Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

EuroPL
Topic Author

Need Flight YYZ-FLL Or BUF-FLL?

Mon May 11, 2009 12:57 pm

Hey Guys,

I want to go on a Western Caribbean Cruise with my family, and I looking for some cheap flghts. Since this is Anet, you guys are probably much better than me finding an inexpensive flight. I would love to fly direct, but sometimes its impossible (I think only WN serves BUF direct). The dates I am looking for at are: leaving YYZ or BUF (dont mind the 1.5 hour drive) arriving before 1pm on August 29th 2009 in FLL, and the return on the 6th of September departure from FLL must be 10am or later. Also if need be, I do not mind flying into MIA.
Thanks for your help in Advance.
-EuroPL

Gatorman96

RE: Need Flight YYZ-FLL Or BUF-FLL?

Mon May 11, 2009 3:51 pm

Try www.kayak.com

It compiles the cheapest flights from websites such as Orbitz, Travelocity, etc., and even the airlines website itself. I'm at work so I can't really do the search for you at the moment, but this site makes it very easy. Have a good trip!

petteri

Mon May 11, 2009 6:58 pm

A quick kayak.com search yields the following for YYZ-MIA:

Best fare:$439.00 on AA
YYZ-MIA-YYZ (non stop flights)

BUF-FLL-BUF
Best fare:$255.00 on FL (one stop in ATL both ways)
The above comments are my personal comments and in no way should be viewed as the views,policy or statements of JetBlue

EuroPL
Topic Author

Tue May 12, 2009 1:38 am

Thanks for the responses. I will still keep looking.
-EuroPL

thegman

Tue May 12, 2009 3:12 am

JetBlue does BUF-FLL.

PI4EVER

Tue May 12, 2009 1:53 pm

EuroPL:
I checked AC from YYZ-FLL for a good comparison. Their nonstop flights are timed the best, but RT "Tango Plus" with free baggage allowance is a whopping $609.45CAD per person. WestJet does not fly from FLL on 9/6.
So comparison's from BUF include WN (via MCO connection) $322.40 USD, US (via CLT or PHL) $294, B6 (via JFK) $400.40, FL (via ATL) $255.40, DL (via ATL) $280.
A couple things I would recommend if you are flying the same day your ship sails. Fly earliest flight with minimum connections or via easy airports. Recruit family to cut back on what they think they'll need to carry to reduce checked baggage. It is hot in FL and Caribbean in Aug/Sep - pack light clothing! If sailing from FLL, purchase transfers from cruise line or use taxi from airport - cruise port close by. If flying into FLL but sailing same day from MIA - purchase cruise line transfers only. Don't book a flight from FLL earlier than 1200noon if you are flying back the same day ship returns to port. You must allow time to clear ship, transport to airport and check-in. If same day travel as ship docking, remember a bunch from your ship will be at airport too. Very busy check-in and security on cruise days.
Your travel dates are for 8 days so I assume you're spending the night in the FLL area either coming or going if you're on a 7 day cruise.
Taking all this into consideration, my personal recommendation would be the WN flights from BUF. Early morning departure/connection via MCO and the 1235pm return connection via BWI or the 1 stop direct flight (a bit higher fare) at 325pm from FLL. No bag fees, easy connection in MCO, and WN is spot on for originator flights to depart on time, and baggage transfer in MCO almost guaranteed. A couple pointers about your cruise as well:
At baggage claim you'll meet the cruise line rep if you buy transfers from them , or take bags and proceed to taxi stand. Get to cruise port for check-in as early and quickly as you can. You'll clear on to ship quickly, and you can eat lunch and tour the ship while your cabin is prepared. Baggage will be delivered to your cabin.
On return to port, use express "walk off" service carrying your own bags and proceed to airport or hotel. It will get you off the ship early and avoids the "herding" element of getting off the ship and baggage claim on the pier.
If not already mentioned to you, request late seating for dinner on ship. Will maximize time for your shore excursions. You don't have to "dress up" every night, so highly recommend dining room service for the family at dinner. You're on vacation - be waited on. You can eat at a buffet at home!
I hope this info is helpful. Have a great trip!
Thomas
watch what you want. you may get it.

KBUF

Thu May 14, 2009 12:40 am

This thread might be of some assistance: https://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...ms/aviation_polls/read.main/37524/

Also, I found a BUF-FLL flight (with a stop at JFK) on B6 for $79. Same for the return.

fly2yyz

Sun May 17, 2009 7:38 pm

I'm not sure if its too late but I believe that Sunwing and Transat were offering some darn pretty good deals from YYZ-FLL.... you should check them out too!

StarAC17

Sun May 17, 2009 11:05 pm

Quoting EuroPL (Thread starter):
I want to go on a Western Caribbean Cruise with my family, and I looking for some cheap flghts. Since this is Anet, you guys are probably much better than me finding an inexpensive flight. I would love to fly direct, but sometimes its impossible (I think only WN serves BUF direct). The dates I am looking for at are: leaving YYZ or BUF (dont mind the 1.5 hour drive) arriving before 1pm on August 29th 2009 in FLL, and the return on the 6th of September departure from FLL must be 10am or later. Also if need be, I do not mind flying into MIA.
Thanks for your help in Advance.
-EuroPL

If you are booking a cruise and they do not handle the flights for you then I think it is your best bet to fly in on August 28th and spend 1 night in FLL in a cheap hotel mainly because the cruise lines do not cover your @$$ if you booked the air transportation yourself and if you miss the ship you have to pay to get to your first port of call. Flying in a day early will protect you from this happening, or see how much more it will cost if the cruise line does the air arrangements for you and you will be covered in that case.

Also this happened to me is that the ship lost an engine and we missed our flight leaving after the cruise was over so it might be recommended that you stay a day after the cruise is over but if you get cancellation insurance then this shouldn't be as big an issue.
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!