Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

YYZRWY23
Topic Author

Lufthansa Layover Policy

Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:53 pm

Hello,

I am planning to travel to Europe this summer and will be needing to fly in-between Barcelona and Rome. LH offers the best price but requires a connection in MUC. Is it possible for me to fly the BCN-MUC, stay in MUC a few days, then continue on MUC-FCO on the same ticket?

YYZRWY23
If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

HT

RE: Lufthansa Layover Policy

Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:35 pm

Sure. Just try any multi-stop booking - either of LH's own website or any broker. Not sure though what the quote will be. Likely will go up a bit, as to my understanding you them will be eligible to the flight tax charged for flights departing from a German airport.
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

reifel

Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:00 am

Correct, however as far as I know most of the intra-european LH fares will not allow stopover en route, unless you book the very high and expensive booking classes. Therefore I think price will considerably raise.
You may however book flights with a "stopover" of less tha 24 hours in MUC, then it will be considered as transfer and not as a stopover and you should get a cheaper fare.

HT

Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:55 am

Quoting YYZRWY23 (Thread starter):
Hello,

I am planning to travel to Europe this summer and will be needing to fly in-between Barcelona and Rome

After re-reading this, I meanwhile am confused about what kind of ticket you are looking for.
Is it
a) BCN - MUC - FCO oneway only with a few days stop in MUC; ramdom dates in July 2011 ca. 200 €
b) BCN -MUC // MUC - FCO // FCO - MUC - BCN as multi-stop

-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

YYZRWY23
Topic Author

Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:29 pm

Quoting HT (Reply 3):
After re-reading this, I meanwhile am confused about what kind of ticket you are looking for.
Is it
a) BCN - MUC - FCO oneway only with a few days stop in MUC; ramdom dates in July 2011 ca. 200 €

This is the option I was looking for. I would heading back to Canada from Italy so I only need the o/w flight. Some airlines specifically offer this type of option, but wasn't sure if LH does or not.

Thanks for the replies,

YYZRWY23
If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

HT

Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:49 pm

Quoting YYZRWY23 (Reply 4):
I only need the o/w flight.

In case you want to fly nonstop from BCN to ROM, you might want to have a look into FR; they fly into CIA not FCO. But keep an eye on all their extra charges.
-HT

debonair

Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:34 am

Also Spanish low cost airline VUELING is flying BCN-FCO.