 2007-01-03 18:09:12]
Exceptions confirm the rule.

LTU330

Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:18 am

I think the reason that Olympic did not start the ATH-MAN-BOS could have been something to do with the Airline not having ETOPS approval. At least that was the rumour when I worked at MAN.

OA260

Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:46 am

Quoting Cedarjet (Reply 1):
I like Olympic for it's old style vibes

Me too mate !! Hence my handle and I used to work for them . I love OA. It is a shame this MAN-BOS never went ahead and to be honest I dont know if it did operate any services!! I think not though but I do know that it was loaded into the computer reservations system because I remember looking at it.

Like others have said may have not had permission to fly twin engines across the pond but who knows.

10th February 2000 Article in Hellenic Post

Excert'' In the framework of its summer programme that will start on March 15th, Olympic Airways has announced its new flights Athens-Tehran,
Athens-Manchester, Manchester-Boston and direct flights from Thessaloniki to 8 destinations in Europe. Also, the flight Athens-Benghaz will operate again. ''

'

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos