Moderators: richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

bps3458
Topic Author

AirAsia X Reliability Ex OOG

Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:33 am

Hi all,

need to attend a conference in KUL in November and as I have collected enough status credits for another year as a QF Platinum thought I'd look for some cheaper business class options to KUL.

Came across this perfect flight with AirAsia X departing OOL on Wednesday, November 11, 2015 at 21:45 hrs local time for A$ 600.00 in their business class (flat bed) and returning on Sunday, November 15, 2015 for A$ 1215 so total A$ 1815 which is more than A$ 1000 cheaper than any other options I found.

My concern is, how reliable is AirAsia X ex Australia and are they known to cancel flights short term and put you on other flights ? I am not concerned about their inflight product. Looks more than okay for such such 8 hours flights but am more concerned about the schedule reliability especially the 21:45 hrs departure from the Gold Coast.

Any comments/concerns highly appreciate as I want to book asap and I do not mind saving $ 1000 either as long as they fly.

Cheers from Brisbane,

Peter

TruemanQLD

RE: AirAsia X Reliability Ex OOG

Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:31 am

Quoting bps3458 (Thread starter):

You'll be fine. Only concern would be the 2300 curfew at OOL could be a small issues.

jbflyguy84

Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:38 am

Quoting bps3458 (Thread starter):
Came across this perfect flight with AirAsia X departing OOL on Wednesday, November 11, 2015 at 21:45 hrs local time for A$ 600.00 in their business class (flat bed) and returning on Sunday, November 15, 2015 for A$ 1215 so total A$ 1815 which is more than A$ 1000 cheaper than any other options I found.

Note that their business class is not flat bed although they try their hardest to convince the public otherwise. Its an angled lie flat with about a 25-30% incline.

Note also that its not an 'open bar' when it comes to food/drink. You will get a hot meal plus one non alcoholic beverage. everything beyond is paid for...

Flown in it myself, its fine for a day time flight, but if you're hoping for sleep, it may be a bit uncomfortable (but its a hell of a lot better than their 3-3-3 in Y!!!).

Enjoy the flight!

CPDC10-30

Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:18 pm

Quoting jbflyguy84 (Reply 2):
(but its a hell of a lot better than their 3-3-3 in Y!!!).

I've flown roundtrips to both MEL and SYD on D7. Surprisingly the seats were not as bad as expected, they are narrow, but the seat pitch is OK, and the actual seats themselves are quite comfortable.