scouseflyer

RE: Final Hours For Kingfisher?

Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:30 am

Quoting aeroblogger (Reply 149):
DN was a massive problem for Kingfisher - the purchase meant that Kingfisher inherited a lot of debt which it couldn't afford. More importantly, buying DN meant that DN's cost structure went from that of an LCC to closer to pre-merger IT levels. They could not compete with true LCCs on price because their costs were too high.

Sorry my mistake, I always understood that the DN was the best bit of the group

HAWK21M

Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:05 am

So whats the update on the proposed Investor.....
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

CaptainKramer

Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:02 pm

We can all make a contribution to keeping VJ's airline afloat, drink more of his beer!  

aeroblogger

Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:25 pm

Quoting CaptainKramer (Reply 152):
We can all make a contribution to keeping VJ's airline afloat, drink more of his beer!

Makes no difference - brewery/airline are completely separate businesses.

Quoting HAWK21M (Reply 151):
So whats the update on the proposed Investor.....

Any potential investor right now has rocks for brains and too much $$
Airports 2012: IXE HYD DEL BLR BOM CCU KNU KTM BKK SIN ICN LAX BUR SFO PHX IAH ORD EWR PHL PVD BOS FRA MUC IST

cricket

Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:25 pm

This just in...
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/govt-may-...cence-summons-mallya/240718-7.html
this is becoming comical right now....
been there, flown that

flyboy_se

Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:45 pm

IT has been suspended from IATA clearing house (ICH), which provides settling of interline accounts between airlines. Also they are suspended from billing and settlement plan (BSP). This is not good news for the airline at all.
( BSP is a system designed to facilitate and simplify the selling, reporting and remitting procedures of IATA Accredited Passenger Sales Agents, as well as improve financial control and cash flow for BSP Airlines.

I really hope they survive.
I prefer to be crazy and happy rather than normal and bitter

sq_ek_freak

Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:24 pm

Quoting ThomasCook (Reply 126):

Todays IT001 arrived into LHR as scheduled, IT002 has been cancelled.
Quoting aeroblogger (Reply 149):
DN was a massive problem for Kingfisher - the purchase meant that Kingfisher inherited a lot of debt which it couldn't afford. More importantly, buying DN meant that DN's cost structure went from that of an LCC to closer to pre-merger IT levels. They could not compete with true LCCs on price because their costs were too high.

Was the primary reason they bought Deccan was to obtain their international flying rights so they could start flying internationally quicker given that Indian government rule of having to fly five years domestically before being able to fly international?
Keep Discovering

aeroblogger

Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:46 pm

Quoting sq_ek_freak (Reply 156):

Was the primary reason they bought Deccan was to obtain their international flying rights so they could start flying internationally quicker given that Indian government rule of having to fly five years domestically before being able to fly international?

Was it a contributing reason? Definitely. I cringe at describing it as the "primary reason" though - it's a lot more complex than that...

Quoting flyboy_se (Reply 155):

I really hope they survive.

Why? So that they can keep dragging the rest of the Indian sector down? India is suffering from overcapacity - IT going down will help solve this problem.

Quoting Cricket (Reply 154):
This just in...
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/govt-may-...cence-summons-mallya/240718-7.html

It's not becoming comical... It always was.
Airports 2012: IXE HYD DEL BLR BOM CCU KNU KTM BKK SIN ICN LAX BUR SFO PHX IAH ORD EWR PHL PVD BOS FRA MUC IST

NYC777

Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:39 pm

When Vijay Mallya claimed that the A346 was more fuel efficient than the 77W, you knew where his airline was headed. Such talking out of your ass indicates that he does not know how to run an airline.
That which does not kill me makes me stronger.

lightsaber

Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:22 am

Quoting Cricket (Reply 154):

I wouldn't call people losing their jobs comical... more a tragedy. And not even one well written by the bard...

The headline: "Kingfisher crisis: Govt summons Mallya, may cancel licence" ouch.

Maybe I'm being of the wrong attitude, coworkers, some with young kids, were laid off today.   Necessary, but I will take no joy in anyone losing a job.

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

CaptainKramer

Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:30 am

I was out at Heathrow on Monday the 19th of March. I saw Kingfisher's A330-200 VT VJN parked near the BMI hanger over at runway 27R, it had plain white sissor lift trucks parked at the front and rear exits. Then at 17:31 Kingfisher A330-200 VT VJP flew in, got her best side, with the camera as she landed - at sunset!!! Bad omen or what.

PezySPU

Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:40 pm

Quoting NYC777 (Reply 158):
When Vijay Mallya claimed that the A346 was more fuel efficient than the 77W, you knew where his airline was headed. Such talking out of your ass indicates that he does not know how to run an airline.

