skipness1E
Topic Author

Saudia's HZ-AKF

Mon May 06, 2013 2:44 am

Was this aircraft ever an airline regular or has it always been with the Royal Flight. planespotters.net lists it as a standard three class configuration but it seems to always fly with a SVA7000 callsign.

777way

RE: Saudia's HZ-AKF

Mon May 06, 2013 2:55 am

There are no 777s with SVRF, none ordered either, they pull them from passenger fleet it seems, no data sites list any with the Royal division or in govt. use ever.

[Edited 2013-05-05 20:09:14]

skipness1E
Topic Author

Mon May 06, 2013 3:12 am

Yes I know that, however this aircraft appears to be dedicated to VIP flights. My question is, has it ever operated commercially for Saudia as the only times I have come across it, it has been operating on VIP business. Also the libhomeradar database does not show it operating regular services.
Actually I believe they used one of the B744s exclusively as well, even though it was in sequence as HZ-AIZ.
Anyone know?

[Edited 2013-05-05 20:13:26]

777way

Mon May 06, 2013 3:37 am

I wonder why they don't shift it to Royal fleet as they did more recently an MD-90.

rutankrd

Mon May 06, 2013 9:01 am

Quoting skipness1E (Reply 2):

Yes I know that, however this aircraft appears to be dedicated to VIP flights. My question is, has it ever operated commercially for Saudia as the only times I have come across it, it has been operating on VIP business. Also the libhomeradar database does not show it operating regular services.

Its is used for Saudia charters usually moving government employees royal support staff and pilgrim groups.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Simon Willson - AirTeamImages

Saudia also had a mad dog dedicated to these operations until recently - think that was HZ-APF

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos