Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

bananaboy
Topic Author

EZY Flight Returns To EMA...

Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:26 am

BBC R5 just reporting an EZY flight to FAO from EMA returned to the airport to make an "emergency landing" as it had a problem with pressurisation system.

Nothing on BBC or EMA website yet....

Mark
All my life, I've been kissing, your top lip 'cause your bottom one's missing

emalad

RE: EZY Flight Returns To EMA...

Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:39 am

Not heard amything either, hope everything is ok.

Any more details? Which aircraft is it?

emalad

Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:44 am

An aircraft carrying 114 passengers has made an emergency landing at East Midlands Airport.
The Easyjet plane, which was travelling to Faro, turned around shortly after taking off from the airport after reporting problems with cabin pressure.

Fire crews and ambulances were put on standby but the aircraft landed safety just after 0630 GMT.

A spokesman from Leicestershire Fire Service said no-one on board was injured during the incident.

Engineers are carrying out checks on the plane.

(From BBC Radio Derby Website)

Noticed from the EMA website that EZY6577 to Rome is delayed by 2 hours. Does this have anything to do with the emergency landing?

EZYAirbus

Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:45 am

Quoting EMAlad (Reply 2):
Noticed from the EMA website that EZY6577 to Rome is delayed by 2 hours. Does this have anything to do with the emergency landing?

Due to the emergency landing the passengers were probably put onto a different aircraft i.e the aircraft due to fly to Rome, as a result the Rome will now probably operate on the aircraft that was attempted to go to Faro, its prob just a small delay to try find the problem with the aircraft and to correct it

Glenn
http://www.glenneldridgeaviation.com

emalad

Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:45 pm

Looking at the EMA website there are a few delays to all EZY flights tonight, more substantial on the Rome arrival.

How many A319s do they operate out of EMA? I suppose if 1 is down then everything else goes to pot!

I have been on G-EZAT, which others ones are at EMA? Does anyone know which one had the problem?

ACEregular

Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:58 pm

G-EZEF pushed back and departed at 0609 and returned to EMA at 0654. The CIA bound A319 then took the passengers to FAO departing at 0850 and arriving in FAO at 1128. The a/c used was G-EZEK. A B737-700 from LTN with a full crew was positioned to EMA and they commenced the EMA-CIA-EMA rotations on G-EZJX, departing around two hours late.

emalad

Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:42 pm

Wow that was good of Easyjet to send up a 737 from Luton. Is the A319 still grounded?

Orion737

Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:01 pm

Was an emergency evacuation carried out? i suspect not if it was just pressurisation problems. I must say pressurisation problems are my biggest fear ever since Helios crash

bmiEMA19

Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:58 am

There was no emergency evacuation carried out, the aircraft simply taxied in after landing straight down to the new pier down the far end near the hangars. There seemed to be rather a lot of police cars arrive for the emergency so I was rather puzzled what was going on. As soon as the aircraft landed though everything seemed to calm down rarther rapidly.

They have 3 A319's based at EMA!