To be honest, it doesn't really have to mean anything. He could have just said that to a bunch of journalists, shareholders or anyone else, for whichever reason, just to make a point... Ever heard of the saying: "How do you tell when an airline executive is lying? His lips are moving."   

That said, I do think 77W is the better aircraft and that Mallya is a poor airline manager.

Cipango

Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:15 pm

Quoting PezySPU (Reply 161):
That said, I do think 77W is the better aircraft and that Mallya is a poor airline manager.

IT had an A345, an aircraft that is known for not being the most efficient out there, on routes between India and London?!

It was no wonder they quickly got rid of them.
Let's fly! Unless it's on a CRJ 200, then I'll stay down here.

TheBigOne

Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:33 pm

Quoting cipango (Reply 162):
IT had an A345, an aircraft that is known for not being the most efficient out there, on routes between India and London?!

IT never actually took delivery of the A345. All of their flights to and from LHR have been operated by the A332.
Reach for the stars - they are closer than you think!

aeroblogger

Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:44 am

IT's 5 star rating has been suspended by SkyTrax. Looks like they forgot to mail yet another check...

lightsaber

Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:48 am

Quoting aeroblogger (Reply 164):
Looks like they forgot to mail yet another check...

They didn't forget, the account was frozen.   
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

jayeshrulz

Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:08 pm

Quoting cipango (Reply 162):

It was no wonder they quickly got rid of them.

They were planning to open BLR-SFO. But seeing that even 9W failed SFO via Shanghai, they back out and sold the A345 for a deep loss.

I think IT will survive. And no, the pilots aren't jobless. Go Air and Indigo have absorbed most of the pilots, and others have moved on to EK and SQ FWIK. Two of my BLR based IT friends moved on to EK. One is now typerating on 777 . Other got absorbed by Indigo within two weeks. Flat. So i think the situation is not actually bad, its just bad for fresh CPL holders. Experienced pilots in IT or any airline in India can get hired  

[Edited 2012-03-21 07:09:00]
Keep flying, because the sky is no limit!

sq_ek_freak

Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:58 pm

Quoting jayeshrulz (Reply 166):
And no, the pilots aren't jobless. Go Air and Indigo have absorbed most of the pilots, and others have moved on to EK and SQ FWIK. Two of my BLR based IT friends moved on to EK. One is now typerating on 777 . Other got absorbed by Indigo within two weeks. Flat. So i think the situation is not actually bad, its just bad for fresh CPL holders. Experienced pilots in IT or any airline in India can get hired

And speaking for cabin crew, I've come across a few ex IT (and 9W for that matter) crew at EK and they've told me they have friends who have gone on to QR as well.
Keep Discovering

ScottB

Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:27 pm

Quoting lightsaber (Reply 159):
I wouldn't call people losing their jobs comical... more a tragedy.

I'd say job losses are tragic if the job holders had been getting paid. Unfortunately, Kingfisher employees seem to be working for free at this time.

HAWK21M

Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:32 am

Quoting jayeshrulz (Reply 166):

I think IT will survive. And no, the pilots aren't jobless

Looks tough.....They need to shut & restart at a later date unless the Investor magically arrives.The losses are mounted daily.

cricket

Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:51 pm

The only 'assets' Kingfisher has are slots; and Mallya is doing his darndest to hold onto them - BOM in particular where Kingfisher has lots of great peak-hour slots.
And they still keep flying and there are people willing to fly on Kingfisher, load factors, though the weakest among all carriers is still not too bad. I just wonder how!
been there, flown that

blr380

Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:45 pm

More troubles for the ailing Kingfisher...

http://www.rediff.com/business/repor...-to-state-owned-banks/20120326.htm

Interesting to note that: Replying to a query on whether SBI has any proposal to extend a financial lifeline to Kingfisher, Meena said," State Bank of India, leader of the consortium of lenders, has informed that no such lifeline has been extended to Kingfisher Airlines Ltd by them during the current financial year."

Wonder how long this show can continue

cricket

Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:52 pm

Interesting, a friend just met with someone senior from American Express India, and since I'm an AmEx-KF Firset co-brand cardholder, I asked her to ask them what will happen to my miles. She told me that the guy just shut up and refused to say much. As much as I like AmEx, I need to know that my reward points will be protected.
been there, flown that

HAWK21M

Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:53 pm

Quoting Cricket (Reply 172):
I need to know that my reward points will be protected.

Seems tough if KF closes shop....

Vimanav

Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:10 pm

Quoting Cricket (Reply 172):
As much as I like AmEx, I need to know that my reward points will be protected

Cricket... i'm afraid your points have gone for a toss (double entendre intended). Sorry, couldn't resist that one.   

brgds Vimanav
Sarfaroshi kii tamannaa ab hamaare dil mein hai, Dekhnaa hai zor kitnaa baazu-e-qaatil mein hai

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos