LJ

RE: BeNeLux Aviation # 6

Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:57 pm

Quoting blueflyer (Reply 147):

L'Echo is usually well-informed, but I can't help but wonder what's wrong with MAD?

There is a Belgian trade mission in Brazil right now, thus though MAD may be an option, it's not going to be mentioned in the article.

Quoting blueflyer (Reply 147):
TAM is to enter into negotiations with airport authorities to open three non-stop flights between BRU and GIG, GRU and BSB. According to L'Echo, TAM is looking for a new "Northern European hub" with connections to FRA, TXL, TLV and PEK. If the negotiations are successful, flights will begin next year.

One wonders if this will be a good idea given the current state of the Brazillean economy and competition (CA to PEK).

Quoting tomcat (Reply 149):
Is there actually any non-stop flight between BRU and South America?

No direct flights between South America and Brussels.

Quoting tomcat (Reply 149):
It's not that the demand is high for South America but there are maybe some opportunities to be picked.

There is ample competition on BRU-TLV, BRU-TXL and BRU-PEK. It's doubtfull JJ can live from connecting traffic only and I doubt that tehre is much O&D between BRU and BSB.

tomcat

Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:45 pm

Quoting LJ (Reply 150):
There is ample competition on BRU-TLV, BRU-TXL and BRU-PEK. It's doubtfull JJ can live from connecting traffic only and I doubt that tehre is much O&D between BRU and BSB.

I agree that I don't really see the point for JJ to establish some sort of scissor hub in BRU. What I had in mind is that JJ, by flying BRU-GRU a few times per week, could gain a descent market share of the tiny Belgium South America market. That's all.

As for establishing a scissor hub in Europe (which seems a strange idea to me), JJ might just be bringing BRU in the picture to get a better deal at MAD. BRU actually just lost 9W, so they might be very accommodating for any potential long haul newcomer.

blueflyer

Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:17 pm

Quoting factsonly (Reply 148):
LUX airport reports record growth for 1st Quarter 2016:

It is impressive indeed. Is it mostly organic growth or as a result of ETZ being closed until yesterday? I noticed some airlines moved their flights to LUX during the closure.

Quoting LJ (Reply 150):

That is why I was wondering whether TAM wouldn't be better served by directing its flights to MAD and let its alliance partners handle connections from there. I'm sure they know what they are doing, but I don't get it...
All Hail King Donald

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos