Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

GSPFlyer
Topic Author

Where To Find Pdew Data?

Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:56 pm

Is there a website where I can find reliable PDEW data for specific routes? I searched the forum (and Google) and found threads with links, but the links no longer worked. If possible, I would like to be able to see both domestic and international data.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

tdscanuck

RE: Where To Find Pdew Data?

Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:36 pm

Quoting GSPflyer (Thread starter):
Is there a website where I can find reliable PDEW data for specific routes?

For US, you can get it from the T100 data on the BTS website:
http://www.transtats.bts.gov/Tables....riers&DB_Short_Name=Air%20Carriers

For international, there is no rigorous way because nobody else has the level of public data capture that US DOT does, and they don't share.

Tom.

RushmoreAir

Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:03 pm

Also for USA, check out Table 6 of the Domestic Airfare Report - it contains PDEW, avg fare, and carrier market share for all city pairs (not just non-stop/direct) with at least 10 PDEW.

http://www.dot.gov/policy/aviation-p...stic-airline-fares-consumer-report
NW UA DL F9 CO WN LO QF FI AC MU CA EU LH LX DY B6 AA HA NZ MW HU U2 SK AF EK IB HX WS G4 AZ IG 4B

The views and opinions as expressed in this post are entirely my own and are not those of my employer, Hawaiian Airlines, Inc

point2point

Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:28 pm

Quoting RushmoreAir (Reply 2):
Also for USA, check out Table 6 of the Domestic Airfare Report - it contains PDEW, avg fare, and carrier market share for all city pairs (not just non-stop/direct) with at least 10 PDEW.

http://www.dot.gov/policy/aviation-p...stic-airline-fares-consumer-report

This is a good site, and Table 6 just list city-pairs once, so for example if your looking for e.g. ATL-OKC, then whether you find the info under ATL, or OKC, there it is. Also, in Table 6, metro areas are listed and combine airports. I believe that the NYC region has the pax numbers for JFK, EWR, LGA, ISP, HPN, and SWF added together as one, while the Washington DC area has BWI, DCA and IAD. I think that in addition to those two, Boston, Cleveland, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Tampa, Miami, and Norfolk/Newport News are all combined, and I believe that I listed them all here. I'm wondering if the Phoenix area will soon combine as well?

Anyway, to view the breakdown of airports within a combined area as I listed above, Table 1a gives this breakdown.

May this all help.

GSPFlyer
Topic Author

Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:52 pm

The links you all posted really helped. Thanks all!